• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

DarkestHour

Banned
Is it safe to assume our game progress is tied to our Xbox account? I play on PC and will be reformatting my PC and game drives due to getting another SSD. If I reinstall the game, will I retain my progress?

terrible

Banned
ha just won an M3 Horizon edition on the auction house for 500k. this was immediately after watching two of them sell for over 1.5 million and not being able to win them. i guess that's cool considering i shouldve been in bed hours ago XD

You gotta love that. For my last HE cars I just put in bids for auctions that didn't have a bid yet, did that 10+ times for each car. I ended up winning multiple cars for 200K or 300K since some of those auctions slipped through the cracks and nobody noticed them.

I ended up with mutiples of each car actually but I just put them back on the auction house and they all sold for like 800K each lol.

I believe you need to have outback festival level 5 for the figure 8 course to appear. I may be wrong.

You're correct.

Quirah

Is anyone having crashing issues after new patch on PC? My game crashed 2 times today after I updated that 1.89 GB patch.

FZW

So it seems my issue comes from a corrupt save file. Which basically means i got to delete ALL that progress and start over :(

I wonder if I could get back in the Club...

Fox Mulder

I hate that they added Apex to the Rewards, because I can't play it and get the points

Yeah, I've got most the points from each game, but apex is sitting there as a zero that I'll never play.

For the regular exhibition races and championships is there a reason to go back and get first place on the races where I didn't? Above and beyond just getting more credits/xp ? I'm not seeing any immediate indication of which ones I finished first on vs not first when I look back. Maybe I missed something amidst the overwhelming amount of content.

It's because wins are irrelevant to this game. You only have to win street races and showcase events to progress. All the other events your map gets buried in are just for festival fans and xp/credits. I think this is the worst, even laziest, campaign of the three games really.

terrible

Banned
I like that you don't have to win races. You don't need to play bumper cars to jump from 8th to 1st in three laps, you can race cleanly and only overtake a few cars and have fun that way if you choose. Might just be me though.

I like that you don't have to win races. You don't need to play bumper cars to jump from 8th to 1st in three laps, you can race cleanly and only overtake a few cars and have fun that way if you choose. Might just be me though.

I need to learn to stop striving for 1st place only....I will restart a lot of times even on exhibitions if I don't get first lol...

terrible

Banned
I need to learn to stop striving for 1st place only....I will restart a lot of times even on exhibitions if I don't get first lol...

It's hard to shake that mentality isn't it haha. With that said I totally restarted races to get first when I was trying to get festivals unlocked as quickly as possible, I can't lie. Now that I have everything unlocked I've got rewind off and all that and races can be pretty intense though.

MouldyK

I'm amazed at how well the X1 holds up. I know it's capped to 30fps, but it's still very impressive for the hardware.

Edit: looks like my Forza Hub has updated too - catching you up zorbs!

AwAAnlR.png

I had been ahead of him until 6 came out.

Just seen he has 500/500 on Forza Motorsport 2...something I can never get!

I hate you Zorbs and everyone else with the Auction House Achievement!

Ruruja

Should I always do blueprint championships with a HE car rather than the car championship they provide (In this case some Dodge Charger event), or do you get less rewards? If so I feel foolish for not doing it sooner.

desu

I really hate the fact that it is impossible to 1000/1000 Forza Apex.

Same here, more points I apparently will never get.

Also I wonder if there will be another game coming soon as the rewards page shows a total of 20k points while all games combined only account for 19k points. Maybe the expansion has a seperate list, that would be cool.

Just seen he has 500/500 on Forza Motorsport 2...something I can never get!

I hate you Zorbs and everyone else with the Auction House Achievement!

Same here, that and the DLC thats not available anymore for FM4 =/.

LoveCake

Managed to get into a online adventure race with a couple of fellow [GAF] members :D

When are the HE edition cars going to be able to be purchased as DLC or something, because I still have not yet got one, the spins I get are rubbish :mad:

I also have a spare Halo jeep (somehow) is it worth selling, if so how much and can you set a reserve?

I also opened the last festival location and I got to choose a free car, I went for the Lamborghini Aventador, when I went to upgrade the tires as I always do to the race ones, there were some Horizon Edition tires in the list, I have never seen these before, are they only for certain cars?

GT = Mr Noobcraft
add pls.

You have to fill in the form yourself, it's a Google Document that was in the quote, you have put in other information like location, times you are on etc.

eek5

Should I always do blueprint championships with a HE car rather than the car championship they provide (In this case some Dodge Charger event), or do you get less rewards? If so I feel foolish for not doing it sooner.

Just use whatever car you enjoy IMO. If you really need credits or XP you can grind that out very quickly so no need to grind all the time.

I usually do all my real races in A class because the AI seems more fair there

Managed to get into a online adventure race with a couple of fellow [GAF] members :D

When are the HE edition cars going to be able to be purchased as DLC or something, because I still have not yet got one, the spins I get are rubbish :mad:

I also have a spare Halo jeep (somehow) is it worth selling, if so how much and can you set a reserve?

I also opened the last festival location and I got to choose a free car, I went for the Lamborghini Aventador, when I went to upgrade the tires as I always do to the race ones, there were some Horizon Edition tires in the list, I have never seen these before, are they only for certain cars?

H.E. cars are available to all, so you've just been unlucky with your spins. You can buy them in the auction house too.

Not sure about the going rate for the Warthog, but you'll probably want to sell it soon before it becomes available via Forzathon.

Horizon tires are just for certain cars, and they have tire lettering.

Hip Hop

The PC version has so many 1 star reviews on the windows 10 store. Why is that? Is the PC version broken?

A lot of top of the line PC's can't sometimes even hold 60FPS. And there are stuttering issues too.

works great when it's locked at 30FPS for some though

Fwiw, I have good performance on PC with a 1070, 6700 and 16GB. No stuttering and mostly 60, and that was before the last patch.

I deleted the local save and as soon as the game brought it down from the cloud. it crashed again

That sucks. Happened to me with Tron Run/r and I lost all my.. whatever they're called. I'd be pissed it happened with a Forza game. :/

Got to play it today and I have to say... what an amazingly satisfying gameplay! I love it!

I have one question though: to get pictures of the game you have to go into the photomode? Isn't there a way to get gameplay captures like on PS4?

terrible

Banned
When you give your cop car 967 bhp but don't have enough performance points left to upgrade your tire compound while staying in A Class.

ezgif%20com-optimize%201_1447756762.gif

Got to play it today and I have to say... what an amazingly satisfying gameplay! I love it!

I have one question though: to get pictures of the game you have to go into the photomode? Isn't there a way to get gameplay captures like on PS4?

Yes. There's three ways (other than photo mode):

1. Double-tap Xbox button on controller and then press Y
2. Voice command: Take a screenshot
3. If you have a chatpad, press X1

Tanston

It's because wins are irrelevant to this game. You only have to win street races and showcase events to progress. All the other events your map gets buried in are just for festival fans and xp/credits. I think this is the worst, even laziest, campaign of the three games really.

In combination with the lack of leaderboards for those races this kind of kills the long term replay value a bit. That said most of the races are fun enough that you don't need incentive to replay them but still would have been nice to have goals to work towards. Something like winning all the races on X difficulty.

terrible

Banned
In combination with the lack of leaderboards for those races this kind of kills the long term replay value a bit. That said most of the races are fun enough that you don't need incentive to replay them but still would have been nice to have goals to work towards. Something like winning all the races on X difficulty.

There are leaderboards for every event, even showcase events and street races/midnight battles.

Patrick S.

Banned
Who designed the stupid auction house in this game? I see an auction that's supposed to run for one more minute, enter to bet, and the remaining time will alternate between "1 minute remaining" and "ending soon" for like ten minutes. Seriously, wtf? Is it so hard to display a fucking counter with the exact time left on the auction?

Who designed the stupid auction house in this game? I see an auction that's supposed to run for one more minute, enter to bet, and the remaining time will alternate between "1 minute remaining" and "ending soon" for like ten minutes. Seriously, wtf? Is it so hard to display a fucking counter with the exact time left on the auction?

The timer gets reset with a new bid, which may be what your experiencing.

RawNuts

Last minute bets extend the auction. It has to go a full minute without any more bets to be won.
It's more like a live auction, not eBay.

I'm always excited when Irish chick says there's a new Drivatar for my team...

And then I get deflated when I find out it's BobLikesTacos838 or 3Lit3Jammer99. :(

blackflag

Can you not mod the Horizon edition cars? I have the Subaru BRZ and it has terrible handling at S class. When I tried to drop it to A class it looks like it removes the HE perk.

Also, I thought there was a way to buy tuning setups from good tuners on the AH. I have no idea how to tune properly and I can't find where to buy them at.

The F-150 Raptor 2017 race truck is a freaking beast.

Top Bottom