• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I just noticed that ForzaGAF has about 75 outstanding invitation requests

And that someone made me an admin -- not sure who though that was a good idea. :p

At any rate, I've accepted invites from all I recognized. If you're someone who still needs an invite, please post about it here on in the FM6 thread.

(Note: This concerns the ForzaGAF Xbox club not the in-game FH3 club.)

frontieruk

I just noticed that ForzaGAF has about 75 outstanding invitation requests

And that someone made me an admin -- not sure who though that was a good idea. :p

At any rate, I've accepted invites from all I recognized. If you're someone who still needs an invite, please post about it here on in the FM6 thread.

(Note: This concerns the ForzaGAF Xbox club not the in-game FH3 club.)

Oh that explains all the invites I've been seeing... Guess I'll keep an eye on this too sorry to everyone I've missed sofar

frontieruk

OK I've used some google foo to get the last of the invites down to 3 left

One is for a banned member unless they've gotten a new GAF name but all links to the GT are for the banned member.

So if you've asked and not been accepted, post here or drop me a message.

xrnzaaas

How do you get non awful drivers for the lineup? I keep get people well below lvl 100.

Are you in ForzaGAF? I got good recommendations early on in the game for GAF members, added them and after that I basically kept getting super low level non-gaffers so I stopped checking for potential replacements.

Use a horizon edition Drift skill car, makes it much easier.

Just picked up the 1997 BMW M3 HE and using T37s drift tune, still struggling a bit as I find it very easy to spin out of control. Only assists I have on are ABS (which doesn't effect this) and automatic gearing because I suck at manual.

Just going to have to keep at it.

danowat

Banned
Just picked up the 1997 BMW M3 HE and using T37s drift tune, still struggling a bit as I find it very easy to spin out of control. Only assists I have on are ABS (which doesn't effect this) and automatic gearing because I suck at manual.

Just going to have to keep at it.
Manual would make it easier stick at it, it'll be second nature after a little while.

Fox Mulder

Are you in ForzaGAF? I got good recommendations early on in the game for GAF members, added them and after that I basically kept getting super low level non-gaffers so I stopped checking for potential replacements.

I guess that's what I should do to, I don't even know why I care either.

3 starred 7 drift zones so far.

And doing sorta ok, but even in private online freeroam one thing is still bothering me.

WHY CAN'T I FRICKING TURN OFF THE RETARDED AI TRAFFIC THAT CONSTANTLY SCREWS UP MY PERFECT DRIFT LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

>.<

Fox Mulder

I'm not even going to bother with drift zones. Dense traffic and AI drivatars racing side by side everywhere is just dumb in this game.

Klocker

Geez added up the hours from my two profiles and it says I have played for 430 hours... game is addicting and have not played anything else since release...

The Stig

hey guys, finally joined the modern era and got an xbone. I used to play forza 4 with GAFers online

Im interested in horizon 3 and I have one question.

Is there rubberbanding in this game? this is the big deal breaker for me when it comes to any racing game

hey guys, finally joined the modern era and got an xbone. I used to play forza 4 with GAFers online

Is there rubberbanding in this game? this is the big deal breaker for me when it comes to any racing game

I think it has "realistic" rubberbanding, in that AI will wait for you slightly if they're miles ahead, but they won't magically catch up unless their car is legitimately a lot better.

The Stig

hmmm, I appreciate the detailed response. I'll give it some thought.

i see there is a demo on windows 10 but i dont have a PC that can handle it.

what about xbone?

Noobcraft

It's tough to answer. There was one (long) race that showed some of the AI flaws, but I think it has been addressed since launch. There definitely isn't NFS style rubber banding going on, and it's possible to win or lose races by a total landslide, but there are times where the AI seems to have an unfair advantage (almost like they have a variable tune), but that's only noticeable on one specific race.

danowat

Banned
Found the last of the 488 roads by chance, it was clouded by the "find drivatar to race" circle (no I DON'T want a new drivatar in my lineup, FFS stop asking me!) near Byron, I did a race there and the minimap doesn't show that circle while you're racing so I saw it straight away.

cantona222

Found the last of the 488 roads by chance, it was clouded by the "find drivatar to race" circle (no I DON'T want a new drivatar in my lineup, FFS stop asking me!) near Byron, I did a race there and the minimap doesn't show that circle while you're racing so I saw it straight away.
I gave up on finding all roads. That chore is not worth the achievement of 20 gamer scores I'll be getting.

Completed my final drift zone today. Was having difficulty with the Mountain View drift zone. Ended up switching to the 2014 Lamborghini Hurican HE and found it helped me with sheer brute force.

Now all I need to do is complete 6 events in co-op and I'm all ready for the first expansion. :D

Popsickles

Wow they did such a good job of modeling Surfers Paradise in this game, watching I'm a celebrity (UK) and it was instantly recognisable good work PG

When is the Winter expansion reveal expected? Surely before December, right?

I don't think there's been any word since that tease for the November car pack.

I could see them teasing it on Dec 6 (car pack day) and releasing it on the 27th when all the young people have their Christmas money.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't think there's been any word since that tease for the November car pack.

I could see them teasing it on Dec 6 (car pack day) and releasing it on the 27th when all the young people have their Christmas money.

That's so late :(

I wanted it by mid-December at the latest.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh wow yea, The Game Awards is hosted at the Microsoft Theatre, I bet they will have a lot of presence, then. Scorpio stuff, FH3 winter expansion, maybe Halo 3 Anniversary...etc.

How does one tweak this game to make it play more like an arcade game ala NFS? The cars feel too heavy to me. I'm playing on a controller BTW.

danowat

Banned
How does one tweak this game to make it play more like an arcade game ala NFS? The cars feel too heavy to me. I'm playing on a controller BTW.

You'll never get it to feel like NFS, although FH is straddling arcade territory, the physics are still pretty realistic, try sticking all assists on and see how it feels, failing that, you'll just have to get used to it.

h3ro

Any one know the dates and challenges for the upcoming Forzathons?

Don't want to miss out on another HE after being unable to round up a crew in time for the Raptor HE.

zorbsie

Any one know the dates and challenges for the upcoming Forzathons?

Don't want to miss out on another HE after being unable to round up a crew in time for the Raptor HE.

I want to say the next one is this weekend. But I'm not 100% on that.

EDIT: Found this
Cw-9-m9W8AAldyO.jpg:large

Lima

I've said this earlier in the thread but December 13th is probably the date when the expansion is going to release. That's the date the ultimate owner discount for the expansion pass runs out and it's a Tuesday so it makes perfect sense.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I hadn't had time to play for a good while, and fired it up to find that the November PC update partly broke wheel support. Now the d-pad on my Thrustmaster T300RS doesn't work on the map (have to use a controller or mouse) and the button numbers shifted around. Found a thread on the Forza forums, so it's apparently a common issue.

This PC port is such a shit show.

Top Bottom