• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

I need help!

I started my new game, but just realized Horizon never imported bonuses from Forza 4. Did I do something wrong?

I love this game and find myself cruising for the sole purpose of finding photo locations. Horizon is the surprise of the year for me.

8127556990_66e264d5a8_c.jpg

8127529755_aeaef00d10_c.jpg

Coldsnap

How do i do the stunt skill stuff for outpost? I'll start the event and the goal is like 28,000 but I only get like 800 points. Don't know how to rack up points..

RS4-

How do i do the stunt skill stuff for outpost? I'll start the event and the goal is like 28,000 but I only get like 800 points. Don't know how to rack up points..

You can sort of scrub it out by just pulling off a long drift along with the easy run over signs and miss/draft car points.

Like an average speed drift moving like a snake.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, barely screwed around with photo mode (no dedicated thread btw?), and it seems in the final game its just as restrictive as in forza - that is, you can only move about 10 feet off the ground. huge bummer, especially after seeing the dev photomode in that one behind the scenes video where it was a good 30-40 feet above the car taking an awesome shot of the country side.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
until there is a dedicated thread...

8127692252_3573dd6d40_b.jpg

will play around with HDR shots later

sneaky77

Unlocking the loyalty cars has apparently been sketchy for people. I got mine the first time the game let me go to the garage.

I got mine yesterday a few hrs into the game so.. yeah it can take a while

Now that I think about it, it may have been the first time I entered the garage after the intro of the hub world thing.

Fox Mulder

I don't really like drifting or kudos events in any game because you can usually just fishtail all over the place and keep combos going to get the score.

The_Monk

Regarding getting the Loyalty Cars. I got the message yesterday and got the Achievement, then continued playing. But today I went to my garage and the Message saying that a Save from Forza 4 was detected poped again. I might have gotten the Loyalty cars... twice? Is this possible?

Did this happened to anyone?

acm2000

"Not only is 4x MSAA retained - in line with the replays and time trials of Forza Motorsport 4 - FXAA is added too. According to the developer, this is dynamically applied when there is GPU time left over."

The fuc....

S1kkZ

"Not only is 4x MSAA retained - in line with the replays and time trials of Forza Motorsport 4 - FXAA is added too. According to the developer, this is dynamically applied when there is GPU time left over."

The fuc....

oh boy, what will they do on the next xbox? its amazing how well this game runs and looks on the 360.

Fox Mulder

oh boy, what will they do on the next xbox? its amazing how well this game runs and looks on the 360.

I hope the damage modelling for the whole franchise is vastly improved. Forza in general has great graphics for the hardware, but it looks awful having damage that looks like a kid melted a hot wheel car.

acm2000

I hope the damage modelling for the whole franchise is vastly improved. Forza in general has great graphics for the hardware, but it looks awful having damage that looks like a kid melted a hot wheel car.

With current hardware, its damage OR physics, not both, you couldn't have burnout paradise damage with forza 4 physics, you have to balance it out

Shaneus

Hey guys, just a little tip, if you want to see all the paints in their best quality go to the Garage and there select change the car, now pick the car with the pain on it and select view the car, leave the default camera and enjoy :) Garage has the best lighting for that and there aren't any glitches like at paintshop.

I wish we could take pictures in the garage or the car club :(
First thing I noticed (before I used custom liveries in-game) was that "Holy fuck they've fixed the low-res liveries!", but then I loaded up JorgePinto's (awesome) BMW M1 livery and noticed blocks EVERYWHERE while I was driving it. So they've definitely fixed it in some areas, but definitely not in others. I recall it being low-res in photo mode too, but I could be wrong. Sucks :(

I'd love to know how much of it was Playground and how much was Turn 10. But going by the quality of the title (slight mishaps and inherited engine/car models notwithstanding), if it was indeed PG then I can't wait for them to take on the PGR franchise.

It will happen, and mark my words: It will be fucking glorious.

Fox Mulder

Yeah I haven't been able to get anywhere close to 25000 points with the TVR. Maybe I just need to drive like a maniac over that road with all the traffic to get dodging points.

i think it's impossible to drive a TVR any other way than like a maniac.

saladine1

I'd love to know how much of it was Playground and how much was Turn 10. But going by the quality of the title (slight mishaps and inherited engine/car models notwithstanding), if it was indeed PG then I can't wait for them to take on the PGR franchise.

It will happen, and mark my words: It will be fucking glorious.

Would it be possible that Turn10/MS will get PG to make different 'arcade' games for the future?

I mean, instead of PG just making Horizon all the time, perhaps they will be the team to make PGR then they'll make a whole different game entirely after that and so on..

mrbaba

I sent a club request to GAF and I'm on the list, but I'm not sure how it goes from there?
Just found my first barn car, an old BMW M1 :)

I'm glad Horizon gives you the option to disable it, and wish the Motorsport titles let you do the same. On car models of this quality, the crumpled bodywork just looks embarrassing.

Yeah I haven't been able to get anywhere close to 25000 points with the TVR. Maybe I just need to drive like a maniac over that road with all the traffic to get dodging points.

That's how I got it last night. Keep racking up Near Misses and Daredevil skills, with an e-drift or wreckage move thrown in to keep the chain going, and you should get to 25K with room to spare.

Then again, you might just get lucky, as yesterday one of the stunt challenges with the Gallardo SL glitched out for me. I "completed" a 15K point run early on when I had only scored ~600. lol

mil6es

Get onto the highway and just Arab drift into the points, that's how I done it, the multiplier is your friend

legbone

my biggest concern about this game pre-launch was the soundtrack. i hadn't really heard of anyone on it (well except for new order, black keys, etc). i'm really starting to dig some tunes on it.

i straight up fucking love that song called disparate youth by a band called santigold. i had never heard of them before. that song is great. now if it only had some slayer and motorhead on it it would be perfect. oh, and some goldfrapp. anyway, maybe i'll set up a custom soundtrack. i have never done that before but may just do it.

sneaky77

Would it be possible that Turn10/MS will get PG to make different 'arcade' games for the future?

I mean, instead of PG just making Horizon all the time, perhaps they will be the team to make PGR then they'll make a whole different game entirely after that and so on..

imo.. Horizon is the new PGR style branded game, but using Forza because is more recognizable

legbone

imo.. Horizon is the new PGR style branded game, but using Forza because is more recognizable

yeah i agree. i think we will see more along the lines of this. this really feels like an extension of the pgr series to me with the forza upgrade system added. man i miss pgr.

sneaky77

yeah i agree. i think we will see more along the lines of this. this really feels like an extension of the pgr series to me with the forza upgrade system added. man i miss pgr.

it just wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to do both Horizon and PGR, unless PGR stays city oriented or they find a way to give it its own identity, but I am ok with Horizon being the name going forward

legbone

it just wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to do both Horizon and PGR, unless PGR stays city oriented or they find a way to give it its own identity, but I am ok with Horizon being the name going forward

oh sure. i think it's horizon from now on. pgr is dead. i was just pining.

my biggest concern about this game pre-launch was the soundtrack. i hadn't really heard of anyone on it (well except for new order, black keys, etc). i'm really starting to dig some tunes on it.

i straight up fucking love that song called disparate youth by a band called santigold. i had never heard of them before. that song is great. now if it only had some slayer and motorhead on it it would be perfect. oh, and some goldfrapp. anyway, maybe i'll set up a custom soundtrack. i have never done that before but may just do it.

Forza Horizon: Turning car lovers into Santigold fans.

That song is the shiznit!

I think they will go down the same road as Codemasters:

Dirt 4
Dirt Showdown 2
etc.

Not a bad idea if you ask me.

Although....I really wish that PGR would return with PGR5 as a launchgame on 720.
Now that I learned to use the wheel I appreciate PGR even more. I still can't get over those awesome weather effects. I really, really like what Playground did with Horizon but I want fog, rain, thunderstorm and my car too get dirty. In Horizon, the windscreen even looks "new" after driving a dusty road. Nevertheless...game is awesome.

sneaky77

Forza Horizon: Turning car lovers into Santigold fans.

That song is the shiznit!

Santigold is so awful... she opened for red hot chili peppers.. man was it bad.

Also I hope MS does it better than Codies.. because dirt showdown should not have the dirt name lol.
Did anyone actually play it?

My main gripe with Horizon as of now is the lack of sensation of speed while in cockpit view.

Dave_6

Hate I missed the GAF invite last night :( I was still playing even though I was soooo tired I had a headache. Had to just turn it off and go to bed. :/ This game has given me a severe lack of sleep this week!

Top Bottom