• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Hip Hop

holy crap

just bought my first wheelspin for 50,000 cr and got a 2008 Viper SRT10 HE on it.

There goes my need to save up credits and buy one!

EDIT: I can upgrade it and there won't be any issues, right? It will always have the boost?

GHG

holy crap

just bought my first wheelspin for 50,000 cr and got a 2008 Viper SRT10 HE on it.

There goes my need to save up credits and buy one!

EDIT: I can upgrade it and there won't be any issues, right? It will always have the boost?

Wait what? You can buy wheel spins using credits? How?

And yes you can do what you want with it and it will always gave the credit boost. Enjoy it, one of my favourite cars in the game.

zorbsie

Am I doing this right? Seems a bit grainy.
wnKLo9e.gif

Wait what? You can buy wheel spins using credits? How?.
It's a perk you unlock later on. One of my favourite perks.

Hip Hop

Wait what? You can buy wheel spins using credits? How?

And yes you can do what you want with it and it will always gave the credit boost. Enjoy it, one of my favourite cars in the game.

Nice! I'll go ahead and upgrade it.

and yeah, it's last on the skill tree to the top right of the "Festival Boss" tab.

every spin is 50,000 cr.

neurophd

Can you continue to have your car move in drone mode? I feel like I am seeing videos doing this, but my car stops whenever I enter the mode.

Is it me or are the drivatars completely broken? Even on the easiest setting I still get one or two right on my ass during a race and I'm not a bad driver.

I think the is something off with the difficulty. Forza Motorsport has always had problems with the AI being fast on one track and slow on the next. Sometimes by corner, usually fast sweeping ones.

I think I've won two of the races before I started to experiment. I like to buy a car and keep it stock, I buy cars I'd like to own. I find the problem with a lot of stock cars is their representation of speed is wrong. An NSX, R32 GTR and a 205 T16 are all quick to launch. However in Forza Horizon they don't launch well at all. For instance, the Horizon Edition Mustang Boss, it's A800. It has loads of power, and if you hold the trigger it launches with tyre squealing and smoke aplenty. Try the same with the 205 T16 and the tyres 'cheep' once and the revs die, you're not letting off the gas, they just die - FM6 did the same.

When you're on the higher difficulties and not in a car that's at the top of the PI often the race is lost on the launch, and if you can't launch you can't win.

I also find problems with the PI matching. The 205 T16 has a PI rating B603. If I launch ok, which seems to be about 6k revs I can make it to about 9-10th place when I reach the right hander before it goes along the bridge section on the Coalcliff Drag race.

In this race, the 205 is the lowest rank vehicle, the rest are 640-699. If I add parts that help it accelerate quicker and perhaps bog down less, which moves the PI to 654 I can get to circa 6th by the first corner in the same race. I finished 4th, 3 seconds behind 1st and on the tail of 3rd. If I took a couple of corners better I could have won it.

With the HR Mustang Boss I can be in 1st and never see anyone again by the same corner on the highest difficulty.

What I've also found is that sometimes the AI is just abnormally quick. I bought an Isetta, I did a class specific race in Byron Bay, dropped to 12th immediately, didn't see anyone again. It tops out at 55mph, but the others seemed much faster than me. If I lowered the difficulty to around average/above average, the AI had less power and I could catch them.

I'm not saying I want to win every race, but if I pick a stock NSX or 205 T16 I'd like a fair selection of AI cars.

DirtyLarry

Jesus, is it just me or is the HE Ford GT impossible to drive? Can't handle it with a controller.
It is currently my go to car, love it. It takes a little while to get used to the handling but now that I am, I feel in full control. I am finally getting 3 stars on all the speed challenges as well.

Fox Mulder

I set up a Blueprint of it. 3 laps in my Subaru XP boost car (averaging about 12:10 per lap). At the end of the race I leveled up 14 (!) times. That race is so goddamn fun.
Better than the final showcase if you ask me!

The race around the map was the finale in the last two games. I like the presentation of the showcase events, but I was let down the campaign just ended with one.

I wiuldnt have even noticed the Goliath race buried under tons of events if i hadn't read about it here.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Oh my god. Hilarious. I bought the Centenario and upgraded it to X999. The Street Races are a piece of cake with this car(Pro difficulty, I'm gonna try Unbeatable next). Drivatars are a mix of S1, S2 and X cars. They have no chance. This car launches right into first place before the first bend.

I believe it's physically impossible to play this game without a grin on your face
I have to agree. I finally spent some time with this (3 hours to be exact) and I couldn't stop smiling. This game, much like the first two, is just fun. I knew I could count on this game to provide that fun that video games can. I just finished the train race event and upgraded my Outback Festival to Level 3. Going to do my first Championship later.

Although I was wondering if anyone has had issues with achievements not unlocking? I'm pretty sure I have two that have yet to pop.

I have to agree. I finally spent some time with this (3 hours to be exact) and I couldn't stop smiling. This game, much like the first two, is just fun. I knew I could count on this game to provide that fun that video games can. I just finished the train race event and upgraded my Outback Festival to Level 3. Going to do my first Championship later.

Although I was wondering if anyone has had issues with achievements not unlocking? I'm pretty sure I have two that have yet to pop.

PC or console.

ultrazilla

Guys I have a problem.

I bought the Ultimate Edition for Xbox One at Gamestop via code as I had a good amount of trade ins which covered the entire purchase. :)

Anyways, I entered the code on the Xbox One store and it successfully took the code and said I own Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition.

The problem is I can't find the base game to install that says "Ultimate Edition" on it. I did dl and install all the other add ons.

I *did* have the demo and suspect that instead of deleting the demo, that the codes would have just unlocked the demo giving me full access. Is that correct?

Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on. I even tried to reboot my Xbox One but still couldn't find it.

So I'm currently re-downloading the demo thinking it will simply become "unlocked".

Any other help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Guys I have a problem.

I bought the Ultimate Edition for Xbox One at Gamestop via code as I had a good amount of trade ins which covered the entire purchase. :)

Anyways, I entered the code on the Xbox One store and it successfully took the code and said I own Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition.

The problem is I can't find the base game to install that says "Ultimate Edition" on it. I did dl and install all the other add ons.

I *did* have the demo and suspect that instead of deleting the demo, that the codes would have just unlocked the demo giving me full access. Is that correct?

Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on. I even tried to reboot my Xbox One but still couldn't find it.

So I'm currently re-downloading the demo thinking it will simply become "unlocked".

You download the regular base game. And it'll also let you add the extras such as VIP, Car Packs etc.

jesu

Guys I have a problem.

Either in your ready to install list or in the store.
Mine doesn't say Ultimate Edition anywhere btw.

Top Bottom