• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Cheddahz

Banned
If you have clubs unlocked in game just search for GAF and request to join. Send me a PM and I'll set you up
Sweet! Yeah, I requested to join a few days and I'm not sure the request came through, so that's why I thought I would request a request in here. Whenever I'm home, I'll send you a PM!

zorbsie

Sweet! Yeah, I requested to join a few days and I'm not sure the request came through, so that's why I thought I would request a request in here. Whenever I'm home, I'll send you a PM!
I must have deleted it by accident. Could you please request one more time? I won't delete it this time, promise. :)

Finally unlocked Clubs! Just sent a request to join (GT = Tarahiro). Putting myself on spreadsheet now :)

Accepted. Thanks for adding yourself to the list.

So how often do you guys NOT upgrade cars? I feel like upgrading cars all the way no matter what they are kind of ruins them, unless they're already super cars or something, but keeping them stock makes them kind of unfun to drive. Always torn, especially for the more classic styled cars.

I usually leave them all alone. At most I do some suspension and lightening the car and MAYBE an exhaust because I love the sound difference on older cars.

zorbsie

I also added myself to the spreadsheet and sent a request some days ago. I think I sent another one just yesterday, should I request again?

I just wiped all request. Sorry dude. Yup, just resend the request and I'll sort you out.

Looks like the Forzathon challenges don't start for another 7 hours. Nice that not all of these will be forced to be done online.

danowat

Banned
I usually leave them all alone. At most I do some suspension and lightening the car and MAYBE an exhaust because I love the sound difference on older cars.

As do I, the AI set their P.I. to match yours, so there is (IMO) not much to be gained from upgrading them too much, plus it always seems to me that the cars lose their personality when you do.

zorbsie

The S14 is a different Silvia, right?

I think so, the Silva in the autoshow is '92 model, the Forzathon Silva is the '94 model.

So you just complete the requirement, anywhere in game?

Pretty much. Some will be do a drift event and get 35k skill points others will be go online and do a specific amount of a specific event. The panel in game is really helpful to keep track of them too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think so, the Silva in the autoshow is '92 model, the Forzathon Silva is the '94 model.

Gonna try to get it tonight before the football game.
Go Broncos

I was practicing with a Petran tune, and I managed to get it once, so I should be good.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That one drift zone near the bay has to be setup as a fucking joke. There are cars always going through that, a lot of times racing on double lanes.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That one drift zone near the bay has to be setup as a fucking joke. There are cars always going through that, a lot of times racing on double lanes.

This happens to me every time I want to attempt a drift zone, no matter which one it is and it is infuriating. Drivatards will just appear out of fucking thin air and get in my way.

EYEL1NER

OK. I added you.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.
I'll send an in-game request later to join the club.

I can't wait for Forzathon to start. I'm getting that car for sure. I missed one of the horns last week though. Between the hurricane, and then forcing myself to drive into the city once power came back to play in an X-Wing Miniatures Game event and getting home late, I could only get two of them. I couldn't get a single Flag Rush (or whatever it's called) game started in the limited time I was playing online. Infection was a much easier gametype to get into.

legbone

Ever since I got my Focus RS Horizon Edition I turn EVERY event into a hatchback event.

Every single one....

yeah, i broke my game. ever since i got the nissan gtr he with the skill boost i don't drive anything else. hell, the thing's even like a goat. i can climb mountains if i drive slow enough thanks to the awd. it's a beast.

edit: and my dumb ass just realized that you have to get 35k in ONE drift to get the silvia. someone please correct me if i'm wrong. i have no chance of getting the silvia then.

yeah, i broke my game. ever since i got the nissan gtr he with the skill boost i don't drive anything else. hell, the thing's even like a goat. i can climb mountains if i drive slow enough thanks to the awd. it's a beast.

edit: and my dumb ass just realized that you have to get 35k in ONE drift to get the silvia. someone please correct me if i'm wrong. i have no chance of getting the silvia then.
I think you need to get 35k in one drift zone

Yeah. It's a drift zone not just one drifting motion. I was playing around with it this morning using Petran's tune (not even sure it's set up for drifting) and it was ridiculously easy.

So should I aim to get some of the cars with bonuses or just keep playing and hope I come across one?

If there's one you want in particular, you can buy it from the auction house. Otherwise, I'd just play the game and wait to get lucky.

SliChillax

Is it just me or is the Horizon edition F type a horrible car to drive? Understeers like crazy it's one of the least fun cars to drive.

Abbey Road

Neo Member
Car club info:

We've made the club private. There is still room for folks to join so don't worry. Here are the steps to take to get in the car club:
Unlock clubs in game (Unlocks after third location's second expansion)
Search for GAF
Send request to join club
On GAF send a PM to one of the co-leaders: Me, Rawnuts, Digmouse, TheKeyPit or Shortt Sirket to let us know you requested to join.
We'll accept and you'll be in.

Seems like a lot, but it's much easier than sending friend requests and searching through leaderboards for names and sending out invites.

And as always add yourself to the spreadsheet so that we know you are part of GAF when we need to make room in the club. Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet.

Please retain me as a member (got in when club was open); my gamertag is AbbeyRoad007

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I think you need to get 35k in one drift zone

WITH The Toyota Tureno AE86.

m23

Is it just me or is the Horizon edition F type a horrible car to drive? Understeers like crazy it's one of the least fun cars to drive.

Yeah I hate it. I recently got the Mustang Boss HE, and I love it.

I get some people like to throw in AWD on the difficult cars but sometimes it takes the fun out of driving rear wheel drive cars.

I'm trying to add myself to the spreadsheet but having editing issues. Anyways I'm already in the gaf club so don't remove me! Thanks
GT: Bloodbathnbyond

Yeah I hate it. I recently got the Mustang Boss HE, and I love it.

I get some people like to throw in AWD on the difficult cars but sometimes it takes the fun out of driving rear wheel drive cars.

There is no fun when you have to enable TCS to be able to even drive in a straight line.

EYEL1NER

So maybe I won't be getting that car tomorrow. I just bought a Trueno and downloaded a drift tune for it only to not be able to control it at all. I took it to a drift zone just to practice, after having a really tough time of a race in it, and can't even complete the zone without spinning out multiple times and losing my speed (or hitting one of the multiple cars that always seem to be going through a zone at the same time).

Also, I sent a request to join the GAF club. I'll PM one of the heads of the group.

danowat

Banned
So maybe I won't be getting that car tomorrow. I just bought a Trueno and downloaded a drift tune for it only to not be able to control it at all. I took it to a drift zone just to practice, after having a really tough time of a race in it, and can't even complete the zone without spinning out multiple times and losing my speed (or hitting one of the multiple cars that always seem to be going through a zone at the same time).

Also, I sent a request to join the GAF club. I'll PM one of the heads of the group.

What PI is the tune?, you really don't need anything too powerful to get the AE86 to drift well.

I just wiped all request. Sorry dude. Yup, just resend the request and I'll sort you out.

Looks like the Forzathon challenges don't start for another 7 hours. Nice that not all of these will be forced to be done online.

Cheers, just got in the club. Crazy how much better GAF drivatars are compared to the randoms I was getting, even at the same difficulty.

Aww yiss
xZEIfLH.png

Disable all the assists and go manual gearbox, be easy on the throttle.

xrnzaaas

So the new Forzathon is available only for Gold members as well? I got the notification about the completed challenge but no car.

Top Bottom