• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Untracked

HOT! I'm buying an Audi R8 just to use that design.
Cool, it looks much better in Horizon than it did in Forza 2 lol.
iJU6tF2ZbtsJo.jpg

Edit: Forza 4 version video: http://youtu.be/QDd0wCkg4Ak

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I hope I don't get kicked from the club, since my name and gamertag don't match up at all.

Can't even check till I get a new xbox tomorrow. Such an annoying time to die, was one race from my gold wristband.

The_Monk

I just need to take some rest. Tomorrow is another day.

Game is very addictive, just did some onlice races to see how I was. Yep, I'm still terrible, but at least I drive clean!

I'm out for today. Hope I can get in the Club tomorrow. ;)

HeliosT10

Got back in earlier tonight from EscapeTheGrid and just read up on the thread, it's great that the GAF car club is proving so popular and that you pretty much all seem to be really enjoying the game :)

Phew, what a week!

I thought I should clarify with regards to Garnett Lee's comments on FH not being open world, as I had a bit of a back and forth with him in the Weekend Confirmed thread. Now I don't know if he was unclear on the podcast or I just missed the distinction, but he says he was talking about the multi-player when he said Horizon wasn't open world. That you're relegated to creating races from a menu. I don't have XBL, so I don't even know how multi-play is handled. But I guess that's what he meant by that comment.

I still say the game controls great, though.

Shaneus

Man, if I hear that "Sun is shining in your face" song one more time I think I'm gonna go crazy.
For me, it's that Bom Bom Bom track. I'm really only listening to Pulse (I think?) now, because it's the least dubsteppy of all the stations. I'd much rather cruise around to Walking On A Dream than wub wub wubble.

Just got the game and imported my Geometry Wars design from 4.
iV3rM21oRpekX.jpg

Please buy it, I really need the credits :D
What's your GT? Will buy for sure, always loved that livery.

Okay, so this is frustrating. When using the pad, can I not assign RB to handbrake without having the LT/RT accel/brake mapped the wrong way? The only option that gives me the ability to choose handbrake/clutch on RB is layout #5 where LT is accel and RT is brake. Argh.

Fox Mulder

I thought I should clarify with regards to Garnett Lee's comments on FH not being open world, as I had a bit of a back and forth with him in the Weekend Confirmed thread. Now I don't know if he was unclear on the podcast or I just missed the distinction, but he says he was talking about the multi-player when he said Horizon wasn't open world. That you're relegated to creating races from a menu. I don't have XBL, so I don't even know how multi-play is handled. But I guess that's what he meant by that comment.

I still say the game controls great, though.

It's not like TDU where you made your own courses to race in.

The game is open world, it's just not a MMO type game like TDU was. I loved that aspect of TDU, and it makes it more impressive they were able to do that in 2006, but this is still a great game.

RyudBoy

For me, it's that Bom Bom Bom track. I'm really only listening to Pulse (I think?) now, because it's the least dubsteppy of all the stations. I'd much rather cruise around to Walking On A Dream than wub wub wubble.

Fortunately, that song almost never plays but yeah, also not my cup tea.

And damn this race against that chopper! 3 things I noticed:

1) Chopper has a freaking jet engine
2) Driving a corvette sucks
3) I suck

zorbsie

Going to jump into some multiplayer. Club invite incoming. Join if you want or just ignore if you want to keep playing whatever you're playing. Not sure if the invite will be sent even if you aren't in horizon. We'll see now I guess.

Shaneus

Fortunately, that song almost never plays but yeah, also not my cup tea.

And damn this race against that chopper! 3 things I noticed:

1) Chopper has a freaking jet engine
2) Driving a corvette sucks
3) I suck
Yeah, I think Helios must've meant re: rubber-banding, that those showcase races don't count. For example, I beat the balloon one by a few hundredths, got H3rtZ as my rival for that event, raced against him and beat my old time (and him) by one whole second yet still got "YOU LOST" because I didn't beat the balloon. Really weird.

RS4-

Going to jump into some multiplayer. Club invite incoming. Join if you want or just ignore if you want to keep playing whatever you're playing. Not sure if the invite will be sent even if you aren't in horizon. We'll see now I guess.

I'll get on!

DD

Yeah, I think Helios must've meant re: rubber-banding, that those showcase races don't count. For example, I beat the balloon one by a few hundredths, got H3rtZ as my rival for that event, raced against him and beat my old time (and him) by one whole second yet still got "YOU LOST" because I didn't beat the balloon. Really weird.

Wind condition changes! :D

just kiddin'... D:

puzwo01roa.png

U2NUMB

I recorded a a video showing how Smartglass interacts with Horizon from the 360's perspective. The second half of the video is about car clubs so you can ignore that.

But if you were wondering how it looks in game when you use it here ya go.

http://youtu.be/dqaGnIlyEnU

Oh shit, the demo has almost sold me...but I'm gonna have to wait a while I think.

Is it nice and varied? Solid selection of events? One of the best looking games on consoles this gen without a doubt, beautiful.

RS4-

What is this shit, playing online, someone only does 17% of the race and finishes first (the whole race I was in 2nd but the game reported me as 1st until he crossed the line). I figure that I was getting the whole 1st thing because he took a shortcut through the map which penalizes you, or supposed to.

trinest

Man its hard to get the score things. Expessaily for the out post PR missions.

Finished the story parts, havn't checked out online yet.

Megasoum

Banned
Got back in earlier tonight from EscapeTheGrid and just read up on the thread, it's great that the GAF car club is proving so popular and that you pretty much all seem to be really enjoying the game :)

Phew, what a week!

Welcome back!

And btw, whoever decided to name the event that way and then send you to work it is just brilliant hahahaha.

sneaky77

so I go to an event, tells me I need a new car. I hit purchase.. and it only shows a forza recommends car.. not a whole list..c'mon

I also feel they should let you just buy cars at all outposts

ShogunX

so I go to an event, tells me I need a new car. I hit purchase.. and it only shows a forza recommends car.. not a whole list..c'mon

I also feel they should let you just buy cars at all outposts

Get yourself in this lobby. Got three so far - Just doing social racing and a few other casual game types.

GlamFM

Banned

Phew, what a week!

Mood among the team must be great I guess.

3 nights, 10 hours played already. Great work.

Will force myself to sleep now...

zorbsie

Just sending out another invite for multiplayer. Shogun and I just had a 1 2 finish. Awesome stuff.

We'll start in 5 minutes. Got to get another beer.

When the AI decides to nearly spin themselves out and hit into each other at the start of races sometimes, is that a bug or rubber banding?

Top Bottom