• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Klocker

Can anyone tell me if I delete my save on Xbox and start over will my forza reward cars still show up as gifts when I start a new game?

Also I assume I will get regifted by VIP cars and such as well?

Anyone?

Also the auction hose is all over the place right now... yesterday I sold three HE cars all went for $400-$500k no more bids... today HE cars are going between $400k and 1.1 million.. WTH people. Lol

Can anyone tell me if I delete my save on Xbox and start over will my forza reward cars still show up as gifts when I start a new game?

Also I assume I will get regifted by VIP cars and such as well?

No idea, but if you have VIP and an Xbox, you can test this with a dummy account. I really wouldn't count on Forza Rewards, though.

Can you not mod the Horizon edition cars? I have the Subaru BRZ and it has terrible handling at S class. When I tried to drop it to A class it looks like it removes the HE perk.

Also, I thought there was a way to buy tuning setups from good tuners on the AH. I have no idea how to tune properly and I can't find where to buy them at.

The F-150 Raptor 2017 race truck is a freaking beast.

Isn't the Subaru BRZ A class by default?

At any rate, the H.E. perk persists whatever you do (at least with moving up a class, but I don't think you can move down from base.)

Also, you can download (not buy as far as I know) tunes through the Setup Manager option.

Patrick S.

Banned
Anyone?

Also the auction hose is all over the place right now... yesterday I sold three HE cars all went for $400-$500k no more bids... today HE cars are going between $400k and 1.1 million.. WTH people. Lol

I got a new model Audi R8 and a Lancia 037 for 30k each today, can't complain :)

I did overpay for a classic Challenger, at around 80k. I've had that car as possible prize in those spin thingies but never won one of them.

Also, I hate how many people waste my time by driving up the bids for ages and then just buyout when they get bored :( Honestly ,that almost feels like griefing or trolling to me.

blackflag

No idea, but if you have VIP and an Xbox, you can test this with a dummy account. I really wouldn't count on Forza Rewards, though.

Isn't the Subaru BRZ A class by default?

At any rate, the H.E. perk persists whatever you do (at least with moving up a class, but I don't think you can move down from base.)

Also, you can download (not buy as far as I know) tunes through the Setup Manager option.

I'm pretty sure it is S class but maybe someone modded it before putting it on the AH. I'll try that though, thanks

I'm pretty sure it is S class but maybe someone modded it before putting it on the AH. I'll try that though, thanks

You can go into the garage and reset it to find out for sure.

People sell cars on the AH at higher classes with upgrades included to increase their value.

eek5

Anyone?

Anything that shows up in the mail most likely won't be sent again.

AH is all about timing and luck. If you get two people that are stubborn bidding against each other the price can skyrocket.

What does being in a convoy actually get you (other than the option to do convoy races)? The game implied there's benefits, but I'm getting really sick of having a large skill chain ruined when I'm slowing down to cash it in and having a convoy member ram me in the back.

Fitts

I kept trying to bid on stuff at the AH and was getting an error. I then Googled and apparently it's because they're DLC cars?

Lol fuck that shit. If I can't bid on them then don't show them to me. The DLC model is one of the reasons why I wasn't willing to gamble on this game at full price. Between the game telling me to spend more money, persistent annoyances like the awful menus, and a PC port with glaring performance issues I'm glad I didn't drop more than $20 on it. (but wish I had spent even less in hindsight)

ElyrionX

What is the best AI setting to play at?

I play at one of the higher setting (Expert, I think) and it's always a giant uphill battle every race. The AI peels away at the start and they run perfect lines most of the time. Default number of laps for some events are grossly insufficient to fight through all the traffic and get podium. The only real way to gain on the AI cars is when the braking line severely underestimates the speed at which a bend can be taken.

eek5

I kept trying to bid on stuff at the AH and was getting an error. I then Googled and apparently it's because they're DLC cars?

Lol fuck that shit. If I can't bid on them then don't show them to me. The DLC model is one of the reasons why I wasn't willing to gamble on this game at full price. Between the game telling me to spend more money, persistent annoyances like the awful menus, and a PC port with glaring performance issues I'm glad I didn't drop more than $20 on it. (but wish I had spent even less in hindsight)

The real dick move would be to let you win it but have it locked in your garage lol!

terrible

Banned

I play at one of the higher setting (Expert, I think) and it's always a giant uphill battle every race. The AI peels away at the start and they run perfect lines most of the time. Default number of laps for some events are grossly insufficient to fight through all the traffic and get podium. The only real way to gain on the AI cars is when the braking line severely underestimates the speed at which a bend can be taken.

Depends entirely on the car and class really. On A class for example just about any older car tuned for 800+ horsepower with AWD will blow away the AI on the line and make for a pretty easy race.

I believe Convoys raise your max score multiplier. They also seem to wrack up points faster in general.

If you go for the higher difficulty settings I recommend you download a good upgrade setup. Most of them give you higher acceleration, and that's a huge help in erasing that early lead.

I've been playing the second highest difficulty level, whatever it's called, and it really forces you to pick your car and its upgrades well. On lower difficulties I never had to worry about that, I could drive very messy and get away with it.

I haven't switched to manual shifting yet, but that would probably help enormously too. That's my next step.

Hawk269

Been out of town for a days...my Xbox One version of FH3 had an update, anyone have patch notes for what improvements were made?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can I just ignore all these Blueprint challenges spread across the map(re: 100%)? I tried one and meh...don't feel like building anymore custom challenges. Just talking about the ones with actual icons on the map that seem to be all over.

Fox Mulder

Who designed the stupid auction house in this game? I see an auction that's supposed to run for one more minute, enter to bet, and the remaining time will alternate between "1 minute remaining" and "ending soon" for like ten minutes. Seriously, wtf? Is it so hard to display a fucking counter with the exact time left on the auction?

It's stupid and the auction extends after every bid. Was like that since forza mototsports 2.

Montresor

Can I just ignore all these Blueprint challenges spread across the map(re: 100%)? I tried one and meh...don't feel like building anymore custom challenges. Just talking about the ones with actual icons on the map that seem to be all over.

Yes you can ignore them.

There is only one achievement tied to them - an achievement for playing 10 custom bucket list blueprints from your friends. Otherwise they have no impact on progression.

Blueprints are great for the exhibitions and championships though - I love those. I assume you're not talking about the race routes / exhibitions / championships.

Why does FH3 never has the fast boot up that other xbox games have where you can jump right back in at the same point after turning it off? It always wants a full start up again after I turn it off.

You need to add yourself to the spreadsheet so we know who to allow in; quote this post and look in the email tags for a link to it and enter your info.

Thanks! I added my details to the bottom of the list. Do I need to message anyone now or just request to join again?

stn

This game is fantastic. Its just so much fun to play, I'm going to eventually go back and purchase FH2 since I missed out on it. Forza is far and away the best racing franchise, I don't even think its close at this point.

This game is fantastic. Its just so much fun to play, I'm going to eventually go back and purchase FH2 since I missed out on it. Forza is far and away the best racing franchise, I don't even think its close at this point.

Don't worry, in 4-5 years when they maybe release GT, you'll eat your words. Or not.

Spasm

Anyone else that pre-ordered from the MS Store still waiting for the $10 code and preorder car?
Was the car the Merc, or the Mustang? I got one of each. Still waiting on the $10 code. That's going straight to Mick Gordon, so I can have Doom music while racing. Lord help you all.

h3ro

Was the car the Merc, or the Mustang? I got one of each. Still waiting on the $10 code. That's going straight to Mick Gordon, so I can have Doom music while racing. Lord help you all.

I believe it was the Mustang. Never got a code for that nor the $10 bonus. Want to put that $10 towards Gears.

Annoyed personally. I HATE timed challenges. They are one of the worst things added to the Xbox achievement system.

They are easy to ignore. But I can't think of any advantage they offer...

Well, not yet maybe, but the unicorns are coming.

I know it's not great for a game you're ambivalent about, but for Forza, it's pretty cool.

There's a Free Mustang? 10$?

If you pre ordered from the MS store digital/physical they had a promotion where you got $10 back and a gt350 mustang.

I got my mustang code last week and checking the email it says we will get the $10 within 10 business days after release.

Bravoexo

If you pre ordered from the MS store digital/physical they had a promotion where you got $10 back and a gt350 mustang.

I got my mustang code last week and checking the email it says we will get the $10 within 10 business days after release.

I got the merc... But haven't seen anything about the rest. Is that region specific?

Noobcraft

Are you an Xbox rewards member? If so, you aren't getting $10 back from the MS store, you're getting $15 in rewards points instead I think.

terrible

Banned
I was driving around as King in online adventure thinking I was pulling off some amazing evasive maneuvers in my Isetta only to look behind after like 2 minutes of nobody catching me to see that nobody was even chasing me.

Lol.

GHG

Night time, around 9 Eastern.

I've seen some HE cars go for about 900K+.

Yep if I put my cars up while 'murica is awake then my HE cars easily go for 1+ million. Any other time and its around the 500k mark.

If I buy in the morning my time and sell last thing at night I can make a pretty profit daily with minimal effort.

Lunar FC

So I guess I unlocked the groove music thing, but since I'm not using that it's just showing an error and not playing anything else. Anybody know how to fix this?

Edit: JUST figured it out. Game running a billion times better after the update.

Footos22

That bucket list where you have to forge your own path to the city in that audi. dodging trees by mm and still only getting to the finish with literally split seconds to spare

It basically made me go this "game is alright" to "holy shit I cant stop playing."

So much fun.

About time xbox put a game that held my interest and gears next week too. give me a chance to play this first you horrible people. 12 hour shifts doesn't fit around your release schedule. :(

Pons

Neo Member
Am I doing things right with this Forzathon thing? You can earn various horns by using D class cars in various online games and online adventures, but whenever I join an online adventure, it has been S cars or A or B1 or even C but never D. I saw the custom online adventure thing but it doesn't allow you to do a certain class of car.

Done multiple online adventures and no D class races or games yet : ( How am I going to get this done in two days :(

As I'm playing more and more, this HAS to be the best racing game ever created by the hand of man. 50+ hours and only scratching the surface.

Top Bottom