• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Noobcraft

Probably comparing it to DriveClub.
The raindrops in Forza look more like they do on a rain X treated windshield (Especially FM6), whereas Driveclub tries to mimic a standard windshield (although the viscosity looks off). Driveclub gets a nod in reflections because of SSR, but ultimately both games trade blows in my opinion. I think the actual clouds look better in FH3 despite not being volumetric, because they represent a much larger variety of cloud types and are actual photos of real clouds.

WHERE IS MY WARTHOG.

I'm literally installing the game on Xbox One as well now which shows the Warthog as recently installed. It seems that playing the Bone version may be the only way I get it on the PC. Oddly enough though the classical music channel already played the Halo OST. Not sure if thats in the game anyway.

golem

Does anyone else have terrible luck with the spins? I have the worst luck. I win barely anything. I don't think I've even won more then $80k even with my VIP bonus and i never win any of the good cars.

Same here VIP and squat. I think i actually rolled a 10k slot once, wtf lol

Klocker

Not in Rivals and not on Xbox, but I was using rewind on a Danger Sign and the game locked up on the PC like three times, so I just stopped using it lol.
I wonder if it is related to the server issues... the auction is a crawl just got a hurrican HE car for 300 K with no other bidders because it was so slow.

Rewind has to sync with server so it can tell if your lap/attempt is tainted

Mohasus

Does anyone else have terrible luck with the spins? I have the worst luck. I win barely anything. I don't think I've even won more then $80k even with my VIP bonus and i never win any of the good cars.

I think my first good one was around level 20, I got like 3 good cars (one HE). Then it went back to 2-10k bonuses.

MouldyK

WHERE IS MY WARTHOG.

I'm literally installing the game on Xbox One as well now which shows the Warthog as recently installed. It seems that playing the Bone version may be the only way I get it on the PC. Oddly enough though the classical music channel already played the Halo OST. Not sure if thats in the game anyway.

I am at the point where I can't get my Forza Reward Money or any Messages because i'm Xbox Live Silver and there is a bug where you can't get to the Social Tab if you are Silver.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I like to spin that thing. I don't know why I like that so much.

choco-fish

Nah, I feel like I'm getting too many good spins, only had about two cars, but usually get 20k and up, had 100k at least four times so far.

Anyone have any steering tweaks they can suggest? Sometimes the cars feel a little boat-like. I'm messing with the deadzones but can't get it to feel quite right.

choco-fish

WHERE IS MY WARTHOG.

I've driven the Warthog in a Bucket List Mission (located near the 12 apostles) but I haven't seen it in my car list. To be honest it feels a bit out of place in the game. I think the Halo theme plays whilst doing the Bucket list challenge which is kinda cool tho.

dedhead54

I'm in the same boat. Haven't won shit for cars. I won an NSX in one of my first spins and nothing since.

Just cant bag myself an XP car :(
Yeah, me either. I got a skills car which is nice and a credits car which honestly i'm just gonna auction

I did my first big goliath run last night. it was ten laps at 2h22m which wasn't so bad, but it really want to try twenty five laps before attempting fifty, but i should probably hold off until i get an xp car to make the most of it

also i forgot to turn rewinds off before i did it which held me back a bunch too

choco-fish

Yeah, me either. I got a skills car which is nice and a credits car which honestly i'm just gonna auction

So what are people here highest skill chain brags so far? I've casually scored over a million but wasn't really trying, anyone gone into the 10-100 millions? apologies if anyone has already posted about this.

DirtyLarry

i can't get the interceptor barn find to work. the game just loops at them looking at the car
Was this the barn towards the top left of the map?
The game crashed twice on me on that barn and luckily on the 3rd time it finally worked.
Was the only crash I had.
This is on the One as well.

Lunar FC

Fuck this game.

I've already got my settings on low and locked to 30 fps and whenever it chooses to not crash on me it runs like total dog shit.

T Ghost

This issue should now be resolved, however you may need to uninstall the installed 50 MB first.

Helios, what's the status on two issues:
  1. Steering wheel missing horn button - Can't convoy when using a wheel (no, "sidekicker" controler can't honk the horn)
  2. Groove simply does not work.

Are they at least on the radar?

i don't understand Groove. i signed up for the free trial and added a bunch of music to my collection, but when the station DOES work in-game (which is rare), it just plays the default songs it started with.

at least i can snap the app and turn the radio off in-game.. i just wish i could plug my phone and have it play my music. 😒

FukuDaruma

This game needs a FOV setting for the Cabine view as EVERY other game has, but most important... where in the hell is this internal camera view without driver/wheel, perfectly adapted for wheels gameplay??

https://youtu.be/Ktdo_XNYpws?t=1m45s
FH3%20Cockpit%20cam.png

How is that camera from the E3 showings NOT in the final game??

I think this clearly enters the "False advertisement" territory.

psychotron

This issue should now be resolved, however you may need to uninstall the installed 50 MB first.

Any update on the free roam stuttering on XB1? Game runs great in a race, but it hitches a lot in free roam, which sucks when doing drift challenges or danger signs.

i don't understand Groove. i signed up for the free trial and added a bunch of music to my collection, but when the drain DOES work in-game (which is rare), it just plays the default songs it started with.

at least i can snap the app and turn the radio off in-game.. i just wish i could plug my phone and have it play my music. 😒

Pick a playlist in audio settings. You don't need to snap it if using background music either.

Noobcraft

They mentioned that it wasn't in the final build but that it could make it in an update if there was enough community feedback to add it in. I'd like it too.

This game needs a FOV setting for the Cabine view as EVERY other game has, but most important... where in the hell is this internal camera view without driver/wheel, perfectly adapted for wheels gameplay??

https://youtu.be/Ktdo_XNYpws?t=1m45s
FH3%20Cockpit%20cam.png

I don't know if I'd call that "false advertising" (games change through development, this certainly looks like a specialized setup here, and I haven't seen this view in any actual advertisements)...but I also would be curious to know where that view went (and if it can be brought back).

I don't know if I'd call that "false advertising" (games change through development, this certainly looks like a specialized setup here, and I haven't seen this view in any actual advertisements)...but I also would be curious to know where that view went (and if it can be brought back).

It was setup specifically for the e3 rig, and they said it wasn't going to be in the game at e3. I want the veiw in the game, but to call it false advertising is incorrect.

Hawk269

Helios -

Any word on a patch for the PC version? Last we heard was the team was able to replicate the stuttering issue, but have not heard anything else since then. Loving the game on Xbox One, but too many issues on PC with stuttering. I have a rig capable of running 4k/60fps, but the stuttering issues makes it not playable/fun.

Would appreciate any kind of update.

Pick a playlist in audio settings. You don't need to snap it if using background music either.
every time i bring up the audio settings it says my playlist couldn't be loaded.

in fact the xbox app sometimes doesn't work either and tells me to restart my console. i just assume they weren't prepared for so many new people to be trying it.

Cyanity

Banned
Finally managed to join club GAF, now how do I go about playing with you guys? I have no clue how to join a club game.

edit - nevermind, found the player sheet

every time i bring up the audio settings it says my playlist couldn't be loaded.

in fact the xbox app sometimes doesn't work either and tells me to restart my console. i just assume they weren't prepared for so many new people to be trying it.

Is Groove open at the same time? (sorry for dumb q!)

So, am I missing something in how to unlock the groove station? I've unlocked all festival areas but the groove station simply never unlocked for me (the rectangle where it was supposed to be was missing while I was unlocking the other stations). What gives?

zorbsie

It's been awhile so I thought I'd repost this

*PSA ForzaGAF Car Club Info*
The car club is slowly growing, but servers are a bit slow and the invite a friend to club is sort of broken on the system. So for the next 2 weeks the club will be open to anyone. As soon as you unlock clubs in game you'll be able to search for "GAF" and join the group. After the 2 weeks we'll set the club to invite only and we will take requests. This should give everyone a chance to get the game and unlock the clubs.

I can't stress this enough, put your info in the spreadsheet. When the club fills up and we need to make space people not on the spreadsheet will be knocked out first. Where is the spreadsheet? Quote this post to see it.

Top Bottom