• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. I don't even know where to start earning money for some of these cars.

Any solid suggestions for a beginner?

Play the game, do races/events as they become available, don't rush progression, just buy what you can afford and explore tuning those cars, try different things and stuff. If you rush off to unlock the coveted 'money maker' race and grind that endlessly along with spinning circles around banana fields for perk points, you're going to get bored.

Don't forget about the auction house, it's a good way to get a car you really badly want without paying 5 mil.

Spasm

It's now been 14 days since this game released, 18 if you count Ultimate Edition early access. Has anyone gotten their $10 gift cards from their MSStore.com order yet?

Are you ready to get your S14? Not that long anymore, next FORZATHON starts October 13th at 9PM UTC and ends on October 15th at 9AM UTC.

forzathon_october_03iajq7.jpg

Do we just do this in regular freeroam or do I have to be in a public server to do this?

I had the same thing happen right after I downloaded a tune. I thought I had accidentally downloaded a glitch tune but it went away eventually and reloading the tune didnt make it appear again.

Huh. Yeah, this happened after I downloaded a tune, too! And IIRC I think even the car selection screen was bugged, there was no picture of the car I was driving at the time. Weird.

rrs

Even my own tunes cause the issue of disappearing tires. As for invisible car selection, only got that when the game soft locked saving my decal set

jacobeid

Banned
Holy shit. I don't even know where to start earning money for some of these cars.

Any solid suggestions for a beginner?

Play races and just save up! Also check out the auction house....I've purchased a few $5.5 million cares for around 700k. If you see a drivatar with the CR circle around it, challenge them to a head-to-head. You'll probably get around 50k just from that.

legbone

The Spins were ON POINT last night! I usually have CRAP luck at spins.

LOL

bam, bam, bam, bam, bam..haha

Few million in cars at minimal cost.

Yeah, for me too. I won like four or five different normal cars and two horizon editions (the gtr and the 69 boss). It was crazy. I wonder if they have some way of "loosening" the slot machine. don't some games have the ability to "hot patch" or whatever it's called, where they can adjust things without a full on update?

edit: i also got the mclaren you did. it's quite nice. but the best thing i got last night was the dodge viper horizon edition in an auction. got it for well below 500k too. i think i snagged it for around 250k.

Play races and just save up! Also check out the auction house....I've purchased a few $5.5 million cares for around 700k. If you see a drivatar with the CR circle around it, challenge them to a head-to-head. You'll probably get around 50k just from that.

O_O

Had like 5 of these today but just ignored them... fuck

Hip Hop

It's now been 14 days since this game released, 18 if you count Ultimate Edition early access. Has anyone gotten their $10 gift cards from their MSStore.com order yet?
You'll probably have to chat with them.

In past deals, me and other people have had to do that to get the gift card out of it.

terrible

Banned
Even my own tunes cause the issue of disappearing tires. As for invisible car selection, only got that when the game soft locked saving my decal set

Only cars I've tuned show up as invisible in my garage. Not all of them mind you, but a few don't have a picture.

jacobeid

Banned
O_O

Had like 5 of these today but just ignored them... fuck

Don't take the 50k as complete truth. I'm level 75 and I just remember my most recent one being 49,xxx. At lower levels you could earn less? No idea.

You should definitely ignore wherever you were originally going and chase after those whenever you see them. They aren't any longer than typical head-to-heads so you're looking at a sub-one-minute races with huge payouts :)

how do you unlock body kits?

Widebodies? They're always unlocked, just take a car that has one to the autoshow, go to My Cars > Upgrades > Upgrade (can't remember the specific word), then at the end click the Conversion menu and you'll see a widebody icon.

Some examples of cars with kits just to try:

- Nissan Silvia S15 (2000)
- Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV (2010)
- Lamborghini Aventador (2011)

Rflagg

So I got an odd glitch where the default championship was barn finds, I have all 15, an none of my cars show up in the allowed cars list. I grab the barn find skyline and drive back to the event still no cars show and it says I can buy a non barn find lambo and do the event in it. Not the biggest deal in the world, but I was looking forward to trying out the Ferrari dino. :(

i just spent 30 skill points on that Bentley in the middle tab but when i go to my garage i don't own any Bentleys??

EDIT nevermind i got the gallardo

Evo X

i just spent 30 skill points on that Bentley in the middle tab but when i go to my garage i don't own any Bentleys??

EDIT nevermind i got the gallardo

Why waste skill points on that? I just bought the Gallardo Superleggera for $100k credits on the Auction House.

Patrick S.

Banned
So I was just playing and suddenly the sky and other parts of the screen started flickering like mad, and after a while the game crashed. I thought oh shit my GPU just died, but I ran a couple of laps in ProjectCARS without restarting the PC and there were no glitches. Hmmm :/ GTX 1070 with the latest drivers, game was locked at 30 fps with NI.

Tenshin

just got mine from amazon but they shipped me a pal version wtf? the pic clearly states its a u.s. ver... does it have japanese cars?

wowzors

Has anyone who ordered this off the microsoft store received their $10 gift code? It said within 10 business days but as I see it were going on the 11th or 12th business day and still nada.

Noobcraft

Has anyone who ordered this off the microsoft store received their $10 gift code? It said within 10 business days but as I see it were going on the 11th or 12th business day and still nada.
Not me. I haven't gotten one for ReCore either. I'm assuming it's because it was part of an Xbox Live Rewards deal to preorder those two titles for $15 Xbox credit each.

Edit: The deal ends in 80 days (Dec. 31st), so I suspect that's when I'll get 30,000 rewards credits for preordering ordering my games lol.

Edit 2: Which ends up being $40 in Xbox live gift cards with the current deal Bing rewards has on them.

How can you listen to your own music in this? The soundtrack is good but it's a bit tiring. Lol

I'm having a fucking blast. Can't drift for shit. Lol

It said 10 business days after release, and im assuming they are going off the regular date. So if its not in by tomorrow I would make a call.

How can you listen to your own music in this? The soundtrack is good but it's a bit tiring. Lol

I'm having a fucking blast. Can't drift for shit. Lol
get a USB drive and put a folder called "Xbox Music Library" at the root.. then drag and drop your tunes into the folder using your computer.

from there download an app called "simple music player" from the Xbox store and then snap it once you're in-game.

the app is really basic (it doesn't support album subfolders, it just takes all the music files and puts them in one long list), but it works fine for me to just shuffle a bunch of songs.

get a USB drive and put a folder called "Xbox Music Library" at the root.. then drag and drop your tunes into the folder using your computer.

from there download an app called "simple music player" from the Xbox store and then snap it once you're in-game.

the app is really basic (it doesn't support album subfolders, it just takes all the music files and puts them in one long list), but it works fine for me to just shuffle a bunch of songs.

Awesome. Thanks man. I'll do that first thing tomorrow. Are there any file type limitations?

So how often do you guys NOT upgrade cars? I feel like upgrading cars all the way no matter what they are kind of ruins them, unless they're already super cars or something, but keeping them stock makes them kind of unfun to drive. Always torn, especially for the more classic styled cars.

derFeef

So how often do you guys NOT upgrade cars? I feel like upgrading cars all the way no matter what they are kind of ruins them, unless they're already super cars or something, but keeping them stock makes them kind of unfun to drive. Always torn, especially for the more classic styled cars.

I usually only upgrade a little bit, because sometimes it feels like a total different car and overpowered. Classic cars I mostly leave untouched.

gsrjedi

I pretty much drive everything stock.

leng jai

Upgrading seems pointless to me, doesn't the AI just adapt to how fast you are anyway? I don't even notice much difference with engine or exhaust sounds.

Upgrading seems pointless to me, doesn't the AI just adapt to how fast you are anyway? I don't even notice much difference with engine or exhaust sounds.

The point is the experience. Enjoying making changes to cars, seeing what you can do with them.

If the AI didn't scale to changes you made to your car you could cheese the whole game.

Top Bottom