• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Noobcraft

Do you have the Horizon Edition? Mine is also 10 million I assumed because it's a HE.
Yes my Horizon Edition is like 240k lol.

Edit: Pics
screenshot-originalv8kdx.png

screenshot-originalp5jwm.png

screenshot-originalnwk7e.png

screenshot-originalt7kvi.png

Noobcraft

Pleb cars for pleb gamers confirmed.
I believed in Phil Spencer, but now I feel like a second class citizen of xbl. :(
lol

It also explains the rare auction house listings for some Jaguars being listed for 4M, like the owner thought that was a reasonable price.

Vitacat

Chalk me up as another person who redeemed a Warthog code and never got a Warthog. Is there anyone or anything I need to poke for them?.
What finally worked for me was playing the game on Xbone, where the Warthog showed up no problem, and then continuing on PC it was there too.

If you don't also have an Xbone, then I wish I could give a better answer. Or more accurately, Microsoft owes you and all of us a better answer.

Shari

I've invited a friend to my club but he hasn't unlocked clubs himself yet. He says the invite is not showing and he doesn't have anything on the message center.

Can anyone confirm you can join clubs before unlocking the feature through invitation?

Thank you.

RawNuts

I've invited a friend to my club but he hasn't unlocked clubs himself yet. He says the invite is not showing and he doesn't have anything on the message center.

Can anyone confirm you can join clubs before unlocking the feature through invitation?

Thank you.
Odd; that is how I was able to join the GAF club. Zorbs invited me just after I opened my second festival and it allowed me to join.

Sordid

Still no sign of my Warthog yet :( don't think I'm getting one! Everything is working fine though. No issues with skipping or anything like that playing a playlist through Groove.

edit: If you want to join a club keep checking the starting grid before races. If you see someone with [GAF] before their name press start on them and select join club. You can do it any time, you don't need to have unlocked clubs yet.

Shari

Odd; that is how I was able to join the GAF club. Zorbs invited me just after I opened my second festival and it allowed me to join.

We're on PC, would that make any difference?

BTW is there anyway to control mic level on PC? I was crossplaying with a friend on one but apparently my mic level was too low and I couldn't find the way to change that from either ingame or the xbox app. I also dont know how to turn off voice chat while on a party.

That kind of management is REALLY rough for the moment on PC.

pringles

:-O

Anyone else finding the underground street races a real challenge? I'm Winning most races OK in my A class 45 AMG. However winning street races are a real battle, and any long straight just sees the opposition blitz past me. I've tried switching up to a Huracan but I still can't get a pole.

Don't normally mind not getting 1st or 2nd but you need so many first places to unlock the championship.
They're pretty tough, maybe the best challenge in the game. Definitely requires some practice. Try downloading some race-tuning setups if you're not tuning the cars yourself, can make a big difference.

It really does need to follow the president set by FH3, the sooner they drop the whole "I need to rush to the front of the pack to be able to progress" the better, they need to realise that the joy is in the racing.
I agree with this 100% and I love that you can set the the lap count in a lot of events, but the real problem in FH3 is that -no matter if you are playing on expert, pro or unbeatable - the AI will try to dive-bomb your door taking the inside lane in slow corners after a +130mph straight. This is much more the case the faster the cars.

2 other things I wanted to get off my chest, bad one first:
The placement of the checkpoint "posts" is absolute garbage. When I look at the road and road-side(walls, grass, etc.) my brain makes an ideal approach for that corner, that clips the apex. The intangible checkpoint posts oftentimes are not in line with the ideal pproach based on the scenery and need a whole different approach because... sometimes they put the inner apex "post" so far away from the actual apex, that it will have you miss the checkpoint, going for the actual apex, other times the 2 posts are angled in a way that it throws off the imaginary ideal line. Lastly... They still haven't fixed that the ai drivers don't get punished for missing a checkpoints (or the case that I've seen yesterday was just very forgiving, not 100% sure on that one yet).

Now the good thing that needs a mention:
Thanks to whoever at PG/T10 fought for bringing the "displacement" figure in the car specs back, after they were dismissed in FM6!

outsida

Anybody found a solution for Achievements not popping up on Windows?

I haven't had achievements pop for me on Xbox for weeks. Hope they push through an update soon. Sorry that's not helpful though.

Did either of you run some tweaks to adjust the privacy settings in Windows 10? One common adjustment (it's a service that involves app communication) also has the side effect of completely breaking achievements in Xbox Live. I had run into the issue with Forza Apex and Killer Instinct and it took a fair amount of work to find the correct service to turn back on... and now I kind of wish I remembered what it was. :x You should be able to find it if you search online, though.
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...10/3a84879c-e6e5-45ce-aebc-091433f1fb9a/posts

Try this for a fix. I had applied some windows 10 privacy tweaks and ran into problems with achievements not working. Uninstalling the program I had managing things and turning on the particular service in the link fixed things.

Also just to add for anyone having xbox live connection problems or chat issues from windows 10 make sure all of these services as running as well

IP Helper (Automatic)
Xbox Live Auth Manager (Manual)
Xbox Live Game Save (Manual)
Xbox Live Networking service (Manual)

Cyanity

Banned
So are bucket lists just user created side-challenges, or do they help you acquire the cars driven in them? I just did a challenge with the Warthog and uh...would like to buy it if possible.

terrible

Banned
I agree with this 100% and I love that you can set the the lap count in a lot of events, but the real problem in FH3 is that -no matter if you are playing on expert, pro or unbeatable - the AI will try to dive-bomb your door taking the inside lane in slow corners after a +130mph straight. This is much more the case the faster the cars.

2 other things I wanted to get off my chest, bad one first:
The placement of the checkpoint "posts" is absolute garbage. When I look at the road and road-side(walls, grass, etc.) my brain makes an ideal approach for that corner, that clips the apex. The intangible checkpoint posts oftentimes are not in line with the ideal pproach based on the scenery and need a whole different approach because... sometimes they put the inner apex "post" so far away from the actual apex, that it will have you miss the checkpoint, going for the actual apex, other times the 2 posts are angled in a way that it throws off the imaginary ideal line.
Lastly... They still haven't fixed that the ai drivers don't get punished for missing a checkpoints (or the case that I've seen yesterday was just very forgiving, not 100% sure on that one yet).

Now the good thing that needs a mention:
Thanks to whoever at PG/T10 fought for bringing the "displacement" figure in the car specs back, after they were dismissed in FM6!

Holy crap yes. This times 1000. It's been bothering me a lot. I see a curb on the inside of a corner and my brain instantly goes into "gotta hit the apex" mode but nope, the checkpoint flag is 3 feet away and I miss the checkpoint. It's really hard shutting that part of my brain off, it takes me a couple laps lol. Why not just move the inside checkpoint closer to the apex? I don't get it.

It feels like they just threw the checkpoints in there at random without much thought to how it would interfere with ideal racing lines. They need to look at what they did with FH1 more closely and work from there for FH4. FH3 does a crazy amount of things right but the actual racing is kind of.. ehh.

squared

This is probably very obvious and not news for most of you, but..

If you want to unlock/receive one of the Midnight Battle cars (E36 M3, Buick GNX, RX7 FD) a little easier. just have someone who has already unlocked those races host a freeroam and start the Battle against the car you want, and you'll get that car even if you haven't unlocked the race yourself.

terrible

Banned
Roads Discovered 487/488

VKLAWBU.jpg

I've been searching for an hour now D:

I zoomed in all the way and pretty much plastered my face to my monitor to find my last road. I didn't get stuck too long luckily but there are some dirt roads where you can miss just a single dot so easily.

danowat

Banned
Holy crap yes. This times 1000. It's been bothering me a lot. I see a curb on the inside of a corner and my brain instantly goes into "gotta hit the apex" mode but nope, the checkpoint flag is 3 feet away and I miss the checkpoint. It's really hard shutting that part of my brain off, it takes me a couple laps lol. Why not just move the inside checkpoint closer to the apex? I don't get it.

It feels like they just threw the checkpoints in there at random without much thought to how it would interfere with ideal racing lines. They need to look at what they did with FH1 more closely and work from there for FH4. FH3 does a crazy amount of things right but the actual racing is kind of.. ehh.

Add me to the list, it's annoying!

peteeM

How does a Skill Boost car work? Does it boost all skill points or does it only double your skill returns after a race?

Boosts all skill points by ~50%

I zoomed in all the way and pretty much plastered my face to my monitor to find my last road. I didn't get stuck too long luckily but there are some dirt roads where you can miss just a single dot so easily.

Finally got it. And it wasn't even a dirt road, thats why it took me so long, I was only looking for those.

Grazzt

Spent 1.5 hour trying to bid a BRZ Horizon Edition. Finally got one for 1.16m.
Then got a GTR Black Edition Horizon Edition from a spin. Now I have two skill boost cars, this and an M4. Which one to keep?

legbone

Would I be able to get the Warthog if I bought the Master Chief Collection now and played it, or is it too late? I know there is an event coming up that gives you a chance to get it but I want it now. I keep thinking of how great is was to drive during it's bucket list challenge. I knew I should of picked up the MCC when it dropped to 30 bucks. I've been trying not to buy too many games because my backlog is so big, but damn do I want a Warthog (and forget about the Auction House, I'm saving my money for a Ferrari 288 GTO).

MarveI

I'm so frustrated with the Goliath race. What am I doing wrong ? Wether I set its difficulty to highly skilled or beginner it does not seem to matter AI is always on my heels despite close to flawless racing. I use the Jag tuned FH edition. I changed it to beginner thinking I can take it easy but it's very stressful on my fingers controlling the Jag on corners is not easy but even when I control it flawlessly for 1 round maintaining speed in corners at least 1 or sometimes 2-3 AI's are close on my heel. Did I do something wrong with the blueprint ? Is it possible to race with a FH edition XP car on Goliath vs slower cars ? I mean the Jag reaches 400km/h so speed isn't an issue I'm not stating i'm good I'm really not mediocre at best but I shouldn't be having such trouble on even beginner. I hope someone can shed some light on what it is I'm doing wrong. Right now I'm thinking maybe I made a blueprint error and am competing against fast cars ? Dunno.

I had 2 Warthog codes and I didn't redeem them in time and the dumb Xbone message expiry deleted the codes. If there any way to get the Warthog without it?

On another note, I haven't been this hopelessly addicted to a game in a long time

Megasoum

Banned
Chalk me up as another person who redeemed a Warthog code and never got a Warthog. Is there anyone or anything I need to poke for them? I don't have the pre-order cars either but I haven't gone through the Autoshow

Man, I really wish the performance on the PC version was better because when the game runs smoothly it's absolutely great. At least I have it mostly smooth for areas that aren't Surfer's Paradise (I pretty much need to switch to 30hz for that area or else the framerate swings just body me.)

Did either of you run some tweaks to adjust the privacy settings in Windows 10? One common adjustment (it's a service that involves app communication) also has the side effect of completely breaking achievements in Xbox Live. I had run into the issue with Forza Apex and Killer Instinct and it took a fair amount of work to find the correct service to turn back on... and now I kind of wish I remembered what it was. :x You should be able to find it if you search online, though.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...10/3a84879c-e6e5-45ce-aebc-091433f1fb9a/posts

Try this for a fix. I had applied some windows 10 privacy tweaks and ran into problems with achievements not working. Uninstalling the program I had managing things and turning on the particular service in the link fixed things.

Also just to add for anyone having xbox live connection problems or chat issues from windows 10 make sure all of these services as running as well

IP Helper (Automatic)
Xbox Live Auth Manager (Manual)
Xbox Live Game Save (Manual)
Xbox Live Networking service (Manual)

Yeah that service is running just fine on my machine.

To be clear, the achievements are progressing and unlocking if I look in the Xbox app but I'm just not getting any pop-ups when I unlock them.

Top Bottom