• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

GHG

Backpressure from the turbocharger?

Nah its more a combination of the dual clutch gearbox and Mercedes having engineered the exhaust so that a little bit of unburnt fuel enters the exhaust and combusts there during throttle off conditions.

Hugstable

Banned
Is that Treasure Map DLC needed to find all the xp boards and fast travel board stuff? I've found a few xp boards and stuff but they rarely if ever show up on my mini map even when I'm near them. Is there something I'm doing wrong in getting them to appear on my minimap or is that how it normally is where you just have to rely on finding them in the world with no minimap?

Cyanity

Banned
Has anyone posted pre and post update benchmarks? My game has been running in downsampled 4k since day 1 with no issues, but any extra performance is always appreciated.

Is that Treasure Map DLC needed to find all the xp boards and fast travel board stuff? I've found a few xp boards and stuff but they rarely if ever show up on my mini map even when I'm near them. Is there something I'm doing wrong in getting them to appear on my minimap or is that how it normally is where you just have to rely on finding them in the world with no minimap?

It's not needed, and you should run into many of them just going about the events and stuff.

Some are harder to find, but there's plenty of resources online already if you're not enjoying the hunt.

desu

No its just a short cut, you can find them on your own just fine. There also maps on the net if you need to find missing ones.

Hugstable

Banned
It's not needed, and you should run into many of them just going about the events and stuff.

Some are harder to find, but there's plenty of resources online already if you're not enjoying the hunt.

No its just a short cut, you can find them on your own just fine. There also maps on the net if you need to find missing ones.

Thanks! Also one more question, I kinda clicked through fast and accepted the free trail for that Groove thing, how do I go about canceling that cause I really don't want to end up getting charged in 13 days lol

Look what's showing up in the AI's possessions now.

l0Tjvtv.png

zorbsie

Downloaded the update for PC. Now it wants me to download the whole game again. I feel like this wasn't supposed to happen.

EDIT: Checked for system updates and rebooted the system, game is fine now. Didn't have to redownload it.

JonnyKong

Am I doing the right thing by whenever I get a new car,

going straight into upgrades > autoupgrade > pay for the best possible one.

Does everybody do that? Or are people just leaving the car stats as they are when they get the car?

TEH-CJ

Banned
That's pretty strange then.

TEH-CJ, I believe you also complained about how the R34 sounded, would you try the R33 and see if you agree? The R33 sounds exactly as it and the R34 should but the R34 is using the M4's samples.

The R32 sounds the most accurate. R33 sounds better but it's a bit too high pitched and synthetic sounding. R34....I have no idea what happened there.

Does everybody do that? Or are people just leaving the car stats as they are when they get the car?

I do that on only the cars I like, but yeah the auto upgrade option seems to be the best option for me.

zorbsie

Once you get all the horizon cars on PC you can spin forever since duplicate HE cars sell for 5 million cr and you get them more frequently than 1 in 100 spins.

Well you buy all Horizon cars and then buy spins if you get dublicate from one of the Horizon cars you can sell them for 5million. Works only on pc i think

ah ok. I did that this morning. Scored 5M. But spins take to long to farm that method.

terrible

Banned

I've been custom tuning my cars mostly with extra horsepower in mind. Any time I do a grip tune the AI blows me away. Power seems to be the cure. I usually just bump cars up to the max of their current class though.

Is the Horizon car wheel spin trick still working after patch ?

WxR3dCo.jpg

Performance fixes be damned, gotta re-balance the in-game economy!

For singleplayer, it doesn't really matter. Do what you like. If you run stock, so do the Drivatars, and if you upgrade, so do they.

I like driving the car stock at least at first, but that can be frustrating sometimes when the car doesn't really feel competitive for the class/track.

84MelJL.jpg

rrs

Got my third HE car, a Ford GT. I'd show a cool paint job off but that thing is a pain in the ass to make a good looking skin in

After the XB1 patch, elements of the image would start flickering in a low key fashion, as if the refresh rate got dropped. It was odd. Returned to normal after I turned the console off and back on again.

This patch also added the Rivals and Social menus for me. Those not being previously accessible is further odd. Figured they were Gold only, but apparently I was supposed to have access to those. Guess a bug like that could slip through certification cause Microsoft can do whatever.

The 340R and Renegade are loads of fun in their respective classes, and although it took 'em long enough, with the BC the Huayra finally has the ridiculously OTT turbo chatter it should.

Also, why is the Vulcan classed with mere hypercars instead of the 'extreme track toys?' That's quite literally its raison d'être.

KRaZyAmmo

Is anyone else having a long time getting into the garage? It takes 4 minutes for me to get in the actual game.

I have my windows fully updated

I've been custom tuning my cars mostly with. Any time I do a grip tune the AI blows me away. Power seems to be the cure. I usually just bump cars up to the max of their current class though.

This is what I do. Auto-upgrading every car to S2 is boring. I find A and B classes to be the most fun.

rrs

This is what I do. Auto-upgrading every car to S2 is boring. I find A and B classes to be the most fun.
Yeah, I find the lower classes to have more fun racing rather than holding on for dear life. Seriously, S2 endgame is 1500 HP AWD one way tickets into a ditch
or those racecars that are completely OP but that's another story

Noobcraft

Got my 10th Horizon Edition car from wheelspins today at level 205.

I have the:
BMW M3 HE
BMW M4 HE
Chevy Camaro HE
Dodge Viper HE
Ford Mustang Boss 302 HE
Ford GT HE
Jaguar F Type HE
Lamborghini Huracan HE
Nissan GTR HE
Subaru BRZ HE

I know I'm missing the Focus RS, what else is there?

Top Bottom