• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

RaZoR No1

Nice! Today I learned that I can change the account on my laptop, so my so can play on pc and I can play on Xbox.
I just had to login into the xbox app with a different account :D

Online experience has been the same between PC and Xbox as far as I can tell, and I've played a lot of both.

Netcode also seems fine to me. I've had issues here and there (like getting kicked) but it's been great otherwise.

jesu

Online experience has been the same between PC and Xbox as far as I can tell, and I've played a lot of both.

Netcode also seems fine to me. I've had issues here and there (like getting kicked) but it's been great otherwise.

I've been disconnected once out of 59 online races, not to bad I reckon.

Strange thing just happened to me during a Goliath race. I set it to two laps and dropped the Drivatar difficulty to Highly Skilled so it would be a relative cakewalk. For some reason, one car kept right behind me the entire race. Then, halfway through the second lap, I ended up seeing cars in front of me, which was odd since I was in first place. I ended up realizing that I was getting ready to lap the entire field, except for the one car still 2-3 seconds behind be in second place. When I finished, I had lapped all the way up through 6th place and could see 5th-3rd in front of me.
y3mFcLB1emI4iYgw2MU_cZLQMQ_ggmI0X-uewroSj-q0WGFnfG0KSRS0KgDlMLOqH4ss-jQLIjJaqVofNrdRada1iRwLpmBRjEUAo6NHNeslA7bpa-ZTIfjxwC7DhjiUTYqgQXN_mH70NBt7YRVJaqUhBhn2OtJpdMqY9sm4XVY16Q

Am I crazy, or is there no supercharger audio in this game?

Of the cars I've tried, the Vantage V600, F-Type and, (most regrettably), the Hellcat are all mute on that front.

Montresor

I was initially annoyed at #Forzathon because I hate timed challenges but goodness me, the in-game integration is phenomenal. Radio DJs are pimping Forzathon, and the main menu has detailed info on each challenge. So good. And you get actual good rewards (car horns).

xam3l

Important question here:
Where did the crocs and kangurus went? I mean, since the first two races in the game, i've never encounter any kind of fauna. Oo

jesu

Strange thing just happened to me during a Goliath race. I set it to two laps and dropped the Drivatar difficulty to Highly Skilled so it would be a relative cakewalk. For some reason, one car kept right behind me the entire race. Then, halfway through the second lap, I ended up seeing cars in front of me, which was odd since I was in first place. I ended up realizing that I was getting ready to lap the entire field, except for the one car still 2-3 seconds behind be in second place. When I finished, I had lapped all the way up through 6th place and could see 5th-3rd in front of me.
y3mFcLB1emI4iYgw2MU_cZLQMQ_ggmI0X-uewroSj-q0WGFnfG0KSRS0KgDlMLOqH4ss-jQLIjJaqVofNrdRada1iRwLpmBRjEUAo6NHNeslA7bpa-ZTIfjxwC7DhjiUTYqgQXN_mH70NBt7YRVJaqUhBhn2OtJpdMqY9sm4XVY16Q

Makes me laugh to remember some guy from last weekend said the AI never makes mistakes!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sir Funkified/screenshot/4940701

They lost it there!

terrible

Banned
Are the servers a bit wonky right now for online adventure play or am I just experiencing one of the many PC exclusive bugs? Every time I try to join a game nothing happens.

Kumubou

Are the servers a bit wonky right now for online adventure play or am I just experiencing one of the many PC exclusive bugs? Every time I try to join a game nothing happens.
The online modes shit themselves if you have multiple network interfaces set up. I know have VMs set up on this machine and I have to disable the virtual ethernet adapters they create in order to play online. Otherwise it just tries to connect to a match and just drops off the second it actually finds a game (with no error or anything even acknowledging what just happened -- it acts like you just canceled out of matchmaking).

terrible

Banned
The online modes shit themselves if you have multiple network interfaces set up. I know have VMs set up on this machine and I have to disable the virtual ethernet adapters they create in order to play online. Otherwise it just tries to connect to a match and just drops off the second it actually finds a game (with no error or anything even acknowledging what just happened -- it acts like you just canceled out of matchmaking).

I have a pretty basic setup so in my case I don't think it's that. Someone else in the PC performance thread seems to also be having issues right now so maybe (hopefully?) it's just the servers themselves.

rrs

online is just supercar bumper cars, however since XP is how you win:
CuN6EaCWcAEyroG.jpg:orig

also if any devs read this: add an option to replace XP references with kudos

Hip Hop

So, anyone have problems with more than 3 people playing together, and getting kicked?

If it's only 2 of us, we are playing fine.

As soon as one other joins, one of us gets kicked.

Even if we aren't in a group, in kicks one of us. It somehow knows us 3 are playing together and one has to get kicked.

Since launch, we haven't be able to play on PC like this.

Helios pls.

How do you completely grey out a event on the map? Sometimes even if I finished one in a championship, they still show up on the map as if not.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How do you completely grey out a event on the map? Sometimes even if I finished one in a championship, they still show up on the map as if not.

You have to do the championship and exhibition at each location, not just the route in a championship.

I can't tell if my request to join GAF's club works or not. I press request but it doesn't say anything and lets me request again right away. So err, sorry if you got like 20 requests from me. I added my name to the doc but I have no idea if it's sending properly or not. It gives no indication.

Important question here:
Where did the crocs and kangurus went? I mean, since the first two races in the game, i've never encounter any kind of fauna. Oo
Wondered the same thing. My guess is they aren't really in the game to prevent players from attempting to run them over. That kind of violence would probably give the game a T rating.

Caayn

Drivatars do have weird things going on during races but that's messed up.
Crocodile roadside assistance.

Pakoe

Where was the spreadsheat? Quoting OP doesn't reveal this.
I need to get deleted, so someone else can take my place.
I also need to be removed in-game.

Bucket list challenges are pretty consistently awful. It's like nobody playtested them.

Fifteen second unskippable intro on every new attempt? Check. The one in the Nissan R390 even starts on a slow dirt trail to make restarting even more annoying. I beat the target jump by over 100 metres and somehow didn't pass because ???

Lucky I got a Lexus LFA from the wheelspin afterwards or I would have taken a break from this game.

saladine1

Both; I can't hear anything in hood cam, either.

helios pls

Yep, when upgrading to roots style supercharger, it seems the whine is just not there on many cars...

Also, I was expecting the exhaust upgrade to have a significant effect on how the car would sound. As it stands, it's a subtle audio upgrade at best.

For me, NFS has the most authentic 'upgraded exhaust sound' out there. Wish Turn 10 could find a way to apply that raw,visceral,raspy sound you get with a straight through exhaust, gutted mufflers, glass-packs..etc

Real life stock vs aftermarket
C6 Corvette
BMW M4

jesu

Where was the spreadsheat? Quoting OP doesn't reveal this.
I need to get deleted, so someone else can take my place.
I also need to be removed in-game.

I think you can just go to the in game club section and choose quit club.

Ruruja

Bucket list challenges are pretty consistently awful. It's like nobody playtested them.

Fifteen second unskippable intro on every new attempt? Check. The one in the Nissan R390 even starts on a slow dirt trail to make restarting even more annoying. I beat the target jump by over 100 metres and somehow didn't pass because ???

Lucky I got a Lexus LFA from the wheelspin afterwards or I would have taken a break from this game.

You can rewind during the event too.

For example, rewind to a bit before the jump and keep trying until you get a good launch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If someone is online now and feels like throwing me a bone by buying my Reliant vans for 4k each, my GT is firehawk1234.

Thanks!

Top Bottom