• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

GAME should refund your card points if you cancel, if not phone their head office. Online orders when canceled give you points back after 48 hours so make sure you get them.

mil6es

Turbo lag is really apparent in this game, it's really quite fun to have a big turbo supra and have to cruise at around 3-4k rpm or all hell will break loose. But then drop a gear and gun it for amazing 3rd gear burnouts

kazinova

I can't figure out how to beat the third challenge at any waypoint. I tried swerving around and drifting everwhere but the cars you get for the challenges are too much for me to control.

Are there any specific tips to getting those stunt challenge goals? Are you supposed to go flat out along the path specified and try and string together near misses?

Megasoum

Banned
I can't figure out how to beat the third challenge at any waypoint. I tried swerving around and drifting everwhere but the cars you get for the challenges are too much for me to control.

Are there any specific tips to getting those stunt challenge goals? Are you supposed to go flat out along the path specified and try and string together near misses?

Near misses and somebody earlier was saying to smash everything you see. So destroying signalisation and park bench help you string your combos...

But yeah I pretty much gave up on those. I will do the other 2 so I get down to 50% off. I can live with the 5k fee for fast travel lol.

saladine1

Turbo lag is really apparent in this game, it's really quite fun to have a big turbo supra and have to cruise at around 3-4k rpm or all hell will break loose. But then drop a gear and gun it for amazing 3rd gear burnouts

Yep. I noticed it when I upgraded my Ford RS200. It has tremendous lag from 0 to 5500rpms. Then it kicks in and wooshka!

Okay, since we are getting close to the limit on the GAF Club, I will try to do some "cleaning" tonight when I get home from work (6ish EST). If I accidentally delete you, send a PM to either Zorbs, H3RTZ or I and we will add you back in. I am sure some of you will get deleted by mistake, but I want this Club to be mainly the people in this thread.

If it gets too bad, we will start an Excel file like F4 to keep track of who is a GAF member and who isn't.

And don't worry P3tran, your spot is safe!

Edit: I am honestly surprised we are hitting the limit. I really didn't expect this game to blowup like this but I am happy it has!

The_Monk

It would so cool if after my huge fight I arrive home, pop the game, try to join the club and it's full.

LOL.

Oh and I just got 3 Calls, 2 from my Store where I pre-ordered and 1 from the other Store. In 2 hours one of the STAFF members will drive to the other store to get some shipments and a copy of Forza Horizon for me.

2 more hours or so and I will have another (maybe the final) update of my long Forza Story.

Gek54

New paint is up guys, Colin tribute, old classic paint on a new 2013 Ford Focus, enjoy :)

8124245914_d160ea2600_z.jpg

Now how do we get them to add an AWD drivetrain conversion for this car????

Okay, I changed my mind. Below is a list of everyone who has posted more than 5 times in this thread. I am going to check this list against the Club List when I get home tonight. Anyone who is not on this list will get booted (for now). So if you don't see your gamertag on this list, send me a PM so I can add it. Thank you.

ForzaGAF List

Shaneus

Helios, Jube and everyone else, this only shows my true Support for Forza Series, T10 and Playground. I love you guys but I never had such a sad and terrible experience when buying a game.
Wait until you open the case and only see a CD and three redemption keys ;)

Just as well the game's actually alright :)

Edit: BTW Whilst I haven't exactly been the most vocal of supporters of this game (or some of the attributes of these games that keep making appearances!) I imagine I'll be a pretty active community member :)

PS. I know JorgePinto isn't in the GAF group because he's in the FC one, according to his tag on the game (which I assume is ForzaCentral).

p3tran

Banned

Nista

3 key codes on one piece of paper, half the size of a normal redemption code page.

Empty tin is empty.

They should have included a 6 x 4 of this http://i.imgur.com/SD1mD.jpg inside

Yeah, I long for the days when games had substantial printed manuals to read through. At least the steelbook is nice.

Now I'm worried that I need to start a new save game, cause I don't think I unlocked the loyalty cars from FM4. At least if the hurricane hits hard I'll have more time to play Horizon.

paischtu

Neo Member
Well I'm on the list so I'll say thank you!
They should increase that limit to 250 or something. Didn't think 100 people on GAF would play it too.

Kerub

Banned
Holy shit, I'm being bombarded with achievements! I've only played for about 15 minutes and done nothing note-worthy at all, but I've already got 75 g.

8125032937_6229789509_z.jpg

8125052982_99844d3b58_z.jpg

8125053372_10a0a85ef5_z.jpg

8125034421_38f60e398d_z.jpg

8125054490_3b74085e56_z.jpg

8125056696_938bff4b6a_z.jpg

8125055570_8d87c7532a_z.jpg

8125035529_612e1a7996_z.jpg

8 cars, all B500, all in the GAF car club.

A free roam all map drifting, racing, and most likely crashing event must occur sometime in the near future.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love this game so much. Turned out so much better than I expected. However they got rid of my favourite control scheme which I have been using since the original Forza which makes me very sad! My father is refusing to buy it because of the exclusion of the control scheme as well (Though I am sure he will succumb to the goodness eventually).

However I guess I can overlook it as I mainly play on the wheel, but I guess it kills my enjoyment when I have to play with a controller.

The layout I love is:

R stick - Accelerate / brake
Left/Right bumpers - Gear up & down
Right Trigger - Handbrake (or might have been A)

I would love it if it could return as my fingers seriously start to hurt holding the right trigger down for hours.

D6AMIA6N

I was trying to race randoms while cruzing, but couldn't initiate a race? How do you start a random race? I though all you had to do was pull up behind the car and hit the x button, but it only displayed the prompt once out of aprox. 5 attempts? Probably not doing it rite

Came home with the LCE and my dog is munching on a fucking conker of all things, I'm stuck cleaning up her puke instead of playing.

Horizon had queues of people getting the game, never saw that for any previous Forza.

legbone

I was trying to race randoms while cruzing, but couldn't initiate a race? How do you start a random race? I though all you had to do was pull up behind the car and hit the x button, but it only displayed the prompt once out of aprox. 5 attempts? Probably not doing it rite

are they grey dots on your map with a name? only they can be raced. but i too have noticed it can be a little dodgy. you gotta maintain just the right speed and distance.

Gain some speed, get your car into gear 3, turn slightly and use the handbrake. That lets you start a zigzag drift chain where you just keep drifting left then right then left again etc. for as long as possible (make sure you rev in between the drifts so that you keep the same speed).

With a bit of practice, its pretty simple to get your multiplier up to at least 3. The only issue is traffic which might get in your way.

Hey Nullpointer how are you liking the game so far?

Okay, I changed my mind. Below is a list of everyone who has posted more than 5 times in this thread. I am going to check this list against the Club List when I get home tonight. Anyone who is not on this list will get booted (for now). So if you don't see your gamertag on this list, send me a PM so I can add it. Thank you.

ForzaGAF List
Thanks. My Gamertag is the same as my user name just FYI.

Absolutely

I'm thinking about a rally variant too...
Sweet!

harrytang

microsoft store canceled my order but didnt tell me. lost the 10 dollars in credit and the 1600 points, and the pre-order car. had to buy at gamestop for full price and no pre-order bonus. i never miss the pre-order on games i plan on buying. felt like a chump.

now i got microsoft customer support emailing me. i think i blasted about 3 people on the website in the chat box trying to figure out what happened. ill never shop there again. so mad.

looking forward to having some real free time this weekend to get my play on. goal is to reach number one in any category in Gaf car club. last time i logged in i had over 140 messages.

The store I ordered FH from didn't ship the game until today. I might get it monday.

Feels bad man.

I didn't have to do it with this game but in the past I've ran into your situation many times. Halo Reach was the last time this happened.

Normally I would just wait but I just couldn't do it especially seeingeveryone on my list playing it. I ended up picking it up at WalMart and than when my online order was recieved I just took it back to WalMart and got a refund. I could have just returned it to Amazon too. If Assassin's Creed 3 isnt on my doorstep next week I will be doing the same thing.

Is there any room left in the club? I'd really like to join.

There might be later tonight when I do a purge of inactive people. But right now there are around 80 people who are active in this thread and have GamerTags. So they might not all be in the Club, but it shows how close we are.

GolazoDan

Hey guys, how do I join the car club? Never did this in Forza 4 and could very well be missing a menu (or haven't got up to a bit in the tutorial that explains it, ha).

EDIT: Gamertag's GolazoDan.

Top Bottom