• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This is a racing game

VeEM6xX.jpg

B4yZ80z.jpg

ypVsKN2.jpg

LXUWkJi.jpg

Imykxpp.jpg

8P8oJq1.jpg

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The world is filled with detail literally everywhere, from cars to environments and even the random characters that sit next to you are super detailed for what they are. I mean look at this
51659724747_2cce3d709c_o.jpg

I was blown away by texturing work. Traffic signs have honeycomb reflective finish. Billboards have visible inperfections where glue was spread unevenly.

It’s completely nuts.

Stuart360

I was messing with the graphics settings on PC last night ready for today, and i ended up spending nearly 3 hours just driving around the map exploring, finding xp boards etc.
Its so damn cool.

KAOS

UczotFX.jpg

x1CjqpU.jpg

CfOabst.jpg

ydJwLQv.jpg

Found the song the reminded me of the latin group Zoe!

Still waiting for the Hospital Record songs to go on yt. This is the acoustic version of one of my favorite FH4 songs with the beautiful Karina Ramage.

The FH 4 original Makoto version of the song reminds me of the first time I played Ridge Racer! Gotta love Forza!

GametimeUK

Seen so many reviews and people were saying "the 30fps mode is so smooth" and basically recommending it over the 60fps option because the change isn't too jarring or noticeable.

Fuck that bullshit, the 30fps mode is still a slideshow and looks noticeably worse than 60fps. I wish I could see the game through the same lense as these people since the 30fps mode has better graphics, but the performance is still trash by my standards.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The Cross Country Series are a collection of the finest off-road/on-road races ever seen in a video game. They're incredible. From the very 1st one all the way to the Titan.

I almost feel bad for other companies making racing games, because Playground has it dialed in.

Last edited:

GHG

How did you get your free car token?

I assume its part of the premium edition package?

I didn't have to do anything to get it, it was just there when I went to buy my first car, it gave the option to use credits or the token. I made sure to only use the token on one of the most expensive cars in the game.

sainraja

I assume its part of the premium edition package?

I didn't have to do anything to get it, it was just there when I went to buy my first car, it gave the option to use credits or the token. I made sure to only use the token on one of the most expensive cars in the game.
Oh. I will try that. I got the Premium Edition package. Did you get the full game or the add-ons bundle?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
People have to be hacking.

I did the ramp at the festival and hit it at around 280 mph and was fairly happy with 2400 feet distance then looked at the leader board and the top distance there is over 10k feet
I was looking at the club leadboards and a team with 1 member had 4 billion points.:messenger_poop:

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
So in 12 or so hours this will be playable for the regular edition by switching my Xbox to new Zealand correct?
I'm not really good with time zones, but for early access the game was supposed to launch Nov. 4th at 9pm PST, but people here on this board were playing it Nov. 4th at 9-10am.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am clicking on the icon and the game doesn't launch. Anyone else facing this issue? Nothing happens on clicking on the icon/shortcut. Please help.

Gamepass version, windows 11, 5600x, 3080 card

nikos

I am clicking on the icon and the game doesn't launch. Anyone else facing this issue? Nothing happens on clicking on the icon/shortcut. Please help.

Gamepass version, windows 11, 5600x, 3080 card
Did you purchase the premium addon pack? If not, it'll unlock on November 9th.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Did you purchase the premium addon pack? If not, it'll unlock on November 9th.

Oh. Thanks. One more day it is I guess.
They should really throwback a message in such cases or at least not make the button say 'play'. It's confusing when nothing happens at all on clicking.

Kenpachii

Bought the key and played a bit with it.

Game eats performance, i saw the fps drop at times to low 60's on 3080 3440x1440 actual ultra settings, so basically all settings maxed which extreme doesn't do. mostly hovers around 80 fps tho.

Super addicting tho.

Last edited:
How far are you all in terms of progression? I am shooting for 100% achievements and so far..

- 16 hours in

- Got all 578/578 roads
- Got all fast travel boards 50/50
- Got 191/200 XP Boards. 9 Left
- Finished Baja and Street Racers (forgot the name) Working on the Horizon Wilds now.

-I've completed basically majority of the optional stuff to the point where I unlocked enough accolades to unlock the rest of the festivals and their main story parts.

-I am the type of player who does optional stuff as I go and then finish off the main stuff after all optional stuff is done unless you are forced to unlock optional stuff until after you beat the story.

I prefer seeing credits and 100% on my achievements right after and not post game.

- Got 2 barns left and I think 1 or 2 more houses to buy.

Where are you all at?

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Oh. Thanks. One more day it is I guess.
They should really throwback a message in such cases or at least not make the button say 'play'. It's confusing when nothing happens at all on clicking.
On GP PC if you go to the 'Coming Soon' section and select the game, it will give you countdown timer.

This is what it shows on my GP PC countdown timer for PST...
37cZMym.jpg

I'm guessing anybody taking a trip to New Zealand will be able to play in less than 6hrs. Time zones are confusing as fuck for me, though, so don't quote me on it. Should be a midnight launch in the most eastern part of each region.

Assaulty

How does one join the Neogaf club? I'm loving the game atm, I've absolutely no-lifed the hell out of the game the last couple of days. I liked Forza Horizon 4, but this game really clicks with me for some reason, just like Horizon 3 did.

Banjo64

cumsessed
How far are you all in terms of progression? I am shooting for 100% achievements and so far..

- 16 hours in

- Got all 578/578 roads
- Finished Baja and Street Racers (forgot the name) Working on the Horizon Wilds now.

-I've completed basically majority of the optional stuff to the point where I unlocked enough accolades to unlock the rest of the festivals and their main story parts.

-I am the type of player who does optional stuff as I go and then finish off the main stuff after all optional stuff is done unless you are forced to unlock optional stuff until after you beat the story.

I prefer seeing credits and 100% on my achievements right after and not post game.

Where are you all at?
With all due respect, how have you done this? Is it just a case of methodically driving down every single road or do you have the treasure map thing?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Really? For me this is by far the worst playlist in any Horizon game, especially Pulse.

I second that. I would say Forza Horizon 3 still has the best soundtrack.

Music in this one? Meh. It's serviceable but it gets old very quick. I tried it for a while and switched to my custom playlist.

What they should do is integration with Spotify / Apple Music / Soundcloud.

This is a game that people will spend hundreds if not thousands of hours. No matter how good the playlist it, it will get repetitive.

Assaulty

I second that. I would say Forza Horizon 3 still has the best soundtrack.

Music in this one? Meh. It's serviceable but it gets old very quick. I tried it for a while and switched to my custom playlist.

What they should do is integration with Spotify / Apple Music / Soundcloud.

This is a game that people will spend hundreds if not thousands of hours. No matter how good the playlist it, it will get repetitive.

I usually fire up the spotify xbox app and just turn the radio off. It's not perfect but it's good enough to where it doesn't bother me

Pantz

- 16 hours in

- Got all 578/578 roads

Where are you all at?
No rush here, I like to play these Forza Horizon games over a long time. Daily and weekly quests as a priority to get the rare cars. After that some variety of everything.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

- 16 hours in

- Got all 578/578 roads

Where are you all at?

Checklist Horizon: Mexico.

My advice is: slow down and enjoy the ride. Try some cars that you wouldn't otherwise. Experiment with some crazy conversions. Browse auction house. Check out vinyl groups and get creative easily with livery editor. Event lab is already full of good community created content. There's more to this game than chasing the next icon on the map.

Last edited:
Yeah this game is no joke in the Visual department. Plays bloody amazing. Been playing a lot more on the XSX just because load times are faster than my PC m.2 drive.

This game is so good it's making me want to eat Mexican food all week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom