• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

KRaZyAmmo

Despite having horrible fps on my laptop. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. This game gave me such joy that i can't help but smile.

GHG

But you want a car with the XP Boost for that race.
That leaves you with either the Jaguar, Subaru or Mustang and out of those the Jag is the fastest.

True but the credit boost you get fron the cars I mentioned isn't too shabby either.

Bear in mind I play with rewind turned off so whatever car I chose needs to feel planted, even at high speeds.

Cyanity

Banned
What's everyone's favorite "all around" car? I'm looking for something that can do a mix of street and offroad but don't really have much time in the game or experience upgrading cars.

Iceman829

What's everyone's favorite "all around" car? I'm looking for something that can do a mix of street and offroad but don't really have much time in the game or experience upgrading cars.

The Audi Sport Quattro. I like it so far and it sounds great. I have some other favorites, but that one seems great at whatever I throw at it.

Noobcraft

Lies.

I bought the Jag yesterday for that race and it was horrible. Twitchy as fuck and it didn't have a high enough top speed to keep up with the other cars in the S1 class on the longer stretches.

The Dodge Viper and the Ford GT are the best HE cars for that race by an absolute mile.
Absolutely not. The those cars don't give xp boosts so it's a waste of time. The Jaguar with AWD, Twin turbos, and a race diff added on is far superior to either of the cars you listed.

Not only will it give you significantly more XP, but the rewards spins you get for leveling up a ton from the race will net you more credits than a credit boosting HE car would.

get the 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR and do an auto upgrade to S2.

psychotron

Getting a lot more hitching today on XB1. About 7 times in 45 min. Really getting annoying. Tried moving the game from internal to external and vice versa, as well as a full reboot.

Happens after the 20 second mark here....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/21906159

Happens about 25 seconds into here....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/21906231

It's happened in drift challenges too which already are a pain in the ass. I'm running the game on an XB1S that functions perfect with other games.

Helios...any idea?

Anyone else with these issues? I saw people complaining on a few other sites....it's just driving me nuts. The game was fine for the first few hours, then it suddenly developed this random hitching. It happens mostly in free roam, and has happened during drifting challenges too. It's a real bummer because I'm loving the game besides this issue, which is triggering my OCD, lol.

Noobcraft

Anyone else with these issues? I saw people complaining on a few other sites....it's just driving me nuts. The game was fine for the first few hours, then it suddenly developed this random hitching. It happens mostly in free roam, and has happened during drifting challenges too. It's a real bummer because I'm loving the game besides this issue, which is triggering my OCD, lol.
I haven't encountered any gameplay hitching in my 10+ hours of gameplay on XB1. I have the game installed on my SSD though.

Stevey

I'm getting the same problem, was fine for a few hours, now get that hitch every so often.

Iceman829

No issues minus a 1 time freeze at a barn loading screen thus far on xb1. My game is installed on an external hdd. Have you tried hard resetting your console? (power down, unplug for 30 seconds and then reboot it) At the end of the day the xb1 is a windows machine and you sometimes need to power cycle it to get all the kinks out.

Bravoexo

Could something be downloading/installing in the background? Dashboard preview stealth preload perhaps.

Anyone have the photomode problem of not being able to save on xb1?

Chorazin

Got my Amazon pre-order car yesterday and my Warthog, I'm a happy camper. Warthog is a beast for driving around looking for barns and signs.

I went through the Upgrade Heroes list, saw the Alfa 155 *-*
...looked at the liveries to see if it would be the bodykit I thought it would be and it totally WAS! The DTM 1993 one (FM6 had the front skirt and the spoiler already)

But it still only does a little over 8,000RPM and not the almost 12,000 the real DTM car did, even though the FH3 upgrade hero version comes with the same hp and displacement as the DTM version. It just has too much torque and of course doesn't sound like this at only 2/3 of the rev range. :/

witness

Probably my Focus RS would be my favorite at both on the street and off road. I just slight upgraded the suspension and made the tires a bit wider. Doesn't really need anything more for me to find it fun.

Though my 2014 Ford Falcon GT F 351, with minor tweaks and kept as A class, and Holden Torana, supercharged and upgraded to B class, are still favorite cars in the game overall.

Fox Mulder

Lies.

I bought the Jag yesterday for that race and it was horrible. Twitchy as fuck and it didn't have a high enough top speed to keep up with the other cars in the S1 class on the longer stretches.

Wrong.

You tune the jag and upgrade to AWD and it can hit like 255 on straights and has plenty of grip.

ghibli99

PC issues aside, this game is damn-near perfect (I'm playing on XB1S now). Love the GPS update (every open-worlder should have something like this, seriously), race variety is fun/exciting, the world is beautiful, radio stations seem much improved over FH2, and progression feels tight. Every minute feels fun.

psychotron

No issues minus a 1 time freeze at a barn loading screen thus far on xb1. My game is installed on an external hdd. Have you tried hard resetting your console? (power down, unplug for 30 seconds and then reboot it) At the end of the day the xb1 is a windows machine and you sometimes need to power cycle it to get all the kinks out.

Yeah, I tried it. Didn't help. I swear this started when I unlocked Groove Music, lol.

shandy706

I'd recommend one of the natural rally (4 wheel drive) cars, or an off-road vehicle.

I'm hoping I can tune my Audi from the other thread...

forzahorizon39_27_2010cs29.png

...to handle better offroad. It's a beast on the asphalt, but can get really loose offroad.

legbone

i've got a corvette (newest one, i think it's yellow in the autoshow pic) that does pretty well with whatever the auto upgrade gives you the max rating at S1 (if i remember right). it does good offroad for me. i have heard the mustang 302 boss (i think that it) is good as well. i have a ferrari 458 i like when i'm not going offroad much.

terrible

Banned
Lies.

The Dodge Viper and the Ford GT are the best HE cars for that race by an absolute mile.

Mine is AWD and tops out at like 243MPH. It understeers like a pig but it's very far from twitchy.

Lies.

If you don't tune/modify it... I just swap it to 4WD, add some downforce and done, Goliath ~11min with stability and good speed (~330kmh at S1 900).

terrible

Banned
I went through the Upgrade Heroes list, saw the Alfa 155 *-*
...looked at the liveries to see if it would be the bodykit I thought it would be and it totally WAS! The DTM 1993 one (FM6 had the front skirt and the spoiler already)

But it still only does a little over 8,000RPM and not the almost 12,000 the real DTM car did, even though the FH3 upgrade hero version comes with the same hp and displacement as the DTM version. It just has too much torque and of course doesn't sound like this at only 2/3 of the rev range. :/

Yep, it's awesome that they added the kit but the sound is way off and its performance is off. I still like it though.

Ultimadrago

Are there a lot of racing newbies or people that don't usually play race sims getting into this?

I watched Easy Allies review and I think it might have sold me. Just wanted to get an impression from others light on the genre.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'd recommend one of the natural rally (4 wheel drive) cars, or an off-road vehicle.

I'm hoping I can tune my Audi from the other thread...

forzahorizon39_27_2010cs29.png

...to handle better offroad. It's a beast on the asphalt, but can get really loose offroad.

Been throwing that around the races, suprised how well it handles off road.

Noobcraft

Are there a lot of racing newbies or people that don't usually play race sims getting into this?

I watched Easy Allies review and I think it might have sold me. Just wanted to get an impression from others light on the genre.
The biggest hurdle for newcomers to racers in general is going to be the handling model. It's not your typical arcade racer, and it does take some technique to approach corners appropriately, but it does have a driving line to help out with braking and a rewind feature to minimize frustration.

Source: watching my wife try to play FH2.

mdsfx

this game.. this is the game.
My 5-year-old son has been so excited for it (so have I). I let him start the game from the beginning yesterday and, after screaming cries of joy as he took over control of the Lamborghini, he actually peed his pants a bit a few minutes in. Not even kidding. He's way beyond potty training too, but as you said... "this game."

kudoboi

why are the car cockpit units so varied? some cars uses mph while others uses km/h. They should just stick to one unit tbh. For example the mclaren 570S uses km/h while the other mclarens uses mph.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My 5-year-old son has been so excited for it (so have I). I let him start the game from the beginning yesterday and, after screaming cries of joy as he took over control of the Lamborghini, he actually peed his pants a bit a few minutes in. Not even kidding. He's way beyond potty training too, but as you said... "this game."

Lol.

Forza Horizon OT2: It's pants wettin' good!

Chorazin

It's not a sim, so get that out of your head. You can MAKE it feel like a sim but it's an arcade racer at heart. You can play the whole game without tuning a single car, or just use the auto-upgrade option.

My GF doesn't play racing games but loves just driving around the open world doing whatever. Like, for hours at a time. Gets me lots of skill points!

Can you not download games from the Xbox app to your Xbox like with ps4? I'm trying to download the game from the app but it just says "play on Xbox". It's definitely not on the HDD

With the default settings, it's a pretty damn arcadey racer. You have to break for turns, yes, but you'll have an assist line telling you when to do that (as well as traction and braking assists) and honestly, if you're playing on lower difficulty levels, you can just turn by smashing into the cars ahead of you. Every aspect of the game is customizable, so you should be able to make it as arcadey or sim-like as you want. Oh, and if you miss a turn, you have a rewind button. A goddamn rewind button! Hah.

That really is one of the great things about this game - it lets you play it as you want, you're always progressing in some manner, even if you're just driving around the world or placing poorly in races. You'll constantly be leveling up/getting new rides/new events, etc.

It's the perfect racing game to just pick up and do whatever you want in.

Top Bottom