• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Noobcraft

The ones where you win HE vehicles are all going to be multiplayer challenges aren't they...........
There are like 140 people in the ForzaGAF dashboard club now so maybe we should try setting up LFG play sessions to grind out the Forzathon events if they end up being MP.

I PM'd noobcraft but never heard back :(

I'm in the in-game club...
I looked for your GT but you hadn't requested an invitation to join the club yet.

Fox Mulder

The ones where you win HE vehicles are all going to be multiplayer challenges aren't they...........

It makes sense to promote multiplayer usage. It just kind of sucks really.

I wish there were a few more playground games though as it's pretty shallow. A championship is four rounds, but they only have three events. King, infected, and flag. They couldn't think up anything else? Lawn darts, demolition derby, cat and mouse, etc.

Then there's only three locations too. The terrain at these locations significantly reduces the types of cars you could realistically use as well if you want to be competitive.

20 games though.....ugggg..........

It makes sense to promote multiplayer usage. It just kind of sucks really.

I wish there were a few more playground games though as it's pretty shallow. A championship is four rounds, but they only have three events. King, infected, and flag. They couldn't think up anything else? Lawn darts, demolition derby, cat and mouse, etc.

Then there's only three locations too. The terrain at these locations significantly reduces the types of cars you could realistically use as well if you want to be competitive.

My sentiments exactly ...

---------

As a controller user I've just turned off ABS and TC for the first time and was curious how people control things like a Dodge Charger Hellcat tuned to S1 900 ?

I'm trying to be subtle with the feathering of throttle and brake, it works well enough with a lot of cars but things like the Charger just seem hard to keep on the road and also throttle out of corners etc.

So although I'm trying to be better at the game and use less assists, I suddenly feel a lot worse and can't get the wins that I was getting with assists on.

I've also turned rewind and braking line off from the start, so one spin out of mess up and I'm back to a restart of the race.

Any tips from you veterans on coping with ABS and TC off ?

Many thanks

Noobcraft

They should bring back the GOAT Forza mode:
eGxyMzU1MTI=_o_forza-motorsport-4---top-gear-soccer.jpg

Also give us some team based CTF.

I wish there were a few less Playground Games. :p

I love Horizon, but this is one aspect I could do without.

Playing CTF with GAF can be a blast, but even then, I'd rather be racing and trying to avoid Noob and Zorbs driving me off the road.

My sentiments exactly ...

---------

As a controller user I've just turned off ABS and TC for the first time and was curious how people control things like a Dodge Charger Hellcat tuned to S1 900 ?

I'm trying to be subtle with the feathering of throttle and brake, it works well enough with a lot of cars but things like the Charger just seem hard to keep on the road and also throttle out of corners etc.

So although I'm trying to be better at the game and use less assists, I suddenly feel a lot worse and can't get the wins that I was getting with assists on.

I've also turned rewind and braking line off from the start, so one spin out of mess up and I'm back to a restart of the race.

Any tips from you veterans on coping with ABS and TC off ?

Many thanks

I still have trouble with some rear-wheel drive vehicles. Impulse triggers help a lot, but some RWD cars I simply can't drive competitively.

That's a big reason why you have so many people switching to AWD. I'm not an expert. I am getting better, and it's just taking practice.

As for ABS off, you're not supposed to feather your brakes. Braking should be one action w/o locking them up. Practice lol. I know easier said than done. I still lock mine up sometimes.

farisr

I haven't played much of this game yet. But just wanted to chime in and give credit to the HDR implementation in this game. It's absolutely terrific.

I've had the game for a while now, got the digital code off a gaffer for $30 USD when that target error happened. Had plans to buy a 4k HDR tv so held off on playing it. And when I got one, I was still waiting since the TV needed a firmware update to fix issues it was having with the XB1S. Early preview update released today and I finally got to try this out.

So good. Honestly, I was considering returning the TV before today, as the HDR I had tried out before in other games wasn't that impressive. But it seems there was something up with my tv, as the update made the unimpressive games seem decent. I was thinking despite the improvements in those titles were basically showing me the limits of the TV, and if the TV's not capable of more than these games are showing me, then I should just return it and wait till next year for a better TV. But Horizon 3 proved me wrong. The TV is very capable, it's just the games that I played that hadn't been utlizing it well enough.

Played for about an hour or so. Want to keep on playing, but Watch Dogs 2 came in today, and since it is a new (physical) game, I'm going to get started on that in case I want to resell it.

BIGT468

That is my biggest problem with the playground games is the only location that is tolerable is the airport.

Also give us some team based CTF.

When i first saw this mode I had hoped it was team based then I found out it was individual and let out a big sigh.

Fox Mulder

Wish the game told me how many wheel spins I have. 9+ isn't very helpful when I just did 40 and it didn't change.

Applied for the club on the dashboard, I think. XBL fozzie bear.

xrnzaaas

Wish the game told me how many wheel spins I have. 9+ isn't very helpful when I just did 40 and it didn't change.

Why not use them straight away? Even if the HE cars are going to be switched soon the chances of winning at least a few of them should be pretty big.

danowat

Banned
Why not use them straight away? Even if the HE cars are going to be switched soon the chances of winning at least a few of them should be pretty big.

I'm saving all my money and spins for a HE car refresh, I've won quite a few of the existing ones, and just flip the duplicates on the AH.

I'd like to try and get some of the previous ones I missed, but the AH is just a piece of crap when it comes to trying to win something.

zorbsie

Accepted.

Kind of wish I could see how many spins I have too. 9+ tells me nothing except they didn't plan for large numbers to be displayed in the menu.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Omg Playground, can you please please please please please please please please add this body kit to the Quattro S1 for the Winter Expansion please please please please ;_;

wallhaven-384101.jpg

35fLXSa.png

;_; Helios pls

Fox Mulder

Is all the AI bullshit thrown into drift zones supposed to be fun or something? It has to be intentional, right?

Tried some of these again and they're god awful.

Fox Mulder

No. it's not fun at all. It's more frustrating than anything. Same with Drivatars going through the drift zones.

I just three starred them all, playground games gets a middle finger for the cheap shit they throw in there. Get a nice drift going and then a fuck you traffic jam out of nowhere. It's lazy.

Didn't even get a fucking achievement.

So what, is this game like 100 hours long or something? I feel like I've been doing almost every event, but it says I'm only 2% complete towards the final championship. That's the end game, right?

(I've been playing off and on. Not a ton. I expect it to be a lot longer than what I've played, but 2% after 5-10 hours feels low.)

So what, is this game like 100 hours long or something? I feel like I've been doing almost every event, but it says I'm only 2% complete towards the final championship. That's the end game, right?

(I've been playing off and on. Not a ton. I expect it to be a lot longer than what I've played, but 2% after 5-10 hours feels low.)

2% means you probably haven't unlocked the 3rd festival location... When you think you did almost all, a truck ton more will surface.

2% means you probably haven't unlocked the 3rd festival location... When you think you did almost all, a truck ton more will surface.

I think I just did the other day.

I have the starting location, the one by the airport in the outback and the city. The outback is leveled up 3 times and the first one is a couple of times.

danowat

Banned

63 championships takes a ton of time to do.........

I think I just did the other day.

I have the starting location, the one by the airport in the outback and the city. The outback is leveled up 3 times and the first one is a couple of times.

Oh you haven't unlocked Yarra Valley so still a long, long way till the ending. Normally it's about 15-20 hours depending on how many exploration you do.

63 championships takes a ton of time to do.........

Yes it's around 100 hours for 100% completion.

To explain myself: I wasn't complaining and expected it to be 100 hours for 100%. But it just seems like the campaign is moving along at a snail's pace, which made me think I was doing something wrong.

I'm blowing through exhibitions but inching through championships and there's a lot of them.

Oh you haven't unlocked Yarra Valley so still a long, long way till the ending. Normally it's about 15-20 hours depending on how many exploration you do.

That's what I expected and I'm sure I'll get more than that out of it. I just didn't expect the stat to be so low.

For the record, Forza Horizon blew me away and I fell in love with it. It was my favourite racing game. Then Forza Horizon 2 came and took that spot. It's still my favourite. This one is great, too, and up there for GOTY.

To explain myself: I wasn't complaining and expected it to be 100 hours for 100%. But it just seems like the campaign is moving along at a snail's pace, which made me think I was doing something wrong.

I'm blowing through exhibitions but inching through championships and there's a lot of them.

Championships are not part of the main progression, actually almost nothing is mandatory in main story progression, just do whatever event you want and accumulate fans, main story will trigger at certain fan numbers, nothing else.

Championships are not part of the main progression, actually almost nothing is mandatory in main story progression, just do whatever event you want and accumulate fans, main story will trigger at certain fan numbers, nothing else.

Oh, I didn't know that. The game didn't do a good job of explaining it and made it seem like they were.

Thanks

Ullus

I swear the AI is cheating, same car, same spec, all stock. I'm drafting behind him on a straight, yet he's the one getting a boost that I can't catch up to.

I love just about everything in FH3 but it feels like they did take a huge step backwards in how the map unlocks work. My map is just an bunch of ?s and astericks and shit and I usually don't feel like doing any of that, I just drive around a bit, take photos of other cars, and quit. Yeah, I "finished" the main storyline and have every site unlocked (all at 5 too except for one) but don't really feel like doing anything more other than forzathon stuff.

The exhibition/championship thing also feels just off too me, I don't really like how many linked (3+) map spots there are. That should be rare like showcases, and somehow more seperate / special.

I would have loved more showcases too, maybe too many would make them feel less special but some sort of blueprint designer for showcases would be fantastic.

Lima

I've said this countless times and will continue to say it until the day I die but the way the campaign es structured in 1 was perfect. Even down to the wristbands gating progression everything fit the festival theme. You had a natural progression from slower to faster cars with the awesome weird stuff mixed in.

I get that huge open worlds and letting people do what they want is he hotness these days and both 2 and 3 are just like hey drive whatever you want and when you want. I sure appreciate the freedom but it lacks structure.

A more linear guided approach is not a bad thing Playground.

desu

Yes it's around 100 hours for 100% completion.

Well you can cut the time by a lot of you edit championships down to one round and 3 short tracks, SirTerrible (thanks!) had a lot of those and it made the whole thing a lot faster (if you just want to be done with it).

Fox Mulder

I swear the AI is cheating, same car, same spec, all stock. I'm drafting behind him on a straight, yet he's the one getting a boost that I can't catch up to.

It is.

AI doesn't use the same handling model as the player and there's rubber banding. they can take some turns like they're on rails with a rocket.

danowat

Banned
It is.

AI doesn't use the same handling model as the player and there's rubber banding. they can take some turns like they're on rails with a rocket.
It seems to have gotten more pronounced in the most recent patch, there is always a couple of cars who show crazy performance every now and then.

Fox Mulder

AI is easily the worst part of the game, I just really really hate it.

It's tolerable in Horizon due to the nature of the game, but has absolutely ruined the Motorsports series for me. I don't want my single player sim campaign to be like a fucking online lobby. Turn ones are a nightmare and the AI will corner cut at places like Spa or Abu Dhabi.

Feels like they added the long beach track as a troll with drivatards.

I remember Long Beach being a nightmare. The first corner of Le Mans was particularly terrible.

But that's improved a great deal. The evolution from FM5 to FM6 has been huge. I feel like this is outdated criticism.

I remember the AI in FH2 being much better. Wtf is even the point of "drivatars" if it's going to be some insane rubber banding ai. I really don't see how drivatars even function other than giving the AI you're up against player usernames.

Fox Mulder

I remember Long Beach being a nightmare. The first corner of Le Mans was particularly terrible.

But that's improved a great deal. The evolution from FM5 to FM6 has been huge. I feel like this is outdated criticism.

Maybe you just get better drivatars than me then. I'm on unbeatable and even played F6 today chipping away at like the last 5% of career races and the Porsche campaign.

Same old garbage AI, I hate it.

Back to horizon though, that don joewon song YouTuber makes some amazing tunes to mess around with.

I've said this countless times and will continue to say it until the day I die but the way the campaign es structured in 1 was perfect. Even down to the wristbands gating progression everything fit the festival theme. You had a natural progression from slower to faster cars with the awesome weird stuff mixed in.

Agreed

Top Bottom