• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I hate how the car class levels scale with yours to the T. Tuned my GT to a X 999 and I'm racing Audi R8s and GTRs that are also X 999. Kinda defeats the purpose of my upgrading my car if I'm not getting a real edge on the competition.

I hate how the car class levels scale with yours to the T. Tuned my GT to a X 999 and I'm racing Audi R8s and GTRs that are also X 999. Kinda defeats the purpose of my upgrading my car if I'm not getting a real edge on the competition.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either. They all remain within 50 points on you. I think I'd prefer it if they'd limit the events to performance classes.

squared

Yeah, that final showcase... what were they thinking? So you're telling me that is more crazy than racing a freaking fighter jet, in a city, with a Lambo? Uhh..

I also wonder how much
Polaris
paid to be the background for the credits :D

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either. They all remain within 50 points on you. I think I'd prefer it if they'd limit the events to performance classes.

Not to mention some of the classes they allow you to use in races blows my mind. Did my first Head to Head street race against a 2003 BMW with my X999 Ford GT

Kumubou

That's not the best anymore either :)

There's currently another where in 10 mins you can get about 500k XP.

https://youtu.be/BxcFP9akUtg
I went ahead and tested this, and... uh... it works:

f1zVid6.png

I'm curious how they're going to fix this, since this seems like the sort of thing that would get their hair to be on fire (as opposed to the 43643643642 issues with the PC port).

Another weird thing I noticed is the results from the race -- and keep in mind that this is with the AI set to Unbeatable:

Did the AI just realize that I was screwing around and decide to go get a sandwich in the middle of the race?

AsianOni

I'm curious how they're going to fix this, since this seems like the sort of thing that would get their hair to be on fire (as opposed to the 43643643642 issues with the PC port).

Another weird thing I noticed is the results from the race -- and keep in mind that this is with the AI set to Unbeatable:

Did the AI just realize that I was screwing around and decide to go get a sandwich in the middle of the race?

Same thing like the Goliath race. The AI just freeze past a certain distance between us.

TheKeyPit

Banned

They won't.

Xater

I need to look up how to properly jump to the last 3 XP boards I am missing. I think I know how, but it's somehow not working out.

That is incredibly accurate hahaha, when the credits started rolling I was like "Wait, what?! That's it?!".

And them showing that vehicle the entire credit sequence...I mean it was a neat thing to drive but really? lol

I love the game, adore it even, but that ending was just...strange lol. Even 2 was better with putting us on a track that spans the entire map. I question why the Goliath race is just some race on the beach and not given more attention.

Kumubou

I have my Nomad only tuned to A, so I guess I should just up that to S1 and I'm good.
You'll probably need it at S2 -- I tried making a couple of the jumps in the Nomad at S1 and didn't have the speed to make them, whereas that thing was going into low orbit maxed out.

And them showing that vehicle the entire credit sequence...I mean it was a neat thing to drive but really? lol

I love the game, adore it even, but that ending was just...strange lol. Even 2 was better with putting us on a track that spans the entire map. I question why the Goliath race is just some race on the beach and not given more attention.
That ending sequence feels like something that was added at the last second -- wouldn't surprise me if whatever they really wanted to do got cut for the sake of time.

As for why Goliath isn't the final event, the AI has a tendency to just explode on that track (as in they end up getting stuck, just saying put or ending up in New Zealand) and that might have something to do with it. Or maybe Playground Games really likes golf carts, who knows.

Krakatoa

Fuck you convoy AI, Why are you always ramming me when I am on a large skill combo!!

I guess the moral of the story is don't do Convoys if you want to rack up skill points...

Not to mention some of the classes they allow you to use in races blows my mind. Did my first Head to Head street race against a 2003 BMW with my X999 Ford GT

It also feels like it takes some incentive away to try out different cars. I've been using a tuned 240Z for the majority of the races (because I love that car), but aside from the events that force a specific car class on you, the 240Z was enough to beat the events and street races.

It's also annoying that the AI adapts your performance class in free roam. I get why they're going it, but they should definitely spread out the classes a little more. I tested the Warthog yesterday and as soon as I left the festival grounds and hit the road, it felt like every other car was an off-road car and every third or fourth car a Warthog. Stuff like that pulls me a little out of the experience.

pringles

Lol all the complaining about the final showcase.. they should probably have re-arranged the order of them but it's not like anyone plays this because of some kind of story build up to a final climactic moment. Showcases were always a "let's just get it over with" event for me in these games. Really glad they didn't force you into a race around the entire map in this one.

The car list is a bit outdated. No new NSX, DB11, i8, Alfa Giulia etc. Very boring to put the spotlight on that Lambo. It's not even relevant enough to have its own wikipedia page, why is it on the cover?

MarveI

I HATE...absolutely HATE the auction house. I adore the game, my fav racer of all time but man the auction house is SOOOOO frustrating. I don't even know where to start. It's slow, very slow, you bid and you have to wait to get your credits back and you have to manually collect them. Why can't you get the credits back asap after you lost the bid ? Why do you have to manually collect them it's a pain to go through it individually so much time lost. And when you search for a car and bid then go back you have to manually insert the brand and model name again. I mean the nature of the auction house is a superb idea but the execution is painfully problematic. Really hope for some improvements to this as right now I can't even be bothered going in there. Apologize for this little rant I LOVE everything about this game and this part being the only part that really annoyed me. My GOTY so far.

Dave_6

Finally got my first HE car last night, the Huracan! Proceeded to get ~90,000x10 skill points when a skill song came on right after I started driving it. So good.

ElNino

The real question about showcase events is this:

Has anyone ever actually lost one?
I haven't, but some in the thread have indicated they have. All of mine have been really narrow wins, to the point that I figured they were scripted that way. I still believe they are scripted to make it close, but I guess they might only go so far until you lose?

psychotron

Getting that same shit here. I hope they are aware people are having this problem and can fix it with an update.
Also happens in online races for me and has ruined a few.

As an update. After trying moving the game from internal to external, external to internal, re-downloading the game, unplugging the system.....I still had the stutter issue.

Then I decided to opt out of the preview program to see if maybe that was causing the issue. Well two days after opting out of the preview program, my system did a full restore back to factory settings, as per the terms when you opt out of the program after already being enrolled. It didn't matter to me because all my games were saved on my external drive. After firing up the game, I was able to play over two hours without a single stutter. Then last night, I played for three more hours and there wasn't a single issue. The game is also loading way faster and even accessing the map seems snappier. Now there may be an expiration date on this great level of performance, but for now it's working awesome and I'm loving the game again.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I haven't, but some in the thread have indicated they have. All of mine have been really narrow wins, to the point that I figured they were scripted that way. I still believe they are scripted to make it close, but I guess they might only go so far until you lose?

I believe it is scripted until the very last segment. At that point if you wipe out or take a turn wrong, you will lose the race. But I think the other 90% of the showcase is completely scripted. Can't have those cool "moments" otherwise.

Daffy Duck

I believe it is scripted until the very last segment. At that point if you wipe out or take a turn wrong, you will lose the race. But I think the other 90% of the showcase is completely scripted. Can't have those cool "moments" otherwise.

But that's where they lose the cool moments in the very essence of being scripted, it just becomes a boring route to drive with a few things going on around you.

Iceman829

The opponent's are usually scaled to your car (except for night races maybe?). If you auto-upgrade, it will boost opponents vehicles to match. Really the best thing to do is get a setup you're comfortable with, or download a highly rated community tune until you do, and complete races however you want to. In my experience, races with faster cars are harder to win because the AI is much better at throttle control/cornering than the average player.

The AI in super cars on pavement vs the AI offroad are two complete different things and it's probably the only thing that really bugs me about the game. I can wipe the floor with the AI in the off road races on expert difficulty, but if I switch over to super cars on pavement it's almost like I'm driving the Flintstones car against them. Also Petran's drivatar is crazy hard to beat in these races. Even when I've tried lowering the difficulty to inexperienced his drivatar will be so far up in my business. I think I won a race against inexperienced with his car finishing about .3 seconds behind followed by a 15 second gap to the 3rd place car. I honestly don't understand the drivatars and why they are allowed to cheat. Yes, the drivatars can cheat. I bumped Petran's drivatar to miss a checkpoint believing the car would be warped back like the human players are. Nope... it just kept driving and ignored the fact it missed checkpoints.

I have my Nomad only tuned to A, so I guess I should just up that to S1 and I'm good.

If you are having issues look up Petran in the tune list. He tuned a Nomad that was good for the jumps. I've used it on some of the collectibles and it's been useful

ElNino

Yeah, that makes sense. All of the slo-mo sections wouldn't work otherwise.

But that's where they lose the cool moments in the very essence of being scripted, it just becomes a boring route to drive with a few things going on around you.
If you look at it that way, sure it isn't challenging to win but they are festival showcases as opposed to races so I'm okay with it. Maybe if they dialed back the "cool moments" parts to leave more room for failure (or success) that might help.

There is some really challenging things to do between Bucket Lists and some of the Street Races, but the Showcase Events are more like interactive cut scenes.

Azzawon

The real question about showcase events is this:

Has anyone ever actually lost one?

Me and a friend were co-oping some races the other night and while I won the showcase event outright, he was beaten
by the speedboats
by a few tenths of a second. Still doesn't really count as a loss I guess.

Game starts like

But ends like

Yeah, I wish the ending was a race in the long outback highways of a Ferrari Fuc K and a a ton of Jets, just in straight line with some awesome music ,a ton of festival shit going on and then some hyper cars join you for the final part.

I dindt like the actual Jet race in the city, I was expecting something like the one in the first trailer.

Those fucking drift challenges are getting absolutely ridiculous with the AI getting in the way. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but some of them seem down border impossible.

Could you guys recommend a good car for those challenges??

Luckydog

How in the heck are you guys building up hundreds of skill points so quickly? I see these recommendations for building XP, but just throwing 10+ skill pints away on temp skills and I'm like "damn, I wish I could GET 10, never mind having 10 to throw away".

Me and a friend were co-oping some races the other night and while I won the showcase event outright, he was beaten
by the speedboats
by a few tenths of a second. Still doesn't really count as a loss I guess.

My friend who is apparently terrible at the game lost the very first helicopter/jeep showcase by 3 seconds...not sure how that is possible.

Klocker

Can anyone tell me if I delete my save on Xbox and start over will my forza reward cars still show up as gifts when I start a new game?

Also I assume I will get regifted by VIP cars and such as well?

Invis

Just did the M3 HE drift tap race again for 1hr17min, and got 3.3m xp. Went from level 193 to 347. Got 247 skill points too, haha.

BHK3

Banned
My friend who is apparently terrible at the game lost the very first helicopter/jeep showcase by 3 seconds...not sure how that is possible.

Probably didn't use the rewind feature, this is a sim so hitting a wall means you're stuck for like a solid 5 seconds.

Top Bottom