• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

OCD Guy

Hi guys, just wanted to get some feedback on my latest tunes. I have over 100 at the moment, the majority are optimised for asphalt courses. The majority of my tunes revolve around increasing power to weight ratio. As in real life it tends to be pointless having 600bhp if your car weighs 2000kg lol.

I've spent a lot of time fine tuning each car individually, this includes gear ratios, camber, psi etc. I've generally focused on in gear performance as opposed to top speed as I find the majority of the courses in the game benefit acceleration. Obviously there is the odd exception like a few Australian street races etc which tend to have a lot of long straights.

I've not ignored off-road and cross country tunes, I have several awd conversions with suitable suspension and tyres to maximise performance on those tracks too.

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback. My storefront is JC25041983

Haines

Banned
Looking for help on hdr.

The sliders made no sense to me.

It wanted.me to turn the brightness down as far as slider would.let me and than that hdr slider to half?

Is this really correct?

Is color depth on the xbox supposed to set at 8 bit or 10?

There's a demo now, so you can see for yourself.

I finally tried the demo the other day and on a 980 SLI setup I can get 60 in most areas which looks and feels great, but the forests/beaches/long distance shots/anything other than a smooth standard road drops to 50fps. Can't decide whether I want to just lock it at 30fps or deal with different framerates depending on the area.

At least the game has a good solid 30fps lock option so in the worst case scenario you can play it with performance like the XB1 version. Too many poor performing PC games don't have that and you have to try to lock it using outside programs and sometimes they won't work quite right and cause judder issues.

That being said, after trying the demo I wasn't entirely sold of the game. Way too many unskippable cutscenes when I just wanted to race. Will pick it up, but going to wait until there is a Windows Store sale on it (does the windows store even do sales like Steam?)

Actually the cutscenes in the demo are pretty all you'll see in the entire game, it opens up right after the demo area, and there are very minimal cutscenes for the rest of the game.

danowat

Banned
Only 2 more PG games to go, not even sure why I am worried about getting the HE Brat, but there you go, I am a magpie!.

I get opinions and all that, but I find the PG games an utterly joyless experience, it's not like the rewards you get for doing them is actually worthwhile, both the credit and XP rewards, even for finishing first, are minimal for the amount of time you put in.

Maybe a niche question but have I missed my chance to unlock the halo warthog?

I actually own both the MCC and Halo 5 but assume I wont get mailed a code this late on?

Has the forzathon event to unlock it passed?

zorbsie

Maybe a niche question but have I missed my chance to unlock the halo warthog?

I actually own both the MCC and Halo 5 but assume I wont get mailed a code this late on?

Has the forzathon event to unlock it passed?

It has passed. Although you might be able to buy one through the auction house.

GKB

So... about Driving Force GT support. Is there any possibility that they will add it?

Because i'd really rather wait than play the game using controller/keyboard. But if they're not going to add it, might as well buy it now.

I really don't get it though, yes the wheel has Gran Turismo logo, but it's also one the most popular wheel on PC. Hell, even Logitech Momo is supported and that's waayy older.

:(

Sorry another beginner question:

What is the point of exp? Credits, skill points and fans make sense but I can't quite see what the progress system is for straight exp? As far as I can tell every time I rank up I unlock wheelspins? I don't seem to get anything else?

Do the wheelpin rewards scale with my level at? I haven't really used them in case I should wait until im a higher level to unlock better stuff. Am I playing it wrong? I vaguely read that the wheel spin rewards stay the same no matter what?

Sorry tried googling but the info out there is fuzzy

danowat

Banned
Sorry another beginner question:

What is the point of exp? Credits, skill points and fans make sense but I can't quite see what the progress system is for straight exp? As far as I can tell every time I rank up I unlock wheelspins? I don't seem to get anything else?

Do the wheelpin rewards scale with my level at? I haven't really used them in case I should wait until im a higher level to unlock better stuff. Am I playing it wrong? I vaguely read that the wheel spin rewards stay the same no matter what?

Sorry tried googling but the info out there is fuzzy

XP is just for levels (e-peni) & wheelspins and there is an achievement tied to level, nothing else, apart from the wheelspins it's just an arbitrary number.

No, wheelspins don't scale.

Simbo

Neo Member
Anybody help with xbox one s

Where do u put sliders

Do u just leave 10 bit on all the time?

On a tv

My Xbox is permanently set to 10 bit and standard black level. Forza in game sliders are set to 45 for brightness (probably a little over what the instructions are telling me, 35 would probably have the '1' just visible) and the HDR slider is in a similar position.

Happy with how the game look on my setup.

Gestault

So, it looks like this game is on sale for BF.

Should I pick up the regular edition for $31, or the Ultimate Edition for $80?

Core game has a LOT to it, but if more is more for you, Ultimate may hit the spot. More than doubling the sale price though is rough, even if the price is still good compared to normal.

How long does it take to do 20 playground games?

Are they also easy to find on the map?

Yeah. They're easy to find. You can filter the map too.

Custom games can bet set to a minute, so probably 30 minutes if everything goes well.

If you go the Online Adventure > Game Only route, then about 2.5 hours, I think.

BIGT468

Every time I play online and the closest level to me is 500 levels below me, I feel the shame you speak of. :)
c2YyNySJ1CbFC.gif

danowat

Banned
Think the HE Brat is my new favourtie car, just everything about it is just right, sounds and looks pretty good too!, shame it's no CR boost though..

Klocker

Think the HE Brat is my new favourtie car, just everything about it is just right, sounds and looks pretty good too!, shame it's no CR boost though..

Yea it is pretty sweet... Almost a perfect drive on tarmac or dirt

Biggest oversight to me is how it has no HE tires? Wtf.

Gong

Finally got to apply to join the GAF club, someone who runs the group please accept my request? GT is: Avatoid

End this saga! :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Does the Treasure Map lock away some achievements? I got all the barn finds and beauty spots, but those achievements didn't unlock.

Montresor

No. I believe it just simply tells you where all the boards, barn finds, and beauty spots are. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Correct. I've bought the treasure map in every Forza Horizon game (even on Forza Horizon 1 via XB1 360 BC). It has never locked out collectible achievements. Just shown me all collectibles in all three games.

BHK3

Banned
There's a demo now, so you can see for yourself.

I'm an idiot as I bought the game day one. I have to cap it at 30 and deal with the input lag. I have a 970 but even with everything on low it judders and stutters and slows down at 60...

I'm an idiot as I bought the game day one. I have to cap it at 30 and deal with the input lag. I have a 970 but even with everything on low it judders and stutters and slows down at 60...
I tried the demo before buying and fiddled around with the settings a ton, but I made the mistake of not trying enough different scenarios.

On my RX 480/i5 it runs an decent enough 1080/60 on high preset up until the point when several cars are on screen at once.

This isn't true of every race and situation, but I have noticed it tends to happen when there are a lot of alpha effects and/or physics going on. Frame rates would then tank to around 45.

Unfortunately there is no way to control the alpha or phyisics settings so this is just guess work.

Moving everything to the low preset does help and nets me about 50fps in the same situation, which would be good enough if I set my TV refresh rate to 50hz.

But really, I don't want to and shouldn't have to play on low settings to get not even a steady 60fps.

I've settled on a locked 30fps which means I can move up to the ultra preset at least.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Correct. I've bought the treasure map in every Forza Horizon game (even on Forza Horizon 1 via XB1 360 BC). It has never locked out collectible achievements. Just shown me all collectibles in all three games.
Then it's glitched for me, then? What do I do?

Top Bottom