• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

eek5

Will it work with a Skills HE car or does it need to be a Drift Score boost HE car?

drift is the best because of 12k drift taps

BTW if you don't want to just grind back and forth figure 8 is pretty much the same thing except you're going in circles. The trick is to ebrake drift or turn hard and "turn" with the wall and you can get multiple drift taps on every turn.

louiedog

Ha! I was practicing grinding against the rail with that BMW M3 HE before trying the race and a skill song came on. I got a 2.5 million score in like 15 seconds.

Devildoll

Oh OK.

So drifting around the Goliath Circuit with a skill boost HE car is definitely the way to go if you want easy xp. 45 mins for 3 laps and this for xp:
screenshot-original5pcpnu.png

Yeah that seems better than just trying to go fast.

I did 5 laps in the jaguar, which took 49 minutes
0zIiAHW.png

LoveCake

Just un-locked The Goliath Race, but I don't have a HE car to race with :mad:

While I am in a complaining mood, why is it always raining 50% of the time in the game, also I wouldn't have minded a few long straight roads through the desert where the cars could be maxed out.

I dunno, I loved the first game and also the second, the game and most of the races were a event, but this third game feels a bit of a chore, as for the blu-prints I just leave them as they are, otherwise I would be racing hyper-cars all the time, there should have been some rock crawling events or Formula off-Road something :/

rrs

That wall hugging strat is going to send M3 HE prices sky high, if you need money Goliath still works and skill points by drifting on the air strip

The showcases as well as the exhibitions and championships seem like they are all meant to be close, hence why the cars almost always end up with times close to yours even when a person chills back doing skill chains.

It's like the whole game is meant to match up with your level somewhat. Change cars and the cars around you change. Level up your car for races and the cars all have levels similar to yours. Hard to lose showcases..etc

On the other hand there's still some imbalance with the night races as they can be crazy difficult on any settings, especially the high ones. And, to me it's odd that the car levels in races are similar to yours, maybe less if you have maxed that class, but you always start in eight and the cars ahead of you have some crazy acceleration that allows them to jump off the line. Even if they are similar to yours.

Before anyone says anythinbg, I understand that AWD helps with acceleration but if we are all the same drivetrain...

mrmyth

I've never had the Drivatar issues in Forza that other people have had, but fuck the Hypercar Endurance championship. Specifically fuck the desert highway circuit. I've done that race with an S2 and an X Veyron that can out-accelerate the entire field and stay in the lead the whole straightaway and still cant catch first place if he gets by me on a turn. And he always gets by me, because his car drives like it's painting the lines on the inside curves. His brake lights flash for less than a second and he takes curves full speed. This is the only race in game where I know second place isn't my fault. And dropping down to highly skilled doesn't change anything. I know the game can't calculate physics for non-player cars, but I thought I was playing Forza, not Tron.

rrs

Tinúviel;219168392 said:
Can we do that drift thing with Focus RS HE?
Possible in theory with any drift car, but I don't know the tune used to get the results although I'd guess it involves making the car less drifty and putting a lot of power down

MouldyK

Forza Rewards finally knows I drove down roads in order to get my 310 Gamerscore (should be 350, but the extra 40 was gathered 2 days ago, so I expect those to be tracked around Christmas) and my Driver Level of 24 (should be Level 55, but since it hasn't updated in like 5 days, i'm expecting them sometime in the New Year).

stn

Started this game today, its fantastic. Definitely going to go back and buy FH2 when I complete the campaign. Is the VIP pass worth getting? I contemplated getting it for FH6 before didn't.

Started this game today, its fantastic. Definitely going to go back and buy FH2 when I complete the campaign. Is the VIP pass worth getting? I contemplated getting it for FH6 before didn't.

Probably not if you have to pay $20 for it, but it's a nice car pack, I think.

But any expansion discount was tied to Ultimate and not VIP apparently, and the credit boost on level up doesn't seem that useful with all the ways there are to grind CR if you need it.

Just un-locked The Goliath Race, but I don't have a HE car to race with :mad:

While I am in a complaining mood, why is it always raining 50% of the time in the game, also I wouldn't have minded a few long straight roads through the desert where the cars could be maxed out.

I dunno, I loved the first game and also the second, the game and most of the races were a event, but this third game feels a bit of a chore, as for the blu-prints I just leave them as they are, otherwise I would be racing hyper-cars all the time, there should have been some rock crawling events or Formula off-Road something :/

But you can make your own races? There's also a two-way motorway in the desert :D

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I got lucky last night with a couple wheelspins getting the Jag AND Mustang XP Boost cars.

This is ,of course, after I won the BRZ from the auction house a couple days ago.

Fox Mulder

Bravo with the XP board in the train tunnel that I've never seen before.

I though the game was glitched for my last one as I was sitting on the icon and nothing was around.

Phatcorns

Anyone else's VIP membership not working? The game won't let me get in any of my VIP cars and it's not giving me double XP spins.

It just asks me to buy VIP when I try to get in one of the cars

Allforce

Is there any way to search for just 1 particular friend from your friends list to compare to? I have a buddy who plays but he doesn't show up in my game as a Drivatar at all and I want to compare our results.

Is it because I'm in a club (GAF) and he's not? Frustrating.

terrible

Banned
Is there any way to search for just 1 particular friend from your friends list to compare to? I have a buddy who plays but he doesn't show up in my game as a Drivatar at all and I want to compare our results.

On leaderboards you can push X I believe it is until the filter for friends comes up.

If you're talking about having him in your drivatar lineup I can't help you. I think it's random and it takes people from your club and friends list so you're more likely to see a club member than anything else unless you have a huge friends list.

LQX

Skill songs seems to be not working on PC after the patch? Before when they played on the radio the multiplier would be a pink color, now the color and the number doesn't change.

rrs

Got the BRZ and focus HE cars after 20 minutes of wall hugging
lyLnJVd.jpg

Yeah, change filters in the leaderboard

Forza Rewards finally knows I drove down roads in order to get my 310 Gamerscore (should be 350, but the extra 40 was gathered 2 days ago, so I expect those to be tracked around Christmas) and my Driver Level of 24 (should be Level 55, but since it hasn't updated in like 5 days, i'm expecting them sometime in the New Year).

Bout time Forza hub started working again.

Loving fh3, but I'm missing extreme weather that storm island and drive club offer. Any word on weather dlc? I also wish the game was more muddy

eek5

I would, except the exploit looks decidedly unfun. Drifting around the Goliath Circuit? Fun. Rubbing a BMW along a guard rail back and forth for 10 minutes? Not fun.

Do figure 8 drift tap. You actually drift because there are actual turns but all the turns have walls that you can tap while you drift.

louiedog

It took a week after launch for Forza Rewards to finally update. Couldn't they have waited just a few more hours....?

I better chase some close achievements if I want that to move again before claiming my next set of rewards.

Hugstable

Banned
Could I get an invite into the GAF group please? Wanna join the club everyone now that I unlocked clubs today and I had put my gamertag in the spreadsheet a few days ago (I didn't realize it would take awhile to get clubs opened up lol)

rrs

Got 6 HE cars so far, but I was more excited about getting a 190 Evo 2, esprit V8, and the Countach from the rolls. Also did the final showcase and
wow that was a load of nothing

I would, except the exploit looks decidedly unfun. Drifting around the Goliath Circuit? Fun. Rubbing a BMW along a guard rail back and forth for 10 minutes? Not fun.

I'm glad someone else noticed and said it.

What's the point of utilizing the exploits anyway? To rank up the club? It doesn't seem neither fun nor challenging and you can gain the same things by having fun playing the game.

Invis

I'm glad someone else noticed and said it.

What's the point of utilizing the exploits anyway? To rank up the club? It doesn't seem neither fun nor challenging and you can gain the same things by having fun playing the game.

I did for about 4 hours today.

We all enjoy games differently.

FZW

Have you tried restarting the console? If that fails, deleting your save and reloading your backup from XBL might fix it.
tried restarting many times and no dice. I just tried deleting my local save but as soon as it syncs the cloud save to 100% it crashes again

Got damn, 5 days played and there are 4 people ahead of you lol
ppl are really into this game lol

Have you slept since the game came out? Lol

sleep???

leng jai

The map does such a poor job of telling you which races you've actually done and which ones have the championship unlocked.

Top Bottom