• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

zorbsie

New HE cars. YES! More to collect. Is there a list of the current ones out? Want to make sure I have them all.

EDIT: Found a list. I've got all the current ones. Even have some doubles, including 4 Ford GTs and 3 GT-Rs. Wonder if their value will go up after the update.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh Baby, gimmie that 22B HE.

Gonna roll for some of the ones I don't have before the update. (10pm my time)

Hip Hop

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_october_update2

New patch:

Key gameplay changes
  • Horizon Edition cars that boost either Skills or XP no longer provide a benefit in Online Adventure
  • Reduced the amount of XP awarded for banking Skill Chains
  • Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill
  • Reduced 3-Star score target on the following Drift Zones: Mountain Scramble, Mountain Foot, Reservoir, and Gold Mine
  • Previous Horizon Edition cars removed from Wheelspins; new Horizon Edition cars added. The new HE cars are the BAC Mono Horizon Edition , Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition, Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition, MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition, MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition, and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition

RIP BMW M4 HE powerleveling. Also improves PC performance, let's see how that works out.

Great, no online stability fixes.

Strider

Sure I guess the change to online adventure and HE xp cars is fine given the system... but the leaderboards being based on XP is just really stupid to begin with. No changes are really gonna fix that.

Online adventure standings should be based on performance/finishes in the events and nothing else.

EYEL1NER

Was anything said prior about the HE cars changing/rotating? I'm not terribly upset by the news but I wish I had known ahead of time so I could be fully prepared to say "Oh well, my fault for not playing more and getting them all."
Kind of a bummer about the lowering of XP from banked skill chains too. I made massive gains in levels from hitting up some of the farmland area during a skill song and drifting around through bushes and plants for a couple minutes to get up to 100,000-200,000 points with a 12x multiplier.

Completed the drift challenge, achievement popped up but no car in garage even after exiting and entering the autoshow three times and restarting the game. I guess it's because Forzathon appears locked in my social tab (due to Silver Live I'm supposing)?

Sure I guess the change to online adventure and HE xp cars is fine given the system... but the leaderboards being based on XP is just really stupid to begin with. No changes are really gonna fix that.

Online adventure standings should be based on performance/finishes in the events and nothing else.
Leaderboards being based on XP is actually really smart.

Some benefits:
  • You encourage clean driving. This is self-explanatory, but its importance cannot be understated, especially for the person in front. For a great example, try to play Forza Motorsport 6 multiplayer sometime. The few times I tried it was nothing but getting rammed in the back by random assholes. All the advantages go to the aggressor. The more you can discourage sabotage in a racing game, the better.
  • You encourage skillful driving, which in most cases means dangerous and more exciting driving. In a traditional racer when you're in the lead you just play it safe, but in FH3 you might want to do a few drifts here and there. Having skillchains matter leads to a more interesting driving experience. (This doesn't mean dangerous in an aggressive, hitting-people-from-behind sense, because that kills your chain.) You should drive safe and fast, but also challenge yourself and have fun!
  • You allow for greater car variety. It's not just about taking the fastest car, because the races aren't only about speed. A slightly slower but drifty car has tremendous potential value.
  • You prevent 11 players from wasting their time on races they can't win. You can be in a slower car, in the middle of the pack, but still driving your ass off matters, earning XP to match or even exceed sloppier drivers ahead of you.
  • Get good. If you're fast then you can drive skillfully too. Clean racing bonuses in particular combine perfectly with fast driving. Combos are really easy and generous in Forza Horizon 3.

XP leaderboards award the best, most-skilled drivers with victory. That this isn't always the purely fastest driver makes lots of sense, because races in this game are inherently filled with tons of random variables like traffic, dumb rival players, an occasional weird environmental collision issue, crazy jumps with impossible to predict results, and so on. It's not a carefully calculated circuit racer; unexpected crap can absolutely screw you out of a few positions. The chaos is partially why Horizon 3 is so much fun, so winning in multiplayer isn't down just to luck at avoiding it, but rather how well you work around this inherent chaos.

All that said, it's pretty rare to see players winning who aren't fast too. Usually the XP competition just make things a little closer in the top third or so of a session's players. It's hardly some terrible thing if the final winner is the player usually coming in second but with more skillful, impressive driving skills. Remember the context here: these aren't professional races, Forza Horizon is about putting on a show.

Strider

Sorry I'm on mobile and I know I'll forget to later :)P) or I'd have a better more lengthy response to some of your points but we will just have to agree to disagree.

Race well and be rewarded for it is how I feel it should be handled. Period.

They could of course have different types of championships as well. Score based and "style based" ... could be cool.

I will say idk why u mentioned 11 players would be "wasting their time." I didn't say remove all payouts to the people that didn't win or anything... just that if you performed the best you should be rewarded accordingly

But yea ultimately I just feel it's preeeetty dumb you can win every race only to not win the championship still. That just feels... bad.

I found this to be an exception rather than a rule in FH2.

I know FH3 has kind of been screwy because of the H.E. cars, so it'll be interesting to see how it works after the patch.

ElNino

Removing the HE cars for the new batch is bullshit.
Why? I'm sure they will be rotated back in at a later point, and they will still be able to be purchased from the AH.

I was wondering why I couldn't find any listings for the 22B HE, and now I know why... and what I'll be looking for after the patch.

Ag3ntJaded

Neo Member
Name is Ag3ntJaded xbox gamertag, AgentJaded steamID
From Calgary, Canada

also my gallery so far.

First time playing any of the Forza franchise games. Besides Apex which I think is better since sim is better than arcade.

I've gotten the game down pretty good, except for the drifting in a rwd.

Looking forward to playing with some of you, and beating your rival times.

Cheers

desu

- introduced new Horizon Edition cars to the level-up Tombola spins
- Players running four-core setups on Windows 10 should see CPU improvements
- Improved thread layout changes for eight-core setups on Windows 10, resulting in improved performance
- Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out (Xbox One and Windows)
- Added a 30-second cooldown to the Drift Tap Skill
- Previous Horizon Edition cars removed from Wheelspins; new Horizon Edition cars added. The new HE cars are the BAC Mono Horizon Edition , Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition, Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition, Mercedes C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Horizon Edition, MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition, MINI Cooper S Horizon Edition, and the Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition

Gestault

Name is Ag3ntJaded xbox gamertag, AgentJaded steamID
From Calgary, Canada

also my gallery so far.

First time playing any of the Forza franchise games. Besides Apex which I think is better since sim is better than arcade.

I've gotten the game down pretty good, except for the drifting in a rwd.

Looking forward to playing with some of you, and beating your rival times.

Cheers

I actually don't see any uploaded content on that forza gallery link, but your stuff is definitely up on Xbox DVR

MouldyK

From the latest Forza Patch Notes:

· Fix for bug that prevented Windows 10 players from progressing past the Start screen with no internet connection

Does this mean the game can be played offline?

All 3 Forzathon challenges completed! Did them all with the Toyota you need to use for the drift one too. That was a fun hour or so. Love this game.

jesu

Maybe, maybe not. I just feel they'd make a better game if they decided to ratchet the game further towards the arcade side of the spectrum.

It's reasonably possible to tell which are and aren't at moderate speed but definitely not flat out. It's completely inexcusable either way. It is a game which allows you to smash through pretty much everything and it feels AWESOME... and then you hit one of these random trees and it feels horrible.

It's totally excusable.
Don't go tearing through forests at top speed lol
And again, they are not random.

SZips

Loving all of the promises of performance and stability improvements! Really eager to try it out later.

This item made me chuckle though:
"Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out"

But... isn't that the point of enabling stuff like that?

FStop7

Banned
FH3 Ultimate get.

I'm unashamed (well maybe a little) to claim I've bought the "Ultimate" version of every single Forza game ever released, including the Collectors Edition of Forza 2, which wasn't even released in the USA. Without hesitation. Forza and Gran Turismo are the only game franchises I've ever been close to hardcore about.

shagia

Horizon Edition cars that boost either Skills or XP no longer provide a benefit in Online Adventure

j93.png

life aint fair fam

Kumubou

Loving all of the promises of performance and stability improvements! Really eager to try it out later.

This item made me chuckle though:
"Player can now continue driving when fuel runs out"

But... isn't that the point of enabling stuff like that?
The change looks funny on its face, but before this patch it was impossible to finish longer races (and the Goliath event at any length) with Simulation damage on as there's no way to refuel during a race in Forza Horizon. This change allows people to do longer races with simulation damage without having to worry about finding a pit stop that doesn't exist.

Top Bottom