• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

legbone

Playground, here's an idea, pay me what you will, or put a special thank you in the credits and mention gaf. Ok, here's the idea. Crafting. In Horizon 4, let us craft stuff. We could build our own HE cars if we got the necessary materials. We could actually do the work on the barn finds. Like each barn find would be several different types of mission (think driver). you could have to go looking for a transmission for your car. Or the classic "300 horse heads" for a 327 (real, and I know where a set are right now. In 93 the guy wanted 1500 bucks for them if i remember right). Or you would have to do a mini game and primer and paint your car. Or just primer if your an 80's hoodlum/burnout/metalhead/me in jr high. Anyway, there you go Playground. Hire me, pay me or thank me. Your move. And I apologize if anyone has mentioned this in this thread.

Gaenor

Banned
Playground, here's an idea, pay me what you will, or put a special thank you in the credits and mention gaf. Ok, here's the idea. Crafting. In Horizon 4, let us craft stuff. We could build our own HE cars if we got the necessary materials. We could actually do the work on the barn finds. Like each barn find would be several different types of mission (think driver). you could have to go looking for a transmission for your car. Or the classic "300 horse heads" for a 327 (real, and I know where a set are right now. In 93 the guy wanted 1500 bucks for them if i remember right). Or you would have to do a mini game and primer and paint your car. Or just primer if your an 80's hoodlum/burnout/metalhead/me in jr high. Anyway, there you go Playground. Hire me, pay me or thank me. Your move. And I apologize if anyone has mentioned this in this thread.

0FceVsw.gif

terrible

Banned

But I thought everyone agreed that fetch quests are the worst.

Don't quit your day job friendo.

Please no, god no.

c0Zm1c

I wouldn't mind actually crafting race courses (placing checkpoints) in Horizon 4, something I and seemingly many others were hoping would be in this game!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
At level 62 I FINALLY got my first HE car, Subaru BRZ. Hoping to get the M3 HE next, but really just winning any HE car feels pretty awesome.

I'm having a lot of fun messing with customization and tuning, especially making some ridiculous slammed cars with raked out negative camber on wide body.

Makikou

I wouldn't mind actually crafting race courses (placing checkpoints) in Horizon 4, something I and seemingly many others were hoping would be in this game!

It was supposed to be in this game but they backtracked superhard on that promise.

Finally added myself to the spreadsheet.

Do we know if these expansions are included with the car pass? Probably not. I'm in either way.

RawNuts

With all of the trees and streetlights I've been mowing down, I could build hundreds of Ford Woodys.

Do we know if these expansions are included with the car pass? Probably not. I'm in either way.
There is a separate expansion pass listed in the store, which has a discount on it if you bought the ultimate edition.

icespide

Banned
so i've been playing this game off and on for the last couple weeks and i really enjoy racing but i've found that i really don't enjoy all of the none racing stuff (PR stunts, xp boards, hidden barns, etc)

am i limiting myself progression wise if i just focus on races and skip everything else?

eek5

so i've been playing this game off and on for the last couple weeks and i really enjoy racing but i've found that i really don't enjoy all of the none racing stuff (PR stunts, xp boards, hidden barns, etc)

am i limiting myself progression wise if i just focus on races and skip everything else?

That stuff is easy fans when driving around but you get the majority of the fans by just 1 starring that stuff. Barns have cars you can't buy from autoshow but you can buy them from AH if you want so no you don't really miss out on anything.

MouldyK

I started this week by trying to focus on them when I played after work...

...I only play an hour driving around for Speed Traps and Jumps in my Atom before becoming really bored.

Today? Just gonna race in a Car I like. Will get those things later. I guess the Open World with a Racing Wheel bores me and I want to use it to race, not cruise.

EDIT: Forza Rewards finally updated for me! Still 800 points from Tier 11 though.

AsianOni

For those interested I tried to do some comparison shots in photomode between the X1 and PC (at 1080p and 4K (downsampled to 1080) Low and Ultra presets).
What would be the best website/tool to upload/compare them ?

For those interested I tried to do some comparison shots in photomode between the X1 and PC (at 1080p and 4K (downsampled to 1080) Low and Ultra presets).
What would be the best website/tool to upload/compare them ?
Look for JuxtaposeJS Knight Lab, it's a site that lets you upload two pictures at a time to make one of those sliding comparison tools.

Azzawon

Photomode comparison:
X1 vs 1080_Low
X1 vs 1080_Ultra
1080_Low vs 1080_Ultra
1080_Ultra vs 4K_Ultra
X1 vs 4K_Ultra

My 4K_Low shot is busted but you can get the idea.

Well, 1080 definitely looks a little bit softer compared to the X1 (especially if not on Ultra), so even if the 4K shots look good, could it be even better if the photomode wasn't bugued ?

EDIT: I used the presets in-game and only removed FXAA because otherwise it would crash my game... : D

I'm amazed at how well the X1 holds up. I know it's capped to 30fps, but it's still very impressive for the hardware.

Edit: looks like my Forza Hub has updated too - catching you up zorbs!

AwAAnlR.png

ha just won an M3 Horizon edition on the auction house for 500k. this was immediately after watching two of them sell for over 1.5 million and not being able to win them. i guess that's cool considering i shouldve been in bed hours ago XD

xrnzaaas

ha just won an M3 Horizon edition on the auction house for 500k. this was immediately after watching two of them sell for over 1.5 million and not being able to win them. i guess that's cool considering i shouldve been in bed hours ago XD

Imo it's best to participate in auctions at odd hours so there's less chance of tons of other gamers looking to buy the same cars (or any valuable car at a low price for that matter).

GHG

Anyone know what peak hours are for the auction house?

I might start flipping HE cars for easy extra credits.

FZW

absolutely not.

This is how bad copy paste triple A games are made

Kumubou

Man, I am really not a fan of how Online Adventure works. It feels like they thought using the scoring from Whose Line Is It, Anyway? would be a good idea. That and there's tons of downtime for no reason, going from loading screen to people dicking around in the open world farming skill points to another loading screen now waiting for people to show up at the starting grid to finally getting started oh wait just dick around some more that scores you more points than actually racing. That and the fact that XP boost cars actually work for the scoring is just extra lulz. Did nobody think this through? If I wanted to be a real jerk, I could just wall grind my way to 1st in every online match... but that's boring as all hell. I don't expect Forza Horizon to go all eeeeeeeeeeeeee-sports on people, but what's the point of even having the mode?

What's annoying is that there's another Microsoft-published racing game that got these mechanics right (PGR4), and the fix is relatively simple. In PGR4, your in-race kudos were added to your points total (at a 1:1 rate)... but the amount you could earn from a single race for ranking purposes was capped at 1,000, and you got 9,000 points for coming in 1st. So you couldn't stay in last and spin 100,000 points worth of donuts to win. So they could implement something like having only the first N amount of XP earned from skills count for ranking in a given race so that the actual races actually mattered.

This post actually make me throw up in my mouth, ugh.

If you still think this is a good idea, go play The Crew and tell me how well the farming aspect in that game works out for a racer (and that's still not "real" crafting mechanics, yikes).

Tanston

For the regular exhibition races and championships is there a reason to go back and get first place on the races where I didn't? Above and beyond just getting more credits/xp ? I'm not seeing any immediate indication of which ones I finished first on vs not first when I look back. Maybe I missed something amidst the overwhelming amount of content.

Mohasus

I'm amazed at how well the X1 holds up. I know it's capped to 30fps, but it's still very impressive for the hardware.

Edit: looks like my Forza Hub has updated too - catching you up zorbs!

AwAAnlR.png

I really hate the fact that it is impossible to 1000/1000 Forza Apex.

Rumble19

Has anyone been able to play coop over Xbox live from their Xbox to their PC with only one copy of the game? I set the Xbox as my home Xbox and sign out with my account, and then start the game from my girlfriend's account. Then start the game on pc with my account. The weird part is that everything works fine until one of us accepts the invite to the others game, after which both of us get kicked out with a message saying this game is being played elsewhere.

Has anyone been able to play coop over Xbox live from their Xbox to their PC with only one copy of the game? I set the Xbox as my home Xbox and sign out with my account, and then start the game from my girlfriend's account. Then start the game on pc with my account. The weird part is that everything works fine until one of us accepts the invite to the others game, after which both of us get kicked out with a message saying this game is being played elsewhere.

Yes. I do it all the time.

It's weird that you're being kicked out on both instances. It should only affect one or the other not both.

For the regular exhibition races and championships is there a reason to go back and get first place on the races where I didn't? Above and beyond just getting more credits/xp ? I'm not seeing any immediate indication of which ones I finished first on vs not first when I look back. Maybe I missed something amidst the overwhelming amount of content.

No. FH3 doesn't put a lot of emphasis on being first.

Mohasus

Is it? I haven't actually set out to complete it yet, I need to drive all cars and earn a tonne more badges first!

I fired up the game here and it seems like the event glitch was fixed (spotlight events weren't counting).

I still need 9 emblems/badges though. :(

Which is the figure eight course people are referring to?

I tried the grinding on the high speed sprint, but I'm not doing that. lol

Top Bottom