• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

It looks like I'll be making another real life car, this time for Hawk Performance, Nissan 370Z again, but they might also run a GT-R so can't wait and I hope so :)

legbone

well, i tried out the new most wanted. picked it up at the midnight launch for assassin's creed III. it was an impulse deal. big mistake. you can't even choose the color of your car. you have to keep driving through a gas station until you get the color you want. then if you go through one again to fix your damage or get some nitrous during a race, bam different color. no real customization of any kind. i'll give it this, the presentation is absolutely amazing. and the driving and sense of speed is crazy. but it really is burnout paradise 2. seems the single player is lacking and it's all about the online playground. i took it back this morning and got a power trade deal for 30% extra cash toward my blops II preorder. quite an expensive little impulse buy. oh well, i was really hoping for the best. i know this is the horizon thread but lots of people playing horizon are wondering about most wanted i'm sure. this is just my opinion. but in my opinion, horizon has no worries being the king of the racers this year.

Fox Mulder

well, i tried out the new most wanted. picked it up at the midnight launch for assassin's creed III. it was an impulse deal. big mistake. you can't even choose the color of your car. you have to keep driving through a gas station until you get the color you want. then if you go through one again to fix your damage or get some nitrous during a race, bam different color. no real customization of any kind. i'll give it this, the presentation is absolutely amazing. and the driving and sense of speed is crazy. but it really is burnout paradise 2. seems the single player is lacking and it's all about the online playground. i took it back this morning and got a power trade deal for 30% extra cash toward my blops II preorder. quite an expensive little impulse buy. oh well, i was really hoping for the best. i know this is the horizon thread but lots of people playing horizon are wondering about most wanted i'm sure. this is just my opinion. but in my opinion, horizon has no worries being the king of the racers this year.

I'll pick up most wanted later, but I was originally going to get both day one. Horizon surprised me and I'll be playing it for my racing fix for awhile. Most wanted has some sexy sound though, I saw a video of super cars tearing through a tunnel. Horizon doesn't even made a audible difference between driving out in the open and through a tunnel.

Arucardo

I'll pick up most wanted later, but I was originally going to get both day one. Horizon surprised me and I'll be playing it for my racing fix for awhile. Most wanted has some sexy sound though, I saw a video of super cars tearing through a tunnel. Horizon doesn't even made a audible difference between driving out in the open and through a tunnel.

What? It totally does, it sounds as it should, but the volume is low. Turn off the music if you really can't notice the difference. Could depend on the sound system too I guess, I'm playing in 5.1.

legbone

i agree, the tunnels are godly. and it really is a great game for what it is. it's just what it is that doesn't grab me. the presentation is really fucking cool. the start ups of the races are downright psychedelic. i will definitely be picking it up again later (when it hits 20 if it ever does) but right now horizon has my attention. well, horizon, asscreed III and borderlands 2. i'm set for a while.

I really want some awesome liveries,but I don't want to pay for XBL Gold. Ugh....oh well

If you can hang tight for a week I will have a 2 week Xbox Live Trial card from my HALO 4 Limited Edition I will hook you up with. Or you might want to try the Free Trial thread. I am on my 360's browser or Id link you there.

It looks like I'll be making another real life car, this time for Hawk Performance, Nissan 370Z again, but they might also run a GT-R so can't wait and I hope so :)

Kick-ass dude! Keep us up to date on it if they allow it. I would really like to see how you go about picking the design and if they have any tweaks or anything. Just really curious how the system works.

The_Monk

And I'll be there to 5 Star it again!

Also I tried uploading a vinyl (actually it's just a word I used to put on Japanese cars) can someone check by my GT and get it please? GT is in profile, I put for 1.000 CR. since it's the least I can put right? I'll buy you something back for 1.000 too (like a cool wristband, a beer pack or something).

RawNuts

but it really is burnout paradise 2
I wish that was more true, as I loved Burnout Paradise. It is very similar to Paradise in many regards, but it features that trademark NFS wacky steering deadzone like in Hot Pursuit which ruins a lot of it for me.

I thought I would be enjoying both Horizon and Most Wanted equally right now, but I keep wanting to play Horizon over MW, even after getting 100% and 1000/1000 in it.

Gek54

now dont you two guys spoil my forza with your no tune-wall bouncing nonsense ideas! :)))
you can always go "auto-tune" or even "drivatar" :p and use my tuned cars or somebody else's, you dont need to have a sim feature removed ffs :))))

also, I noticed driving around in the R classes sometimes pronounces the 30hz difference from proper forza, but in (s)lower classes its ok
hopefully next horizon, next hardware, never again 30fps

If they allowed you to download the exact setup(parts&tune) as the ghost you are chasing then I would have no qualms with that. I think that would actually make it more fun to chase strangers.

Also for my friends who are chasing my ghost, would be nice for them to not have to wait for me to explain my parts lists to them every time.

p3tran

Banned
If they allowed you to download the exact setup(parts&tune) as the ghost you are chasing then I would have no qualms with that. I think that would actually make it more fun to chase strangers.

Also for my friends who are chasing my ghost, would be nice to not have wait for me to explain my parts lists to them every time.

ok, maybe "download leaderboard ghost+tune" for a small fee, could work.

Just came across this Subaru, Swedish Rally driven by Kristian Solhberg, do you guys want it? If so which version?

2006 ...

mal080.jpg

or 2007 version...

Sohlberg-Syms-Eu-1.jpg

I would paint it on Subaru 22B

The_Monk

Hey H3rTz if, by any chance Renault 5 GT get released you are going to get a lot of requests from me. There's a lot of great liveries out there so I'll let you choose on that Subaru for now.

:p

Now, I beat ALL your asses in ALL monthly rival events! lets see some competition here!
the most difficult to beat was Diablohead in "arch rival". I had to change the car tuning two times to beat you diablo ;]

**Also, playground must put on the leaderboards an indicator whether the lap was clean!
Not "clean" as in forza clean, since you can go happy bouncing with no penalty, but at least that the player did not use "rewind".

guys from playground that may be reading, please write this down along with the joypad feedback and the player's engine noise that need some adjustment.

I keep forgetting there are Monthly Rivals in the game. It's on now! Although that's one more thing to distract me from progressing farther in events.

I agree on the rewind thing. How do people feel about this? It's a little strange. I would rather that it's not available for setting times on the leaderboard. Removes the tension from the equation a bit knowing the rewind is there. I try not to use it myself, but can't say I never do. Then again you still have to pull off the actual driving part, rewinds or not. I do think the devs could more "easily" (I know I say that lightly) have rewind disqualify a lap than defining what's clean or not in terms of the driving path on all the tracks/roads.

Bedlam

Because of the rewind thing I stopped doing rival races completely after I got the achievement. It's flatout unacceptable that it is allowed in these races. I don't see why I should bother when I can't be sure the guy that I want to beat didn't use rewind 50 times to build his perfect lap.

It's a pretty weird oversight in my opinion, especially considering you do get punished in SP stunt events for using rewind.

Because of the rewind thing I stopped doing rival races completely after I got the achievement. It's flatout unacceptable that it is allowed in these races. I don't see why I should bother when I can't be sure the guy that I want to beat didn't use rewind 50 times to build his perfect lap.

It's a pretty weird oversight in my opinion, especially considering you do get punished in SP stunt events for using rewind.
Agreed on this. Rivals should at the very least differentiate between clean and dirty times. I'd also include hitting walls as dirty.

When beating a rival time I'll keep lapping until I have a fast, clean run.

I know this is the Horizon thread, but this is what reverb should sound like....for future's sake Turn 10/Playground Gmaes..:)

Quick and dirty video of the reverb in the tunnels in NFS Most Wanted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CN9x31XAAw

I get a hard on every time I drive through here..

The reverb inside FH's steel mill is very noticable if you haven't spent anytime in there.

This game is quickly turning into my favorite driving (not racing) game of all time, it just does so much right, I'm really dragging the campaign out.

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Nov car pack details:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/November_Bondurant_Car_Pack

People moaning already that 4 cars already exist in Forza 4.

Do they know:

1. Available space leftover on the disc to fit these car assets?
2. Development and testing time required to migrate a car from Forza 4 to Horizon?
3. Where do you draw the line?

I can't be mad at any decision T10 make which adds to the base game for a price because this is the open world game of my dreams since Test Drive on C64, and that game only had 5 cars to choose from which didn't feel all that different to be honest!

Nov car pack details:

Do they know:

2. Development and testing time required to migrate a car from Forza 4 to Horizon?

I can't be mad at any decision T10 make which adds to the base game for a price because this is the open world game of my dreams since Test Drive on C64, and that game only had 5 cars to choose from which didn't feel all that different to be honest!

You know, I am totally cool with this. Great new cars and some awesome returning cars. Am I blind or did they not say which is the "exclusive" car for the Season Pass.

I honestly don't need more cars. I have cars that I love in every class, and I'm just about done with the main storyline. One of my absolute favorite cars came from a Barn Find. Low to the ground, fast as hell, and looks badass to boot with a Batman Returns skin on it.

Nov car pack details:

Do they know:

Wrangler Rubicon :O

I love this fucking game. I'm going to hoon the shit out of that on the golf course.

GlamFM

Banned
Time behind the wheel 21:13

I had VIP status and used some booster cards to speed things up.

Still missing one barn find.

Outstanding game - my GOTY for sure.

wwZ5T.png

Fox Mulder

Pretty underwhelming in my opinion. I won't be picking up any car packs but will deffo get the rally expansion.

I might get a car or two, and they always give a car for free as well. I did the season pass for forza 4 and I just don't really care for car packs anymore. The game has tons of them already, but I'll buy expansions like the rally stuff.

Pretty underwhelming in my opinion. I won't be picking up any car packs but will deffo get the rally expansion.

Nothing of interest to me in the November pack, and I'll consider the others month-by-month, but mark me down for a sale the moment an F12 shows up.

The rally expansion ought to be more interesting. I'm still waiting for someone to recapture the magic of RSC2.

Bedlam

I had VIP status and used some booster cards to speed things up.
Not cool man, not cool. Spending time with the game, being entertained, should be the goal of gaming - not paying for having to play less. I'm baffled that there are people who don't see it the same way.

"Here's 60$ for the game, and here's 20$ so I can see the ending right now"... don't people realize how insane this is?

As for the DLC: No interest whatsoever in the car packs, maybe I'll get the Rally expansion if it's worthwhile (probably at a reduced price in a few months).

TEH-CJ

Banned
Guys. the physics in this are more realistic than forza 4 or gt5. holy crap...

I don't get how reviewers claim that all cars oversteer?? wtf!

its all about crucial throttle control.

GlamFM

Banned
Not cool man, not cool. Spending time with the game, being entertained, should be the goal of gaming - not paying for having to play less. I'm baffled that there are people who don't see it the same way.

"Here's 60$ for the game, and here's 20$ so I can see the ending right now"... don't people realize how insane this is?

My daughter turned 4 month old today and I still work 10 hours a day. I have a lot more money than I have time. Priorities..

You really come across as one of the more annoying juniors in rencent memory.

I swear I´ve seen you post how you wont get this game because it´s a total ripoff in this very thread.

Yet you are still here telling me how I should play MY games, spend MY money, spend MY time and what the goal of gaming is...

Relax dude

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
My daughter turned 4 month old today and I still work 10 hours a day. I have a lot more money than I have time. Priorities..

Each to their own hey... Similar boat here with 3 kids and one is 7 months old, so I'll back u up.

But in my case, I'm taking it sloooooooooow. No cars or events I'm desperate to check out immediately. There's a lot of cool cars I want to give some time to in this game and there's nothing on the horizon (lol) that will beat this game for the experience it gives me. Therefore, no rush...

If only my brain and body would allow me to cruise late at night when family is in bed, because once it hits night time in the game its lights out for me!

GlamFM

Banned
Each to their own hey... Similar boat here with 3 kids and one is 7 months old, so I'll back u up.

But in my case, I'm taking it sloooooooooow. No cars or events I'm desperate to check out immediately. There's a lot of cool cars I want to give some time to in this game and there's nothing on the horizon (lol) that will beat this game for the experience it gives me. Therefore, no rush...

If only my brain and body would allow me to cruise late at night when family is in bed, because once it hits night time in the game its lights out for me!

This game can be hypnotic.... especially at 4 in the morning.

I aslo have to say that I used the booster cards for the skill events wich I didn´t enjoy.

Top Bottom