• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

shandy706

screenshot-originalour7m.png

I have a 970 / i5-3570k. Should I pick up the game? Been waiting for a week or so and really want it, but also want decent performance.

i have a 970 / i5-4690k and get decent performance. Though I do get occasional stuttering, it's no worse than what's been reported on higher-end rigs

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh fuck, I guess custom tunes uploaded for other people to use are separated between Xbox One and PC. Each platform can't see the others. No wonder I couldn't find Don Joewon Song's tunes.

DarkestHour

Banned
Bleh. Can't get my horns for Forzathon because I either don't get in an online game that is A or S1 class and when I do I more often than not get kicked out due to the current PC online multiplayer issues.

Falchion

Just watched the credits roll after the final showcase. Still have so much to do in this game but it's been an absolute blast so far.

Noobcraft

Bleh. Can't get my horns for Forzathon because I either don't get in an online game that is A or S1 class and when I do I more often than not get kicked out due to the current PC online multiplayer issues.
Do online freeroam, not adventure. Then go to a spot with infection/flag events and hope someone else in the lobby wants to do one. If it's a 1v1 infection you can get the horn in like 2 minutes.

Do online freeroam, not adventure. Then go to a spot with infection/flag events and hope someone else in the lobby wants to do one. If it's a 1v1 infection you can get the horn in like 2 minutes.

Also upgrade some D-class cars to C, B, A, and S1 if you're feeling ambitious. Those all still count.

I got my Forzathon challenges done by going to Custom Online Adventure, which before I didn't even realize was an option. Pretty handy.

DarkestHour

Banned

Will do, thanks for the advice. My first Horizon game and the game doesn't really explain much.

Hip Hop

So can anyone help me figure out as to what is happening? On PC.

Me and my friends can all play solo online fine.

2 of us can play together online fine, any combination of us 3.
2 at a time.

When all 3 of us join a lobby together, whether in a Group or not, one of us has to get kicked. The online session errors out randomly on one of us.

We don't have the same internet companies or live together.

PatzCU

I have a 970 / i5-3570k. Should I pick up the game? Been waiting for a week or so and really want it, but also want decent performance.

I'm running this on HIGH settings at 30fps locked with a 970 / i5-4670 and 8GB RAM.

Sounds like YMMV because others with similar or better setups have had really poor performance. Personally, I just let the game pick the settings for me and keep it at the 30fps lock. The visuals have been more than enough for me! Although I think xbone might have a better photo mode...

Daffy Duck

Does anyone else have problems with the auction house when you bid it just says bid failed and keep just having to whack a until it works?

Lego Boss

Is the Ultimate edition worth it?

I never buy UEs, but l'm glad l did with this one. It does give the car pack and you've missed early access, but it's the Brucie Bonus on the wheel spins (2x bonus) which is really worthwhile.

I also did it to support one if my fave developers, but that's personal preference.

Is joining the GAF club worthwhile if I only have Live Silver? Wouldn't want to take up a spot that someone else might get more use out of than I.

Is joining the GAF club worthwhile if I only have Live Silver? Wouldn't want to take up a spot that someone else might get more use out of than I.

Yes, I think so. The XP you earn still counts for the club afaik, and being in the club will influence what Drivatars you get for races and your lineup.

I am really getting hacked off at the way the online adventures work. I'm trying to get into a Game session with a car that has started off as a D Class and all I can manage is bloody S1/S2 sessions.

Why in the hell can't I just rock up into a session matched to the class of car I'm currently driving? I just want to complete the current Forzathon but I'm not even bloody close......

MouldyK

I am really getting hacked off at the way the online adventures work. I'm trying to get into a Game session with a car that has started off as a D Class and all I can manage is bloody S1/S2 sessions.

Why in the hell can't I just rock up into a session matched to the class of car I'm currently driving? I just want to complete the current Forzathon but I'm not even bloody close......

Same problem and even in Online Freeroam...no-one wants to join my D-Class Games...

Guess i'm not getting Horns this time.

Make three tunes of the car or have three separate cars. One that goes for A, S1, and S2, since those are all the classes the games will appear for.

I wish this game would stop forcing shitty offroad crap onto me. Driving a rwd supercar on dirt with wonky ass physics is nobody's idea of fun.

Since the PC version won't even run for me, and I don't have an Xbox One, are there any other big racing games coming out soon? I was really looking forward to Horizon and I really need something to scratch that itch!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Okay so just unlocked the Groove Music section of the game, dont have it or use it so declined the free trial now I just have

'Groove Music ' A playback error has occurred if the problem persists check you network'

In the middle left of the screen all the time.

How do I get rid of this message, it is getting in the way?

EDIT: Sorted it, what a fool I am, just change the channel!!!

kudoboi

Anyone else slightly disappointed that some cars didn't make it into the game? I was hoping to see BMW i8 and Bugatti chiron

Anyone else slightly disappointed that some cars didn't make it into the game? I was hoping to see BMW i8 and Bugatti chiron

Yeah I was too. I'm happy that my favorite cars of all time are in (M3, M4, M5) but saddened that the i8, Porsche (damn EA license) and others are not available. It'll either come through DLC or not at all :/

GHG

I wish this game would stop forcing shitty offroad crap onto me. Driving a rwd supercar on dirt with wonky ass physics is nobody's idea of fun.

I agree but you don't have to do them to be honest. I got to the final showcase and only ended up doing one of the very first races off-road at Byron Bay. The rest of them I've just left unfinished on my map and I have very little desire to ever do them.

Added myself to the spreadsheet and sent a join request to the club.

Couple of (probably already answered) questions:

1. Is there an option so that the game shows manufacturer's colors first instead of community designs?

2. Can you disable all the camera whooshes when you buy a car?

LQX

I think I just had the most amazing moment I have ever had in a video game. That boat race with the monster truck....WOW.

terrible

Banned

There are definitely some disappointing omissions but at the same time licensing these cars is pretty complicated so I understand it. There are a lot of cars from the previous games that I'd like to see too. A couple concepts in the Mazda Furai and Saleen S5S Raptor and then the glorious Lamborghini Sesto Elemento are especially missed by me. Heck I wouldn't mind having the SSC Ultimate Aero back too, that thing was terrifyingly hard to drive.

Top Bottom