• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

shinnn

can someone tell me please is there a control setting that allows throttle, brake on right stick ala fm4 or just the triggers as in the demo?
No, you can't assign anything to the right stick besides the camera control.

edit: I think the image bug occurs on Bigshots only.

AirBrian

Got about an hour in last night and this game is so much fun! I didn't have time to hop online at all, but I did request to join ForzaGAF. Just driving around is a blast. I have to remind myself to drive to events to actually progress in the game. :lol

One question though...I received a message about a challenge and it gave an option to set a beacon on the map, but I didn't see it. Am I missing something?

Fox Mulder

I love the soundtrack, but what if I wanted to add to it?

Does it let you make a new station or is it just using the console's soundtrack feature.

Has this happened to anyone before? Upper right part of the image is completely broken :(

You're not alone. Check the upper right corner in this pic I made yesterday:

59277_fail.jpg

1 more dayish to go eurogaf... then I can tear myself away from this thread for a while!!.. whoop.

Damn the F1 being on this weekend to disturb my time..

zorbsie

Did a fantastic street race last night. It was called "Goliath".
It's a 9-10 minute race that starts at dusk and ends at dawn. It was so awesome getting near the end and have light start to peek up behind the mountains in the background. Was also a 100k purse, so depending on your setting you can rack up some serious money.

Just finished the single player game this morning.
Loved that the final horizon race was 5M. Too bad it drops to 50k after you finish it once.
I'll be checking out the multiplayer tonight. Anyone up for some races around 9ish EST?

Positive vibes permeate this thread.
Was there this much excitement and praise when FM4 came out?

I actually miss FM4, but i'm having a ball with Horizon, I have no time for anything else at the moment..

I think the reason people seem to be so giddy about this game is that most people didn't know what to expect since it involved a new developer and completely different approach. With Forza 4 we all pretty much knew what we were getting so there wasnt much of a wow factor when it turned out to be so good.

I will probably have to turn in my "hardcore gamer" card after asking this question but Ive never played an open road racing game prior to this beauty.

My question concerns the FREE ROAM mode in single player. Are there other human controlled players racing around or is it all AI? The way I see some cars driving it looks like it has to be a real player controlling it. I hope this makes sense what Im trying to ask here.

Fox Mulder

I know it sounds stupid for a racing game, but spoiler tag please?

You know that quoting it won't show his changes right?

My question concerns the FREE ROAM mode in single player. Are there other human controlled players racing around or is it all AI? The way I see some cars driving it looks like it has to be a real player controlling it. I hope this makes sense what Im trying to ask here.

It's all AI. The game mimics an online multiplayer world by having the AI race around in packs or even cruise around leisurely. I wish it was humans, as TDU did it in 2006, but whatever.

GlamFM

Banned
I will probably have to turn my "hardcore gamer" card after asking this question but Ive never played an open road racing game prior to this beauty.

All AI in SP.

You know that quoting it won't show his changes right?

The part I left out of the quote was actually the part I thought was spoiler tag worthy..

I was driving to Red Rock to finish some events when some ass in a F50 cut me off. Pulled up to the car and it was mother fucking M. Rossi! Caught up to him challenged him to a race and beat his ass.

Fuck Rossi!

I certainly wouldn't say it is bad, just not the best for me. Blur takes the title for best online racer for me.
Netcode has been pretty dodgy for me so far also.
I have to agree with Blur being the best online racer. I really hope a Blur 2 gets made.

Hopefully a patch is put out that fixes the issues you are having.

Megasoum

Banned
It's the first game I play where I don't freak out if I'm 5th or 6th halfway through the race because I know the game will put me in first place before the end of the last lap...

Take that however you want...

It's the first game I play where I don't freak out if I'm 5th or 6th halfway through the race because I know the game will put me in first place before the end of the last lap...

Forza AI always breaks way to early. Its easy to catch up to everyone because of this.

Fox Mulder

That was true in forza 4 to some degree too, on certain difficulties. I've had races where I was near the back and suddenly rocketed to the lead on the last few corners.

I think it's more to do with them actually following the braking line while we can obviously go in a little hotter.

DD

We are playing different games then...

DD

Hey speaking of rubberbanding (again i havent been paying a lot of attention to this thread), but i swear that my friend's ghost during a rivals event gets rubberbanded too!

In the mustang vs mustang event, i would get a second lead on him throughou the entire race (he loses spin on first left turn) up until the caves when he just zooms right past me and is at the last stratch as im making my way to the last huge turn.

It makes no. Fucking. Sense. I replayed over and over. Most I get ahead is 1.3 seconds, get to caves, zoom. Nothing i can do. Same car. Same difficulty (medium)

Your friend probably found a shortcut there.

Microsoft store purchasers: have you received your $10 coupons and 1600 pts? Hven't seen an email for mine
Not yet. The order confirmation email said that it could be between three and seven days to receive them after shipping, AFAIR.

Also, game is fantastic so far. It's like they asked a central question of how to get people involved and invested in the progression of a racing game from the start and it answers by getting you into racing right away with its intro races and no-nonsense presentation. Excellent stuff.

KePoW

Banned
I was driving to Red Rock to finish some events when some ass in a F50 cut me off. Pulled up to the car and it was mother fucking M. Rossi! Caught up to him challenged him to a race and beat his ass.

Fuck Rossi!

LOL. I always laugh when people talk about good old M. Rossi

The_Monk

Well I just got a Text Message from my local Store:

Store: Dear bla bla bla, you can now pick up your Forza Horizon where you had Pre-ordered, thanks, bla bla.

Me: OMG I'm going to get finally this game. ONE DAY EARLY OH YES OH GOD THANK YOU JESUS & BUDDHA.

Then, just to be sure I call them, they say Oh yes, you can come pick it up, sure!

Me: OMG YES FINALLY, I tell my lady that I'm going to pick the game I pre-ordered when suddenly... our phone rings...

Store: Oh did your Text Message said you could pick up the Limited Edition? (I had pre-ordered the LE) and I answered no. Right, that's because Microsoft has not given us the Limited Edition copies. Only the regular ones. We have to wait to see IF (Oh come on man...) we get it tomorrow. We sure hope so. We are just calling so you can avoid a trip to here since you pre-ordered the LE.

Me: Okay... :(

Now I'm not even sure if I can get my LE copy tomorrow.

jergrah

Loving this game so far -- the MP is a blast. The Playground Games can especially be addicting for me. Playing Infected on the big golf course is hilarious with people sliding all over the place and flipping their cars left and right.

Well I just got a Text Message from my local Store:

Store: Dear bla bla bla, you can now pick up your Forza Horizon where you had Pre-ordered, thanks, bla bla.

Me: OMG I'm going to get finally this game. ONE DAY EARLY OH YES OH GOD THANK YOU JESUS & BUDDHA.

Then, just to be sure I call them, they say Oh yes, you can come pick it up, sure!

Me: OMG YES FINALLY, I tell my lady that I'm going to pick the game I pre-ordered when suddenly... our phone rings...

Store: Oh did your Text Message said you could pick up the Limited Edition? (I had pre-ordered the LE) and I answered no. Right, that's because Microsoft has not given us the Limited Edition copies. Only the regular ones. We have to wait to see IF (Oh come on man...) we get it tomorrow. We sure hope so. We are just calling so you can avoid a trip to here since you pre-ordered the LE.

Me: Okay... :(

Now I'm not even sure if I can get my LE copy tomorrow.

That sucks man!! I hope you can find one.

Nista

Thanks for the club invite last night guys. I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I did have fun doing a rivals race against another GAFers ghost.

I'm really sad that my two most used cars in Forza 4 didn't make it into this game... I miss my over-tuned Saturn Sky and Wiesmann beating all the AI Ferraris into the ground.

Played for around an hour earlier, it's nice to finally do some fresh races not from the demo, game looks amazing in action and I already have the M1 barn find and about 17% off upgrades from cruising.

Thanks for the club invite last night guys. I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I did have fun doing a rivals race against another GAFers ghost.

I'm really sad that my two most used cars in Forza 4 didn't make it into this game... I miss my over-tuned Saturn Sky and Wiesmann beating all the AI Ferraris into the ground.

Patience :} I am betting you will see them making a late entrance via dlc.

Nista

Patience :} I am betting you will see them making a late entrance via dlc.

That would be nice. As much as I like the tricked out supercars, a game like this is perfect for taking existing street cars and cruising around.

I guess I'll have to switch to Audis for now, or maybe the Aston Martin preorder car.

I'll be checking out the multiplayer tonight. Anyone up for some races around 9ish EST?

I'd love to race some GAFers so I'm down.

I've played a bunch of multiplayer and it's damn fun. People are pretty ram happy, but I don't mind it at all. Keeps things interesting and it's great seeing people flying all over the place. This is especially true on sharp turns. Usually ends up in total chaos. It's great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had lots of fun with the multi - the playground playlist is alright, I enjoy the races too. Just FUN.

Will probably give multiplayer a shot this weekend. Is it completely event based? Or can you just create a casual free roam lobby and muck around doing challenges? And in free roam multiplayer can everybody scatter all over the map? Or does everybody have to stay within the same general area?

I'm more of a free roamer and drifter than an event guy, and I admit I do miss the seamless blend of multiplayer that TDU brought to the table. But if Horizon is easy enough to jump into thats also fine.

I think Playground could look into some neat options to expand on the free roam with AI system and autolog. How about if players that became your rivals had in-game AI representation, with their cars, name, and custom liveries driving around in your world? Or if the game would name some drivers after people on your friends list - in a similar way to how Black Ops training modes worked. Lots of possibilities here.

Branson

I think Playground could look into some neat options to expand on the free roam with AI system and autolog. How about if players that became your rivals had in-game AI representation, with their cars, name, and custom liveries driving around in your world? Or if the game would name some drivers after people on your friends list - in a similar way to how Black Ops training modes worked. Lots of possibilities here.
I've been asking for this for a while. They have thousands of custom liveries for cars on the auction house etc, all just asking to be put on the AI cars or to even be pulled from your friends garages. This would be awesome.

Ok so I decided that I would play through this game on insane with no assists and loving it but damn are the races hard, my scooby has been retuned a few times and no matter what as a B class it's not keeping up with the top level AI, how is the P.I balanced for this game when off road stuff is present?

Also a question about tires, racing slicks would suck on dirt and loose gravel but I am guessing in this game it gives better traction since you can not buy rally tires... seems really silly coming from a sim racer.

The Stig

green wristband but have not received my loyalty bonus cars when going into daks garage. I own FM3 and 4.

anything Im doing wrong?

green wristband but have not received my loyalty bonus cars when going into daks garage. I own FM3 and 4.

anything Im doing wrong?

The first time you enter your car garage it will ask you if you want the loyalty cars, you hit A to accept or B to avoid, you didn't skip it thinking it was a help message did you?

Top Bottom