• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

rrs

Is it just the first few starter cars or are the cars in this game really floaty? I feel like the analog stick has a huge dead zone where my cars don't start to turn unless i'm smacking them into the sides. This leads to me constantly swerving all over the road. I've only used 3-4 cars so far but it's pretty awful and not very fun.
Yeah, the deadzone is quite large by default. Head into the options and you can make it smaller

Gestault

BOIfgOy.gif

They love each other very much.

0racle

heh....

I forgot to mention when I first got the game and was going through the tutorial my "double XP skill song" lesson was glitched. No music played, showed a timer of 0 and stayed that way....forever....

I maxed my skills then did an event and everything was fine again.

Raven77

Definitely. Pretty sure in Forza 4 I didn't even pick up some of the DLC cars I bought because I didn't have enough in-game cash.

Make sure in the advanced controls you set the inside deadzones to 0 and outside to 100.

My God, how did I miss this!!!

Thanks guys, it's a whole new game!

U2NUMB

Something odd happened to a friend of mine this last week. She was rocking the designs in Horizon 3 and ended up being featured on the dash for her work in Horizon 3 designs.

She has a perfectly normal gamertag and has had it for over a decade. She logged on a few days ago to a message that her tag had been flagged and was being forced to change it.

I am 100% convinced this happened because she was featured not only in Horizon 3 but on the X1 dash.. the MS put her name on the main dashboard which was not offensive at all and yet the system flagged her name due no doubt to punks reporting her tag via the design page out of anger or just the fact that she is a girl gamer.

Anyways... when MS says they vet every complaint before action they are full of shit.. I feel bad for her but this certainly exposes an issue not only in Horizon 3 but the dash and reporting features themselves. Anyways.. be careful if you are good at creating art in the game, if you get real popular you might be rewarded with a free forced name change..

JP

Was just playing and got signed up to a trial of Groove Music or some such thing that I've never heard of. Is this a free service? How do I opt out of it?

KRaZyAmmo

Was just playing and got signed up to a trial of Groove Music or some such thing that I've never heard of. Is this a free service? How do I opt out of it?

This is a paid subscription, not a paid service. I don't know how to opt out of it as I denied it when gave me the free trials for Groove Music.

terrible

Banned
Something odd happened to a friend of mine this last week. She was rocking the designs in Horizon 3 and ended up being featured on the dash for her work in Horizon 3 designs.

She has a perfectly normal gamertag and has had it for over a decade. She logged on a few days ago to a message that her tag had been flagged and was being forced to change it.

I am 100% convinced this happened because she was featured not only in Horizon 3 but on the X1 dash.. the MS put her name on the main dashboard which was not offensive at all and yet the system flagged her name due no doubt to punks reporting her tag via the design page out of anger or just the fact that she is a girl gamer.

Anyways... when MS says they vet every complaint before action they are full of shit.. I feel bad for her but this certainly exposes an issue not only in Horizon 3 but the dash and reporting features themselves. Anyways.. be careful if you are good at creating art in the game, if you get real popular you might be rewarded with a free forced name change..

That's pretty messed up. I hope Helios reads this and can get someone to look into it because that's not right.

Klocker

I can't picture it'd be that hard to make an "add all free cars to garage" button. Overall it's a minor complaint but they've had so long to fix this annoyance so it's kind of funny that we still have to buy everything manually one by one.

I actually don't want all the free cars at once but I would like an option to do though is make any DLC cars barn finds in the future so when we get them if we want we can go out in the world and hunt them down haha

Nitemare1

It's some dumb bug that I'm surprised wasn't patched yet. Hopefully in the next one.

The two that took the longest were the Ferrari and the Maserati. I think the Charger was the third longest. The rest of them were pretty quick compared to them.

Awesome, thanks. I was afraid something was borked.

OmegaDL50

I've been going online looking for games with other GAF members doing races and stuff, despite being ranked 180 or so in the list of members it says I'm "Inactive"

Had an awesome skill session before I went to work this morning too. I maxed out the Ford Crown Victoria to S1 Class but changed the drivetrain to 4WD and put on Rally Tires and Suspension and was just doing drifts, donuts, and just running over a bunch of fences, bushes on a bumpy field which gave good air.

Got my score to about 28,000 with a 10 times multiplier. Kind of now want to my mod my Horizon Edition GT-R and do the same thing near the Gold Mine just to get a huge combo.

I've been going online looking for games with other GAF members doing races and stuff, despite being ranked 180 or so in the list of members it says I'm "Inactive"

Club XP for the week reset today, so everyone's inactive until they reach enough XP for the next tier.

Daffy Duck

Do the perks that have numbers under them allow you to keep buying them when they run out?

Specifically the earn triple skills from next three campaign races?

Fox Mulder

Hey guys, is there a quick way to buy a car without having to go through multiple loading screens? Trying to get all my free DLC cars and it's taking eons going through the purchase process. Maybe I'm missing some menu or something

Nope.

Theyve had the same shitty thing for years now to where it must be deliberate.

Rflagg

I now have the jag project seven and mustang 302 as bonus xp cars which is great, but it makes it hard to use other cars and has me making a ton of custom championships/races.

Momentary

Banned
Yeah I was too. I'm happy that my favorite cars of all time are in (M3, M4, M5) but saddened that the i8, Porsche (damn EA license) and others are not available. It'll either come through DLC or not at all :/

EA doesn't have exclusivity rights with Porsche anymore. Assetto Corsa will have Porsche DLC soon and Project CARS 2 will have them as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Porsche DLC in this game later on.

Just switched over to an Xbox One controller for windows. Man, that thing was made for racing. This game plays twice as well with it.

The auction house is a bit nonsense, isn't it? I was in a bidding war for a Ferrari F12 all the way up to 170k, then I gave up, bid 60k on another one 2 minutes later and won it. lol.

KRaZyAmmo

Just switched over to an Xbox One controller for windows. Man, that thing was made for racing. This game plays twice as well with it.

The auction house is a bit nonsense, isn't it? I was in a bidding war for a Ferrari F12 all the way up to 170k, then I gave up, bid 60k on another one 2 minutes later and won it. lol.

yeah i tried bidding on some Warthog and I was giving up most of the time. Is there a timing to this to win an actual car?

terrible

Banned
Scroll down the list a bit and bid on ones with no bids. You can steal cars for cheap that way. Don't even bother getting into a bidding war, people go bid crazy for some reason. If you have the money for it just make multiple bids like that and if you accidentally win multiple cars just sell the extras. I end up with the car I want for cheap and then sometimes a little profit on top after I sell the extra cars I win lol.

eek5

People will get tunnel vision real fast especially since the interface for placing another bid is so quick (LT and then just bid) so I generally avoid bid wars if I can.

Look for auctions with no bidders. Usually that's where the value is.

jacobeid

Banned
My buddy just had a syncing issue between the PC and XB1 version and he lost all of his progress as it brought him back to the end of the tutorial. It seems like his 20+ hour save is gone.

What the fuck. How can a game be so good and so fucking bad at the same time.

deoee

Did the same and the rumble in the triggers is a nice touch :eek:

Is there a definitive place to check out all the paint jobs and vinyls people have done? I'm blown away by some of the work but finding cool shit seems to hit or miss.

This is my first Horizon. My son played the hell out of FH2.

Chris R

Finally unlocked clubs.

Downloaded a nice tune for the Dodge HE car too that actually allows me to accelerate without spinning out!

Montresor

Finally got the 1000/1000 in this game. Took 70 hours to complete Forza Horizon 3 compared to 202 hours to complete Forza Horizon 2.

So this game is much, much, much better in almost every facet than Forza Horizon 2, and it has dramatically reduced the number of soulless grinding as well.

Loved it - my GOTY list so far:

1) Forza Horizon 3
2) Inside
3) The Witness
4) Quantum Break
5) The Turing Test

Gears of War 4 is incredible so far but I think it will only be good enough to knock off The Turing Test for me and grab spot #5.

Miker

So what exactly do you get for placing first in an exhibition or championship besides more money/xp/whatever? I busted my ass placing first in an event earlier today in which the AI was rubber banding like crazy, and it took me half an hour to place first. But there doesn't seem to be any indication on the world map that you won the event, nor does it really seem to matter if you finished first or twelfth.

But hey, on the last time I beat the race and finished first, I got this:
So I can't complain too much.

Cfer

Neo Member
Was hoping I could join ForzaGAF? Gamertag:cfer50

Will request when I get home tonight.

I live quite close to 'Black Spur', the winding scenic road that goes through Maroondah Rainforest. It's astonishing how well it's been depicted, right down to certain T-Intersections (specifically one that points to Woods Point) being almost 1:1 representations.

What is the advantages of joining a club or group? The game doesn't really make it clear. Or maybe i just didn't catch it?

But add me anyways.

Gamertag: Dipset99

Fox Mulder

So what exactly do you get for placing first in an exhibition or championship besides more money/xp/whatever? I busted my ass placing first in an event earlier today in which the AI was rubber banding like crazy, and it took me half an hour to place first. But there doesn't seem to be any indication on the world map that you won the event, nor does it really seem to matter if you finished first or twelfth.

It doesn't matter.

GHG

The auction house is so infuriating to use.

I always get bid failed.

It happens when everyone else is trying to bid at the same time.

I never bid on the result that appears first in the search results. Always go for the one that is 5th or further down in the list.

xrnzaaas

The auction house is so infuriating to use.

I always get bid failed.

I think it's much better now than it was right after the premiere when people were bidding and buying EVERYTHING. Yesterday I bought two cars for the starting price, because no one else participated (they were pretty niche, but still...).

By the way remember to refresh the auction as often as possible until it ends so you can quickly react if someone outbids you. There are people that will still fight for the car, but others tend to drop out quickly when they see another person is very active in the auction.

It doesn't matter.

Yeah it kinda sucks, even the achievements only require to complete the exhibitions and championships. :/

GlamFM

Banned
That feeling when you almost get a HE car, but in the very last millisecond it jumps to 2.000cr. Happened TWICE yesterday.

HATE THIS GAME!

Love this game.

It doesn't matter.

Other than the knowledge ;)

In a way, it's peculiarly old school and nouveau at the same time. The latter in that 'taking part wins prizes!' and the game just throws shit at you, the former in that, whilst losing isn't the end of the world, the only thing to make you mad is yourself. You want that win? You get that win, no carrots involved. See also arena shooters that don't throw XP at you.

It's a curious mix.

c0Zm1c

So when is the game going to let me, the boss, choose who to challenge to add to my drivatar lineup rather than Keira always doing it?

NateGrigs

Alright boys and girls of ForzaGAF, I have the spreadsheet ready! I removed all the old info, so you are going to have to re-add yourself.

Quote this post to see the link and then add in your info!

Can I get linked to the sheet?

Also, I tried to get a few races in before work this morning and noticed that I lost a few hundred thousand dollars.....is that normal? Could it have something to do with bids that I lost?

xrnzaaas

Can I get linked to the sheet?

Also, I tried to get a few races in before work this morning and noticed that I lost a few hundred thousand dollars.....is that normal? Could it have something to do with bids that I lost?

You have to collect your cash if you didn't win the auction(s).

0racle

Wait, I understand positioning in exhibitions does not matter, is this serious the case in championship? You can be dead last and it turns gold?

Top Bottom