• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

What is this, replay mode? Or drone? Are you controlling the camera?

Found a good looking car while cruising, honked the horn to add car to my cruise, looked for a good stretch of road to blast down through traffic, tried to keep the Audi in front between 10-11 o'clock, used the rewind and watch replay feature to go back after a couple of nice passes, removed the HUD and used the left analogue stick to point the camera directly at the Audi.

freefornow

Playground is using all of the FLOPS. All of them.
1GasvOQ.gif

Crikey!

Klocker

Found a good looking car while cruising, honked the horn to add car to my cruise, looked for a good stretch of road to blast down through traffic, tried to keep the Audi in front between 10-11 o'clock, used the rewind and watch replay feature to go back after a couple of nice passes, removed the HUD and used the left analogue stick to point the camera directly at the Audi.

oh so in other words.... magic

Fox Mulder

This was the easiest drive on all roads of the three games, despite it having some short disconnected off road bits that don't show well on the map.

Ghazi

I don't play racing games but I picked this one up, are there any good resources for learning how to get around corners better?

Strider

They really should allow you to back out between online championships rather than having to wait through the voting and car select process.

robotrock

Banned
I don't play racing games but I picked this one up, are there any good resources for learning how to get around corners better?
First Forza game for me too, these tips helped me out:
Brake, steer, don't accelerate just let it roll while steering and while rolling out of the corner slowly accelerate again.

Brake before turning.

I'm assuming you are just keeping accelerate locked down at all times? Gotta learn to let off gas and feather or push brake while cornering until through the turn before hitting accelerate again. You'll get the feel for it and will likely go very slow while learning(the driving line helps to signal braking and gas) but with a bit of practice you will get the feel.

I recommend buying a hatchback and spending time practicing as they handle quite nicely and will let you acclimate far better than muscle or superfast missile cars.

Ecto311

For me it depends on the corner but if its tight break in the straight line before it and tap the ebrake button in the middle of it gassing out of it. If it is wide just let off the gas as you go into it.

It needs some fine tuning depending on the track and all but that works best to me in this game and in real life. Letting off the gas lets you get back some traction. Works amazingly well in colorado snow on the interstate.

Ullus

Would be nice if they added a option to enable arrows on the mini-map showing where other players are in co-op mode.

First (non-Mario)racing game I've brought since burnout lol. I stink at racing, but this game has won me over. Driving around with a ghastly on the side of my spec-r

So still no Warthog for me...

I redeemed the code the other day.

Nothing in my Gift Box (The only message I had was my Forza Rewards money)

I'm not seeing it in the Autoshow list.

Strange. Mine just popped up in my garage.

Megasoum

Banned

Ghazi

Are you on PC? Apparently the code only unlocks it early for console players.

For me it depends on the corner but if its tight break in the straight line before it and tap the ebrake button in the middle of it gassing out of it. If it is wide just let off the gas as you go into it.

It needs some fine tuning depending on the track and all but that works best to me in this game and in real life. Letting off the gas lets you get back some traction. Works amazingly well in colorado snow on the interstate.

First Forza game for me too, these tips helped me out:
Thanks, I've tried turning corners like this but maybe I'm not braking enough. I'll have to practice a bit more.

Some of these skill challenges are a bit off in difficulty.

The Bowler score 50K in 2 minutes is listed as Hard?

The landscape they give you to do it in, makes it a breeze.

4YGTbtH.gif

Strider

Just did the games - online adventure playlist for the first time... Pretty fun. Don't love it but it's a neat extra mode to do every now and then and it's a good thing you have that opportunity to mix things up every once in a while.

This game is so great.

Mine hasn't shown up either. I redeemed the code when they were first sent out and played on both PC and Xbox. I tried doing the bucket list race with it on both as well and no dice.

Mohasus

Thanks, I've tried turning corners like this but maybe I'm not braking enough. I'll have to practice a bit more.

I really recommend turning off ABS. Yes, that is supposed to help, but the downside is that it increases your braking distance.

Playing with it off is pretty simple, just find the spot that you can press as much before locking the wheels.

HelloM0f0

Neo Member
Mine hasn't shown up either. I redeemed the code when they were first sent out and played on both PC and Xbox. I tried doing the bucket list race with it on both as well and no dice.

Same :( I redeemed the code last week...still no warthog. Super weird how it worked fine for some people and not others.

StMeph

As someone interested in the game, is there anything in the Deluxe or Ultimate edition actually worth getting, or should I just stick with the default? I haven't played Forzas before, so I am not familiar with what their content drops are like.

GHG

Is there any way to access the auction house other than by booting up the game? No companion app or web access?

Come on Playground/Turn 10, I want to be able to do my wheeling and dealing while doing other things.

Dominator

Some of these skill challenges are a bit off in difficulty.

The Bowler score 50K in 2 minutes is listed as Hard?

The landscape they give you to do it in, makes it a breeze.

4YGTbtH.gif
How did that flip not break your skill chain? Happens every single time I accidentally flip.

tuna_love

Banned
Is there any way to access the auction house other than by booting up the game? No companion app or web access?

Come on Playground/Turn 10, I want to be able to do my wheeling and dealing while doing other things.

this is what i was thinking all day
on pc you get notifications when rivals beat your times, pretty cool

Can one of you send me an invite to the in-game club please?! Too busy hooning around to unlock the club part 😸

GT: SillySinStorm

Thanks!

Has there been any workaround for the Warthog not showing up after redeeming the code?

Entered it on PC but I haven't seen a message in game or anything.

Top Bottom