• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is there a way to change the weather cycles in the game? As in, make it so that it never rains? I know in custom events you can, but in the open-world portion? Also, are there ways to reduce the number of cars on the road in general? Super annoying to be speeding along, having a great beat in the background, watching the sunset, and you run into heavy traffic for no apparent or meaningful reason :/. Really kills the flow and spirit of the game.

danowat

Banned
There's an option in the Autoshow called 'Upgrade Heroes', which all have plenty of modifications. There's also a few more cars that come with substantial modification options but you have to find them out for yourself!

Yeah, I saw that tab, but didn't know what it was about!

Iceman829

can someone explain blueprints to me?

so route blueprints. Are these just for me? Do my friends show up here? If i make one, when my friend comes to this route, will he see mine?

bucket list blueprints. where do they 'go' in menus? I sent 4 to a friend. he got none of them. I cant find a menu to list the ones ive made. They seem to still be on the map when i drive near them. Does he have to get to a certain point in the game? Do I always have to "send" blueprints in order for friends to see them?

Blueprints are places you can design your own race with any specifications you want within the limits of selections. Once you create a blueprint at a location other friends should be able to see "The Jackdog Presents" in addition to "Horizon Presents" at these locations. Perhaps your friend isn't as far into the game as you or hasn't leveled up the festival locations as you have. If I'm level 5 in the Outback and you are level 2 I have more items on my map. You shouldn't have to send out the blueprints. I've seen friends blueprints show up since the first day.

Bucket List is the same as the race ones except you create a challenge for people to try and beat. Some people create easy ones (beat my jump of 14ft) and others take them a bit more seriously. Have fun with it.

If your friend isn't seeing them compare your festival locations. It can be as simple as they just need to rank up a location to unlock the challenges you created in that area.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
can someone explain blueprints to me?

so route blueprints. Are these just for me? Do my friends show up here? If i make one, when my friend comes to this route, will he see mine?

bucket list blueprints. where do they do? I sent 4 to a friend. he got none of them. I cant find a menu to list the ones ive made. They seem to still be on the map when i drive near them. Does he have to get to a certain point in the game? Do I always have to "send" blueprints in order for friends to see them?

I believe they are limited just to friends, I've only seen blueprints from people on my friends list.

As far as blueprints, I drove up to one and saw a friend's while I was creating my own, it showed his at that certain location.

danowat

Banned
I believe they are limited just to friends, I've only seen blueprints from people on my friends list.

As far as blueprints, I drove up to one and saw a friend's while I was creating my own, it showed his at that certain location.

I don't think that's correct, I've seen blueprints from people not on my friends list's show up.

Lettuce

Got my Rocket Bunny M3. ;D

MX84ZTb.gif

Is that using a drone?

Is there a way you can get the drone to match speed of vehicle your directly looking at??

tayls129

So...I had the game unlock at midnight on Tuesday. Only interested in the PC version, and had to have it download and authenticate via the Windows Store. Upon trying to start the game, it would load the intro Playground Games logo animation, then crash without an error message or anything.

So I wait 24 hours, and went back to trying to get it to start again. Same thing. Finally called support and just said I wanted a refund. They gave me the speech about how "we can do it, but only once a year." I get that if I didn't like the game. But when Microsoft decided not to release this game via Steam and instead use their bizarre DRM directly from the store that now stops the game from running (I'm assuming that's the issue), I really don't think this should count towards the "do not like" limit for returns on digital goods.

I WANT THE GAME. It just doesn't work and I'm not paying the full price to play it on day one only to have the engineers try to figure out this widespread issue. I'll buy it at half price when it's fixed and on sale.

Over 400 games from Steam all run without an issue. ONE from the Windows Store mysteriously just wouldn't start. Never again. Hope the rest of you enjoy the game...

If I have a friend who wants to see how it runs on his pc , can I buy the Xbox one version and when not playing allow him to login to the win10 store and try the pc version as me ?

Would it matter we are in different countries ? I understand if he is playing I can't play at the same time , I have no interest in the pc version myself and it would only be to allow him to try it before he goes and buys the full version .

BearPawB

Banned
So...I had the game unlock at midnight on Tuesday. Only interested in the PC version, and had to have it download and authenticate via the Windows Store. Upon trying to start the game, it would load the intro Playground Games logo animation, then crash without an error message or anything.

So I wait 24 hours, and went back to trying to get it to start again. Same thing. Finally called support and just said I wanted a refund. They gave me the speech about how "we can do it, but only once a year." I get that if I didn't like the game. But when Microsoft decided not to release this game via Steam and instead use their bizarre DRM directly from the store that now stops the game from running (I'm assuming that's the issue), I really don't think this should count towards the "do not like" limit for returns on digital goods.

I WANT THE GAME. It just doesn't work and I'm not paying the full price to play it on day one only to have the engineers try to figure out this widespread issue. I'll buy it at half price when it's fixed and on sale.

Over 400 games from Steam all run without an issue. ONE from the Windows Store mysteriously just wouldn't start. Never again. Hope the rest of you enjoy the game...

i had the same problem,
I ended up having to clear 60 gigs of space on my ssd and reinstalled it there and it worked.

I think maybe i had a messed up installation, and even when i deleted all trace of forza, it would redownload with some error, so I had to reinstall it on another drive

That's a known issue. You have Avast Antivirus, don't you? Uninstall that or put it in passive mode and it'll work. That's what I had to do.

that isn't true.
I had absolutely no antivirus on my system and still had the problem

Huh. That's odd. The vast majority of people with that problem had Avast and had to uninstall it to get it to work. I've also heard of it happening to folks with certain headsets plugged in.

Actual

So, I'm still pretty early in the game, having just unlocked my second festival site, but there's something I don't really understand.

Are the race events always set up for your current car? Like, could I complete all of the race events in a single car?

For example, when I got into a Camaro, the race events were "Classic Muscle". When I switched to another car, the event changed.

Mortster

Neo Member
Does anyone actually know for certain if the single digital copy, played simultaneously on the XBone (with a separate account, master account set against home console) and PC works ? I intend to play Coop with my son, him on the XBone and me on PC.

Does anyone actually know for certain if the single digital copy, played simultaneously on the XBone (with a separate account, master account set against home console) and PC works ? I intend to play Coop with my son, him on the XBone and me on PC.

I'll tell you tonight. Going to give this a try with my fiancé.

danowat

Banned
So, I'm still pretty early in the game, having just unlocked my second festival site, but there's something I don't really understand.

Are the race events always set up for your current car? Like, could I complete all of the race events in a single car?

For example, when I got into a Camaro, the race events were "Classic Muscle". When I switched to another car, the event changed.

I believe they are until you get to a certain point when you can make the events to suit whatever car/s you want.

Actual

I believe they are until you get to a certain point when you can make the events to suit whatever car/s you want.

So, theoretically, I could complete all the normal race events with a single car? Aside from Bucket Lists and Showcases and all that.

tayls129

That's a known issue. You have Avast Antivirus, don't you? Uninstall that or put it in passive mode and it'll work. That's what I had to do.

Nope, no antivirus running or installed. I tried a lot of "solutions" I saw on the Forza forums, nothing worked.

I guess my point is that, if Microsoft thinks releasing these games via the Windows Store but you can't have an antivirus running, or a controller plugged in, or be breathing while it runs or whatever else the solutions are, that's not going to work. They need to understand that.

Iceman829

Just a few things I've noticed the past couple of days playing and maybe a few reminders

The club is set to open currently. You can join as soon as you unlock it in the game. There were about 400/1000 members last night so don't worry there is space for you. Once the tab is unlocked just search "GAF" and you can join in. After the 2 week period the mods for the club will clean out anyone not on the spreadsheet linked in the OP. Make sure you add yourself if you haven't done so already.

Check out the co-op campaign (2-4 players). You can race together with some buddies or fellow gaffers to beat the drivatars. If you are playing in a friends game that is further along in the story you will still get credit for all of the races you complete. When you get around to unlocking them in the game it will show up as completed. You can also do showcase events together. Bucket list challenges are 2 player only. Watch out for what vehicle you chose as it also impacts the drivatars selection. I selected a high powered race car one round when everyone else had a more reasonable selection and we lost the round because I lost to the other cars in my class (my bad dudes).

Online racing can be more rewarding with a group. If you are racing online in a party with friends and/or club members you will get xp bonuses. There are separate bonuses for "party" and "club". I'm not too sure if they stack up if more people are in the party(I'm sure someone knows this), but every little bit of extra xp helps and the parties have been a blast to be in.

m23

I think it depends on the event. I've had a couple events where my current car wasn't suited for the race. I chose the event created by playground and was asked to choose a different car.

You can however choose a different blueprint created by someone else, not by playground. That isn't always a good idea though because you'll end up using whatever your current car is on a track where it's not fun at all. An example was when I chose to use a hatchback on a track which was clearly made for offroad vehicles. Half the track was in water, it was pretty frustrating.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is that using a drone?

Is there a way you can get the drone to match speed of vehicle your directly looking at??

Use action rewind a few times (Y) then select replay for free roam. Once done go to Camera Type and choose Pan Across, using X cycle through a dozen angles.

Results

giphy.gif

Vuze

Make sure the license holder is the one to own the Xbox and set it to home. That same account has to be the one to play on PC and be sure it's not logged into the Xbox.
Ah, I guess that might've been the problem. Atleast I didn't log out or anything.
Thanks for the reply!

Guerrilla

Ok I'm finally downloading this, how many percent do you have to have to start playing? I'm at 29% now and it'll take like 1,5-2h till its finished:/

Fox Mulder

Thanks.
That's super weird to me, coming from Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6.

Plus the campaign doesnt require you to win anything but showcase events to progress, as you earn fans for everything.

I don't like this campaign after the last two games, but love the game.

GHG

The Jaguar.

Lies.

I bought the Jag yesterday for that race and it was horrible. Twitchy as fuck and it didn't have a high enough top speed to keep up with the other cars in the S1 class on the longer stretches.

The Dodge Viper and the Ford GT are the best HE cars for that race by an absolute mile.

Tried to make a license plate say "Rule 34", got a lecture from Warren about my dedication to profanity.

Yeah, I saw that tab, but didn't know what it was about!

Just pre-selected mods & tuning to produce iconic modified cars. The one for the Camaro sticks a blown 427 in it and huge rear tires on jacked rear suspension, along with the visual mod of the blower and butterfly intake sticking out of the hood.

All of which you can do yourself.

Cyanity

Banned
Bought a 2015 corvette and souped it up to a 941 rating. Thing is so fast that it spins out if I slam on the gas. Way too fun

peteeM

Lies.

I bought the Jag yesterday for that race and it was horrible. Twitchy as fuck and it didn't have a high enough top speed to keep up with the other cars in the S1 class on the longer stretches.

The Dodge Viper and the Ford GT are the best HE cars for that race by an absolute mile.

But you want a car with the XP Boost for that race.
That leaves you with either the Jaguar, Subaru or Mustang and out of those the Jag is the fastest.

Top Bottom