• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

PC port technical hurdles notwithstanding, this is unquestionably my GOTY so far. Will hook up a G27 later today for extra GOTYness.

Is it just me, or does this game look ridiculously good? On PC with everything on Ultra, it looks a generation ahead of anything I've seen this gen. The feeling of sheer scale, at that visual quality and mostly smooth 60 FPS, is just unbelievable. From what I've seen, even on XO it looks impossibly good while keeping up decent performance.

Playing on a muddy/swampy area of the rocky desert with buggies was an eye-opening experience yesterday. Simply sublime.

Peterthumpa

I absolutely love the game and I've been playing offline for the past 5 days, and finally tried online games today. What the hell? It's a lag fest. Online cars drive erratically through the roads, sometimes they're transparent and can't hit me, sometimes they can (in the same event or driving to an event), the FPS goes down below 30 FPS (I locked my game at 30 and it's buttery smooth offline).

Is anyone having one or more of these issues?

Why does the AMG GTS have more performance points than the more powerful, more expensive SLS? Kinda disappointing that one of the most exciting cars in the game is so outclassed where they've put it.

I've only got the Ford GT HE, but it's a goodie I guess. Having terrible luck with wheelspins today. Those 2k credits were not worth the 10 skill points, lol.

GHG

Why does the AMG GTS have more performance points than the more powerful, more expensive SLS? Kinda disappointing that one of the most exciting cars in the game is so outclassed where they've put it.

I've only got the Ford GT HE, but it's a goodie I guess. Having terrible luck with wheelspins today. Those 2k credits were not worth the 10 skill points, lol.

Because it's an overall better car. It's better in braking scenarios, handles better and is an all round more balanced car.

stn

This game is amazing. About 13% done and having a blast racing S2 cars. Though I still haven't gotten a single HE car from a spin.

Dave_6

I've gotten the HE Huracan, the Jaguar and the Boss 429. I've seen the BRZ and the GT-R pop up on the Wheelspins numerous times but I've yet to get either one.

So once I race the Goliath, I can't race it again? I also had two blueprints pop up that a couple friends had made and now that I've raced them they have disappeared. Guess I should just keep making my own over and over?

I've gotten the HE Huracan, the Jaguar and the Boss 429. I've seen the BRZ and the GT-R pop up on the Wheelspins numerous times but I've yet to get either one.

So once I race the Goliath, I can't race it again? I also had two blueprints pop up that a couple friends had made and now that I've raced them they have disappeared. Guess I should just keep making my own over and over?

You can race the Goliath as many times as you want.

Also, I don't think friend blueprints disappear because you race them, but I have noticed some weird behavior with blueprints being there sometimes and not others.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yeah, you can race the Goliath any time, you'l l just have to make a blueprint. It'll save yours unless you want to change the settings. I've never experienced anyone's blueprints disappearing, or I just haven't noticed.

I think I have about half of the HE Cars now. I just won the GT-R.

So I have the :

BRZ
Hurrican
GT-R
Mustang Boss
M4
Ford GT
Jaguar F-Type.

Dave_6

Ah okay, thanks. Maybe mine was just having that issue with them not showing up. I need to make one of my own and give it a go.

^Forgot that I also have the HE M4.

Nitemare1

couple of things im worried about.
Even though ive upgraded it to level 5 the byron bay festival always says
"collect loyalty cars" next to the x button prompt. it doesnt go away and say enter festival.

Also. i got the second last barn find and before its ready ive also go the last one.
is this normal. does it take a long time for the last two barn finds to get restored?

"collect loyalty cars" next to the x button prompt. it doesnt go away and say enter festival.

Also. i got the second last barn find and before its ready ive also go the last one.
is this normal. does it take a long time for the last two barn finds to get restored?

Not sure about why collect loyalty cars didn't go away. Did you get them?

As for the barn finds, yes the last couple take a long time compared to the rest.

Daffy Duck

I have that exact same issue with loyalty cars!

I scrolled through the entire autoshow list one by one to make sure no cars where there to claim, and there were none.

EYEL1NER

I finally downloaded that Google Sheets app only to still not be able to figure out how to edit the spreadsheet to add my info to it. Is it just impossible to do from iOS Safari?

EYEL1NER

Level 35 and not a single HE car so far... lol 😌
I've gotten four of them and am around level 55, but I was only that level after I skipped a dozen levels or more last night from a couple 1,000,000+ point skill song combos.
I got my first HE car, the Focus, at level 26. Last night when I started playing I was around your level and a couple hours later I was in the 50's and had two more HE cars (one from a regular soon and the other from a purchased spin).

Gestault

So, how hard is it to learn to tune cars? I feel like I should learn how to do it, but it just seems like such a time consuming process.

Just the regular upgrade choices tailored to how you drive is probably enough (power vs grip, light vs heavy, etc). In my experience, I only bother tuning when it's a vehicle I have a strong feel for already. Some things like the gear ratio can be fun though depending on the event you're pushing for. That can be as simple as prioritizing fast gearing vs higher top-speed.

Lima

So, how hard is it to learn to tune cars? I feel like I should learn how to do it, but it just seems like such a time consuming process.

That is what the awesome community is for. No need to learn it. Just download or buy tunes from the auction house. Our resident Gaffer P3tran always has some good tunes up so follow him. Raceboy is also always a good start.

Gaenor

Banned
I've seen people online rocking police roof lights !!

What is the best car to turn into a police car with those lights?

I don't have the season pass, so I don't have access to the 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

I think this might be the first game I try to get every achievement. I love this game that much. Cannot wait to see what the big DLCs will be.

Download ForzaTune6 on your phone if you actually want to learn how to tune a car.

I've been using it since FM6 and it's a fantastic tool. You get a base setup then you're encouraged to tweak that setup to your liking with guides and all that.

It does suck a little bit for FH3 because the tuning is more for the realistic physics in FM6. For example, my S1 Collin McRae Scooby STI has a very similar setup compared to my B Evo VIII and my A 4WD-converted Ariel Nomad. The only differences between the 3 are the anti-roll bars and shock rebound/stiffness settings.

That said though, it still is a fantastic app that can get you results really quickly so I highly suggest it if you want to learn how to tune a car.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

It's some dumb bug that I'm surprised wasn't patched yet. Hopefully in the next one.

The two that took the longest were the Ferrari and the Maserati. I think the Charger was the third longest. The rest of them were pretty quick compared to them.

Big Brett

Hey guys, is there a quick way to buy a car without having to go through multiple loading screens? Trying to get all my free DLC cars and it's taking eons going through the purchase process. Maybe I'm missing some menu or something

Seriously people? First people complained because you had to buy the DLC cars. Now people are complaining that it's too hard to get all the free cars?

I mean, 7 cars. Wow, that must have taken me less than 5 minutes. I just can't consider that a legitimate complaint.

KRaZyAmmo

Hey guys, is there a quick way to buy a car without having to go through multiple loading screens? Trying to get all my free DLC cars and it's taking eons going through the purchase process. Maybe I'm missing some menu or something
No you have to go through multiple loading ti get all the dlc cars. I know because i got all the cars in my garage.

Krakatoa

Seriously people? First people complained because you had to buy the DLC cars. Now people are complaining that it's too hard to get all the free cars?

I mean, 7 cars. Wow, that must have taken me less than 5 minutes. I just can't consider that a legitimate complaint.

It was more than 7 cars if you get the ultimate edition......

Big Brett

Relax I am not really complaining, just wondering if I was missing something.

It was more than 7 cars if you get the ultimate edition......

Okay, that's fair. But I still find it an odd complaint since it's a one time thing you have to do for new cars.

It just feels like an crazy nitpick.

Relax I am not really complaining, just wondering if I was missing something.

Sorry man, that wasn't meant for you. You just had the bad timing to post while I was typing my response. Lol

terrible

Banned
I can't picture it'd be that hard to make an "add all free cars to garage" button. Overall it's a minor complaint but they've had so long to fix this annoyance so it's kind of funny that we still have to buy everything manually one by one.

I can't picture it'd be that hard to make an "add all free cars to garage" button. Overall it's a minor complaint but they've had so long to fix this annoyance so it's kind of funny that we still have to buy everything manually one by one.

Hey, it's better than FM5 where you had to buy the car with in game currency as well.

louiedog

Speaking of the DLC cars, is there any sort of icon or indication in the auction house when a car is only available via DLC? Or models that are already in your garage (regardless of tune)?

I find the auction browsing and bidding process extremely slow and it's annoying when I run into cars that I don't realize are part of the DLC packs.

Raven77

Is it just the first few starter cars or are the cars in this game really floaty? I feel like the analog stick has a huge dead zone where my cars don't start to turn unless i'm smacking them into the sides. This leads to me constantly swerving all over the road. I've only used 3-4 cars so far but it's pretty awful and not very fun.

Bravoexo

I just skip the Designs and just go for manufacturer colors... fast get on the free / dlc cars. On Xbox One, saving each one takes a long time from over here in South East Asia for some reason... ugh.. had to do it all in PC

Speaking of the DLC cars, is there any sort of icon or indication in the auction house when a car is only available via DLC? Or models that are already in your garage (regardless of tune)?

Yes. Cars in your garage have a garage icon. Cars that are from DLC have a rectangle-with-a-downward-pointing-arrow icon.

Edit: nm just reread your post... nope not in the auction house, which should be added.

terrible

Banned
Hey, it's better than FM5 where you had to buy the car with in game currency as well.

Definitely. Pretty sure in Forza 4 I didn't even pick up some of the DLC cars I bought because I didn't have enough in-game cash.

Is it just the first few starter cars or are the cars in this game really floaty? I feel like the analog stick has a huge dead zone where my cars don't start to turn unless i'm smacking them into the sides. This leads to me constantly swerving all over the road. I've only used 3-4 cars so far but it's pretty awful and not very fun.

Make sure in the advanced controls you set the inside deadzones to 0 and outside to 100.

Top Bottom