• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

shmoglish

This game alone justifies the Xbox One purchase. Played a lot of it during my holidays. Looks good, plays good, sounds good, so much content and so on. Really love it. May jump into Fh2 to kill some time while I wait for Fh4 (we will get it, right?).

xrnzaaas

This game alone justifies the Xbox One purchase. Played a lot of it during my holidays. Looks good, plays good, sounds good, so much content and so on. Really love it. May jump into Fh2 to kill some time while I wait for Fh4 (we will get it, right?).

Forza Horizon 2 is great as well. Hasn't aged and the setting is different so you won't feel like you're playing the same thing.

bender

What time is it?

I'm with you. After my PC wasn't up to the task of running FH3, I picked up an Xbox One S. I'm a 96.4% completion (damn you, OCD). It might be my game of the year though I do think it does a poor job of encouraging you to use different vehicles and they re-use courses a bit too frequently. I also wish there was less of a focus on circuit races but that has more to do with my preference of the point-to-point styled races.

Forza Horizon 2 is great as well. Hasn't aged and the setting is different so you won't feel like you're playing the same thing.

I just picked it up as it is on sale. I also snagged FH1 a few weeks back. I'll probably take a break once I wrap up FH3 though.

MouldyK

I also wish there was less of a focus on circuit races but that has more to do with my preference of the point-to-point styled races.

Yeah, the Circuit Races remind me that Forza Motorsport does that better.

Point-To-Point is the game's main strength.

Hey new to the game and just a quick question - are all skill points awarded at the same value? Or do they exponentially cost more the more you unlock?

I.e is it always the same level of difficulty to unlock a skill point?

I know the cost of skills varies but I wonder if the exp needed per skill point varied too?

Also I would love guidance on which to focus on!

KRaZyAmmo

Hey new to the game and just a quick question - are all skill points awarded at the same value? Or do they exponentially cost more the more you unlock?

I know the cost of skills varies but I wonder if the exp needed per skill point varied too?

I believe their always gonna be 100,000 skill points to get.

Wiped89

Personally I focused on the skills ones first, because they boost the amount of skill points you get for things, making it even easier to unlock more perks. For example, if you unlock the drift one it gives 10% more skill points for drifting, and the clean racing one is 100% more for clean racing. The other categories are mostly just credits and xp, you can get those later, and more easily once you've boosted all your skill collection abilities.

Montresor

Yo, I adore this game, but that finale was almost confusingly underwhelming. I'm glad so much more is still opening up on the map, because that was some weak showmanship from a game design/presentation point of view.

It was fun, but as the final showcase event it didn't hold up to the Jaguar racing the cargo plane in FH2. I would have picked a different event or vehicle to end it on lol.

When I played the final showcase I had this music playing on Future Classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki300WC61UE

I thought it fit so unbelievably well with what I was doing. Relaxing ride in a Golf Cart against a gigantic blimp, with that wonderful but easy-going music in the background. Not a fast-paced song to hype you up, but a slower, smoother song. I think because of this I have a really fond memory of the showcase.

The criticisms are completely fair though. This is a game about fast cars and showcases usually involve spectacular set pieces. Golf Carts and Blimps are antithetical to that theme. I thought the above song went really well with that race though, heh.

Noobcraft

I'm doing some free roam grinding if anyone wants their 20 playground games.

Edit: Currently making some Australian guy super mad by grinding the event for 1 min lol.

Fox Mulder

Man, the first place AI bug really gets magnified on the Goliath circuit. finished a full minute ahead of me after 8 laps.

Meanwhile the other cars behind could slam into trees and catch me in minutes. Rubber banding really needs to get the hell out of this game.

Ullus

Hell yeah, my bad habit of drifting around corners will finally prove useful.

000075-greenshot68s46.png

willbsn13

So are we all in pretty much in consensus that the other expansion is gonna be a Porsche one? Or is there something going down with the license now AC has Porsches?

It's kinda annoying to sell an expansion pass but have one of expansions a mystery; especially when there's a discount involved that I wanna take advantage of.

xrnzaaas

So are we all in pretty much in consensus that the other expansion is gonna be a Porsche one? Or is there something going down with the license now AC has Porsches?

It's kinda annoying to sell an expansion pass but have one of expansions a mystery; especially when there's a discount involved that I wanna take advantage of.

Plz no. With Forza 6 they had an excuse to make a Porsche DLC again so that they could add Porsche eras campaign.

I just hope that the second expansion won't be anything strictly multiplayer related like a challenge mode or something like that.

Tunned

I have played this game for over 75 hours and love it. Problem is, it's becoming too repetitive, there are not enough tracks to race on, and I do not care for MP.

Maybe we will get a race editor in one of the expansions, the current blueprint stuff is just meh. It's ridiculous that this game does not have a race editor seeing that TDU had it back in 2006!

RaginRoss

Really enjoyed this - only real complaint as others have said is the progression, especially nearing the end where I am now after the final showdown event.

I just want to race on all of the routes, no real interest in grinding all the PR stunts or doing a whole load of championships to get enough fans for the final few festival upgrades.

03sho

I'm only level 5 so still pretty early in the game but is this Blueprint feature so that I can go through the game without actually spending any credits on any cars since I can customise the race, win it using my requirements and then move on?

When is it a good time to actually be spending credits on cars?

Thanks gaf

danowat

Banned
I'm only level 5 so still pretty early in the game but is this Blueprint feature so that I can go through the game without actually spending any credits on any cars since I can customise the race, win it using my requirements and then move on?

Thanks gaf

I still haven't brought a single car, all my cars have come from wheelspins.

xrnzaaas

When you're in a mood. :) The game doesn't really force you to buy specific cars. I'd only recommend looking for one of the drift HE cars in the auction house (or through wheelspins) to have better chances of earning 3 stars in drift zones.

Space_nut

100% agree

We have 2 new expansions coming soon. First is snow!! These will sure to quench our thirst for more before FH4 comes along

LoveCake

It's not silly, the game does a rubbish job of explaining a few things.

I agree! why can you not just click on the event banner and it takes you straight into the event you are trying/wanting to compete in.

I have just played through seven events in online adventure and they have been wasted, haven't they?

I am very underwhelmed by FH3, it's the worst in the series imo.

When you're in a mood. :) The game doesn't really force you to buy specific cars. I'd only recommend looking for one of the drift HE cars in the auction house (or through wheelspins) to have better chances of earning 3 stars in drift zones.

100% this.

Was able to 3 star all the drift zones with a BMW M3 HE car and the Lamborghini Hurican HE.

The HE drift cars make a huge difference for even novice drifters (yes I am a drifting n00b).

In addition to this search for 5 star drift tunes to further even the odds of better drifting.

Fox Mulder

I still haven't brought a single car, all my cars have come from wheelspins.

money becomes irrelevant though. I've still got like 67 million on forza 6 and 20 million in this.

100% this.

Was able to 3 star all the drift zones with a BMW M3 HE car and the Lamborghini Hurican HE.

The HE drift cars make a huge difference for even novice drifters (yes I am a drifting n00b).

In addition to this search for 5 star drift tunes to further even the odds of better drifting.

I got a tune from don joewon song for a Nissan gtr and goddamn. 3 starred everything easily besides all the bullshit traffic and I usually hate drifting.

zorbsie

Finally got all the Forzathon challenges done. Sad that the HE BRAT doesn't even have black plates. But it is a XP boost car so there's that. I'll take the good with the bad on this one.

frontieruk

I just applied to the [GAF] group, please accept if there is room, thank you!! Username: PatzCU

Looks like someone already added you, unless it was the ingame group. If it is Zorbs if I'm still a member and you need a spot kick me. :)

Oi Jello44 you're lucky I know you... ;)

Klocker

Do do cars give extra XP in skill hooning? So if you get do just from free roam skills do you get extra XP for that ? Or is it just in racing?

Bebpo

Banned
Did they ever fix performance on PC?

There's a demo now, so you can see for yourself.

I finally tried the demo the other day and on a 980 SLI setup I can get 60 in most areas which looks and feels great, but the forests/beaches/long distance shots/anything other than a smooth standard road drops to 50fps. Can't decide whether I want to just lock it at 30fps or deal with different framerates depending on the area.

At least the game has a good solid 30fps lock option so in the worst case scenario you can play it with performance like the XB1 version. Too many poor performing PC games don't have that and you have to try to lock it using outside programs and sometimes they won't work quite right and cause judder issues.

That being said, after trying the demo I wasn't entirely sold of the game. Way too many unskippable cutscenes when I just wanted to race. Will pick it up, but going to wait until there is a Windows Store sale on it (does the windows store even do sales like Steam?)

Klocker

The H.E. skills boost applies in free roam and racing.

Cool wasn't sure if XP boost cars were giving a bonus in free roam on XP earned from skills. The damned conversion is hard to understand or calculate.

Also is there anywhere besides after a race where you can see how much xp you need until the next level? have not found that in hundreds of hours of play so I assume there is not?
Thx

Top Bottom