• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

EYEL1NER

Just got my second HE car, the Jag with the XP boost. Pretty excited to use it but I've been getting a ton of points with the Ford Focus HE that I unlocked first, by taking it out during skill songs into the farm area in the center of the map and drifting around in the crops. So I'm not sure when I'll ditch it in favor of the Jag.
Pretty bummed that the El Camino is a C class car. I guess it is an SS though. I was planning on upgrading one for the Forzathon but nope, too high of a class. Maybe I'll upgrade my Jurassic Park Jeep and take that into the races.
And has anyone else had issues with skill songs not working right? Earlier I had one where it never started a timer and never gave bonus points, the DJ announced it and then announced that it was over when the song ended. I just had another one where I did a pretty high combo and gained a wheel spin from a level after, so I spun the wheel, bought a couple more spins (how I got the Jag) and afterwards there was no more skill song multiplier or timer. Yet after the song ended, the DJ again announced that the skill song was over.

Also, I finally reached the point where I can join a club, so I went to the spreadsheet to add my info and was going to request an invite. However, it seems like you can't edit the spreadsheet from an iOS device without downloading some app? Is this the case? Not like I can't download an app, but I was just wondering if maybe I was missing something simple or doing something wrong.

xviper

after the update i started experiencing problems with the game

some times it freeze for 2-3 seconds during gameplay, and sometimes the game shuts down by itself

anddo0

I've completed the final Showcase race! Kinda feels like finishing the career mode in Gran Turismo and seeing the credits roll.. Still lot's of game left, checklists to complete. I saved my money (didn't abuse a certain race). I was able to purchase my two most coveted cars Ferrari Fxx K and the Pagani Zonda Roadster, with more than 3 mill left over. I know having 7 mill banked seems minuscule, considering how some people are making money in this game, but at least I owned it.

20 of 30 Bucket list down.. Some of these are quite devious, and aren't as black and white as they seem. I do wish they had a better retry system for some of the drift challenges; thankfully you can ignore the suggested lines and cut across country.

Lego Boss

after the update i started experiencing problems with the game

some times it freeze for 2-3 seconds during gameplay, and sometimes the game shuts down by itself

Yep, I get this too on XBONE. Was buttery smooth before and now it freezes frequently.

Quite frustrating that such a well-coded game has this somehow added in.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yep if I put my cars up while 'murica is awake then my HE cars easily go for 1+ million. Any other time and its around the 500k mark.

If I buy in the morning my time and sell last thing at night I can make a pretty profit daily with minimal effort.

I put up my Mustang Boss HE around 9:30 and it only sold for 400k, the one and only bid. :\ I probably should have ponied up some money and upgraded it to make it seem more enticing, oh well.

A little later, I did another wheel spin and won another one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i haven't seen an HE car on the roulette in over 20 rolls :(

I've had 6 horizon cars from rolls since launch, spent about 1.2million credits total. Last night I got 1 Horizon car, spending around the same amount of credits.
There has to have been an adjustment, thought I was just having really bad luck.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Last minute bets extend the auction. It has to go a full minute without any more bets to be won.
It's more like a live auction, not eBay.

I must admit, auction watching has become a bit of a hobby of mine. Sometimes I will sniper an auction I have no intention of winning, just to drive the price up. "Think you are about to get a BMW HE for 221k? Nope." Of course when this happens to me, I am not pleased at all.

Data Ghost

Horizon 2 was my fav game on XBONE but a disconnecting controller issue always ruined the enjoyment of an intense multiplayer race.

In advance of Horizon 3 I ditched the old XBONE and got an S. Now Im in Horizon heaven! 4k HDR heaven!

Im finding multiplayer races tougher though, sometimes I get utterly destroyed with no hope of catching up. Am I missing something or is this a side effect of being older than when I first played Horizon 2 :))

psychotron

Yep, I get this too on XBONE. Was buttery smooth before and now it freezes frequently.

Quite frustrating that such a well-coded game has this somehow added in.

I've been getting this since launch. A full system restore fixed the issue for me for 3 full days....I was happy as hell. Then I installed the smoking tires pack and it came back. There's a few threads on the Forza forums about this, but PG is disappointingly silent about it.

h3ro

I must admit, auction watching has become a bit of a hobby of mine. Sometimes I will sniper an auction I have no intention of winning, just to drive the price up. "Think you are about to get a BMW HE for 221k? Nope." Of course when this happens to me, I am not pleased at all.

You're the worst.

Been disconnected at the end of the last flag rush game I needed twice. :/

Now my controller goes dead. *shakes fist at Forza gods*

Edit: Nevermind. I got it earlier than I thought, but it's one of those 100% but not popping cheevos. Hope it doesn't screw me out of the train horn.

xrnzaaas

Horizon 2 was my fav game on XBONE but a disconnecting controller issue always ruined the enjoyment of an intense multiplayer race.

In advance of Horizon 3 I ditched the old XBONE and got an S. Now Im in Horizon heaven! 4k HDR heaven!

Im finding multiplayer races tougher though, sometimes I get utterly destroyed with no hope of catching up. Am I missing something or is this a side effect of being older than when I first played Horizon 2 :))

Did you ever resolve the disconnection problem? My controller has been disconnecting since day one. I've tried normal bateries and a few different rechargable batteries. I'm guessing either the entire controller is faulty or the batteries are too loose, but I don't have the patience (and skill ;)) to try and fix that. I finally ended up playing through a USB cable and no disconnects since then.

Data Ghost

Did you ever resolve the disconnection problem? My controller has been disconnecting since day one. I've tried normal bateries and a few different rechargable batteries. I'm guessing either the entire controller is faulty or the batteries are too loose, but I don't have the patience (and skill ;)) to try and fix that. I finally ended up playing through a USB cable and no disconnects since then.

Nope tried everything, including different controllers. Its the console itself as far as I can tell. I sold the original XBONE with a few games etc for £200.00 (mentioned the disconnecting controller when wireless) and bought the S with FIFA 17 for £249. Sold FIFA 17 on eBay for £50, so I ended up paying nothing for the S.

This game is fantastic. Its just so much fun to play, I'm going to eventually go back and purchase FH2 since I missed out on it. Forza is far and away the best racing franchise, I don't even think its close at this point.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just having such a great time with this game, I love the whole thing. The way events are presented, the location, the graphics, the radios, everything... hahah 😍 😀

Grisby

Yeah, it really is a great game. Going to be on my goty list for sure.

Completed the campaign a few days ago and I have to admit that the Austraila map is way more fun to drive around than 2's.

0racle

I am loving this game, race after race and im still just as impressed as I was when I started 15 hours ago.

but has anyone else who initially used a wheel stopped and switched to controller?

I dropped my TX wheel, pro pedals and manual shifterand im back on the controller with numerous assists ON !

I found the horizon series to bee too twitchy both in physics and reaction to races/environment that it makes the wheel a REAL hindrance and my enjoyment suffered greatly.

I feel like I can play VERY wheel with the controller and its the way it should be played. ill keep my racing wheels for sim games where you dont need to be as twitchy.

I need some opinions from wheel users.

Azzawon

I am loving this game, race after race and im still just as impressed as I was when I started 15 hours ago.

but has anyone else who initially used a wheel stopped and switched to controller?

I dropped my TX wheel, pro pedals and manual shifterand im back on the controller with numerous assists ON !

I found the horizon series to bee too twitchy both in physics and reaction to races/environment that it makes the wheel a REAL hindrance and my enjoyment suffered greatly.

I feel like I can play VERY wheel with the controller and its the way it should be played. ill keep my racing wheels for sim games where you dont need to be as twitchy.

I need some opinions from wheel users.

Coming from another TX user, I personally find myself going for the pad in Horizon as well. I find Horizon needs more kneejerk reactions and like you say, it is quite twitchy and much more practical to use a pad to correct yourself when going for skills and hitting jumps and small bumps in the roads. I also prefer to use chase cam because of the increased awareness that is required in an open world racing game.

Noobcraft

Oh lord that comparison thread. What a shit show. :)
Thread has never been good lol. At best it keeps thelastword preoccupied preparing his next legal paper-like post that could have been stated in 100 characters or less. I've seen Terms of Service agreements shorter than his average post.

Tinúviel

About fucking time.10 mins ago someone bought this shit for 1.5mn in front of my eyes.

bmwhedlo5o.png

Caayn

Oh lord that comparison thread. What a shit show. :)
You mean the "Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)" thread? I think it's widely regarded as a hell hole for fanboys to fight in. It helps keep the other threads clean.

A while ago I was foolish enough to partake in the discussion. Since last year I've said goodbye to the thread and only enter, equipped with popcorn, to read the silly comments.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still playing with my T300RS wheel and new T3PA pro pedals.

I just have fun doing the races on average difficulty, don't care about drift zones etc. so I feel no need to switch to pad. Plus, I just generally refuse to play racers if I can't have fun with my wheel. I didn't drop $600+ on the wheel, wheel stand pro and pedals to play racers with a pad. :D

Plenty of racers out there, especially on PC, that play great with the wheel so I'd have just refunded this if I didn't like it with my wheel. Thankfully I'm having a blast and don't care about the drift events or setting top times or playing on higher difficulties where I'd need the added precision a pad may give. Also cockpit view or bust for me. :D

Just played the opening showcase and I was amazed. Game looks incredible on Xbox One, PG are wizards. I chose the Nissan 00 Silvia for my first car. Am I already dead?

You mean the "Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)" thread? I think it's widely regarded as a hell hole for fanboys to fight in. It helps keep the other threads clean.

A while ago I was foolish enough to partake in the discussion. Since last year I've said goodbye to the thread and only enter, equipped with popcorn, to read the silly comments.

Yes that's the one. The level of fanboy dumb in that thread is off the scale. Not posting there, no way. :)

louiedog

Is there a way to matchmake my way into stuff that gets me toward the Forzathon goals? When I try to get in Online Freeroam it's always S2 cars.

Is there a way to matchmake my way into stuff that gets me toward the Forzathon goals? When I try to get in Online Freeroam it's always S2 cars.

I just played custom online adventures, games only. Most people are up there doing the same thing, so A and S1 usually get the vote. I'd have three D cars ready: B, A , S1.

0racle

Coming from another TX user, I personally find myself going for the pad in Horizon as well. I find Horizon needs more kneejerk reactions and like you say, it is quite twitchy and much more practical to use a pad to correct yourself when going for skills and hitting jumps and small bumps in the roads. I also prefer to use chase cam because of the increased awareness that is required in an open world racing game.

woah, I left out that detail as well !

switched to chase cam, automatic gears and most of the assists on. I find the game is so generous with XP and money I dont really need the difficulty boosts. I find this highlights the games main goal, to have fun and I have never had so much enjoyment out of a racing game yet.

Gestault

Thread has never been good lol. At best it keeps thelastword preoccupied preparing his next legal paper-like post that could have been stated in 100 characters or less. I've seen Terms of Service agreements shorter than his average post.

I keep trying to entertain some of the more...spirited...posts, but there's almost no merit. Heck, the longer-winded stuff that does have images is usually just an image dump of tiny gifs from old promo material from two years back (or stealing other people's images unattributed). I wish it was more about posting original images/videos. "Show, don't tell" and all that.

That should be the fun of it.

xrnzaaas

Just played the opening showcase and I was amazed. Game looks incredible on Xbox One, PG are wizards. I chose the Nissan 00 Silvia for my first car. Am I already dead?

The game has 350+ cars. Even if you get one that you find slow or hard to drive you can very easily switch to a different one. It's not a long-term commitment like in other racing games with (very) expensive cars and limited lineup.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That last showcase lmao.

I feel like a few of them could have been switched up.

The Train one or the Boats should have been last.

Nah, that car is pretty finely tuned and the races are always in the same class and car type (For example: If you have a Class B Hot Hatchback, you'll be with other class B Hot Hatchbacks), so you'll never really be outclassed.

Patrick S.

Banned

Oh, so you are a griefer. Well, screw you.

Top Bottom