• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Bessy67

Finally got it today but the game won't install. It starts installing for a bit then just goes to "queued" status. This does happen with other games but usually they prompt me to download an update which is not happening with Horizon 3. Any suggestions other than the usual cold boot?

LoveCake

Guys I have a problem.

I bought the Ultimate Edition for Xbox One at Gamestop via code as I had a good amount of trade ins which covered the entire purchase. :)

Anyways, I entered the code on the Xbox One store and it successfully took the code and said I own Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition.

The problem is I can't find the base game to install that says "Ultimate Edition" on it. I did dl and install all the other add ons.

I *did* have the demo and suspect that instead of deleting the demo, that the codes would have just unlocked the demo giving me full access. Is that correct?

Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on. I even tried to reboot my Xbox One but still couldn't find it.

So I'm currently re-downloading the demo thinking it will simply become "unlocked".

Any other help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

I pre-ordered the digital version on X1 a few months back, I have a UE tab/icon on my dashboard that is gold/yellow but when I click on it shows up a error, when the game pre-loaded a couple of weeks before release I had the 'normal' FH3 grey/blue tab/icon and clicking on that takes me into the game, and installed with this as 'extras' are the VIP pass and cars, two car packs and the season pass.

To get the VIP cars and also car packs you will have to go to a festival and 'get' them and click to add each "free car" (you only get the car free once).

I have Forza MotorSport 6 UE digital on X1 and it is the same the icon is the normal looking icon.

Just make sure you have the extra content installed (passes/DLC) and have the 'VIP' showing up on the prize-spin thing.

Have a look here at my screens with the UE icon and also UE content.

RedStep

Finally got it today but the game won't install. It starts installing for a bit then just goes to "queued" status. This does happen with other games but usually they prompt me to download an update which is not happening with Horizon 3. Any suggestions other than the usual cold boot?

XCOM 2 kept doing that for me last night. I had to do a hard reset and then had to Cancel/Retry the installation a few times before it would actually start.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Damn son. From Reddit.

50 laps of goliath with 2x cr 2x xp and 3x skill xp

JLCE1t6.jpg

0Ez1EBp.jpg

dNpyvNU.jpg

mdsfx

This is ridiculous. Nobody from either Microsoft Store support or from Xbox support can tell me anything about the pre-order DLC that I'm supposed to receive. It's like it never even existed.

LoveCake

Damn son. From Reddit.

How do you get "2x cr 2x xp and 3x skill xp"?

Eight hours!!!

Level 434, have they been playing 24/7 since release, I don't know how people can level up that fast in games.

How do you get "2x cr 2x xp and 3x skill xp"?

Eight hours!!!

Level 434, have they been playing 24/7 since release, I don't know how people can level up that fast in games.

The 2xCR and 2xXP are from a skill perk and the HE car respectively, the 3x skill XP is a skill perk as well.

Montresor

I've made two or three posts in this thread about this and each time the thread goes by too fast for someone to answer me.

My standard edition of Forza 3 finally shipped. It's installing right now while I'm at work.

I need to know the following:

1) If I want an easy/good time getting all the achievements, should I buy any DLC? Surely the Treasure Map will be good, but will the VIP and Car Pass and other DLC help at all with getting achievements?

2) Does buying the VIP pass let you purchase other DLC at a reduced rate?

3) What is up with the cost of the DLC in Canada... Ultimate Edition is $50 more than the Standard Edition. That's fine. But the things the Ultimate Edition comes with have the following standalone costs: VIP pass ($26), Car Pass ($39), All Stars Pack ($12.80). That adds up to $78. Why?!?! I kinda wish I got the Ultimate Edition now because paying an extra $28 for $50 of content is outrageous.

Stackboy

For some reason other players blueprints aren't being pulled into my game, when I start an event I can only create my own blueprint or play the set event. Anyone else having this problem? On Sep 23rd I could see other blueprints, but since the full launch I am getting nothing.

dragoncdf

i had the game freeze yesterday. while just driving around the screen froze for maybe 10 to 20 seconds before unfreezing. also a couple days ago while doing a drivatar race as soon as i signed them the game crash. this is the xbox one version.

forgot to mention the game start screen stutters and on the turn 10/microsoft studios logo it stutters

terrible

Banned
Damn son. From Reddit.

I'm all for endurance racing but that'd bore me to tears with how dumb the AI is in this race. I lapped the AI in 2nd twice before the end of lap 3 in my 10 lap race and that's with the AI on unbeatable haha. I saw one way off in the forest on the minimap at one point! Must've been hunting for mangoes.

zorbsie

I've made two or three posts in this thread about this and each time the thread goes by too fast for someone to answer me.

My standard edition of Forza 3 finally shipped. It's installing right now while I'm at work.

I need to know the following:

1) If I want an easy/good time getting all the achievements, should I buy any DLC? Surely the Treasure Map will be good, but will the VIP and Car Pass and other DLC help at all with getting achievements?

2) Does buying the VIP pass let you purchase other DLC at a reduced rate?

3) What is up with the cost of the DLC in Canada... Ultimate Edition is $50 more than the Standard Edition. That's fine. But the things the Ultimate Edition comes with have the following standalone costs: VIP pass ($26), Car Pass ($39), All Stars Pack ($12.80). That adds up to $78. Why?!?! I kinda wish I got the Ultimate Edition now because paying an extra $28 for $50 of content is outrageous.

1) You'll be able to find a treasure map online somewhere I'm sure. But buying it makes them pop up on your map which is very useful. None of the DLC has achievements. Pretty sure FH2 was the same way. The only DLC that had achievements was storm island and the Porsche pack.

2) I think the VIP gets the announced expansion pack with a $10 discount. Not sure if it's the VIP giving the discount or just Ultimate owners.

3) I know your pain on Canadian prices. FH3 is the only ultimate/collectors edition I've bought this year. Prices are just too crazy high here. But with Forza games I will always have a weak spot.

sangreal

Since the new xbox store didn't download the game automatically, as usual, I went to go download it tonight and it only downloaded 50mb. When launched this is all I get:

wtforza.png

On xbox, not PC

Searched around but all I could find was a youtube video w/ the same problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWwPdOLc08I

There is a service outage listed for the game on xbox.com, but I don't know if that is related since I am just trying to download the game?

Montresor

1) You'll be able to find a treasure map online somewhere I'm sure. But buying it makes them pop up on your map which is very useful. None of the DLC has achievements. Pretty sure FH2 was the same way. The only DLC that had achievements was storm island and the Porsche pack.

2) I think the VIP gets the announced expansion pack with a $10 discount. Not sure if it's the VIP giving the discount or just Ultimate owners.

3) I know your pain on Canadian prices. FH3 is the only ultimate/collectors edition I've bought this year. Prices are just too crazy high here. But with Forza games I will always have a weak spot.

Thanks zorbs!

My Dad gave me Forza Horizon 2 as a gift so I went crazy purchasing DLC in that game. I bought the Car Pass, VIP Pass, Storm Island, Porsche pack, one Fast and Furious car pack, and the Treasure Map.

I don't know if I can justify all of that in Forza Horizon 3 when I'm spending $90 (including tax) for the base game. Given what you're saying - I might just spring for the treasure map (I always buy them in Horizon games) and the VIP Pass. If only to make wheel spins and XP progression more fun, and also because there is a possibility that future "expansions" will be cheaper. I do remember buying Storm Island specifically for half off.

louiedog

Since the new xbox store didn't download the game automatically, as usual, I went to go download it tonight and it only downloaded 50mb. When launched this is all I get:

On xbox, not PC

There is a service outage listed for the game on xbox.com, but I don't know if that is related since I am just trying to download the game?

Someone in my twitter feed has been having this same issue for the last few hours. I don't think support has responded to them yet either.

Damn son. From Reddit.

I don't think I'd be willing to race one track for 8.5 hours nonstop for 7,000,000 actual dollars. I'm glad the option for endurance racing is there, but that just doesn't sound appealing to me in the slightest.

dragoncdf

wtforza.png

On xbox, not PC

saw several others on reddit have the same thing. one said support told them they are aware of the issue.

xam3l

I'mt trying to use the Groove playlist and for a while it worked. Now it's asking for the subscription. wtf? Wasn't suppose to be a free feature? I've made a new playlist and keeps telling me that.

The first showcase event -the one that everyone has to play within the first 10 minutes of the game - doesn't even have 700,000 leaderboard entries... That's about what I would have expected on Xbox One alone... FM6 had 600,000 on the day after official release, I think, and FH3 has better reviews and should also have a more widespread appeal...

3 options:
1. Get invited (post your GT)
2. Find someone in GAF and join club via their GT
3. Get to 3rd festival (all at least level 2) then search for GAF club and join

I tried searching for it before and couldn't find it but it's showing up now for some reason.

FutbolBat

Banned

wtforza.png

On xbox, not PC

Same issue. I'm a sad panda.

RulkezX

you're initiating a head to head race

Head-to-head race. You and that car race with traffic to an end point generated by the game. Usually short, like two miles.

A sprint race to a point. You'll earn more if it's a bounty car that looks like it has a target on it.

Are they bugged? I just did one and no end point was indicated on the map and the other car literally just followed me about.

Are they bugged? I just did one and no end point was indicated on the map and the other car literally just followed me about.

Did it do a little "cutscene" around your car saying race to the objective or did the Drivatar's name go orange?

Because if it's the latter and it was following you as you say, then you might've actually beeped at it and started a convoy.

witness

Does anyone else have terrible luck with the spins? I have the worst luck. I win barely anything. I don't think I've even won more then $80k even with my VIP bonus and i never win any of the good cars.

Top Bottom