• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Noobcraft

Currently there are only 11 obtainable HE cars.
Oh OK.

So drifting around the Goliath Circuit with a skill boost HE car is definitely the way to go if you want easy xp. 45 mins for 3 laps and this for xp:
screenshot-original5pcpnu.png

witness

The M2 sounds terrific and drives great, just adore that car. No modifications for me except sport tires.

Even with sport tires, suspension, and sway bars the Crown Vic still feels hilariously floaty. Upgrades nicely though to a high level B class car and can look mean lowered and blacked out, basically like the Marauder.

Fox Mulder

The 340R and Renegade are loads of fun in their respective classes, and although it took 'em long enough, with the BC the Huayra finally has the ridiculously OTT turbo chatter it should.

Also, why is the Vulcan classed with mere hypercars instead of the 'extreme track toys?' That's quite literally its raison d'être.

The pagani gave me an erection when I hit the explode button.

EYEL1NER

I wish my Forza Hub progress for the game would update. My Gamerscore tracks but that is it so far.
Also, I need to buckle down and get to where I can join clubs. I also need to add myself to the spreadsheet, I suppose.

leng jai

So the credit roll doesn't really mean anything other than the fact that you finished all the showcase events (which we all fairly boring). The way they designed the progression in this game doesn't make much sense but it's fun nonetheless.

cackhyena

So I'm not too far in. This is my first Horizon game and I'm having a blast, but I'm a little confused. Should I just auto upgrade cars? When I do that, does the game scale the other drivers to my specs for the races I enter, or can I fuck myself over under tweaking?

rrs

So I'm not too far in. This is my first Horizon game and I'm having a blast, but I'm a little confused. Should I just auto upgrade cars? When I do that, does the game scale the other drivers to my specs for the races I enter, or can I fuck myself over under tweaking?
drivers are scaled to your PI, although I'd say doing all the upgrade work yourself can allow you to balance HP to handling easier
The opponent's are usually scaled to your car (except for night races maybe?).
pretty sure night races are PI scaled too but use all cars, while the
midnight races
might have fixed PI machines

Noobcraft

The opponent's are usually scaled to your car (except for night races maybe?). If you auto-upgrade, it will boost opponents vehicles to match. Really the best thing to do is get a setup you're comfortable with, or download a highly rated community tune until you do, and complete races however you want to. In my experience, races with faster cars are harder to win because the AI is much better at throttle control/cornering than the average player.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I just played the Showcase event where
you race alongside the speedboats
and it occurred to me how brilliant this game is and how Playground are just on another level. That was the widest a game has made me smile in ages. And I'm only %10 done with the game! Holy shit!

So I just played the Showcase event where
you race alongside the speedboats
and it occurred to me how brilliant this game is and how Playground are just on another level. That was the widest a game has made me smile in ages. And I'm only %10 done with the game! Holy shit!

Yeah that one is my favorite.

Montresor

How do I sell a car? Not at the auction I mean.

I have a Nissan Fairlady that I've tried to sell unsuccessfully through the auction house. Twice.

So I went to the Fairlady and clicked Remove From My Garage.

Is there no way to sell a car to the CPU / autoshow?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
yaaasss got my first HE

WUyKVNG.jpg

great to drive in the bay
Nice, congrats! Can't wait for my first one.

Anyone who wants a Halo: Warthog for Forza Horizon 3 can PM me, I've got a spare code. Not sure if it works for Windows, I'm on X1

Montresor

Correct. AH only.

I see thanks.

I needed to sell just one more car to get the achievement for selling 5 cars at the auction house. No one would bite on my Fairlady!

So I bought a Lamborghini for 174k credits and put it up for auction with a 96k buy-it-now price. And finally someone bites and I have the achievement.

EYEL1NER

Just got my first HE car, the Focus RS HE with Drift Skills Boost. I'm at Lvl 26 and just bought the skill that lets me buy wheel spins. I had about 2 million credits and decided to spin until I hit 1.8 million. About 10-15 spins later (I got lucky on spins that weren't free cars, netting 100,000 multiple times or close to it), I get the HE car.

legbone

well, all in all, not a bad night. got an expansion, checked out the new car pack, won a 100k in a wheelspin, and won the ss camaro he (skill boost) in a spin as well. used it to get a crazy amount of perks. do you ever find yourself driving along in this game, then a skill song comes on, and next thing you know you are plowing through a vinyard or some shit sideways racking up a nice long string of points. i love this game.

Montresor

I just got fucked in this game.

I had my Lamborghini Huracan Horizon Edition car (gives skill boosts) and a Skill Song played on the radio. I found a groove and then ended up building a skill chain that was 40.8k times 10.0 multiplier.

Then I lost connection to the Internet at home and the game crashed. I own the digital version (not the disc). And the Xbox I was using wasn't designated as my home Xbox (my brother's Xbox 5 mins away from where I live is designated as my home Xbox).

Dammit!!!! It makes sense what happened but I'm still bitter.

Invis

Oh OK.

So drifting around the Goliath Circuit with a skill boost HE car is definitely the way to go if you want easy xp. 45 mins for 3 laps and this for xp:

Not the best way anymore. I got a little under 850k xp in 28min doing the drift tap method with the M3 HE.

Montresor

I just got fucked in this game.

I had my Lamborghini Huracan Horizon Edition car (gives skill boosts) and a Skill Song played on the radio. I found a groove and then ended up building a skill chain that was 40.8k times 10.0 multiplier.

Then I lost connection to the Internet at home and the game crashed. I own the digital version (not the disc). And the Xbox I was using wasn't designated as my home Xbox (my brother's Xbox 5 mins away from where I live is designated as my home Xbox).

Dammit!!!! It makes sense what happened but I'm still bitter.

Ah I quickly made up almost all the lost points. I got a 60k skill chain with a 5.0 multiplier (no skill song this time). Feels good. There's an area southwest of Surfers Paradise with a ton of shrubbery. You can get so many drift, wreckage and sideswipe skills there. The points are given away like candy.

AcridMeat

Banned
The Dune Buggy is so damn fun.

Especially when you put a turbo rally engine in it and bump it to an S1 with tons of other upgrades. If only it had a skill boost because I spent 5-10 minutes just doing massive drifts in random fields.

I'm not impressed by the graphics. Cars look weird and cartoony. Driveclub is a generation ahead visually.

But you can see corners in this game and that's all that matters (fuck Driveclub). Having a lot of fun. Wheelspin has brought some of the fun back to unlocks in racing games, thank god.

Vuze

Anyone know where to disable these notifications in Win10? Super annoying
xZY044h.png

("xy has beaten your best time" etc)

desu

Anyone know where to disable these notifications in Win10? Super annoying
xZY044h.png

("xy has beaten your best time" etc)

Check in the windows settings, there is an area for notifications where you can disable it. You might be able to reach it from the bottom right notifcation area as well.

LQX

Fucking hell. I had a car that was worth 10 million. I made some upgrades and now it is worth less that 100K. Am I fucked?

LQX

They have nerfed their value, it's now the same as it was on console.

EDIT: You could spam wheelspin and make a 5.5M profit each time you rolled a HE car you already had.

Well that sucks. From 10mil to 100k. Should have sold it.

BNGames

Running into a new glitch after the patch. Whenever I download a community tuning on a car the wheels disappear.

Video: https://youtu.be/2nh6QqyaQrI

YXkSUcrl.jpg

Edit 1 Looks like the audio is off for some reason, source files are screwed, im just going to leave it as is, the video is short.

Top Bottom