• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Does anyone know yet if the rally expansion will include snow?
It would make sense since it's Colorado and you can see snow capped mountains in the distance...
I'd love to take some of these cars onto snow and ice!
I would love for it to... But somehow I doubt it. I predict it'll be a mix of dirt/paved, just because putting snow into the game would be a lot of work.

I love that car <3
Me too. Shame there are only 2 Subarus in the game.

M0dus can I commission a version of that NeoGAF skin for the WRX STi?

frogg609

How do you get the livery? Is it because I picked the WRX over the Lancer I don't see it? (And if so, how can I get the Lancer? Just buy it?)

My biggest frustration are using my Fanatec wheel with FWD cars. I always spin out like crazy (didn't have this issue in 4). Hoping some better settings will come out for the GT2. Amazing game though, soo easy to get lost in and lose track of time.

How do you get the livery? Is it because I picked the WRX over the Lancer I don't see it? (And if so, how can I get the Lancer? Just buy it?)

My biggest frustration are using my Fanatec wheel with FWD cars. I always spin out like crazy (didn't have this issue in 4). Hoping some better settings will come out for the GT2. Amazing game though, soo easy to get lost in and lose track of time.
Yeah each design is tailored to a specific car, so buy the Lancer (whichever is the more modern one.) Then go back to the paint shop while driving it and hit the start button to being up all the designs for your specific car.

Purple wristband acquired, and I'm nearly at level 21 in multiplayer. I think that's enough for the night.

I'm starting to have a really hard time tearing myself away from the multiplayer to play more singleplayer. Single is fun as hell, but man I love using my A Class 2010 Audi TT online.

Yeah, there's something really funny with the feedback in this game. It's far better with the wheel, but it's nowhere near as good as it should be given that I'd tried PGR4 with it not much earlier. Coupled onto that the vibration on controllers is essentially non-existant, I'm more inclined to think that it's a bug rather than how the game was actually meant to be.

Fingers crossed it's one of the first things addressed in patching... because I honestly can't find much else that would be patch-worthy (other than the ability to adjust the FOV of both the bonnet and in-car cams... they're both so far out of whack for my preferences it's not funny :( ).

Same here. Not gonna use a controller if the rumble is not beefed up. I'd rather see full support for the MS FFB wheel though :D Took me a while to get the hang of it with the MS FFB ( PGR4 ) but once it clicks....holy shit.

Playing PGR4, it makes me realise how much I miss those gobsmacking weather effects. Bizarre how I miss you :/

george_us

Same here. Not gonna use a controller if the rumble is not beefed up. I'd rather see full support for the MS FFB wheel though :D Took me a while to get the hang of it with the MS FFB ( PGR4 ) but once it clicks....holy shit.

Playing PGR4, it makes me realise how much I miss those gobsmacking weather effects. Bizarre how I miss you :/
Rain in this game would be absolutely godly.

New paint is up guys, Colin tribute, old classic paint on a new 2013 Ford Focus, enjoy :)

8124245914_d160ea2600_z.jpg

8124227811_f63ddb721b_z.jpg

8124227777_3ee88ba301_z.jpg

8124227723_126f3846c4_z.jpg

Snubbers

Haha so it's not just me. It's all good though, I'm still having a blast.
What AI level is that? Insane certainly doesn't seem to help me out...

What I have noticed is that they seem to be able to brake hard/turn much better then I can, unless its an ABS/NO ABS thing, it doesn't feel right, but the challenge level is high enough for me to overlook it..

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood

I am so glad I can finally have my car in the game! Though I still need to tweak the Orange a little, I guess it is because of the lighting in the game looks a little off at certain times of the day. (Also could not find a decent place to take a screenshot before work)

ElyrionX

I said i wouldn't buy this because I didn't want to support crappy DLC and preorder business practices. But i caved hard. Forza driving physics in an open world is just too hard to resist.

Been playing it all day today. Game is fantastic and is a great alternative to the soulless and sterile Forza games. Now, if only my G27 would work on the 360. Damn you, Microsoft.

Get home from work - Go buy Horizon - Play all weekend..

I'm away from home at the moment so I'm gonna have to setup my iphone to teather to laptop and then share the internet connection just to grab some H3rtz and others liveries... doh.

paischtu

Neo Member
So just got this game yesterday. I read there is a GAF Club? Where can I join/who can send me an invite please? I intend to play this game a lot over the next days so ghosts I can compete with would be nice.

GT is : pischt0

D6AMIA6N

Just started playing last night, and so far I am impressed! Sent a request to join the GAF car club, just like in F4. One thing I really enjoy in Horizon is just being able to cruise around. I love F4, but it gets old jumping menu to menu, then race to race. In my opinion they should combine the two franchises, but that would be dumb considering how willing I am to spend my money on two separate titles.

GlamFM

Banned
Just started playing last night, and so far I am impressed! Sent a request to join the GAF car club, just like in F4. One thing I really enjoy in Horizon is just being able to cruise around. I love F4, but it gets old jumping menu to menu, then race to race. In my opinion they should combine the two franchises, but that would be dumb considering how willing I am to spend my money on two separate titles.

I don´t think they should, I think it´s great to have two Forza games now.

It´s really a perfect setup. There is Stuff in Horizon I dont want in Motosport and vice versa.

foogles

Now, if only my G27 would work on the 360. Damn you, Microsoft.
My MS Force Feedback wheel broke on me last week. The FF now pulls the wheel to a position about 10 degrees to the left, which is just unacceptable to me. I couldn't stand my shitty 1999 Ford Explorer pulling to the left, I'm not gonna have that happen in an MP4-12C in a video game. Really not bad service from that wheel, though; $100 isn't bad for a decent wheel that lasted me through a couple hundred hours of racing.

I decided that I'm done with this multiple-wheels bullshit, so I'm selling off the G27 I also have for PC/PS3 racing (got it with one of those crazy 50% off coupons from Logitech from late last year) and have ordered a Fanatec CSR with pedals and shifter set.

Should be good until Microsoft decides to dick around next gen and make 360 controllers incompatible. Which you know they will!

saladine1

I would die if my FM was combined or worse..put to rest.

I think this is the ticket. A sim 1 year with it's attention to detail, motorsport orientation..etc and "action racer" the next year with it's focus on culture, 'story' and accessibility.
I think it should work well...

I would die if my FM was combined or worse..put to rest.

I think this is the ticket. A sim 1 year with it's attention to detail, motorsport orientation..etc and "action racer" the next year with it's focus on culture, 'story' and accessibility.
I think it should work well...

I would be happy with that, the sim also doesn't need to be bi-yearly, make it every 3 years if it means a much better simulation.

A friend of mine picked this up and brought it over last night. I had a ton of fun with it for the few hours we played. Shame I just got rid of my 360, I think I may buy it regardless and play it on my roomates 360.

saladine1

I would be happy with that, the sim also doesn't need to be bi-yearly, make it every 3 years if it means a much better simulation.

While more time usually means better product, I don't think FM needs 3 years to be honest.

I believe Turn 10 are pretty much the 'masters of tweaks' when it comes to getting everything out of a console. Their resources are huge thanks to their smart outsourcing system. What they've achieved in 2 years (with FM4) is astonishing. I think that they can do it again.

Like i've said before, Turn 10 have built an amazingly solid foundation to build upon..rock fucking solid!
All they need to do now, is construct a masterpiece that encompasses the true world of motorsport racing in all it's glory.

We've pleaded, we've begged, we've cried and some have even spilt blood in getting Turn 10 to know exactly how we feel and what we expect.
Greenawalt will not let us down, he will overcome the hurdles, he will not let us down. Greenawalt will deliver.
In Dan we trust.

SD1mD.jpg

Midget driver? :p

I have noticed in a few cars that the driver seems to be shrunk or way too low down.

Oh and the manic mini race is like go-karting up the wazoo, so fun lol

It's right hand drive.

The driver still looks strange in some cars no matter what side he sits on, slightly unnatural or like an 80 year old granny in a modern car.

legbone

holy shit this game. last night i played for about 8 hours straight. stopped to get a bit to eat once i realized that i forgot to at my normal dinner time. ended up wolfing down my dinner at 10pm just to get back into horizon. this is the single player campaign that i have always dreamed of for forza and it is finally here. i took off all of next week to play assassin's creed 3 and was planning on mixing in a little horizon now and then. i have a bad feeling that it will be vice versa now.

also, i'm having a blast doing rivals now that i'm in the gaf car club. usually i don't do rivals but it's fun when you know it's some folks here that you are trying to chase down. some of your guys times are just untouchable by me. but oh well i have fun. i can't wait to get into some multi with you guys. oh, and if you see me beat one of your speed trap speeds. it really isn't intentional or anything. i'm just flying to my next event. i don't actively try and set those things. i can't even remember where they are most of the time.

Can someone explain what the focus setting changes in photo mode. I love taking photos but a talented photographer I am not so I am left doing a bunch of trial and error. The one thing I cant seem to figure out is what increasing the focus actually does and when and how much to use it appropriately.

Can someone explain what the focus setting changes in photo mode. I love taking photos but a talented photographer I am not so I am left doing a bunch of trial and error. The one thing I cant seem to figure out is what increasing the focus actually does and when and how much to use it appropriately.

you hardly need to touch focus, the best thing to do is aim at a point of interest and press X for auto focus, all the slider does it move the point of interest away or towards the camera.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

It's basically the length of the focus. If you hit X where you want to focus it will automatically adjust it.

Altering to 100% ensures the entire image is in focus.

Shaneus

I can't trust someone with a beard. What is he hiding..
A birthmark in the shape of Bathurst.

New paint is up guys, Colin tribute, old classic paint on a new 2013 Ford Focus, enjoy :)

8124245914_d160ea2600_z.jpg

8124227811_f63ddb721b_z.jpg

8124227777_3ee88ba301_z.jpg

8124227723_126f3846c4_z.jpg
Bravo. Couldn't think of a better tribute, glad you did him justice :)

See, I have the problem where I'd prefer using the wheel, but because there really are just so many moments to capture in photo mode, I can't ignore the fact that I can't use the wheel to take photos. So I'm playing with a pad 100% of the time now.
I wonder if this is what MS/PG/T10 were aiming for? Can't imagine how the people who spent more than $100 on any kind of wheel must feel.

Anyway, some pictures:
111i2r3m.png

photo8d7o8e.png

photo17s9pbo.png

Quicksand?
photo11lfqc2.jpg

Speed camera... literally:
photo13xarha.jpg

Not bad, considering they look nothing like they do on my TV. Thankfully, it looks like there's a preset on my TV (THX) that looks *exactly* like how they came up on FM.net. So that means I can use my regular TV presets for playing, then for photos I can get them looking *just* right using a built-in mode :)

The_Monk

Well I just got a Text Message from my local Store:

Store: Dear bla bla bla, you can now pick up your Forza Horizon where you had Pre-ordered, thanks, bla bla.

Me: OMG I'm going to get finally this game. ONE DAY EARLY OH YES OH GOD THANK YOU JESUS & BUDDHA.

Then, just to be sure I call them, they say Oh yes, you can come pick it up, sure!

Me: OMG YES FINALLY, I tell my lady that I'm going to pick the game I pre-ordered when suddenly... our phone rings...

Store: Oh did your Text Message said you could pick up the Limited Edition? (I had pre-ordered the LE) and I answered no. Right, that's because Microsoft has not given us the Limited Edition copies. Only the regular ones. We have to wait to see IF (Oh come on man...) we get it tomorrow. We sure hope so. We are just calling so you can avoid a trip to here since you pre-ordered the LE.

Me: Okay... :(

Now I'm not even sure if I can get my LE copy tomorrow.

UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------

Hey fellow GAFfers, it seems I'm still waiting for my Store to get my LE. So what did I just did?

I called them asking if they had received my Copy of Forza Horizon Limited Edition.

Store: Sure, uhm, for what platform?

Me: For WHAT platform I'm asking if you got the pre-order of FORZA HORIZON?!

Store: ...Oh, Xbox, yeah, uhm, no, only we received today was the Pack with the wireless wheel bla bla, we have no idea bla bla tomorrow is Saturday so no dice too, etc.

So I called another Store and they HAD in Stock, the lady was very polite, she told that she is going to call the Store I pre-ordered it and will see what she can do. One of two things will happen: Either someone from this Store will drive to the Store where I pre-order and give a Copy of Forza Horizon LE (plus another shipment of goods) OR someone from the Store I pre-ordered will drive to this store that I just called and they will pick up my copy.

In the worst case I will cancel my Pre-order from one store, get my deposit refund and get it on Store number two. The only bad thing is that I will loose 5&#8364; in Points. The Stores are the GAME ones by the way. One of them is going to drive to one Store and I WILL GET MY COPY.

I WILL PLAY THIS GAME TODAY NO MATTER WHAT. They have horrible communication problems. It's not my fault.

Helios, Jube and everyone else, this only shows my true Support for Forza Series, T10 and Playground. I love you guys but I never had such a sad and terrible experience when buying a game.

TODAY MUST BE THE DAY I get Forza Horizon Limited Collector's Edtion fellow GAFfers! (I will post an Update when there's one, thanks for supporting me GAF)

Top Bottom