• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Dave_6

I don't know if it'll help or not, but I have a killer B-class Lancia Delta that helped me get through one of the earlier races against Ramona Cravache that I just couldn't beat with any other cars. I don't know if it'd help you get past the ones you need, but say the word and I'll share it on the GAF club tonight.

Thanks but like me and p3tran were discussing earlier, for some reason club cars can't be used in races. I think you would have to gift it to me thru the friends list.

G-Pink

Is it just me, or is there some blatant, severe rubberbanding occurring in the later races in this game?

I've been running through the later Street Races, and especially in the R2 brackets, I would be driving a Lambo with maxed out speed stats and on straight-aways where I was in the lead, I would have multiple cars just SHOOT past me like I was standing still, and then almost as immediately slow down to a crawl (Oftentimes slowing down right in front of me, causing me to crash into them).

It's a bit maddening to have a really good portion of a race, or cut a portion of the track very well, and have cars right up in my chuff as if they miraculously transported there. It's no different on Easy or Medium difficulty.

Sorry guys for a delay with that Red Devil Subaru but I have super hard time finding three logos I need for that car. If anyone could help or know what those logos are of...

8142304516_e57146ac3b.jpg

Got the Oberon and Syms logos done, can't find the last three, FBK, TCA (or at least it look like it) and SLCO.

Badned, maybe you know? You always know stuff :)

I am almost positive the FBK is this: http://www.jfbk.co.jp/businessline/index.html

They are a Malaysian company that makes brakes, and that is their japanese site. But I can't find that exact logo.

Edit: If someone can read Japanese, it appears it is just generic text under it. The middle two symbols are "products - 部品", I think.

Edit 2: The last part of the TCS/TCA logo is "car industry - 車工業" again, I think.

Holy crow, DO NOT go into the official forums for this game: 'WE'VE BEEN LIED TO AND CHEATED!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A FORZA GAME AND WE WERE PROMISED A FORZA GAME!!!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!'.

I will never say another negative thing about the GAF community again. Ever.

Did anyone see the post about a class action lawsuit they are brewing up for, excuse me as I laugh, for deceptive/false advertising. I looked up and down that thing but can't find it anywhere now. Anyways it seriously was the dumbest comment I have ever read in a gaming forum and I have read a ton of ridiculous comments over my years.

The hardest race i've encountered so far was a pink bracelet race for hatchbacks. Took me about 20 times to finally beat it on normal with a 2013 Ford Focus.

This game continues to impress me. The cars handle so well.

BADNED

Sorry guys for a delay with that Red Devil Subaru but I have super hard time finding three logos I need for that car. If anyone could help or know what those logos are of...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8054/8142304516_e57146ac3b.jpg

Got the Oberon and Syms logos done, can't find the last three, FBK, TCA (or at least it look like it) and SLCO.

Badned, maybe you know? You always know stuff :)

Don't remember atm who SLCO is but the other two are these:

TOA Industries:
uBpwH.jpg

Fuji Buhin Industries:
F0at5.jpg

BADNED

Thanks Badned, you always seems to have the stuff :)

Shortt, thank you as well for the effort :)
No problem. ;)

Well SLCO seems to be Subaru Logistics but probably an older logo. Maybe some old rally photos can help. I have not found anything in my archives. From what year was that picture?

EDIT:
kjGC5.png

Shaneus

Thanks but like me and p3tran were discussing earlier, for some reason club cars can't be used in races. I think you would have to gift it to me thru the friends list.
Yeah, check my edit :) It's not too difficult or expensive (most importantly!) to hop that car up and get similar performance out of it, but I can check when I get home and let you know specifics. I don't think it would've cost much more than 20,000 on top of the car itself, and that's with only 20% discount.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Is it just me, or is there some blatant, severe rubberbanding occurring in the later races in this game?

I've been running through the later Street Races, and especially in the R2 brackets, I would be driving a Lambo with maxed out speed stats and on straight-aways where I was in the lead, I would have multiple cars just SHOOT past me like I was standing still, and then almost as immediately slow down to a crawl (Oftentimes slowing down right in front of me, causing me to crash into them).

It's a bit maddening to have a really good portion of a race, or cut a portion of the track very well, and have cars right up in my chuff as if they miraculously transported there. It's no different on Easy or Medium difficulty.
In the final race against Darius I got 9 seconds ahead in the highway part at the start, and then out of nowhere he passed me. You would think if he could make up an amazing 9 seconds he would continue to zoom ahead.. But nope. Spent the rest of the race exchanging the lead.

In the final race against Darius I got 9 seconds ahead in the highway part at the start, and then out of nowhere he passed me. You would think if he could make up an amazing 9 seconds he would continue to zoom ahead.. But nope. Spent the rest of the race exchanging the lead.
Yep. I've seen what looks like it too in one of my one-on-one challenges, starting on the interstate. My opponent (forget his name) just went whoosh and was fucking gone into the distance like a rocket out of hell. I had my throttle maxed for the rest of the race with him staying several seconds ahead, but easily caught up with him for no good reason in the last 10% and won the race.

It may not be as apparent as other games most of the time, but the game does seem to be pulling some funny business under the hood.

Fox Mulder

Holy crow, DO NOT go into the official forums for this game: 'WE'VE BEEN LIED TO AND CHEATED!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A FORZA GAME AND WE WERE PROMISED A FORZA GAME!!!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!'.

I will never say another negative thing about the GAF community again. Ever.

I quit going to the Forza forums awhile ago. So much whining going on there.

As a quick question: what is your camera-view of choice? Bumper or cockpit ( or whatever you call the interior of a car )? Is there any valid reason to use the "camera behind the car" view?

user_nat

Lé Blade Runner;43829965 said:
As a quick question: what is your camera-view of choice? Bumper or cockpit ( or whatever you call the interior of a car )? Is there any valid reason to use the "camera behind the car" view?

I like to use the outside view when searching for stuff. Discount signs and barn finds. Can't see any use in actual racing though.

I use either cockpit or bumper depending on the car. Don't like using cockpit if 80% of the screen is black due to the interior of the car.

Always cockpit. Gives me a better awareness of whats going on with the car when using a controller. Every bit of feedback matters.

The other views are nice, and brighter, and show off stuff like active aero and more of the world, but feedback is priority 1 in my book.

Fox Mulder

I enjoy hopping in and out of both really. I like the cockpit view, but also like to see the car sometimes.

My backlog is already big enough as it is and with the Wii U coming soon I'm money constrained though after playing the demo I really want to have Horizon, especially when I see all the awesome photos in the photo thread! :D Well maybe I can "trick" something around since GameStop now accepts Wii games in their 9.99 program.

One question though, I assume livery trading is still locked to LIVE Gold only?

Bonnet cam at the moment, used cockpit all through Forza 4 but here it takes up a lot if screen space and offers nothing more than an extra layer of nice graphics.

If they added a dusty windscreen and allowed seating or fov adjustment it would have been my view of choice.

Lima

So guys.

Real talk. Who is up for the 8 player free roam challenges?

1 million for each challenge for a few minutes work.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So guys.

I need all of them. Nobody ever wants to help.

I go in matches with randoms and they're all just cocking about.

Some guy earlier was riding around in a pimped out Fiat 500 and starts following me around. Two minutes later he sends me a message 'Do you like my car? LOL'. No I don't like your car, just do some damn challenges.

Some guy earlier was riding around in a pimped out Fiat 500 and starts following me around. Two minutes later he sends me a message 'Do you like my car? LOL'. No I don't like your car, just do some damn challenges.

Amazing. If i'm honest, this sort of stuff always brings a smile to my face in free roam racing games.

Fox Mulder

I just did the last street race down at the observatory that went from red rock to the dam, 10 minutes of winding roads at dawn in an S class Ferrari. Awesome fun that I wish was utilized more. I want long ass races.

RawNuts

Been playing this as well as Most Wanted and I must say, the community of each is quite different. In Most Wanted, we may have an objective to complete but a lot of people are driving around thinking, "yay, takedowns!" and constantly just running into everyone they see.

In Forza, I've been quite impressed by how people behave in free roam. If you're host, set a GPS marker for the room on the map and watch the dots flock to the marker without question. Even though this game is more "arcadey" than previous games, I'm still impressed by the amount of racers who won't just slam into you and use you as a mobile guardrail as well (although there is always that one guy).

I need all of them. Nobody ever wants to help.

I go in matches with randoms and they're all just cocking about.

Ok, maybe I've just been getting lucky so far then...

So guys.

Give me a time and I'll hop on to help with this.

ShogunX

Seems like somebody has removed me from the GAF car club or has something happened on the game??

Played a few games with other Gaffers, shared a couple of cars and then removed?

Shaneus

Yeah the rubberbanding is blantently obvious, which is disappointing especially after the 'confirmation' from Helios to the contrary.
Definitely noticed it, too. I don't think it's there in multi-car races, but one-on-one there's definitely something happening there. I'm sure I noticed it in the pink slips race against Ramona.

The Red Devil went gold and it's up on the storefront now, enjoy. For the quality look take it to the garage ;) The only thing that is missing is the Mad Croc logo on the roof, not enough layers to do that, even without it I maxed it out lol.

8143425721_bcb3f13c93_z.jpg

8143455556_76b7aa45f2_z.jpg

8143425891_369a5132e2_z.jpg

8143425815_f12b58ebde_z.jpg

8143425629_6d2867ca8b_z.jpg

8143487244_ddd9872b54_z.jpg

8143455664_b56359e852_z.jpg

I think I'm gonna make the 2006 version anyway, should be available by the end of the week.

Been playing this as well as Most Wanted and I must say, the community of each is quite different. In Most Wanted, we may have an objective to complete but a lot of people are driving around thinking, "yay, takedowns!" and constantly just running into everyone they see.

In Forza, I've been quite impressed by how people behave in free roam. If you're host, set a GPS marker for the room on the map and watch the dots flock to the marker without question. Even though this game is more "arcadey" than previous games, I'm still impressed by the amount of racers who won't just slam into you and use you as a mobile guardrail as well (although there is always that one guy).

Most Wanted's multiplayer encourages a little mayhem, including takedowns. Complaining about it is like complaining someone teabagged you in Halo.

Klocker

ok so I fell in love with Forza 4 this year and became addicted to it. It taught me to be a Sports Car racing enthusiast and I became hooked on collecting the cars.

The grouping option in the garage had me grouping race car series, classes, models, years. I was addicted to organizing my garage and keeping improving it. I bought low and sold high in the auction house and accumalted every car that I wanted, made millions and bought nearly every car pack.

I raced the career to the end (in 1st place the whole time by a mile like everyone else) tuned, upgraded and tested and speed challenged many of them but most of them just sat in my garage.

FH is the driving/racing version of that car collecting experience but I finally feel like driving ALL the cars. The first day or two, I was not impressed but it has just friggin clicked man... well done. This is a balanced driving/race/sim/arcade/collecting experience.

Dave_6

Yeah, check my edit :) It's not too difficult or expensive (most importantly!) to hop that car up and get similar performance out of it, but I can check when I get home and let you know specifics. I don't think it would've cost much more than 20,000 on top of the car itself, and that's with only 20% discount.

Well after checking tonight I've actually only got one B500 race left where I can use any car, as long as it's B500 or less. The other two I have left are the Mini Cooper race and an all VW race (that one being the one that literally made me throw the controller). The AI in that one drove me nucking futs and I just cannot do any better than 2nd.

FH is the driving/racing version of that car collecting experience but I finally feel like driving ALL the cars. The first day or two, I was not impressed but it has just friggin clicked man... well done. This is a balanced race sim/arcade/collecting experience.

Totally agree. The open world between races makes such a huge difference. It's so much easier to take a new car out for a spin, whereas usually your car choices in FM4 are dictated by whatever race comes up next in career.

Shaneus

Well after checking tonight I've actually only got one B500 race left where I can use any car, as long as it's B500 or less. The other two I have left are the Mini Cooper race and an all VW race (that one being the one that literally made me throw the controller). The AI in that one drove me nucking futs and I just cannot do any better than 2nd.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you should leverage the fact that your engine doesn't get damaged. That race I was talking about (the one with Ramona, the Oakley one I think... or it might've been Bose. I dunno) I believe can only be won with a combination of careful braking and serious downshifting. There's a corner toward the end of the track where you go from at least third (possibly fourth) to first. If you use a handbrake you break traction and oversteer (even in a 4WD) and if you just do heavy braking/regular downshifting you bleed too much speed and tend to oversteer. But with only heavy downshifting (combined with a TINY amount of braking) you lose just enough traction to get yourself around the corner, whilst being able to pull it back in again.

This probably isn't new to you at all (given I've only JUST earned the yellow wristband) but I spent a good hour and a half on that race and eventually sussed that technique out.

RawNuts

Most Wanted's multiplayer encourages a little mayhem, including takedowns. Complaining about it is like complaining someone teabagged you in Halo.
I understand that, but when the challenge is something like "everyone meet here" and someone is taking everyone down who is parked at the spot and making them respawn outside of it, it can get a little annoying.

user_nat

Multiplayer would be more fun without collision physics. So annoying being the only person who likes braking at corners.

Klocker

Totally agree. The open world between races makes such a huge difference. It's so much easier to take a new car out for a spin, whereas usually your car choices in FM4 are dictated by whatever race comes up next in career.

forgot to also mention I play with Forza 3 soundtrack playing and an MS Speed Wheel which is fun as hell with this game :)

derFeef

The Red Devil went gold and it's up on the storefront now, enjoy. For the quality look take it to the garage ;) The only thing that is missing is the Mad Croc logo on the roof, not enough layers to do that, even without it I maxed it out lol.

I think I'm gonna make the 2006 version anyway, should be available by the end of the week.

I am getting this, now. Thanks so much, your work is fantastic.
edit: no idea how to search for your designs :/

Top Bottom