• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

harrytang

8128932081_21d28ee725_z.jpg

you might not think so, but if you take this E class car and get to 200 with engine upgrades it becomes quite a fun experience.

Shaneus

Would it be possible that Turn10/MS will get PG to make different 'arcade' games for the future?

I mean, instead of PG just making Horizon all the time, perhaps they will be the team to make PGR then they'll make a whole different game entirely after that and so on..
Oh god I hope so. I'm still hoping (against hope?) that the next Xbox isn't going to be the first one without a PGR game available at launch.

purg3

slept with Malkin
any spots open in the gaf club yet, I sent a request the other day. GT is purg3.

Also, anyone have any games going on right now?

R1 is a silly class in this game, just raced online point to point and what the fudge, might as well wall ride half of the track.

I think A class will be Favorited like in forza 1.

Haha, just avoid the Venom because that thing is very difficult to race, I can barely get it off the line; lots of wheelspin from a start in 3rd gear even, crazy.
Also, the EB110 I put in there is really only for speed cameras; this thing goes 270+mph (435kph).
I'm going to try to find good cars that are easy to drive for every class so that our club has something to fall back on if they don't have something in their garage.

Every time I picked an R class car you shared I would be like "damn, this drives nice" halfway through the race, so I definitely figured you were putting a lot of thought into what you were sharing. Much appreciated.

R1 is a silly class in this game, just raced online point to point and what the fudge, might as well wall ride half of the track.

I think A class will be Favorited like in forza 1.

Class A is for sure my favorite, and also the class I see chosen quite often (along with R1 and S -- I rarely race C or B.) I like R1 quite a bit, but I do feel like some of the tracks just don't lend themselves well to it online. But that's probably more because a fair amount of people in multiplayer haven't learned how to use the brake or let off the gas yet.

Shaneus

Fuuuuck, just found a bug! I was wondering why no smoke/dirt/particles were appearing in ANY of my photos (especially the drift ones)... and it's confirmed, if you go from bumper or bonnet cam to photo mode, no smoke. At all. Switch cameras to an outside one? Smoke etc!

Observe:

From bonnet/bumper cam (effect doesn't occur with in-car):

From outside:

And the game is actually *disabling* the smoke in the game world. So if you go from outside car to inside car then quickly go into photo mode, you can see the smoke from when you were in chase cam, but also where it was turned off for bumper/bonnet cam:

Sucks, because I'd taken a stack of decent drift photos and wondered why they looked off. Now I know. No smoke :/

Shaneus

S85qk.jpg

UVNej.jpg

I noticed the same thing with particles, also while using the cockpit camera all god rays are removed.
I can't use cockpit because the POV feels really off for some reason, and I can't find an option to change it :(

PS. Man, I REALLY need to work on getting my photo settings right. It's easier to get a nice picture out of Horizon than FM4, but I'm still not there yet :/

TEH-CJ

Banned
Guys guys!

this is hands down the best racing game ever!

as someone that races a GTR R33....this is fucking pure bliss. even there are no r33's in this game the thrill of racing turbos and ferraris is unmatched. and the sound!!! omg!!

I can't use cockpit because the POV feels really off for some reason, and I can't find an option to change it :(

Sucks that there is no multi screen options unless they are hidden a little like forza 1 did, some cars feel great while others do not or you are too low, could just be how the car is though.

In the very first race you do in the evening, from the cockpit the sky is blue while any other view you have strong orange rays everywhere, you could call it an effect to show glass in the car but i'd say it's a performance thing.

The bumper no dust thing seems like a bug, never did that in forza 3/4 did it?

Shaneus

I... don't think so. I don't remember it, anyway.

I think it's sort of a bug, in that they've disabled smoke for bumper (even though there are a shitload of situations where you would need it enabled, I'm sure I haven't seen it on opponent's cars, either, but I'd have to check) deliberately, but because it's not generating it at all, when you hit photo mode because there's no smoke there... there's no smoke/dirt in the photo.

Shaneus

Last thing: Does anyone remember the liveries in FM4 being as low res as this? This is on the pre-order Viper:
4D2Xt.png

A bit jarring.

Anyway, a slightly better photo :)
imiI0.jpg

Multiplayer can get so frustrating. People decide it's time to play bumper cars instead of race.

-"Oh, you're passing me? Here, let me hit you and screw both of us and everyone behind us up."

U2NUMB

Man I am online with 2 buddies doing these challenges in free roam.. SO MUCH FUN.

Does anyone know if they are planning on having new challenges weekly or something like that? Would be a great way to keep us coming back.

Just finished everything, well except for the 9th Barn Find. My Time Driven is nearly at 19 hours. Only 11 achievements left, and they're all online things.

Maybe I should get a 12 month Gold card next week.

Shaneus

How does the FR-S look with a full kit? (if you've seen)
That's probably the nicest front bumper I could find... the others are a little gaudy. The spoiler options are scant (the FM one, the factory one and none at all) and the bumpers don't look all that much different from each other. TBH when I was going through the spoilers, I could see that it somewhat resembled a swollen S2000 a little. So, probably not great but it's fun as hell to drive, even stock :)

The tree tunnel is perfect for photo sessions!

8128289694_4da713a823_b.jpg

8128333120_c761a6bb4e_b.jpg

And extra pic of the 205:

8128358031_617240ee41_b.jpg

...and two more of the Aventador.

8127400522_eaa2971570_b.jpg

8127400644_390e1f886d_b.jpg

...with some Diablo seasoning.

8121004108_2cfcf9bb4b_b.jpg

Now it's over!

FStop7

Banned
Wow. My hands and eyes are kind of fried. I'm good for about a 3 hour session of Horizon at a time. I'm in purple now, about 1/3 of the way to gold. The intensity of the races has increased a lot. Hailey Harper is really fast. Even on Medium. If I make just one error she's pretty much out of reach for the rest of the race.

I guess I have another criticism of the game: Too much racing on dirt or mixed tracks. I really wanted to race my shiny new M5 in the sedans-only race, but I had to bail and switch to an Evo because I was losing too much time on the gravel.

Also, I hate fucking up a race while livestreaming. Too self conscious.

Arc07

When I raced against her for her car, I had to retry twice because I completely missed some turns that I simply didn't pay any attention to. On the attempt that I beat her, she was at a complete standstill in the beginning. Absolutely no movement for the first few seconds. I ended up getting a 12 second lead on her at the first checkpoint so I just drove like a bitch and finished a couple seconds ahead. I thought that was pretty strange.

Lol, totally commented on our dogs clipped nails while on mic. I'm sure everyone in the room was like o_O.

Gonna run a public server for awhile for the first time, see if anyone joins in.

Top Bottom