• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Katoki

JimiNutz

Banned
get a USB drive and put a folder called "Xbox Music Library" at the root.. then drag and drop your tunes into the folder using your computer.

from there download an app called "simple music player" from the Xbox store and then snap it once you're in-game.

the app is really basic (it doesn't support album subfolders, it just takes all the music files and puts them in one long list), but it works fine for me to just shuffle a bunch of songs.

You have to snap music?
Can you not have your own music playing in the background without snapping? Doesn't using snap shrink your game screen?

You have to snap music?
Can you not have your own music playing in the background without snapping? Doesn't using snap shrink your game screen?

No, you don't have to snap to play music.

You can either use background music via Groove, Simple Background Music, or another app, and this will play with no snap.

Or, you can use the Groove radio station in-game, which feeds from a playlist in Groove. This can either be music you've paid for in Groove, via sub, or music on your OneDrive.

xrnzaaas

I am still somehow missing 4 roads and I have no idea how. I have checked the map over and over again, I feel like I am losing my mind.

Make sure to disable all the markers and check the southern city and all the gravel roads (one or two have a strange gap in the middle). I also found locating the "hidden" roads easier by using the cursor. It will hover above and attach itself to all roads so you can use it to find those which are extremely hard to spot just by looking at the map.

Ruruja

I entered a drag race for the first time with a Ferrari F50 that reached 250mph, thought I'd be competitive.

Got absolutely destroyed by bullets, Dodge Dart Hemi won.

So I went and bought one and tuned it up and yep they're faaaaaaast. 250mph in no time.

Made getting 3-star on speed traps pretty easy (though it can't turn for shit so you have to line them up well).

Tain

Was playing co-op last night (GF joined my game), and any events played are supposed to count for all players in their individual solo games, right? The game crashed at one point and I kind of think she lost a ton of progress, but that progress only shows as missing when she's playing solo (as soon as she joins my campaign all the stuff we cleared returns).

I'm kind of confused. I'm not sure if this is an issue or if we don't understand how completion is supposed to work.

Make sure to disable all the markers and check the southern city and all the gravel roads (one or two have a strange gap in the middle). I also found locating the "hidden" roads easier by using the cursor. It will hover above and attach itself to all roads so you can use it to find those which are extremely hard to spot just by looking at the map.

Huh, thanks on the cursor info. I had no idea and I will have to try it.

Also, new future DLC cars coming as shown on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/56zp8h/forza_horizon_3_hoonigan_dlc_leak_nissan_silvia/

Anyone else with their TV calibrated for brightness correctly finding this game needs the in-game brightness turning down to stop it looking washed out in areas - mainly the roads and blacks/dark areas ?

I've got mine turned down to about 45 sometimes less - Anyone else lowered in game brightness and found the sweet spot ?

Also is 'Suspend & Resume' working on this title for you guys - It's less than consistent for me on my new One S.

Thanks

Spasm

It said 10 business days after release, and im assuming they are going off the regular date. So if its not in by tomorrow I would make a call.
Called yesterday and got my code. FYI for anyone that has to do this; you'll get a 9-digit code that you enter as a promo code when checking out with your next MSStore.com purchase.

I had to buy a $10 Windows Store gift card, pay with my promo code, then redeem the gift card for a credit to my Windows account balance. All so I could get Mick Gordon's Doom soundtrack on Groove. Many hoops.

louiedog

Has the 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R (S15) Horizon Edition unlocked in wheelspins? I just saw one driving around in the open world for the first time. I don't know if people have been seeing unavailable HEs or not and this was just my first.

terrible

Banned
Well, if you're a Leafs fan that question is easy. Is it worth it to watch them lose when you could be playing video games? :p

As a Leafs fan you learn how to enjoy the little things in hockey. You know like that one clean pass out of the defensive zone or the one shot that almost went in. Very enjoyable.

This is pure gaming bliss.

Now that I have a stutter free experience outside of Surfers Paradise. Locked 59.7 @ 1440p, Whew.

You can just feel how passionate the devs were while creating this game. Feels fucking great man.

Klocker

So I finally turned off traction control this week. I found that adjusting my throttle to 0 - 100
(elite pad) made it much easier to control.

I always thought it would make it
harder and left them at the default which made me spin out quite a bit. the fine adjustment of throttle with no traction control became a piece of cake after two or three days, really enjoying it.

also turned off the mini-map and enjoying learning the roads and looking at the signs to find my way around

Also no cheating for billboards 😉

I'm sadly addicted to this game have played quite a bit every single day since the preview release

Cheddahz

Banned
Hey, I was wondering if I could get an invite to the GAF club? My GT is Cheddahz and I've already put my info into the spreadsheet

Grazzt

I'm playing gears of war and preparing for exams recently, so please don't kick me out of GAF club if I'm on the inactive list.

zorbsie

Hey, I was wondering if I could get an invite to the GAF club? My GT is Cheddahz and I've already put my info into the spreadsheet
If you have clubs unlocked in game just search for GAF and request to join. Send me a PM and I'll set you up.

I'm playing gears of war and preparing for exams recently, so please don't kick me out of GAF club if I'm on the inactive list.
You won't be, don't worry. Finish exams and get back to driving :)

Katoki

Game has been acting really funky since the last update with the car pack. I thought it might just be from the same spot in this race I've been trying to play past the first 2 minutes of since it crashes in the same spot but it still does it just driving around.

It's like the game can't load certain textures or it glitches out since you get stuff like bright blue and that bright magenta color and then crash. Graphics drivers up to date and it only happens in this game.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having an issue where if you miss a checkpoint and get sent back, when the screen turns black to teleport you, it just gets stuck there for like 20-30 seconds while the race continues on without you? It's not a big deal since missing checkpoints happens rarely but that's a pretty nasty bug in online.

rrs

Has the 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R (S15) Horizon Edition unlocked in wheelspins? I just saw one driving around in the open world for the first time. I don't know if people have been seeing unavailable HEs or not and this was just my first.
I've seen a supra HE on the pre-HE patch high roller class racing, but I doubt it's unlocked yet

EYEL1NER

Could someone who has the ability to edit the club spreadsheet please add my info? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure where a local library is, but that is pretty much my only option to get my hands on a PC, I think.
My info is pretty simple: G/T is the same as my GAF username "EYEL1NER," I live in the US in the EST time zone, and I don't have any specific preferences for any of the other options.

I just got y 14th barn find and got all the roads. It didn't take near as long to find all the roads as in Horizon 2, that one saw me looking for two or three of them for days. Tonight I hit 484 and then it took me maybe an additional half hour to get the remaining four. I thought I had been pretty thorough up to the point where I thought I was going to finish them; I haven't even unlocked the Surfer's Paradise festival yet and hadn't explored the city at all, so I thought all of the last 80 or so we're up there. I was a bit irritated though when I cleared all the roads in the city and hadn't hit 488 though, but it didn't take much longer.
I just unlocked the Goliath race, so I know what I'll spend a number of hours on this weekend.

Just wanted to say that I'm not normally a racing game fan but nor do I particularly like cars but this game makes everything so fun. The way each car handles different, the way it clearly feels different between gravel and paved roads on your controller. Great sound track! I can easily see myself playing this a little everyday for a few months.

won't lie, I'm disappointed I can't access Groove Radio while playing online, since I almost never touch the single player. I hope Turn 10 is able to make Groove Radio accessible while online one day.

SimonM7

A friend of mine was freaking out over something I frankly can't recall whether it was normal.

All items on his map disappeared except for the train showcase event and the festival icons.

This happened after a restart of the game after playing campaign co-op and then going to expand his festivals thanks to the oodles of fans that nets you. The sites said "upgrade available", but when he went there they only let him enter the festivals, not expand them. He restarted the game and that cleared the map of everything but the showcase event.

Would greatly appreciate a reply if anyone recognizes this. He's super worried that his game/save is busted.

Daffy Duck

I bought that F-Type HE car yesterday for 400k odd credits, thing is amazing.

Up to level 180 now and just really enjoying this game a lot, even grinding Goliath is fun with trying to just drift everywhere during the race go for long skill chains through the forest to the hairpin bend just past the desert area.

I also saw a Gaffer with a Goliath name tag, I wondered if he paid to change it to that for this game or if it's just sheer coincidence lol.

I really must get on and clear some of the map as with levelling up festivals I have a load of races to see and do, I have 4 barn finds to go and get and then I have to try and uncover all roads and all the XP/fast travel boards.

pringles

Anyone else having an issue where if you miss a checkpoint and get sent back, when the screen turns black to teleport you, it just gets stuck there for like 20-30 seconds while the race continues on without you? It's not a big deal since missing checkpoints happens rarely but that's a pretty nasty bug in online.
Not that long but had some 5-10 second loading to get teleported. Coupled with the countdown before it starts teleporting you, missing a checkpoint ruins your chances in most races. Way too slow.

A friend of mine was freaking out over something I frankly can't recall whether it was normal.

All items on his map disappeared except for the train showcase event and the festival icons.

This happened after a restart of the game after playing campaign co-op and then going to expand his festivals thanks to the oodles of fans that nets you. The sites said "upgrade available", but when he went there they only let him enter the festivals, not expand them. He restarted the game and that cleared the map of everything but the showcase event.

Would greatly appreciate a reply if anyone recognizes this. He's super worried that his game/save is busted.
Doesn't that just mean he has to do the showcase event? Game forces you into it. If that's not it, very strange.

Could someone who has the ability to edit the club spreadsheet please add my info? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure where a local library is, but that is pretty much my only option to get my hands on a PC, I think.
My info is pretty simple: G/T is the same as my GAF username "EYEL1NER," I live in the US in the EST time zone, and I don't have any specific preferences for any of the other options.

OK. I added you.

Top Bottom