• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

ToiJu

I've given up on getting Groove Music to work.
Groove is great when it works. Are you trying to stream from the service or OneDrive? If from OD, try deleting the playlist and creating it again. My music wouldn't play until I did that.

Too bad it rarely fully works. Sometimes it skips so bad it goes through a 5 minute song in a minute and then repeats the last 15 seconds six times. They really need to fix the skipping and add a shuffle feature, every time you start the game the playlist starts from the beginning. Just did a fast paced off-road race while Waste of Skin by Children of Bodom was playing, what a rush.

3uMFPEw.gif

driveclub is kill

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Picking up the T3PA Pro pedals in a bit. Excited to hook them up and dive back into this to give them a go and not be stuck with the shitty stock pedals that came with the T300RS anymore!

Goddamn that ended up being more of an ordeal than expected.

I picked up my order at Microcenter. Thought the box felt awfully light, but was rushing to an appointment so I didn't pay enough heed to that.

Then I get home open it up and realize some douchenozzle had apparently installed the pro pedals, put the shitty stock pedals in the box and returned them and no once checked.

So I had to return those obviously, and of course they didn't have more in stock. Luckily the other location did but tons of driving, made worse by accidents, as both locations are 45 minutes or so from my house and in opposite directions.

Then I spend more time than I expected getting them installed on my wheel stand pro and testing out the brake mod options with all the expected frustrations over dropping little bolts etc.

Finally think I'm set and I see there's a firmware update for the wheel so figure I should install that. Naturally something goes wrong there and it bricks the wheel as or won't power on or get detected anymore. So I have to quelch that near panic attack and dig into how to reset the firmware. Finally get everything fixed and play FH3 for an hour or so before having to go to bed (after posting this!). Goddamn.

In the bright side the pedals are great and I finally got my Warthog via in game gift message. 😀

SZips

Finally got the game stable enough where I could play for a decent amount of time tonight! Did some co-op campaign stuff with a buddy and then played a bit more to finally unlock the Clubs. I joined GAF and added my details to the Google doc.

God damn, this is such a fun game when it isn't crashing on me.

Fox Mulder

Groove is great when it works. Are you trying to stream from the service or OneDrive? If from OD, try deleting the playlist and creating it again. My music wouldn't play until I did that.

Too bad it rarely fully works. Sometimes it skips so bad it goes through a 5 minute song in a minute and then repeats the last 15 seconds six times. They really need to fix the skipping and add a shuffle feature, every time you start the game the playlist starts from the beginning

Sounds pointless then.

It needs to play like the other stations, where it'll pick up at random places in songs on shuffle.

Even the gta games on mobile do custom stations right.

dedhead54

Decided to run Goliath Circuit one more time before calling it a day and ended up finally getting a HE car from one of the wheelspins. Got the M4, I'm happy about it. I really wanted an XP boost car though.

I also almost wish I hadn't unlocked the perk to buy wheelspins. I can see myself gambling a lot of CR away.

So, am I missing something in how to unlock the groove station? I've unlocked all festival areas but the groove station simply never unlocked for me (the rectangle where it was supposed to be was missing while I was unlocking the other stations). What gives?

Your console needs to be set in a region that groove is available, like the US. On PC I don't know how that works, probably your MS account must be set in US as well.

Simbo

Neo Member
Does anyone know of a way to assign the horn to a button when using a wheel?

A bit of an oversight if you ask me.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
WooHOO, in the club, in the club! :)
the Club option appeared after I upgraded Byron Bay to Lvl. 3 (before, I had Surfers Paradise upgraded to Lvl. 3 and opened another festival still at Lvl. 1).

funny side note with joining the club:
Thankfully, Zorbsie had me added ahead of release. When I tried to join GAF for the first time, it was impossible because I "already was member in another club". I had to join another club, quit there and then re-join GAF for it to work.

commedieu

Banned
This is the game I always wanted as far as driving games. Visuals, sim, audio, open world.

Stuck on ps4 with a baby on the way so can't justify a xbone. But God damn am I jealous. Highly considering getting it on pc.. but I have some 1 gig 650 nvidia something or other.

You guys are lucky.. I've actually been contemplating buying gta5 for the ps4. I just like to open world drive :/.

Fucking sunhi...

Also, is there damage? Not like it matters. But I see screens hits of cars flying off tracks..

Dominator

Damn, this game just messed up my right trigger.

It works perfectly fine, but it no longer clicks silently. I have the Xbox One S so its the new white controller. When I press the left trigger its silent as it hits its cushion, on the right it now makes a loud tap every time I press it (often, as this is a racing game).

Its starting to slightly annoy me, but I don't feel like buying another controller :(

willbsn13

Does anyone know of a way to assign the horn to a button when using a wheel?

A bit of an oversight if you ask me.

Nope, there is none currently. I really hope they patch that in for wheel users. Speaking of patches...any ideas about when the first patch/CU is due?

danowat

Banned
Maybe a dumb question, but finishing in a podium position only affects your cr and XP bonuses?, there is no pre-requisite in finishing in a certain position to progress?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyone else finding the underground street races a real challenge? I'm Winning most races OK in my A class 45 AMG. However winning street races are a real battle, and any long straight just sees the opposition blitz past me. I've tried switching up to a Huracan but I still can't get a pole.

Don't normally mind not getting 1st or 2nd but you need so many first places to unlock the championship.

Yeh the street races are tough as nails but u think its intentional.

The AI goes up a notch and then you have the added problem with traffic. I've left them for now to be honest :/

Buy a Centenario, upgrade it to X999 and you'll laugh your ass off, because of how easy the Street Races are with that car: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/21929471

willbsn13

Excellent, I thought as much, that's a very good thing IMO, means I can just chuck the difficulty to max and enjoy the racing without having to worry about an arbitrary finishing position.

One of the favourite things about the game for me - along with the blueprint feature. I really really hope this sort of career customization makes it across to FM7. Would improve the career experience in those games for me immensely

danowat

Banned
One of the favourite things about the game for me - along with the blueprint feature. I really really hope this sort of career customization makes it across to FM7. Would improve the career experience in those games for me immensely

It really does need to follow the president set by FH3, the sooner they drop the whole "I need to rush to the front of the pack to be able to progress" the better, they need to realise that the joy is in the racing.

danowat

Banned
Christ, you need to put in some hours to unlock clubs, I'm (only for many, but it's a fair bit for me) 6hrs in, and I am nowhere near unlocking them.

I bet the club will be full by the time I get there!

Christ, you need to put in some hours to unlock clubs, I'm (only for many, but it's a fair bit for me) 6hrs in, and I am nowhere near unlocking them.

I bet the club will be full by the time I get there!

Tell me about it. Between 11 hour work days and kids i'll get to the club once FH4 launches 😂

Kumubou

Chalk me up as another person who redeemed a Warthog code and never got a Warthog. Is there anyone or anything I need to poke for them? I don't have the pre-order cars either but I haven't gone through the Autoshow

Man, I really wish the performance on the PC version was better because when the game runs smoothly it's absolutely great. At least I have it mostly smooth for areas that aren't Surfer's Paradise (I pretty much need to switch to 30hz for that area or else the framerate swings just body me.)

Anybody found a solution for Achievements not popping up on Windows?

I haven't had achievements pop for me on Xbox for weeks. Hope they push through an update soon. Sorry that's not helpful though.
Did either of you run some tweaks to adjust the privacy settings in Windows 10? One common adjustment (it's a service that involves app communication) also has the side effect of completely breaking achievements in Xbox Live. I had run into the issue with Forza Apex and Killer Instinct and it took a fair amount of work to find the correct service to turn back on... and now I kind of wish I remembered what it was. :x You should be able to find it if you search online, though.

Top Bottom