• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

peteeM

So, so good. I imagine the first expansion will be Porsche as seems typical in these games, but really hoping the more "substantial" expansion this time around is just that -- quite substantial. Rally (Horizon 1) and Storm Island (Horizon 2) were both great but I do want whatever this one ends up being to be bigger and better than ever before. :D

Seeing as how both expansions are $20 this time, I sure hope we get more than just cars with the Porsche one.

pringles

They really should allow you to back out between online championships rather than having to wait through the voting and car select process.
The entire online experience is really lacking some much needed options. Like I have no idea what kind of championship I'm coming into the middle of, so often I'll be stuck with a racecar for offroad races since you can't change it. I also think you should be able to run other things than XP championships.

Tecnniqe

Banned
When you're on your 2/2 lap with 3x300k skill score and the game just closes with no error
john-lackey.gif

peteeM

The entire online experience is really lacking some much needed options. Like I have no idea what kind of championship I'm coming into the middle of, so often I'll be stuck with a racecar for offroad races since you can't change it. I also think you should be able to run other things than XP championships.

Online part of the game definitely needs some work.
I really don't like the XP Championships, just played one where I got 1st three times, 2nd once and I finished 3rd overall. What the hell?

Can you play this game and place well without requiring a lot of car tuning ?

I want to play it more as an arcade racer then a simulation .

polychron

So I've been playing on PC and really enjoying it so far, or at least I was until today.

I got to the barn find where you get the
Mad Max Interceptor
, and the guy gets all gushy about how amazing it is and how I 'need to give him a minute'.

Apparently an Australian minute is far longer than we have in the UK, because it's been hanging there for a good 5 minutes with him not saying anything and everyone running their idle animations, and I can't get past it. This has happened all three times I've tried to collect this barn find, quitting and reloading doesn't prevent the softlock.

Have people come across this, and are there any known solutions? I'd love to actually drive that car, so it pains me to just leave it in the barn because of a bug...

witness

The AI performance index scales to whatever your car is, which is fantastic. I usually do very little power upgrades. I prefer to upgrade the tires and make them a bit wider, drivetrain upgrades, and suspension upgrades. I don't like to change a cars "character" too much from the factory unless the car is way underpowered for it like a GT86, Torana, or Mustang King Cobra. Even then I'll only upgrade one or two classes. I typically don't bring a car past A with most being a B class.

With the play anywhere stuff, is it possible for myself to play this on the PC on my XBL account, and my fiancé to play on the Xbox on her account, so that we can do co-op together?

polychron

Update to my earlier post:

Left it going for 20 minutes, nothing changed, so I alt tabbed and started watching stuff on youtube. 5 minutes later, alt-tab back in and... I'm on the pause screen? No idea what element of that made it work and get past the cutscene, but I thought I'd say in case anyone has the same issue.

m23

Didnt really find an answer to the screenshot thing. Where do the photo mode pictures save too? Not DVR pictures, the in game photo app. And if I dont upload them, then they dont go to forzamotorsport.net, but they save to my PC somewhere right?

Although I'm not playing on PC, I don't think the pictures get saved anywhere unless you choose to share them when using the in game screenshot feature.

I may be mistaken.

I'm playing on the Xbox and this freaking game has frozen up on me 4 GODDAMNED TIMES. It happens at the same location every time when I'm on my way to unlocking the second festival beat the airfield. Anybody else have this maddening problem? It's rendering the game unplayable for me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Goliath takes another few victims.

keu1Crn.png

With the play anywhere stuff, is it possible for myself to play this on the PC on my XBL account, and my fiancé to play on the Xbox on her account, so that we can do co-op together?

Should work, I tried the PC version last night while I was still logged in on the XB1 so when it said it would sign me out on XB1 I just used my dads account on the PC and it allowed me to carry on playing the game on both systems.

danowat

Banned
The AI performance index scales to whatever your car is, which is fantastic. I usually do very little power upgrades. I prefer to upgrade the tires and make them a bit wider, drivetrain upgrades, and suspension upgrades. I don't like to change a cars "character" too much from the factory unless the car is way underpowered for it like a GT86, Torana, or Mustang King Cobra. Even then I'll only upgrade one or two classes. I typically don't bring a car past A with most being a B class.

It's very possible to play it without almost any tuning at all, I generally leave most of my cars stock, and don't have much of an issue on unbeatable difficulty.

Sordid

Drivatars are still as unpredictable as ever. Did a lap of the Goliath track with expert drivatars and 2 drivatars kinda kept up with me but I stayed ahead pretty comfortably. Dropped them down to inexperienced for the next Goliath race I did and 2 of them were right up my arse for the whole race. Nudged me a few times ruining my skill scores and I almost lost the race to them when they passed me near the end 😂

It was sweaty as fuck haha, was an awesome competition but it was horrible for getting XP!

Yeah! It's really flexible with that stuff. I like to do the upgrades manually, but I don't touch that tuning menu. Everytime I click on it, to try to mess with it, my eyes just kind of glaze over and I back out.

I usually go that way in Forza but on pro difficulty its hard to keep pace if I dont upgrade the engine. When I do my non engine tunes Im in 8th-10th but when I do a power build im 1st-3rd.

zorbsie

Really love the blueprint feature in the game. I finished up all the exhibition races yesterday. Ended up doing a bunch of Desu's races. Going out on a limb here but I think Desu might like Imprezas a little bit. :)
Always picked the Evo ;)

Things I wish they could add to the game:
-A list of my blueprints, especially the bucket list blueprints.
-I would love some metrics on them. How many people tried/failed/passed
-Wish there was a way to edit a race blueprint. My track toys race in the city doesn't have many fans. I would really like to change the car class on that one.

Scrawnton

Played this game last night in HDR and it's gonna be very hard to go back to non HDR gaming. Everything just pops and sticks out so well and looks much better for me.

desu

Really love the blueprint feature in the game. I finished up all the exhibition races yesterday. Ended up doing a bunch of Desu's races. Going out on a limb here but I think Desu might like Imprezas a little bit. :)
Always picked the Evo ;)

I never thought anyone would play them to be honest, but I really love to drive the Impreza. I also agree that the blue print feature could be expanded a lot.

Best part are the custom names, I always love going through the available blueprints to see some hilarious names there.

Top Bottom