• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

saladine1

bpAl5Zn.jpg

This guy was really against his picture being taken..

RAL1992

Hi Guys, I've added myself to the spreadsheet for the club and made a request in game, would appreciate it if somebody could approve the app.

If anyone fancies a few races later on, feel free to add me - MrGuiltySparks

Makikou

Well fuck, I swear I had some sweet ass Blueprints loading for Exhibition/Championship races and now they're all dead again.

How fucking hard can it be (along with pc perf issues)

Lgndryhr

So just got a Xbox one when the gears console released last week. Tried the demo out and had a lot of fun. So picked up the ultimate edition last night at best buy. This feels way better than the first horizon game to me. Never got that one based on demo and moving onto the PS4.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
This game is so good. My first Forza Horizon game and my first racig game since... Forza 2?

How do I join the GAF club? I just unlocked clubs.

legbone

Spent 1.5M on spins. No new HE cars. Dis game. :)

Wow, you could have had one in the auction house for that. Anyway, I'm not really digging the new set of HE's. The countach and the mercedes are really the only two that interest me. i love the 22b, but drift skills are the last boost i want. i can't stand drifting and do just fine drifting off road in a skill bonus car.

oh, and maybe the bac.

zorbsie

This game is so good. My first Forza Horizon game and my first racig game since... Forza 2?

How do I join the GAF club? I just unlocked clubs.
Easy, Just search for GAF in club menu and request to join.
Let me know in a PM when you do and I'll accept the request.
While you're waiting, add yourself to the ForzaGAF spreadsheet. We use this to make room in the club when we get too close to full. If you are inactive and not on the spreadsheet you may get bumped.
To find the link to the spreadsheet, quote this post.

Wow, you could have had one in the auction house for that. Anyway, I'm not really digging the new set of HE's. The countach and the mercedes are really the only two that interest me. i love the 22b, but drift skills are the last boost i want. i can't stand drifting and do just fine drifting off road in a skill bonus car.

I didn't think to look. lol. I'll check it out later today. I just thought they would go for a ton of money. I agree on the drift skills bonus. Really only care about XP and credits. Although the M3 HE is one of my favourite HE cars.

legbone

i apologize zorbs. i just tried to win a countach and it went to 1.3 mil. i was grabbing the old ones for about 500k each. but the game had been out a while and most had already gotten what they want. once again, i should have checked it first.

edit: yep, i agree. credits and xp are about the only thing worth anything to me atm since i'm about full on the skill points. it's too bad as well, as the gtr he is my favorite. if only it was a credit booster.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Having real trouble trying to play this on Xbox and PC at the same time. I bought it digitally on Xbox under my account. XB1 is set to my primary console. I sign out, and my son signs in - he should be able to play any games I bought with no restrictions. But after a couple of minutes of starting up FH3, it auto-signs me in again. Which means I can't play on PC.

Is it impossible to play with an online connection on two differnet machines, even if I'm using two different accounts? The wording on the MS FAQ page is a little ambiguous

On how many devices can I install Forza Horizon 3?

On Xbox, you can install Forza Horizon 3 and play offline on your home console. You can also install and play on your friends’ consoles, as long as you sign in to Xbox Live and remain online.

On Windows 10, you can install Forza Horizon 3 and play offline on your main device (usually the first device you install the game on). You can also install and play on other Windows 10 devices, as long as you sign in to Xbox Live and remain online.

You can only be signed in at one place at a time while playing Forza Horizon 3, or any other title that supports Xbox Play Anywhere.

Having real trouble trying to play this on Xbox and PC at the same time. I bought it digitally on Xbox under my account. XB1 is set to my primary console. I sign out, and my son signs in - he should be able to play any games I bought with no restrictions. But after a couple of minutes of starting up FH3, it auto-signs me in again. Which means I can't play on PC.

Is it impossible to play with an online connection on two differnet machines, even if I'm using two different accounts? The wording on the MS FAQ page is a little ambiguous

No. It's not impossible. I do it all the time.

The fact that you keep getting signed back into the Xbox One makes it seem like an XB1 and not a FH3 problem. Can't you disable auto login?

Leyasu

Banned
This game really needs a rear-view mirror.

And also maybe let your place in the starting grid during championships be determined by your performance in the last race because the rubber-banding can be ridiculous.

They should do a forza app in SmartGlass for mirror.

_woLf

Just beat the final showcase. It sucks how much you have to fight the game to do other races and stuff when a showcase is available. I wanted to do more stuff before "beating" the game but it just kept being annoying so I did it.

Talk about an insanely anticlimactic ending sequence. Jesus. That being said, Horizon 3 overall is the best on the series and makes me much more confident in the franchises future compared to 2. Hope to see Horizon 4 in 2 years. And make it take place in Japan or the UK!

rakanishu

Banned
I've been done with the single player part for over a week now, so I decided to make a challenge for myself. Drift around the whole map in one combo. Here is the result:

fh3-video-smallo8s3l.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35lcQApEujA
YouTube is still processing the 4k version, but 1080p60 should be okay for now.

Took me a couple of tries mostly because of traffic, but it was a fun thing to try. Messed up a couple of times, but nothing too bad. Worst was getting a bit lost in Byron Bay, and missing the turn into Surfers Paradise before entering the tunnel.... Oh, yeah, and that stupid red van :p

Car used was the Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex tuned to B700 with a straight-six turbo swap. 353 kw, 576 nm, 1048kg on stock tire compound.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No. It's not impossible. I do it all the time.

The fact that you keep getting signed back into the Xbox One makes it seem like an XB1 and not a FH3 problem. Can't you disable auto login?

Auto login should only be for when you turn the Xbox on, not all the time. I'm playing with different settings now. Just wanted to check it was supposed to be possible to make sure I wasn't crazy :)

GWX

RWD cars are hopeless without assists. I just convert them all to AWD, and I'm quite glad for such an option. So much wheelspin, wow.

rrs

RWD cars are hopeless without assists. I just convert them all to AWD, and I'm quite glad for such an option. So much wheelspin, wow.
Up to 400 HP you'll be fine with RWD, but in a game where the cap is 1500, that's just tiny. And turning on assists to remove wheelspin will destroy low end acceleration which kinda defeats the point of these comically overpowered machines

I've been done with the single player part for over a week now, so I decided to make a challenge for myself. Drift around the whole map in one combo. Here is the result:

fh3-video-smallo8s3l.png

Took me a couple of tries mostly because of traffic, but it was a fun thing to try. Messed up a couple of times, but nothing too bad. Worst was getting a bit lost in Byron Bay, and missing the turn into Surfers Paradise before entering the tunnel.... Oh, yeah, and that stupid red van :p

Car used was the Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex tuned to B700 with a straight-six turbo swap. 353 kw, 576 nm, 1048kg on stock tire compound.

The fuck.

Great job.

mark-san

Banned

oh, and maybe the bac.

The new Corvette HE is a bliss to drive, man.

The Argus

Do animals only spawn in load screens and cinematics? I've yet to come across any. I kinda wanted to race with kangaroos in an old Jeep and take pics of crocodiles.

KrisB

Do animals only spawn in load screens and cinematics? I've yet to come across any. I kinda wanted to race with kangaroos in an old Jeep and take pics of crocodiles.

I've wondered the same. I haven't come across any yet but I thought I remember someone who had a review copy posting a pic of a lambo next to a crocodile.

Patrick S.

Banned
I hate all of you who win HE cars en masse.

In all the spins I have won exactly two cars; a Ford Transit van and a Chevrolet Grand Sport *vomits*.

I only win money, often 2K CR, and I think the most I've ever won in a spin was 70k.

The only HE car I have is a Lamborghini I've got in an auction for around 200k.

MarkV

fh3-video-smallo8s3l.png

Wow, this is crazy! You did a great job :D

I'm no Noobcraft, but it's suddenly raining HE cars for me. Since last night I've spun a Countach, 2 Minis, a 'Vette and a Viper.

They were all promptly auctioned off, and with the windfall I'm thinking of dropping $10 million on the 250 GTO.

:(

dragoncdf

so the patch made the game run worse on my xbox one. first it stuttered several times and then finally froze and crashed. also groove has improved in that it plays the whole song without repeating part of the song but it stops after one song and have to change the radio channel and go back to groove to get the next song to load.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
so the patch made the game run worse on my xbox one. first it stuttered several times and then finally froze and crashed. also groove has improved in that it plays the whole song without repeating part of the song but it stops after one song and have to change the radio channel and go back to groove to get the next song to load.

I was doing some stunts during a skill song last night and I had it stutter a few times and was afraid it was going to freeze/crash at some point.

Today it didn't do it.

On that note, I'm guessing there's some cap on how many skill points you can receive? I got a 3.6m skill chain and only received 3 points.

I was doing some stunts during a skill song last night and I had it stutter a few times and was afraid it was going to freeze/crash at some point.

Today it didn't do it.

On that note, I'm guessing there's some cap on how many skill points you can receive? I got a 3.6m skill chain and only received 3 points.

Yeah. It caps at three points, so anything beyond 300,000 is just for bragging rights.

freefornow

In all the spins I have won exactly two cars; a Ford Transit van and a Chevrolet Grand Sport *vomits*.

I only win money, often 2K CR, and I think the most I've ever won in a spin was 70k.

The only HE car I have is a Lamborghini I've got in an auction for around 200k.

I feel ya man!
Lvl 110, spun a total of 2 HE cars and lots of 2k CR! Last spin had 3 HE cars in a row (same car) on the dial. As the spinner came slowly to a stop I thought YES!! I'm going to pick up one of these and then watched as it cruelly slipped past all 3 and landed on 20k CR.

Screw you Playground Games!!!
Thank you Playground Games for making this amazing game! I love you guys!

Top Bottom