• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

SlickVic

This is officially my most played racing game ever. It's a genre I've always tried getting into but was never interested enough to play one for more than a few hours. I think the open world nature of the Horizon series with all the activities scattered around the world make it feel at home for someone who enjoys open world games. I feel what's also making me like FH3 a lot of is the variety of terrain to race on. Each event area feels pretty distinct from one another, and it's a lot of fun trying races or just free roaming in each of them.

Dubz

Came back to this after a short layoff, and man is this a good looking game. Playing at 4K at 30 FPS, and I am constantly amazed at the lighting and effects.

BIGT468

Easy, Just search for GAF in club menu and request to join.
Let me know in a PM when you do and I'll accept the request.
While you're waiting, add yourself to the ForzaGAF spreadsheet. We use this to make room in the club when we get too close to full. If you are inactive and not on the spreadsheet you may get bumped.
To find the link to the spreadsheet, quote this post.

Gamertag: BIGT468

http://www.trueachievements.com/Forza-Horizon-3/challenges.htm?gamerid=446561

#Forzathon Tear Up The Strip Time-limited Challenge Starts in 1 day
Win a Drag Race at the Car Meet with an Extreme Track Toy car to be awarded the #17 Falcon FG.

giphy.gif

well shit

statham

I got my first HE car a S2 Corvette, after trying to get it to get 3 stars at the base jump PR thing along the ocean and trying to land on the rock by the ocean for 25k EP for 2 hours, I bump up the springs to give me an extra 2 inch clearance and made both within 25 minutes. It was quite satisfying, but I wish a achievement happen, because I worked my ass for them. I was also able to hit top 8% at the close by speed trap, but that took another 20 minutes of retries. Man I love this game. Everything I did was much fun and never frustrating. Rewind helped alot.

Cyanity

Banned
Does anyone know where the in-game photo mode photos are stored? Microsoft has been utter shit at conveyance here and I'm lost.

leng jai

Came back to this after a short layoff, and man is this a good looking game. Playing at 4K at 30 FPS, and I am constantly amazed at the lighting and effects.

Yeah that's what I'm using but it still plays 10 times better at 60fps. Too bad I can't get it to run properly at 60 not matter what settings I lower.

At least it runs fine at 4K/30fps as a consolation I suppose.

Zenner

So im stuck in a lake. Everytime i try to drive out of it, the game resets my car back into the lake.

I forget if it's on Map screen or Options screen, but there's a manual "Reset Car" option that you can trigger with Right-Stick. It will move your car to nearby area, if you get stuck.

So, when I highlight a race in map view, it shows me a figure for fans and XP etc, is this what I've achieved or what I could get/remaining? Also, how can I tell if I've done a race/route with a good position? The icon goes gold at some point (top 3 finish?)

MarkV

Got all the HE cars avaible, maaany wheel-spin and a couple of good auction ...now i wait the next batch.
Collecting them is like a game in the game.

ElyrionX

The offroad events are so goddamn frustrating. The ones with tracks and roads are mostly great but the ones where you go everywhere with no defined road to follow are an exercise in frustration. So many random bumps and tiny elevation changes which throw you off course. The AI runs most of these perfectly and hardly ever get random spinouts and crashes so it's a constant rewinding exercise. And I am only playing on highly skilled.

The offroad events are so goddamn frustrating. The ones with tracks and roads are mostly great but the ones where you go everywhere with no defined road to follow are an exercise in frustration. So many random bumps and tiny elevation changes which throw you off course. The AI runs most of these perfectly and hardly ever get random spinouts and crashes so it's a constant rewinding exercise. And I am only playing on highly skilled.

Suspension tuning can make a big difference. If you're not tuning for off-road, then just using off-road tunes by guys like raceboy77 and petran will probably bump you up a difficulty.

So, when I highlight a race in map view, it shows me a figure for fans and XP etc, is this what I've achieved or what I could get/remaining? Also, how can I tell if I've done a race/route with a good position? The icon goes gold at some point (top 3 finish?)

Fans is the number you can still get from that event. XP figure I think is the base XP you can get from the exhibition.

The gold cup icon just indicates that you've completed the championship. There's no indication for podium finishes.

ElyrionX

Suspension tuning can make a big difference. If you're not tuning for off-road, then just using off-road tunes by guys like raceboy77 and petran will probably bump you up a difficulty.

Hmm, I've never really touched tuning much. Only been picking the AWD cars in my garage for these races. I'll give those a shot then. Thanks

Bessy67

So I think I'll finally start taking a look at tuning. Is there anyone here who has a bunch of tunes up, and if so what gamertag should I search? I'm kinda specifically looking for the Ford GT HE.

Edit: I guess the post above me has some names to search.

danowat

Banned
Who decided that the default buy out figure for HE cars was 5.5 million CR?, when they never actually sell for that?

Why don't people offer a more realistic buy out figure?

MarkV

Who decided that the default buy out figure for HE cars was 5.5 million CR?, when they never actually sell for that?

Why don't people offer a more realistic buy out figure?

Earlier some rich guy paid 5.5 million for my HE Corvette ...he probably made a mistake though.

Bessy67

so how do you get a car with a bonus modifier (xp bonus, skill bonus, etc)?

is it possible to buy a car and attach a bonus modifier to it later?
Only the Horizon Edition cars have the bonus modifiers on them, and as far as I know you can only get them from wheelspins and from buying the cars at auction.

Fans is the number you can still get from that event. XP figure I think is the base XP you can get from the exhibition.

The gold cup icon just indicates that you've completed the championship. There's no indication for podium finishes.
I don't understand what the incentive is to get a good position in races. You don't seem to get any more reward and the race is marked as gold/done even if you get a lousy position! You get a fixed amount of XP/credits with bonuses for skills/lineup. The number of fans you get is seemingly the same too.

danowat

Banned
I don't understand what the incentive is to get a good position in races. You don't seem to get any more reward and the race is marked as gold/done even if you get a lousy position! You get a fixed amount of XP/credits with bonuses for skills/lineup. The number of fans you get is seemingly the same too.

That's not correct, XP and CR is based on finishing position, not sure about fans, but I think that is too.

I just set my difficulty at unbeatable and don't worry about finishing position, having a good race with challenging opponents is more important than XP and CR.

How do I unlock the halo theme horns?

Upcoming #Forzathon prize, I think.

As danowat mentioned, there are CR and XP bonuses for podium finishes.

Plus, there's a built-in incentive to win. ;)

I think this is the right move, though, to not incentivize winning at all costs. Maybe it will make for better Drivatars.

That's not correct, XP and CR is based on finishing position, not sure about fans, but I think that is too.

I just set my difficulty at unbeatable and don't worry about finishing position, having a good race with challenging opponents is more important than XP and CR.
If the bonuses are only for podium finishes, that's pretty weird. Plus there's no way of telling if it's worth trying for a better finish, it doesn't even tell you your best position.

zorbsie

Couple of gripes:
Was doing an offroad race and there were warthogs in the race. I was in a S2 Bowler. The warthogs were on my ass for the entire races bumping/passing and getting passed. When I checked the race results I noticed that the warthogs were S2. If I'm correct, this should be impossible. The warthogs can't go passed A class. So the AI can make a car any class but the players can't? Maybe I missed something but pretty sure I'm right on this and it's a real bummer.

Finally got around to adding some songs to my Groove onedrive. Everything transferred over fine. But in when I switch to the Groove station in game I get a message that says I need a subscription to listen to this playlist. I thought you didn't need a subscription if you are just listening to your own music. Is there another step I'm missing?

/complaining

New Forzathon challenges unlock in later today. I'll be online tonight if anyone wants to group up. I hope we can get in a private freeroam and do the drag races. If not I hope someone has a good extreme track toy drag tune. I have no idea what makes a good drag racers. I'm assuming launch and acceleration are key.

Finally got a couple of the new HE cars. The MG and the Mono. Bought the MG in the auction house and won the Mono in a level up spin. Feels good.

Finally got around to adding some songs to my Groove onedrive. Everything transferred over fine. But in when I switch to the Groove station in game I get a message that says I need a subscription to listen to this playlist. I thought you didn't need a subscription if you are just listening to your own music. Is there another step I'm missing?

Check which playlist you have selected in the Audio options.

I don't have a subscription and it works fine for me, although sometimes (I assume during a bout of bad connectivity) it'll freak out and give me that message too.

How do I unlock the halo theme horns?

You unlock them via #Forzathon challenges, there will be 4 running from 28th-31st October.

Win a public game of King or Flag Rush with an Extreme off-road car to unlock the complete halo theme Horn.

Complete 3 public games of Flag Rush with an Extreme off-road car to unlock first halo horn.

Complete 3 public games of King with an Extreme off-road car to unlock second halo horn.

Finish 5 public games of both King and Flag Rush in an Extreme off-road to win he M125 Warthog CST.

zorbsie

Check which playlist you have selected in the Audio options.

I don't have a subscription and it works fine for me, although sometimes (I assume during a bout of bad connectivity) it'll freak out and give me that message too.

Thank you! That did it. This is great. Listening to Jet Set Radio soundtrack while driving around feels right. Now to add Bom Bom. :)

Does private free roam work?

It just says win a drag race at the car meet. But maybe going to the car meet instantly makes it public. Not sure if car meet is even available in private. I hope so, it would save me the headache of trying to win a drag race in a public room. We can always just give it a shot.

Top Bottom