• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

rrs

Yeah, the car has a load of aftermarket body parts, like I'm playing NFS again

Also, anyone having drift issues: try out my build "light drift" and see if you have less trouble. It does want to snap sideways, so don't push it too hard

So the new Forzathon is available only for Gold members as well? I got the notification about the completed challenge but no car.
Enter and exit autoshow, got mine after that

zero86r

Pretty easy to unlock, as it should be.

Screenshot-Original.png

Bessy67

I did the Forzathon drift zone thing, got the achievement popup and got the in-game popup saying I got the car but no car in my garage :(

Edit: Nevermind, now it's there!

legbone

ok, ladies and gentlemen, i have a stupid question:

Where do you find the club's shared tunes at? I found it one time but have no idea how I got there. Found it right after launch when I first got into the club and now I can't remember where it was? A little help for an old man would be greatly appreciated (and I"m thanking you now because once I get an answer, I'm getting me some tunes).

newsguy

I once won the award for hottest Nissan on the lower east coast with a Nissan Silvia conversion. I absolutely love seeing the S14 represented in this game.

ok, ladies and gentlemen, i have a stupid question:

Where do you find the club's shared tunes at? I found it one time but have no idea how I got there. Found it right after launch when I first got into the club and now I can't remember where it was? A little help for an old man would be greatly appreciated (and I"m thanking you now because once I get an answer, I'm getting me some tunes).

Is there a place for club-shared tunes? I'm not aware.

I do know that you can view that storefront of any player from within the club (or any club) just by selecting his name.

rakanishu

Banned
Love that they did a drifting Forzathon, but it was way too easy. I did all objectives with my first run in my AE86 on the Byron Suburbs drift zone.

2016-10-14ttqez.png

Fox Mulder

I don't like drifting, especially with all the damn traffic in this game, but the car was way easy to unlock. Forza 6 had unicorn car contests that were actually hard.

Lima

I don't like drifting, especially with all the damn traffic in this game, but the car was way easy to unlock. Forza 6 had unicorn car contests that were actually hard.

This is not a unicorn car though isn't it? I would understand if they made it harder if it were a Horizon edition car.

zorbsie

Pretty easy to get all the challenges this week. Good thing too, it's only up for a day. Nice that the S14 has a widebody kit too.

Lima I think it is a unicorn car in a way. You can't buy the car in the autoshow. This might be the only way to get it.

screenshot-originalsyr41.png

Montresor

Pretty easy to get all the challenges this week. Good thing too, it's only up for a day. Nice that the S14 has a widebody kit too.

Lima I think it is a unicorn car in a way. You can't buy the car in the autoshow. This might be the only way to get it.

http://abload.de/img/screenshot-originalsyr41.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

WHAT?!!?

I get home at 12am EDT later tonight... Am I out of luck for these challenges? I haven't started them yet.

louiedog

I can't drift to save my life tonight.

I've already three starred a number of these stunts and for some reason now I can't even with the same car.

ElyrionX

The addition of the HE cars to the game is such a bad idea. They warp the incentive system way too much.

I got a BRZ HE and the bonus XP is so good that it just doesn't make sense to use any other car for my races.

They clearly didn't think this through.

Lima

The addition of the HE cars to the game is such a bad idea. They warp the incentive system way too much.

I got a BRZ HE and the bonus XP is so good that it just doesn't make sense to use any other car for my races.

They clearly didn't think this through.

The addition of the HE cars is one of the best additions to the game lol.

Who gives a shit about leveling in this game?

Lima

Why are the street so much harder than anything else in this game? I can always beat the AI in unbeatable is regular races but never the street races. Weird.

EYEL1NER

What PI is the tune?, you really don't need anything too powerful to get the AE86 to drift well.
Sorry, not sure what PI stands for. I know the tune took the car to up an S1 rank, which seemed way too powerful.
Disable all the assists and go manual gearbox, be easy on the throttle.
I tried fiddling with some of the assists and it made it a bit easier. I can't drive manual in a game or in real life though, so that is probably a no-go for me.

I did just try a different tune, now that the Forzathon is live for me. I used the "Forzathon Drift" tune by RED0777 and got what I needed within one or two tries at the Byron Suburbs drift zone. My best was 57,485, so still not three stars, but good enough for the challenge. Those were some of my first Ultimate Drifts in the game too, despite netting tons of them all the time in Horizon 2. I took the car with the same tune to a couple other drift zones, like the Outback Trail zone, and still couldn't do better than two stars (33,295 at that zone). Better than the one stars I had on all the drift zones I've found so far though. I don't know that I'll get three stars on any one of them any time soon, let alone on three different zones, and definitely not before the Forzathon's end, but I don't particularly need the 15,000 CR. Two of the challenges out of three is good enough for me, considering the rewards were the car and XP.
Eh, it's something I'll need to put more practice into.

Noobcraft

Sorry, not sure what PI stands for. I know the tune took the car to up an S1 rank, which seemed way too powerful.

I tried fiddling with some of the assists and it made it a bit easier. I can't drive manual in a game or in real life though, so that is probably a no-go for me.

I did just try a different tune, now that the Forzathon is live for me. I used the "Forzathon Drift" tune by RED0777 and got what I needed within one or two tries at the Byron Suburbs drift zone. My best was 57,485, so still not three stars, but good enough for the challenge. Those were some of my first Ultimate Drifts in the game too, despite netting tons of them all the time in Horizon 2. I took the car with the same tune to a couple other drift zones, like the Outback Trail zone, and still couldn't do better than two stars (33,295 at that zone). Better than the one stars I had on all the drift zones I've found so far though. I don't know that I'll get three stars on any one of them any time soon, let alone on three different zones, and definitely not before the Forzathon's end, but I don't particularly need the 15,000 CR. Two of the challenges out of three is good enough for me, considering the rewards were the car and XP.
Eh, it's something I'll need to put more practice into.
Try my tune. GT: Mr Noobcraft
Just put it in full auto with TCS and all that turned off. Very easy to get 35k in the bigger drift zones. I used it to 3 star the Kiewa Valley drift zone.

I used a Celica GT 1974 with a tune called "Best Drift Car!!" For the other two events I 3 starred.

EYEL1NER

Try my tune. GT: Mr Noobcraft
Just put it in full auto with TCS and all that turned off. Very easy to get 35k in the bigger drift zones. I used it to 3 star the Kiewa Valley drift zone.
Okay, will do. I saw people saying they aced the challenge with your tune so I searched for it but I was only searching for "noobcraft;" I didn't know there was a "Mr" in there. I'll download it and give it a shot though.

EXIT: And while I'm at it: How disappointing were the 14th and 15th Barn Finds? Quite the bummer, if I must say so. I tried the Reliant and already jumped it at the airport for the achievement; it was a bit fun and interesting to drive, especially with the Mr Bean livery I used. But I was expecting something a lot cooler for the final two. I just got the last one and as soon as the garage door lifted I said "That's it?!"

terrible

Banned
Okay, will do. I saw people saying they aced the challenge with your tune so I searched for it but I was only searching for "noobcraft;" I didn't know there was a "Mr" in there. I'll download it and give it a shot though.

EXIT: And while I'm at it: How disappointing were the 14th and 15th Barn Finds? Quite the bummer, if I must say so. I tried the Reliant and already jumped it at the airport for the achievement; it was a bit fun and interesting to drive, especially with the Mr Bean livery I used. But I was expecting something a lot cooler for the final two. I just got the last one and as soon as the garage door lifted I said "That's it?!"

I just wanted the Reliant so I was a bit disappointed with every barn find until it showed up. Pretty sure I yelled "YESSSSSSSSSSSSS" out loud when they opened the door and it was finally the Reliant.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
No matter what my brother does the game won't give him the forzathon drift car even though he is using the right car in a world map drift challenge and getting enough points :S

Fox Mulder

I believe the barn find order has always been random, so you could get the best one first or last.

EYEL1NER

I believe the barn find order has always been random, so you could get the best one first or last.
Oh, I actually didn't realize that. My last two were the Reliant super van and the Sandman panel van. Before that was the Barachetta, I think. I was let down overall by the barn finds in comparison to Horizon 2 though. H2 had a lot of cars that had me saying "Awwww yeah, I wanna drive THAT!" when I saw them. This one had a lot of snoozers IMO. I will be honest though, I am not a "car guy" who recognizes a ton of the older cars in the game or has as deep of appreciation for them that some of you may have, so maybe that has something to do with it too.

xrnzaaas

It's not only xp boosts, but also stuff like drift boosts. Imo instead of making HE cars they should've just added more body kits. Besides if you can't tune a car for specific types of events you can just download tunes and upgrades made by other players.

Also I've just noticed that getting the Warthog challenge will require to be in a online game. :/ Sucks for me, I already have PS+ and I don't plan on buying Gold anytime soon and I don't play any Halo games.

GlamFM

Banned

I agree!

HE cars are THE carrot on a stick for me.

Love, love, LOVE IT!

Got the Focus and the Jaguar so far.

Rodelero

Having played for a fair few hours now, I can't help but feel reviewers completely lost the plot when awarding this game near perfect and perfect scores. There are areas where the game is almost overwhelmingly impressive - but its failings are readily apparent and get in the way of what is in many ways a really god game.

The Checkpoint System
Why? I can see that this game has a fundamental need for some mechanic to prevent people just driving in a straight line from one place to another in races, but the checkpoint system is such a bore. The checkpoints are too narrow, and when racing nearby others its easy to end up being pushed or simply hit into a position where you miss the checkpoint. The worst thing is that the checkpoints will even punish you for taking the slower line. Slightly screw up a corner and end up a metre on the outside of a checkpoint? Well prepare for even more punishment.

Why are they -so- punishing? Missing a checkpoint can be utterly lethal to your chances. It takes a couple of seconds for it to start counting down, three more for it to reset you, and then you end up way further back and starting at 0 mph. Online, where people will happily and purposefully push you out of the way, this is absolute nonsense and totally game breaking. It's all very well to advertise the importance of racing clean but it's pretty obvious the game has no idea if you are racing cleanly or not and even more clear that nobody cares one way or another.

I don't think checkpoints are a terrible idea, but there are too many and they are too punishing when you miss them (or are forced to miss them). It would also be nice to see more variety in race types. I loved Burnout Paradise's races where you'd be given a reasonably small number of checkpoints and allowed to take your own route. Forza Horizon's, comparatively, is a tedious constraint to fix the issues created by having a game where there is little bonus to driving on tarmac, and it's not a remotely worthwhile tradeoff.

The random immovable trees

There's nothing quite like driving through things in this game. It's a significant scoring mechanic and it just feels right. That's with the exception of the 10% of trees that are as hard as bricks and will stop your car dead regardless of how fast you travel into it. It's absolutely horrible and completely inconsistent, and makes it feel like the game both wants, and doesn't want you to take shortcuts across the environment. It's fine to have the trees slowing you down when you smash them, as happens with many of the heavier objects in the game, and if I'm moving slowly it's fine to have the object stop me entirely, but when two pretty similar looking trees effect you completely differently it just feels bad.

The Online Adventure XP Championship

Lol. Who thought this was a good idea? All of last night I was watching as the people racing lost out to a moron who didn't give a damn and just drifted left, right, left, right down the straight ending up doubling or tripling the score of the winner. The game tells you to race fast, clean, and skillfully but seems to put the most weight on 'skillful' driving, which is total nonsense anyway, and the least on speed and placing. What kind of racing game is this, in all honesty? It's also eminently clear that people are doing this, not so much to win, but to boost their stats. Unbelievably lame, but when you design a game mode this thoughtlessly, what do you expect?

The Online Is 50% Waiting

How long does one spend staring at their car as the camera whizzes around it? How long does one spend staring at the leaderboard or a menu, or their damned rewards that the game takes ages to give out every damned time? I want to drive, I want to race, I want to drift and jump and buy cars and upgrade them and tune them. Instead, the presentation seems set up so you spend as much time waiting without any interaction as you do anything actually fun.

Confused Direction

This is the second Forza Horizon game I've played and I still don't feel like Playground, Turn10 and Microsoft know what they're trying to create, which is weird for the third game in a roundly successful franchise. The whole festival thing feels half baked and more of an annoyance than anything engaging, little more than arbitrary points on the map where you go to get a new car or upgrade an old one.

As impressive as the game is in many ways, I find it a little hard to reconcile the idea that this is some great marvel when it is bettered in so, so many ways by the much older Burnout Paradise. The game feels constantly at odds with itself, and tries to do too much. It simultaneously rewards you and pats you on the head for everything you do, amazed at the way you side-swiped that road-sign, but it's also a game which will reward you for tweaking your front wheel camber. Please, Playground, choose one or the other. Stop trying to be everything to everyone, you're not pulling it off.

Top Bottom