• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Fox Mulder

Just unlocked the HE Jaguar project 7, that's the one people are using right?

I got 487 roads and I can't find the last one and I'm going to actually die.

It's probably an off road section. I've found some tiny sections that just didn't show up well on the map.

jiggles

Banned
It's probably an off road section. I've found some tiny sections that just didn't show up well on the map.

I've pored over every pixel of this map for the last 2 hours. Every solid white, dotted orange and solid orange line. They're all filled in. Even the roads that have huge gaps in the lines. It's marking something as filled in without it actually being found, I'm sure of it.

I've pored over every pixel of this map for the last 2 hours. Every solid white, dotted orange and solid orange line. They're all filled in. Even the roads that have huge gaps in the lines. It's marking something as filled in without it actually being found, I'm sure of it.

Post some screenies of your map. Maybe someone might just spot it.

I remember people having the same issue in FH2.

Fox Mulder

I've had this feeling in all these kinds of ganes ever since Test Drive Unlimited but got them all. You'll eventually find it.

mdsfx

Has anyone received preorder bonus car codes from the Microsoft store (The one with the $10 gift card deal)?

terrible

Banned

It'll be one tiny line that you're missing that's blending into everything else. There are some seriously evil road lines in this game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Apologies if this has been asked a 1000x but how come Clubs is greyed out for me? Do I need to reach a certain level or something? I just want to join the GAF club.

FukuDaruma

Hi guys,

Yesterday I spotted a post or two from people wondering how to change the in-game language. This can be done by going to "Region" in Control Panel, and then changing the "Format" language at the top.

This is just lame. Changing the Region Format setting alters the way some programs work. For example: VRay net nodes won't render if the region is changed.

Why is it that some devs are constantly trying to come up with new ways of taking what was never a problem (choosing your prefered language starting the game or in the menus) and turn it into a pile of new ones?

Cyanity

Banned
Game is running flawlessly in 1440p and WOW this game is beautiful. This is some Witcher 3 level of vibrancy here.

It's interesting that they had these in the first one. That and gloves were worn depending on the type of race it was. Wonder why they took that out?

DLC?

edit - after scratching my way to the front of the pack, 90% through the race, the game crashed. Nice

Fox Mulder

Doing my first Goliath run for 4 laps, and lapped AI 3 minutes into the second lap. Really?

I'm on expert or pro, I don't remember which.

Noobcraft

Doing my first Goliath run for 4 laps, and lapped AI 3 minutes into the second lap. Really?

Yeah the AI is really weird in the Goliath Circuit. They sometimes lose track of the objective it seems and just stop. I saw one just driving around in the woods, one stuck on a tree, one that somehow ended up in the ocean off the coastal highway, and lots of them get stuck on the beach. Helios' drivatar has done a 22 minute first lap every time I've done the race lol.

It seems like drivatars closest in proximity to the player drive better, and those that are distant can actually glitch out.

terrible

Banned

sQU3RQM.jpg

This has been my experience.

This is just lame. Changing the Region Format setting alters the way some programs work. For example: VRay net nodes won't render if the region is changed.

Why is it that some devs are constantly trying to come up with new ways of taking what was never a problem (choosing your prefered language starting the game or in the menus) and turn it into a pile of new ones?
+1
importing data that uses a comma as the decimal mark (as they do in south america, europe and some african and asian countries) messes things up too.
I even think that FM6 on Xbox One had language options in the game if I remember right. Not having it in FH3 is a step back at the worst time when you want to be a force in the PC market.

Hip Hop

They should offer some basic customizations for your character like hats, shirts and pants to make them stand out a little bit like the cars ala Test Drive.

DLC?

It's not even just that.

We're driving as professionals but yet, dressing up casually in these expensive cars and festivals.

Not that it's a big deal breaker, but it kind of takes off the experience a little bit. Even just gloves would make a big difference.

It's not even just that.

We're driving as professionals but yet, dressing up casually in these expensive cars and festivals.

Not that it's a big deal breaker, but it kind of takes off the experience a little bit. Even just gloves would make a big difference.
I'm usually all for the serious racing stuff, but I don't think it would fit the tone of Horizon well.
I wouldn't mind some clothing options though, but it's ok as it is.

psychotron

Getting a lot more hitching today on XB1. About 7 times in 45 min. Really getting annoying. Tried moving the game from internal to external and vice versa, as well as a full reboot.

Happens after the 20 second mark here....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/21906159

Happens about 25 seconds into here....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/21906231

It's happened in drift challenges too which already are a pain in the ass. I'm running the game on an XB1S that functions perfect with other games.

Helios...any idea?

leng jai

This is officially my favourite modern racer now, taking over from DriveClub.

I can't help but be disappointed with the weather though. Imagine DriveClub's weather system in Horizon 3's open world, would be the GOAT.

It's not even just that.

They had gloves in the first one and I thought it really added to the immersion. Especially if you drive mostly in cockpit like I do.

Katoki

Is there a list of all the cars that're convertibles that actually have the top down? I was kind of bummed the S2000 had a hard top but the second gen miata delivers.

Fox Mulder

Character customisation would be good, I'm pretty sure TDU had it back in the day.

You could go shopping for clothes in TDU.

It also had full car interiors you could look around in, you could lower windows and drop a convertible top while in the car. That game had tons of neat shit and came out 10 years ago now.

You could go shopping for clothes in TDU.

It also had full car interiors you could look around in, you could lower windows and drop a convertible top while in the car. That game had tons of neat shit and came out 10 years ago now.

Lowering the windows was a nice touch since you could hear more of the engine when you did that. That would be awesome in this game.

This is my GOTY. Dethroning DOOM / Deus Ex MK.

This game is FREAKING FANTASTIC. Can't believe I'm playing this in 60fps on PC.

Also cross play is so seamless its insane. I can press the Xbox button and open the Xbox app on PC, and access my friends and I'm able to invite them, join on them, etc. That is AWESOME and I don't see it getting enough credit.

I am blown away by this game right now, such a great upgrade from FH2, and an awesome showcase of xbox play anywhere. I'm not having any performance issues, but I know others are. If they iron those out, this game is golden.

I feel like this is the start of something really great on the Xbox platform. The vision is coming together. Can't wait to see Gears 4 on PC and see how crossplay works and whatnot. Very pleased so far!

SlickVic

They should offer some basic customizations for your character like hats, shirts and pants to make them stand out a little bit like the cars ala Test Drive.

DLC?

Haven't bought the game yet, but how much do you get to see your character in-game? I know you see them in the car depending on the camera, but do you get to see them much outside driving?

I'm kind of curious since it's pretty neat you can pick your character. Just wish they added more customization like TDU.

legbone

constant traffic in the drift zones and the performance stutters are the fucking worst thing about the game.

i'll second the traffic in the drift zones. i don't know how many times i have been screwed by traffic. also, whenever i'm taking a run at a speed trap it seems like there is always a car that crosses into my path for a tbone right before i get to the trap. it's like they programmed it that way.

Haven't bought the game yet, but how much do you get to see your character in-game? I know you see them in the car depending on the camera, but do you get to see them much outside driving?

I'm kind of curious since it's pretty neat you can pick your character. Just wish they added more customization like TDU.
Almost never. I think only during barn finds. Sometimes I forget it's my character in the cutscenes.

TheRed

This is my GOTY. Dethroning DOOM / Deus Ex MK.

This game is FREAKING FANTASTIC. Can't believe I'm playing this in 60fps on PC.

Also cross play is so seamless its insane. I can press the Xbox button and open the Xbox app on PC, and access my friends and I'm able to invite them, join on them, etc. That is AWESOME and I don't see it getting enough credit.

I am blown away by this game right now, such a great upgrade from FH2, and an awesome showcase of xbox play anywhere. I'm not having any performance issues, but I know others are. If they iron those out, this game is golden.

I feel like this is the start of something really great on the Xbox platform. The vision is coming together. Can't wait to see Gears 4 on PC and see how crossplay works and whatnot. Very pleased so far!

It is amazing. Cross play can be really special, love it. I can't get 60 fps smooth but 4k 30 fps is great. Love that I can play a Forza game with my brother across the country when we haven't been able to in years because of being in seperate platforms. Looking forward to how Gears of War 4 turns out too.

TheRed

So happy I got the Warthog when I tried the game on xbox one even though Forza Horizon 3 is my first played game on xbox one, haven't even played Halo 5. Loaded up again on PC and there it was, really fun to drive!

Also finally am able to take clear full 4k pictures in drone mode.

Just amazing.
29975259925_545ecc9ac0_o.png

Sorry double post. Shame won't post for while.

Padinn

I ended up refunding it since I was getting a lot of stutters on the PC version (with a high end PC, so boo). Xbox Support people were very cool about it. Will try again once they sort out the kinks.

Spasm

There's got to be some Drivatar shenanigans going on. Yesterday, it bumped me up to Unbeatable, and I was still winning by ~5 seconds every time. Today, I'm getting my ass kicked, even when I go down to my regular setting, Highly Skilled. They're absolutely punishing me.

Not much but if you do replays, photos, or drone you will. Plus the various cutscenes when you upgrade the festivals.

Gloves are really what I would like. It just fits well in the world that they've created and like I said they had it in the first so at some point they thought it made sense.

Katoki

So you don't see them get out of the car after finishing a race even? Doesn't sound very substantial.

They stand outside the car before a race; from what I remember they're looking at their car. Then I remember the waving at nothingness behind the barriers after a race but outside of that... barn finds are the only other instance I can recall too.

Top Bottom