• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

m23

I've said this countless times and will continue to say it until the day I die but the way the campaign es structured in 1 was perfect. Even down to the wristbands gating progression everything fit the festival theme. You had a natural progression from slower to faster cars with the awesome weird stuff mixed in.

I get that huge open worlds and letting people do what they want is he hotness these days and both 2 and 3 are just like hey drive whatever you want and when you want. I sure appreciate the freedom but it lacks structure.

A more linear guided approach is not a bad thing Playground.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

prophecy0

I've said this countless times and will continue to say it until the day I die but the way the campaign es structured in 1 was perfect. Even down to the wristbands gating progression everything fit the festival theme. You had a natural progression from slower to faster cars with the awesome weird stuff mixed in.

I get that huge open worlds and letting people do what they want is he hotness these days and both 2 and 3 are just like hey drive whatever you want and when you want. I sure appreciate the freedom but it lacks structure.

I will also agree with this. I'm not sure how it holds up now because I haven't played it since 2012, but FH1 is still my favorite Forza primarily because of how it handled progression. I also really loved the Colorado setting. FH2 and 3 are fantastic games but the first one has a special place in my heart.

Ullus

Having stunt jumps/danger signs with no way to control the car in the air is not fun. So many flips and bad landings.

Any up for some Playground Games tonight?

Edit: Did people figure out how to cheat in infected games on Tower West?

This is the third time I've run into a guy sitting on top of construction materials that couldn't be infected.

jacobeid

Banned

Agreed wholeheartedly. The first is still my absolute favorite.

Fox Mulder

Any up for some Playground Games tonight?

Edit: Did people figure out how to cheat in infected games on Tower West?

This is the third time I've run into a guy sitting on top of construction materials that couldn't be infected.

I've only seen people on things they were able to reach with jumps or gravel mounds.

Bought the game when it was accidentally 20 dollars on Target. Haven't touched it yet. I want to but I'm also thinking of waiting for a sale for the season pass.

terrible

Banned
I remember the AI in FH2 being much better. Wtf is even the point of "drivatars" if it's going to be some insane rubber banding ai. I really don't see how drivatars even function other than giving the AI you're up against player usernames.

They're just a gimmick. Since it scales their times to your difficulty setting they don't drive anything like the players they are supposed to be based on.

They're just a gimmick. Since it scales their times to your difficulty setting they don't drive anything like the players they are supposed to be based on.

Nah. I call foul. I know scaling muddies the waters, but Drivatars drive quite differently than each other.

terrible

Banned
Nah. I call foul. I know scaling muddies the waters, but Drivatars drive quite differently than each other.

I've not noticed any patterns at all with the drivatars I race against and it's nearly always the same ones in my races. I've driven against my own drivatar on another account too and it drives nothing like me at all.

01DragonFly

Can someone please explain what exactly is a playground game?

And how do I start one?
they are the multiplayer games modes like infection,flags and king.

need to go in to the social section < online adventure < select custom adventure <games only<press x to join

Gestault

Yo, I adore this game, but that finale was almost confusingly underwhelming. I'm glad so much more is still opening up on the map, because that was some weak showmanship from a game design/presentation point of view.

kevin1025

Banned
Yo, I adore this game, but that finale was almost confusingly underwhelming. I'm glad so much more is still opening up on the map, because that was some weak showmanship from a game design/presentation point of view.

I haven't quite gotten there yet. Is it like Horzon 2 where you complete the game but then it essentially says you did a minuscule amount of what's out there?

Noobcraft

It was fun, but as the final showcase event it didn't hold up to the Jaguar racing the cargo plane in FH2. I would have picked a different event or vehicle to end it on lol.

kevin1025

Banned
pretty much. I believe I heard that the final showcase is like 20% out of rest of the game.

Bless this game, that's incredible. No one can say that this game lacks content, that's for sure. I just played two hours on PC and felt like I didn't even make close to a dent in this thing.

AsianOni

By disabling the aniso setting, my game is a lot more stable. Not rock stable but enough to be able to play more than a couple of minutes..
EDIT: wrong thread but still could be of use to someone.

Finally got the H.E. Brat. 20 games felt like forever lol, but it was actually kind of fun.

But Infected on some of those maps is just terrible

zorbsie

3 events in I get disconnected. Get back in and then get disconnected again. Maybe I don't need this "finish an online adventure with a Holden Sandman" achievement. This is brutal. I'll try again later tonight.

Fox Mulder

Finally got the H.E. Brat. 20 games felt like forever lol, but it was actually kind of fun.

But Infected on some of those maps is just terrible

The terrain on these maps pretty much means you have to run rally cars. Everyone always votes s1 or s2, so you can use a pretty bad ass rally car at that rating.

Seeing people play these with super cars is funny.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
How long has Xbox had diamond achievements? Just got one for unlocking every perk. I am the 6%

xrnzaaas

How long has Xbox had diamond achievements? Just got one for unlocking every perk. I am the 6%

I may be mistaken, but I think they've added achievement rarity in the last Xbox update. Kinda strange that it wasn't available before and you had to rely on achievement collecting sites to find out that stuff.

Fox Mulder

I may be mistaken, but I think they've added achievement rarity in the last Xbox update. Kinda strange that it wasn't available before and you had to rely on achievement collecting sites to find out that stuff.

Does a good job at showing how few people do things though. Says 8% unlocked the achievement for doing 25 events online. 8% have upgraded all festival sites.

xrnzaaas

Does a good job at showing how few people do things though. Says 8% unlocked the achievement for doing 25 events online. 8% have upgraded all festival sites.

I don't think it's that surprising. Like for example an online mode in FH3 isn't seemingly integrated in the game the same way like in, let's say, The Crew.

As for the festival sites achievement, I think it just shows how little time a lot of people have for video games or how quickly they get bored with the game and move on to something new. PS4 has trophy statistics since the beginning and a lot of relatively easy but time consuming trophies have similar rarity.

Top Bottom