• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

While more time usually means better product, I don't think FM needs 3 years to be honest.

I believe Turn 10 are pretty much the 'masters of tweaks' when it comes to getting everything out of a console. Their resources are huge thanks to their smart outsourcing system. What they've achieved in 2 years (with FM4) is astonishing. I think that they can do it again.

Like i've said before, Turn 10 have built an amazingly solid foundation to build upon..rock fucking solid!
All they need to do now, is construct a masterpiece that encompasses the true world of motorsport racing in all it's glory.

We've pleaded, we've begged, we've cried and some have even spilt blood in getting Turn 10 to know exactly how we feel and what we expect.
Greenawalt will not let us down, he will overcome the hurdles, he will not let us down. Greenawalt will deliver.
In Dan we trust.

SD1mD.jpg

I was blown away by the leap between FM 3 and 4. I mean blown away.

If GAF has room for me in the club let me know.

The_Monk

GAF, I'm tired...

CEHvVl.jpg

BUT TODAY I FOUGHT THE SYSTEM AND WON.

Grab me a Spot in the Club, I'm going to get in this after a long dway of work and everything else.

:)

Also if anyone want another XBL friend on their list let me know so I can add you!

PS: No pre-order bonus... I forgot to ask so it was kinda my bad but still. Let's hope I can find some pre-order bonus car.

GAF, I'm tired...

CEHvVl.jpg

BUT TODAY I FOUGHT THE SYSTEM AND WON.

Grab me a Spot in the Club, I'm going to get in this after a long dway of work and everything else.

:)

Also if anyone want another XBL friend on their list let me know so I can add you!

PS: No pre-order bonus... I forgot to ask so it was kinda my bad but still. Let's hope I can find some pre-order bonus car.

What is your GamerTag?

Hey Nullpointer how are you liking the game so far?
* Unleashing a Lambo on the windy, tunnel strewn route between Carson and Beaumont.
* Taking my Evo and drifting like a madman down the hill from the Observatory while weaving through traffic, between small town streets, warehouses and containers, and kicking up dirt in the paths across the plains near the golf course.
* Feeling like I'm about to enter fucking hyperspace when going full throttle along the interstate.
* Speeding through windy roads to the festival at night, fireworks lighting the sky and the bass of booming music in the distance.
* Spinning out into the bushes after removing some of the last assists. Nice.
* Cruising around randomly for hours on end as I get to know the quirks of each and every car in my garage.

Its nothing short of gaming love.

And that's to say nothing of the events themselves which I'm having a great time with. And the rivals challenges of which I've only dipped a toe. Or the multiplayer...

This is now without a doubt my mainline Forza. Straight into my veins. Direct to the lizard brain. Driving game nirvana.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone in the GAF club play MP together? I tried to get into a random MP match yesterday but it didn't seem to start... I got put into a lobby with other players, but it said they were already racing and had to finish first.

I was like huh? Waited about 5 minutes and left.

Well, first impressions: this game is gooooooood. Blasted through the yellow events and stole Ramona's car. I think I'm going to be playing this a fair bit. Not submitted a request to join the GAF club yet largely because it's full and I've yet to hit the five post quota. (FYI: gamertag is "Delusibeta64", and could anyone wanting to add me for Rivals in this or Speedwall in Most Wanted next week please send a PM. Thanks!)

zorbsie

Quick thought here for multiplayer, can we (anyone can do this I'm sure) just send out a club invite whenever we want to do some multiplayer races? You don't have to respond if you don't want to race, simply ignore the invite. I just feel it might be more efficient then posting here and then waiting for replies. Or would that be too much like spamming? Thoughts? I'd rather race with the gang here. Did a couple of public races last night and it was bumper cars all the way through. I will admit, it felt pretty awesome winning in those races.

KePoW

Banned
Quick thought here for multiplayer, can we (anyone can do this I'm sure) just send out a club invite whenever we want to do some multiplayer races? You don't have to respond if you don't want to race, simply ignore the invite. I just feel it might be more efficient then posting here and then waiting for replies. Or would that be too much like spamming? Thoughts? I'd rather race with the gang here. Did a couple of public races last night and it was bumper cars all the way through. I will admit, it felt pretty awesome winning in those races.

That would be cool with me

Yeah, we did that with Forza 4 and it seemed to work well.

The_Monk

That would be cool with me

I would be cool with this too. There will be a big Time Difference between EU and US but it's okay. My GT is not the same as my GAF ID however.

Shame that I won't be having LIVE for much longer, at least for now, let's see how kind the future is.

Does anyone in the GAF club play MP together? I tried to get into a random MP match yesterday but it didn't seem to start... I got put into a lobby with other players, but it said they were already racing and had to finish first.

I was like huh? Waited about 5 minutes and left.

I haven't played with anyone on GAF yet. Probably going to try and change that tonight though. I was going to send out some Club Invites last night, but most of the people on were working on car graphics or were level 1. Figured I'd wait until the weekend so people had some time to dive into the single player first.

Speaking of Club Invites, is there any certain etiquette we should follow? I wasn't in any previous Forza clubs so I'm not sure how you guys handled it. Should we just add a message to the invite that it's a GAF race or should we post here to give people a heads up that an invite is going out?

Will be on around 10-11pm central time. I'll send out an invite then.

edit: I see zorbsie had the same question.

Fox Mulder

Already got the achievement for driving on every road, mostly without even trying. Just doing events will get you most of it. I'm sad, exploring every bit of TDU's Oahu was half the fun.

Great game, but I want a bigger world and always online multiplayer next time.

legbone

I haven't played with anyone on GAF yet. Probably going to try and change that tonight though. I was going to send out some Club Invites last night, but most of the people on were working on car graphics or were level 1. Figured I'd wait until the weekend so people had some time to dive into the single player first.

Speaking of Club Invites, is there any certain etiquette we should follow? I wasn't in any previous Forza clubs so I'm not sure how you guys handled it. Should we just add a message to the invite that it's a GAF race or should we post here to give people a heads up that an invite is going out?

Will be on around 10-11pm central time. I'll send out an invite then.

edit: I see zorbsie had the same question.

Ooh, 10pm tonight would work great for me. i may be a little tipsy by then (i've had a craving for some newcastle for about a week) but it should be good times. i will make sure to be on around then. oh, who am i kidding, i'm probably going to be on way before then.

edit: i don't have much money at the moment (just bought my aston martin and shot my wad) so hopefully i have a car that will work for whatever ends up happening. will probably try and build up some cash before then so i can buy whatever is needed.

mrbaba

Just got back from picking this up, I called round the three big supermarkets in the UK, all were selling at RRP.
I ended up picking it up from Tesco...who didn't even have it out on the shelf.
I had to ask for it (insist that it was definatley out today) and was asked if it was Forza 4 I was after, makes me chuckle asking about games in a superstore.

Ooh, 10pm tonight would work great for me. i may be a little tipsy by then (i've had a craving for some newcastle for about a week) but it should be good times. i will make sure to be on around then. oh, who am i kidding, i'm probably going to be on way before then.

edit: i don't have much money at the moment (just bought my aston martin and shot my wad) so hopefully i have a car that will work for whatever ends up happening. will probably try and build up some cash before then so i can buy whatever is needed.

Sounds good to me. Look for an invite from X Ray Monster. Also, don't worry about cars in your garage. That's when the shared cars come in handy. The GAF garage has lots of good stuff for pretty much all the classes.

legbone

Sounds good to me. Look for an invite from X Ray Monster. Also, don't worry about cars in your garage. That's when the shared cars come in handy. The GAF garage has lots of good stuff for pretty much all the classes.

ah, so you are xray monster. you've got some good times man. saw you destroying some of mine last night.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Help me to learn to drift better GAF!! I dont understand what i need to keep a drift going far. Do i need a fast car or one with crappy handling? Anyone have a guide or some advice?

* Unleashing a Lambo on the windy, tunnel strewn route between Carson and Beaumont.
* Taking my Evo and drifting like a madman down the hill from the Observatory while weaving through traffic, between small town streets, warehouses and containers, and kicking up dirt in the paths across the plains near the golf course.
* Feeling like I'm about to enter fucking hyperspace when going full throttle along the interstate.
* Speeding through windy roads to the festival at night, fireworks lighting the sky and the bass of booming music in the distance.
* Spinning out into the bushes after removing some of the last assists. Nice.
* Cruising around randomly for hours on end as I get to know the quirks of each and every car in my garage.

Its nothing short of gaming love.

And that's to say nothing of the events themselves which I'm having a great time with. And the rivals challenges of which I've only dipped a toe. Or the multiplayer...

This is now without a doubt my mainline Forza. Straight into my veins. Direct to the lizard brain. Driving game nirvana.
Haha I had a feeling you'd feel that way. I love it too.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
I Just got 100/100 discount sign and 216/216 Roads discovered, now I can go to my first yellow wristband race lol

The game is not perfect but very fun, it's like the TDU2 we never had.

Duriii

^ Hahaha, lol ^

Tried some multiplayer on the last two days, and wow, I can't remember the last time I've had some much fun in any racing game in that kind of mode. There is no bullshit "punishment" for getting hit in the back by some rammer, you don't spin in some random direction, but even get's some more speed thanks to that. It's fast, it "feels" right and level system is very encouraging and well thought, at least until level 13. Sometimes time changes through the race, which is pretty neat. Unfortunately, playlists seems to be very short, and starts to repeats themselfs after some time, and part of the netcode responsible for locations of the other players during the race looks a little wonky. It's a little bit of a shame I didn't get to the GAF car club, I'm sure I'd have some good times with you guys :)

And since everybody seems to post some weird photos of cars flying high on the air:

legbone

i'm actually thinking about picking up one of those microsoft speed wheels for this. not sure if i want to learn how to drive all over again. i already suck, no need to suck even worse.

edit: just researched it and not sure if i like the idea of no lb and rb. sometimes i like to swap my view (cockpit to behind) depending on what i'm doing. how can you do this with the wheel? is there an alternate way?

RyudBoy

i'm actually thinking about picking up one of those microsoft speed wheels for this. not sure if i want to learn how to drive all over again. i already suck, no need to suck even worse.

edit: just researched it and not sure if i like the idea of no lb and rb. sometimes i like to swap my view (cockpit to behind) depending on what i'm doing. how can you do this with the wheel? is there an alternate way?

You can switch views by hitting the back button in the middle part of the wheel.

legbone

You can switch views by hitting the back button in the middle part of the wheel.

problem is, the back button is used to bring up the map isn't it? just confused on how it would work with horizon.

edit: gotta go, thanks in advance for anyone that can explain how the wheel works with horizon (specifically the view switching).

AirBrian

I actually have one but I haven't been in a rush to try it yet because of the lack of LB and RB buttons and some of the negative comments in this thread. I'll try it this weekend though.

RyudBoy

problem is, the back button is used to bring up the map isn't it? just confused on how it would work with horizon.

You'll have to hit the start button to select the map from the menu. Slight inconvenience, but yeah... imo, the speed wheel is well worth the $30 if you can still find it at that price. I love it!

AirBrian

You'll have to hit the start button to select the map from the menu. Slight inconvenience, but yeah... imo, the speed wheel is well worth the $30 if you can still find it at that price. I love it!

So the view is automatically mapped to Back? That's not that bad...

I just booted up the game and got inundated by 174 messages... As much as I love the speed traps, there has to be a more efficient way of notifying you when someone has beaten you.

Gonna try and knock out some of the outpost PR skill stunts. Those have been kicking my ass.

Dave_6

I just booted up the game and got inundated by 174 messages... As much as I love the speed traps, there has to be a more efficient way of notifying you when someone has beaten you.

Gonna try and knock out some of the outpost PR skill stunts. Those have been kicking my ass.

Haha I only had 131 when I logged on last night. I'm expecting more than that tonight!

ShogunX

We need to get some GAF games of Infected going. Pretty fun casual game mode that anybody can play.

If anybody wants a few games message me on live. Tag is the same as my GAF name.

Top Bottom