• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Any spots open in the club? Would like to have some good challenge times to beat! :)

GT: NismoGrendel

I play around 9am CDT if anyone wants to friend me

Just checked out some #1 global times in rivals, looks like most of the top times rely on bouncing off walls to keep speed in corners, GT style.

That has really killed Rivals for me, i'll just stick to the GAF leaderboards for now on. Was something like wall bouncing really looked over in development?

harrytang

I just heard the sounds in NFS MW and holy shit does it sound crazy!
I'm going to say that the reverb that resonates while driving through the tunnel is hands down the best I've ever heard in a video game. It's so fucking brutal!

P.S
PG, please fix the volume.
Thanks.

i agree the volumes sound broken sometimes. i was trying the manic mini challenge but couldnt hear the engine and kept screwing up the shifts. if they wont let me hear the damn thing at least put the tach in the center like GT does so i can see it while racing.

Just checked out some #1 global times in rivals, looks like most of the top times rely on bouncing off walls to keep speed in corners, GT style.

That has really killed Rivals for me, i'll just stick to the GAF leaderboards for now on. Was something like wall bouncing really looked over in development?

same reason I stick with the Gaf rival board. i know it's "arcade" but i hate wall riding and pinball driving.

Coldsnap

Can someone rate the Eagle Speedster for me? I have been saving up for one, but not that it took me so long to get to 500,000 I don't want to waste it on a car I'll never race. I've always wanted to drive one since seeing it on topgear.

Lima

PGR had the same problem. Shift glitching and wall riding/bouncing all over the place.

Looking to do coop challenges later today. Anyone want to help out? Some of the challenges need up to 8 players.

Yeah I'm in.

GT = Revolver Ned

i agree the volumes sound broken sometimes. i was trying the manic mini challenge but couldnt hear the engine and kept screwing up the shifts. if they wont let me hear the damn thing at least put the tach in the center like GT does so i can see it while racing.

same reason I stick with the Gaf rival board. i know it's "arcade" but i hate wall riding and pinball driving.

I agree about the volume. I hate how the race start noises (3,2,1 and then the big bass sound at race start) are so loud and the cars are pretty quiet.

A slider just for engine volume would be perfect.

Fox Mulder

I just heard the sounds in NFS MW and holy shit does it sound crazy!
I'm going to say that the reverb that resonates while driving through the tunnel is hands down the best I've ever heard in a video game. It's so fucking brutal!

P.S
PG, please fix the volume.
Thanks.

video?

The lack of a tunnel sound orgasm really disappointed me in this game. I saw my first tunnel and got excited, only to hear no difference at all.

FStop7

Banned
Issue with Forza games in general - starting from the back of every race. Annoying, especially in short races. Give us qualifying laps already, T10/Playground.

Mascot

EDIT: I wish I could use this little thing that I got on Thursday with the Fanatec :p . I know there's a device you can buy to make it possible but that device costs as much as I paid for the shifter.

What is that shifter, and why can't you use it with the Fanatec wheel?
Why buy it if you can't use it? Am I missing something here?

Dave_6

check the exit ramps on the freeway sections. those can be a real bitch to see on the map

It might be a highway on ramp. Also, turn off all the icons on the map, as I had missed a section of road that was hidden under a big race icon.

Thanks, but I was playing some MP last night and suddenly got the achievement lol. Now to find the rest of the signs. :/

Just hit 18,500 downloads on my paints lol Thank you very much for the support GAF, much appreciated. Also remember to rate paints when you get them, that helps :)

Will take a day off tomorrow and will get back to paint booth on Monday, just want to enjoy the game for a little bit :)

LOVE your paints! I've bought every one of them! :)

EDIT: Can anyone tell me before I buy either one if I will win a Veyron SS or the Koenigsegg at some point in single player?

zorbsie

Gaf club invite sent for coop challenges. hillsighed are you in the club? Need your GT to send you an invite if you aren't.

paischtu

Neo Member
Just sent out an invite to the club

Edit: in forza gaf tradition 20 min in and we haven't started yet.

Hah! Yea and then you were like "Why don't we just start?".

Well I'll be back in Free-Roam in 3-4 Hours. Are some people from Europe here? Because of the time difference of 6-9 hours it would be nice to have some people in the same zone.

Lima

Hah! Yea and then you were like "Why don't we just start?".

Well I'll be back in Free-Roam in 3-4 Hours. Are some people from Europe here? Because of the time difference of 6-9 hours it would be nice to have some people in the same zone.

Yeah I'm from Europe but I'm watching Chelsea - United right now. Like you should you suckers!

I was going to sit out Horizon, but I ened up picking it up last night.... I can't believe I ever doubted this game. It's an absolute joy to play. No, it's not TD:U with Forza physics as originally billed (it's neither), but it's got so much personality of it's own.

I finished up my session by discovering the M1 barn find. It was the dead of night with just the headlights of my Mustang leading the way down to the bottom of the canyon. Creeping along the winding road at "legal" speed, tail end of the Silverstun Pickups song with it's psychedelic feedback blaring away, it was such a cool moment. It really reminded me of PGR where if you slowed to soak in the environment, it stopped being a racing game and became something else. It totally makes you want to be able to get out of the car. It's a convincing world.

Of course I love rekindling all my Rivals feuds too. I never get tired of trying to beat you fruitcakes :p It's my favorite feature from FM4, and it works even better here.

I'll wait a while for the dust to settle before sending a club request. I've got enough fast gaffers to keep me busy for now.

legbone

sorry, just realized the steelers on are on TV. that is a rare occurence here in Arkansas (i grew up in Ohio about an hour west of Pittsburgh). So i won't be back on until at least the end of the game.

RyudBoy

There's just way too much stuff to do in this game. One second I'm trying to find all of the signs to smash then I get distracted by some piece of shit who slams head on into me, and the race is on! I'm only like 25% done with single player and level 25 in mp.

Yea sure we'll just have to find a good time. Which is hard when playing with North Americans and Europeans.

eagle_cry_white_backgnd3.jpg

How do you guys treat upgrading in this game? since there is no tuning options do you just buy what you can to hit the P.I cap for a class or do you think about the parts you add?

It seems that a lot of the engine parts just give hp in different amounts, does it matter what parts I buy? I know turbos can lag and higher rpm's can be good for some cars.

Online, King is really no fun when everyone picks R class cars, you just crash into everything and I hate how I have to turn TC on to stand a chance.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the best way to get some decent times to beat? Will probably pick this up on Tuesday but have hardly anyone on 360 (not had one for a few years). Probably wouldnt play much online but the rivals stuff looks greatl Gamer tag is MisterKlaw.

Jamesways

How do you guys treat upgrading in this game? since there is no tuning options do you just buy what you can to hit the P.I cap for a class or do you think about the parts you add?

It seems that a lot of the engine parts just give hp in different amounts, does it matter what parts I buy? I know turbos can lag and higher rpm's can be good for some cars.
I'm doing the old Forza habit of upgrading handling first, then leftover engine parts to get to the class max. I always enjoy beating AI in the turns.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm doing the old Forza habit of upgrading handling first, then leftover engine parts to get to the class max. I always enjoy beating AI in the turns.

This is how I am treating it as well. Feels a lot more satisfying that way.

Also I got kicked from the group whilst in the middle of beating some fellow gaffers rival times haha :(

Lima

Was the "Desings for my car" in previous Forza games? Because I remember always searching for my car manually. Great addition.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuck, the single player AI, specifically the rubberbanding, is soooo lame. i just wrecked one of the characters in a one on one race (Haley?). thinking "well, this should be easy, shes upside down and completely out of commission..." not 30 seconds later, she flys by me like i was holding still - i was doing about 190 in the aventador. wut.

UGH online I just can't adept to it, once I hit level 25 and the online cheevos are ticked i'm done in that part. Rivals for life.

Was the "Desings for my car" in previous Forza games? Because I remember always searching for my car manually. Great addition.

Storefront is a ton better this time, searching for the car you are currently in really helps.

dk_

Achieved the blue ribbon and Forza Horizon is an excellent game so far. NFS:MW will have a hard time to lure me away from it. I hope it sells really well!

Bedlam

i hope MS is allowing them to work on another Forza game with the same freedom they were afforded with Horizon.
If Horizon sells, this could become a Treyarch/IW-like situation with each studio alternately releasing a game. Two year development cycle, one game each year, shared assets - it's super-effective.

legbone

just want everyone to know that i'm not trying to be antisocial or anything. if you send me a request today and i deny it it's nothing personal. i have like 34 more roads and 23 more discount signs to find and i plan on doing that today. i refuse to cave in and buy the treasure map so i'm just cruising listening to tunes and filling in gray roads.

Top Bottom