• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

RawNuts

Great room; had fun beasting on the golf course, haha.

Photo time:
ibfkAi0ypVXLNu.jpg

Wrex.

ib25EmKYWyrips.png

iboe0p7P9xDtvv.png

imvyZkbGBAoJW.png

And since everybody seems to post some weird photos of cars flying high on the air:
Obligatory:
iZcT8ZIfiJT6x.png

Shaneus

I almost forgot... can we take movies with this, or is it only regular photos and bigshots?

Got back in earlier tonight from EscapeTheGrid and just read up on the thread, it's great that the GAF car club is proving so popular and that you pretty much all seem to be really enjoying the game :)

Phew, what a week!
Up the club member number! Unless it's a physical restriction thing, then... bugger.

Any word on a patch to fix vibrations etc. (if it's even on the cards at all)?

Lima

And all PR stunts and upgrade discount signs done. That treasure map sure was a big help. Feels like this is the first thing to do in this game. Now enjoy free upgrades and fast travel.

D-Stubbs

I believe this is my first post here. Loving the game so far. Here's a few shots I've taken.

GetPhoto.ashx

Reppin R*. Recently added a better logo after I took this.

GetPhoto.ashx

And because everyone is posting one.

GetPhoto.ashx

Some of you are crazy.

I've been working on what has to be the fastest speed zone. Got up to 212mph, thinking that might just be enough to pull off 1st. Nope! Came in second with first getting up to 260mph. Don't remember who it was. Hard enough to control at 212.

I will beat you (whoever you are)!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Some of you are crazy.

I've been working on what has to be the fastest speed zone. Got up to 212mph, thinking that might just be enough to pull off 1st. Nope! Came in second with first getting up to 260mph. Don't remember who it was. Hard enough to control at 212.

I will beat you (whoever you are)!

Spent awhile trying on that one also. Last I saw the highest was 438kph and I can't get past 436. So annoying.

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in this? Not sure if there is a demand for Travis Pastrana Subaru. I put some work in it already and the whole blue base is in metallic to make it look like the original car.

If you guys want it just let me know and I'll finish it ;)

8126854441_9c14853082_c.jpg

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in this? Not sure if there is a demand for Travis Pastrana Subaru. I put some work in it already and the whole blue base is in metallic to make it look like the original car.

If you guys want it just let me know and I'll finish it ;)

8126854441_9c14853082_c.jpg
Yes please I'd love it. Looks straight out of one of the Dirt games!

So, uhh... yeah. The Koenigsegg CCX-R.

I'm not sure if videogames can inspire mortal terror, but trying to v-max this thing on the highway with the sound cranked up is about as close as one has come to making me fear for my life.

Holy shit.

saladine1

I don't want the game to be finished. I'm taking my time, stuffing around, exploring shit just so I don't complete the game.
Seems like there's a thousand events on the map. I guess I have to move forward at some stage..

Hey guys, just a little tip, if you want to see all the paints in their best quality go to the Garage and there select change the car, now pick the car with the pain on it and select view the car, leave the default camera and enjoy :) Garage has the best lighting for that and there aren't any glitches like at paintshop.

I wish we could take pictures in the garage or the car club :(

KaYotiX

Banned
Hey guys, just a little tip, if you want to see all the paints in their best quality go to the Garage and there select change the car, now pick the car with the pain on it and select view the car, leave the default camera and enjoy :) Garage has the best lighting for that and there aren't any glitches like at paintshop.

I wish we could take pictures in the garage or the car club :(

i noticed my paint jobs look way better in the Garage.....

I'm not an expert but I think it shouldn't be too hard to add the photo option to the garage/car club as a patch or something, it works pretty much like the homespace in Forza 4.

Helios, any chance we might get that option in the future?

Arucardo

Had tons of fun with this last night, amazing game.

Just one thing bothers me, did they let an intern do the sound mixing/equalizing? One of the worst examples of this so far is the Mini showcase, it's like you and the AI are driving electric cars, all you could hear was the tires squealing.

I really hope they address this in an upcoming patch. As some of you have said it's almost impossible sometimes to listen to engine revs so you know when to shift, you end having to keep an eye on the rev counter which isn't great when you're driving on a road that's unfamiliar.

Where do i find that classic car left in a barn?

There's a faint white ball on the map that marks an area where you can find the barn.

Does anyone else have a habit of ripping the handbrake over the finish line?
I do it all the time for some reason..

Of course! The best way of showing you are the alpha racer is to go sideways across the line. Or if you REALLY want to brag, do a 180 and enter in reverse.

Arucardo

I was having some serious trouble with the wheel when I started and it felt off somehow. Everything clicked when I changed the range down to 720, dpr(dampening) to -1 or -2 and dri(drift mode) to 3 or 4. So much easier to catch slides now with simulation steering and thanks to the CSR elite's adjustable load cell brake it takes a lot of effort to get the brakes locked up so driving without ABS is no problem.

Bought a RUF Yellowbird too. I call it Blackbird now since I painted it black and tinted the windows black. That car is a handful when stock, lol. Had to buy some parts to make it actually possible to drive at high speeds, the car was undrivable at high speeds on the highway with the stock tires and suspension.

EDIT: I wish I could use this little thing that I got on Thursday with the Fanatec :p . I know there's a device you can buy to make it possible but that device costs as much as I paid for the shifter.

p3tran

Banned
...without the ability to switch to awd, and with r20 being held for pre-reg, vw is kinda borked right now..
getphotobsj36.jpg

also,
T10/PG go ahead and DO THE PATCH FOR THE SOUND AND JOYPAD VIBRATION PLEASE!

a) when you are racing close to other cars, you can hear their engine but not yours. so raise the player's engine volume to 11
b) it is impossible that your "wheel" (the pad) rumbles more when an airplane passes in the sky above,
than when you are struggling at 250km/h in the dirt hitting rocks or in the tarmac jumping around at 300km/h. so fix that too!

already it has delayed, those things where marked from the first hour of the demo..

other than that, fantastic job!

EDIT: I wish I could use this little thing that I got on Thursday with the Fanatec :p . I know there's a device you can buy to make it possible but that device costs as much as I paid for the shifter.

Looks great!

If they stay £60 for a few more weeks I'm gonna go for it.

edit: ^^^ great, been waiting for the analysis.

GlamFM

Banned
As expected, a glowing Digital Foundry tech analysis: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-forza-horizon

Quote:

...As a technical achievement, Forza Horizon is outstanding. It possesses all of fundamental strengths of the Forza Motorsport engine, compromising in one key aspect - frame-rate - but reaping the considerable rewards in almost every other. The overall look and feel of the game is almost untouchable, with an extremely high standard of production values applied to almost every visual element - everything meshes together beautifully, making for a best-in-class presentation...

saladine1

As expected, a glowing Digital Foundry tech analysis: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-forza-horizon

Very good read. You should create a new thread mate..

T10/PG go ahead and DO THE PATCH FOR THE SOUND AND JOYPAD VIBRATION PLEASE!

a) when you are racing close to other cars, you can hear their engine but not yours. so raise the player's engine volume to 11
b) it is impossible that your "wheel" (the pad) rumbles more when an airplane passes in the sky above,
than when you are struggling at 250km/h in the dirt hitting rocks or in the tarmac jumping around at 300km/h. so fix that too!

already it has delayed, those things where marked from the first hour of the demo..

other than that, fantastic job!

I really wish they would hurry up and implement this in a TU. I don't want to finish the game having missed out on rumble effects and louder audio..

Feindflug

Wow! some amazing stuff there..and this is Playground's first work on the 360, seriously I can't imagine what all these great teams that create such beautiful and advanced tech-wise games in these old ass systems will accomplish with the next gen hardware.

Next week I'm getting the game and will finally join this open world, free-roam awesomeness. ^_^

Top Bottom