• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

The whole soundtrack is embarrassing. I did hear some New Order in the background at the place where you buy cars though..
Honestly I don't mind the bass channel as I'm an avid trance and dnb listener, I hate dubstep though. But hearing the same tune 3 times in a row is annoying. I guess it is "radio" after all though.

Nista

I played the game for an hour or so last night when I got home from the airport. I've gotten really bad at steering after not playing Forza 4 for a few months.

I'll have to send a request for the club tonight. The MP looks like it'll be really fun since I'm not that hardcore about racing.

And do not expect sensation even close to G27, those are incomparable. And with MSFFB wheel be sure to check PGR3 (try to find a FFB-patched version), PGR4, RacePro, Forza 2 and first TDU before eBaying the wheel.

Hey amar, have you got any decent setting for PGR4?

I tried it (at 270 degrees) on my wheel but the game is undrivable, so twitchy and the ffb is terrible. It works better on my kids Drive FX.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I will go mad with this.

Microsoft is certainly doing everything they can to piss-off the wheel users beyond any level imaginable and it lasts for 7 consecutive years now.

First, there is no way to use wheel and controller in the same time in any game. For some crazy reason they obviously do not want to allow to have controller signed-in as Guest (through ID_2 for example) and allow us to have almost basic functionality of the games during wheel-play.

PREFACE: If you do on-the-fly change between wheel/controller (turn off the wheel, turn on the controller) you will loose either FFB or proper 900-support once you turn the wheel back on. In order to return to normal wheel-play after you've used controller, you have to reboot the game from the start. Same procedure (reboot to play) have to be done if you want to do on-the-fly switch from controller to wheel. During the years I was owner of the Microsoft Force Feedback Wireless wheel, Fanatec GT2 and now Fanatec CSR Eilte. All wheels share the same issues described here.

Where the current *wheel support* fails:

- PhotoMode (Project Gotham Racing 3&4, flagship first-party title, Microsoft Games as publisher, X360 launch game and first game that officially supported Microsoft's own Force Feedback wheel - PGR3 even come bundled with the wheel - I have both versions of the game - with FFB support patched in) - you can't use PhotoMode with the wheel

- driving (Project Gotham Racing 4, flagship title, first-party title, Microsoft Games as publisher) - there were bikes and cars and you had to do constant switching between wheel/controller with game rebooting

- PhotoMode (Forza games, flagship titles, first-party titles, Microsoft Games as publisher) - same as PGR

- Livery Editor - main game-feature (Forza games, flagship titles, first-party titles, Microsoft Games as publisher) - you can't normally use Livery Editor with the wheel

- Cockpit views (PGR & Forza games, flagship titles, first-party titles, Microsoft Games as publisher) - while controller players have the option to rotate the view inside the cockpit, wheel users can't do so. Even worse, when you play with the wheel, you can't have in-car interior shown when you look left/right - it shows only full-screen)

- Map Zooming in Forza Horizon is now my current favourite. And when we're already speaking about the Horizon, why can't we have left/right view in the game? Or on-the-fly HUD-off switch?

Imagine the constant need to switch between wheel/controller, to have to constantly reboot the game after the switch, to not be able to enjoy PhotoMode during normal playing sessions, to have to reboot everytime you want to use the Livery Editor, to not be able to enjoy the interiors of the vehicles as all you should, etc, etc, etc.. And all of that could be solved if Microsoft would just allow to use the controller on the 2nd port as Guest during those modes (and if someone actually thought for a second about wheel players and mapped left/right views to use existing interior position of the cameras).

Important Fact: In order to get Xinput-licensing, wheel devices for X360 has to have exact number of buttons/functionality/axis-devices or license will not be issued by Microsoft. Because of theat you can't add some small thumbs on the wheel, because you can't have two inputs assigned to X-axis for instance. Madness™

WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING ALL THE WHEEL PLAYERS WHO INVESTED SERIOUS MONEY TO PLAY YOUR GAMES AND THEY CAN'T PLAY IT IN THEIR FULL SCOPE WITHOUT LOADS&LOADS OF FRUSTRATION?

/rant over.

Fucking this. Next Xbox needs to fix this issue and allow multiple controllers to be utilized under a single profile somehow. Half the game experience is essentially lost when using a wheel, and switching over requires an entire reset of the game to sign out my wheel and sign in my controller. Terrible.

Also, more customization for the button configurations on my wheel would be great. Why can I not assign view change to any other button than back??

The demo was in my native language Norwegian, spoken and on the text. My LCE is not, any way I can get it back? And yes, I prefer the dubbed version over the generic douchebag that speaks on the english version.

I've probably missed it answered already. Are the pre-order cars (like the 458) placed in your garage or do you have to buy them in game? Thanks

RaceManIak

Neo Member
I just got my copy from the mailman.
I got the pre-order steelcase from FutureShop (canada) but no DLC code for the 458 or the bonus Volks something.

Now I try to buy 1 month Live Gold for 1$, but xbox live seems down right now for that.

acm2000

so bloody turn the music off, and stream your own shit over the wifis from your laptop/pc, its a wonderful feature of the 360, use it

RS4-

I just got my copy from the mailman.
I got the pre-order steelcase from FutureShop (canada) but no DLC code for the 458 or the bonus Volks something.

Now I try to buy 1 month Live Gold for 1$, but xbox live seems down right now for that.

Yeah I didn't get any DLC codes either from FS

zorbsie

Megasoum and RS4, you guys should give FS support a call. The same thing happened to me with borderlands 2 and they sent me a new code through email. It's worth a shot.

Now if only I could get my loyalty cars! Going to try and load my FM4 save to a usb and start a new horizon game from the usb and see if it pops then. This is what I get for getting the game early I guess.

Megasoum

Banned
Megasoum and RS4, you guys should give FS support a call. The same thing happened to me with borderlands 2 and they sent me a new code through email. It's worth a shot.

Now if only I could get my loyalty cars! Going to try and load my FM4 save to a usb and start a new horizon game from the usb and see if it pops then. This is what I get for getting the game early I guess.

Yeah I sent them a mail but I don't know if it will work since I bought it in store and not online. Anyway, it's worth a try.

RS4-

Cheers, I'll give it a shot. What I did for my loyalty cars was transfer my profile and save file from one 360 (where my F4 save was) to my other 360. Hopefully something works out for you though!

Game is actually a grower for me. At first I felt a little underwhelmed at how little there was to begin with but it definitely opens up. i know forza has a tendency to be souless and feel empty but I think that's changed with horizon.

All it needs is a little more variation with racing (where are the drift competitions? Cool minigames etc?) and then id feel its a perfect racing game. I mean what youve got there is races, showcase races, rival races and then street races which are yet more... races.

Could also do with some more radio stations or at the very least a custom soundtrack. But the music that's there is great.

Coldsnap

Should I be selling the cars I'm not using? I would like to have a collection of cars to take out for a spin, but also don't want to be broke all the time.

Duriii

Yay, got this game 2 days before european premiere date. Played 2 hours so far, and I really, really like it. Free-riding in this game is very fun and "Kudos" system fits suprisingly well into that kind of gameplay. Driving through more twisted roads somehow reminds me of similiar experience from Porsche 2000, but I guess I exaggurate here a little bit... There doesn't seem to be many songs on the playlist, tried all 3 radiostations during that time, and I already heard a couple of repeats

I've yet to check out multiplayer. It should be more fun to me, since it's easier to drive a car without crashes and there aren't many experienced players yet. Becouse of that, I couldn`t get into Forza 4 multiplayer year after...

Already signed up to a GAF club ingame (DuriPL92), are there many Europeans there, or mostly Americans?

@MrTroubleMaker: Unfortunately, you have to buy them in-game.

@ResidentDante: Have you tried changing dashboard laungage? Laungage in-game depends on it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wondered why my Fiat pic had so many views... it's in PG Picks! Yeah!

photo26f6zg9.jpg

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I had no idea using the wheel on the 360 didn't let you use the controller at the same time. Holy shit what a massive oversight. The game sounds unplayable with the wheel.

You have to reboot the game if you want to use a controller to zoom the map? Absurd.

For some odd reason Gamestop sent me a preorder bonus code for this game as if I'd preordered it, which I didn't. It's for the 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia. Here it is if anybody wants it. R22H-LKNF-K59N Not sure if that's right, though, I thought xbox codes were 25 digits.

It looks like there was a code for a Dodge Challenger, but it was cut off.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm convinced my game is glitched... all I have left are 10 PR Stunts yet still I am missing 2 barn finds. I know where they both are but they don't open until the game prompts you. :-/

For some odd reason Gamestop sent me a preorder bonus code for this game as if I'd preordered it, which I didn't. It's for the 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia. Here it is if anybody wants it. R22H-LKNF-K59N Not sure if that's right, though, I thought xbox codes were 25 digits.

It looks like there was a code for a Dodge Challenger, but it was cut off.

That is a PSN code so obviously that means FORZA IS GOING MULTIPLATFORM!

Man I am just full of zingers today, no more hits on the giggle stick for me.

Phinor

Some countries, shops and users getting this early, meanwhile the game is seemingly delayed in Finland. Stores I'm following don't even have copies yet and it usually takes 2 days for shipping so a lot of pre-orders won't arrive until next week. Same thing happened with Medal of Honor Worfighter actually, release date for that game is Thursday but some stores have yet to receive their copies.

SuperFinal

Neo Member
I'm convinced my game is glitched... all I have left are 10 PR Stunts yet still I am missing 2 barn finds. I know where they both are but they don't open until the game prompts you. :-/
Don't worry, it hasn't glitched on you. Just keep plugging away at the game and they'll be unlocked eventually.

Branson

You have to reboot the game to get the wheel working right again? Can't just turn it off and use the controller and then vice versa? That's a deal breaker for me. I really did like when I played with my wheel on the demo. That's kind of bullshit. It felt pretty good with a wheel.

Can someone send me an invite to the GAF club?
Gamertag is: Loch Doun
Thanks!

Just go to the Car Club in the game and search for GAF. It should come up. One of the Club owners will have to accept the request so it might take a while.

Anyone up for some races tonight? I'll probably send out an invite to the GAF club when I get home from work tonight. If you get an invite from X Ray Monster, that's me.

Arucardo

You have to reboot the game to get the wheel working right again? Can't just turn it off and use the controller and then vice versa? That's a deal breaker for me. I really did like when I played with my wheel on the demo. That's kind of bullshit. It felt pretty good with a wheel.

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure it's a hardware/system limitation (stupid XID) instead of the game.

Before anything else be sure to squeeze a sponged tennis-ball (or any other sponge-like material) under the brake-pedal.

Two worlds.

And do not expect sensation even close to G27, those are incomparable. And with MSFFB wheel be sure to check PGR3 (try to find a FFB-patched version), PGR4, RacePro, Forza 2 and first TDU before eBaying the wheel.

If you got it for cheap, save it from nostalgia reasons. I am very sad I've sold mine years ago, purely because of sensation with above mentioned games (they can all be played with Fanatec wheels, but actual lightness of MS wheel allows for better FFB sensation - and all those games are 270-defaulted).

Thanks a lot amar! The sponge actually work quite well! Didn't know that those games were 270 by default. Gonna try out PGR4 tonight, don't own the other games anymore :/

btw..what do you mean with PGR3 FFB-patched? I once heard there were 2 versions of PGR3, but that one version came along with the wheel. The other version could be updated by downloading a patch of XBL...or am I wrong?

legbone

Just go to the Car Club in the game and search for GAF. It should come up. One of the Club owners will have to accept the request so it might take a while.

Anyone up for some races tonight? I'll probably send out an invite to the GAF club when I get home from work tonight. If you get an invite from X Ray Monster, that's me.

is there anything else we should do besides sending an in-game request?

Megasoum

Banned

Got a reply from Futureshop. Obviously they can't do anything because I bought it in store and not online. They tell me to contact the store but the guy at the store already told me they didn't have a code.....sigh

Top Bottom