• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How does the game feel in terms of arcade or sim? What are its closest equivalents in car handling?

And dos it drive ok with a controller? I have a DFGT but that isn't 360 compatible

I am kind of addicted to the multiplayer. Dat XP!

Still trying to find cars for every class that I'm comfortable with for multiplayer, I've got A, B and S class pretty much good to go, but the rest I'm still searching.

Whenever I get into a R class race I just go into the club garage and use whatever car StunWar shared, lol.

FStop7

Banned
Got my orange wristband last night, working toward purple next I think?

So much stuff to do in this game.

The only thing I wish it had are crashes that destroy cars, hence Burnout-esque 'takedowns'.

PGR brand is dead after 4 bombed.

Forza is MS's NFS.

a shame if this is what has happened to project gotham racing. 4 was the pinnacle in the series for me, everything was just perfect and I hope to see a new game on the next xbox. microsoft would be stupid to relegate it to obscurity, it's a a good racing series and one that deserves one more crack at the big time and not to be pushed out of the door and left to die with no advertising or post release support.

on topic, I've got my copy but can't play it until I get my new 360 next weekend. can't wait to play it along with halo 4. it's going to be a great weekend.

Kikarian

As I sadly don't have it yet, how big is the world in comparison to other open world racing games?
Quite small compared to TDU. But the scenery and Day/Night Lighting is amazing.

I dont even have cosmetic damage enabled, I see no point in it if there is no mechanical damage to coincide with it
Same here. The idea of a car being damaged in Forza was it would also impact the car's performance.

I turned visual damage off too, damage while racing is good but I hate getting a crumple in free roam.

Taking my sweet time with this game, not rushing to get to the end at all, soaking it all on on hardcore son.

FStop7

Banned
I don't think Turn 10 has updated the selection of aftermarket wheels since Forza 2. F3, F4 and Horizon use the same crap all over again. Time to redo that shit already.

Fox Mulder

I swear it took like an hour to drive around the island in TDU, that scale was crazy!

It's more detailed and alive than TDU, but that game also had a race around the island that nearly took an hour in the fastest cars.

Maybe the next horizon will be bigger.

crazy man going against traffic
PHOTO2.jpg

I know the DLC model is ridiculous, but it's nice to hear that there will be new tracks in the rally expansion. I think if they keep releasing expansions, this game won't be getting stale (or inexpensive) in the foreseeable future. I much rather pay $20 every 2-3 months for an expansion than just straight cars every month.

Anyways, I hope someone gets some multiplayer going tonight!

D6AMIA6N

The game is wonderful, really I think the only negative holding it somewhat back is the "vibe" of the game. What other environment would work though? I don't mind it, but perhaps for some of the Forza faithful it may come off as being too much. What's the consensus as to why reviews weren't higher? I think the game is 9 material. Just so much to do and an overall fun game.

I am addicted to rivals, it seems a lot more fun in this game then in forza 4 for some reason, might be the more challenging tracks and dirt roads.

I know the DLC model is ridiculous, but it's nice to hear that there will be new tracks in the rally expansion. I think if they keep releasing expansions, this game won't be getting stale (or inexpensive) in the foreseeable future. I much rather pay $20 every 2-3 months for an expansion than just straight cars every month.

Anyways, I hope someone gets some multiplayer going tonight!

Confirmed to give us new tracks? niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Grassy

I think they will go down the same road as Codemasters

Hopefully not in terms of quality :p

I dont even have cosmetic damage enabled, I see no point in it if there is no mechanical damage to coincide with it

Yeah this is the first racing game where I've disabled even having visual damage, can't ruin a good photomode opportunity!

I don't think Turn 10 has updated the selection of aftermarket wheels since Forza 2. F3, F4 and Horizon use the same crap all over again. Time to redo that shit already.

Hopefully for Forza 5 they will do a huge overhaul and give us a nice new selection of wheels, it's been a long time coming.

Arc07

Has anyone maxed this out? I noticed after getting a 500,000+ points drift that it filled up about 20%.
g8GBpm.jpg

I'm at work or else I'd go for a million point drift and fill it up.

Aww I got the boot from the [GAF] club. 6week old son making it tough to meet the participation quota. Working up a car for each class, including the bronze 355F1 in Sclass I have been building since forza 2.

Game is so great.

legbone

Aww I got the boot from the [GAF] club. 6week old son making it tough to meet the participation quota. Working up a car for each class, including the bronze 355F1 in Sclass I have been building since forza 2.

Game is so great.

what's the participation quota?

I am addicted to rivals, it seems a lot more fun in this game then in forza 4 for some reason, might be the more challenging tracks and dirt roads.

Confirmed to give us new tracks? niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm asumming new tracks. You can't have new surfaces and events without new tracks, I suppose.

"will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more."

Arc07

500 000 points?
i barely get 12k...guess i suck.

Might I suggest a fully upgraded RX-7 and drift around the main circle for 20 minutes without crashing into a wall/oncoming traffic. Put the difficulty on "normal" for steering if you're using a controller. Most I've hit was 162k x 5.0 but some asshat in a LP640 SV sideswiped me and I lost it. :/

There is no participation requirement really. I must have not seen your name on the list when I recommended to kick you. Sorry! Just send a request again and we will add you. Same for the rest of you. When we were purging I think a lot of us deleted the requests. Just send them again and we will try to add you guys.

legbone

i really hope to get into some multi at some point. got home a little to late (10 central) last nite for the fun. couldn't find a gaf room anywhere. wish there was a way to search the active games by car clubs.

The_Monk

That GAF Club must be cool I wonder what's that about since I'm new here.

I would like to be there but it seems I'm new to Forza, never played a Forza game or posted in the thread.

Lol

Born2Live

Having to much fun with this. It was difineatly worth buying another 360 for.

I have sent a request to join the car club if you guys don't mind. My GT is Tysie12.

RawNuts

Whenever I get into a R class race I just go into the club garage and use whatever car StunWar shared, lol.
Haha, just avoid the Venom because that thing is very difficult to race, I can barely get it off the line; lots of wheelspin from a start in 3rd gear even, crazy.
Also, the EB110 I put in there is really only for speed cameras; this thing goes 270+mph (435kph).
I'm going to try to find good cars that are easy to drive for every class so that our club has something to fall back on if they don't have something in their garage.

I'm asumming new tracks. You can't have new surfaces and events without new tracks, I suppose.

"will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more."
I'm assuming that it will definitely involve Pikes Peak in some manner; if not, I will be very confused.

Also, Bourne4life and FilmorPencilboy are cool bros; don't kick them from the club, please?

Top Bottom