• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

I feel ya man. I have more money than time these days and I like having the option to use real money to buy cars. I know some people in here don't have real jobs or are still kids and have that kind of time, but I don't.

I dislike the attitude that how you enjoy a game can be "wrong." A game is a game, just enjoy it.

sneaky77

I feel ya man. I have more money than time these days and I like having the option to use real money to buy cars. I know some people in here don't have real jobs or are still kids and have that kind of time, but I don't.

I dislike the attitude that how you enjoy a game can be "wrong." A game is a game, just enjoy it.

I'll take some of that extra money you have.

btw.. some of us is not that we are kids, or that we are unemployed, just maybe don't make as much lol. But I have no issue with the option to buy the car being there with real cash, as long as there are ways to get them in game (in a way that is fair)

I almost said I envied people that had hours on end to play these games, but then I remembered that I don't envy them. I wouldn't trade the time I spend with my wife and daughter for more time to game. I can't fault anyone for playing games the best way possible to suit the limited amount of time they have to play.

I'll take some of that extra money you have.

btw.. some of us is not that we are kids, or that we are unemployed, just maybe don't make as much lol. But I have no issue with the option to buy the car being there with real cash, as long as there are ways to get them in game (in a way that is fair)

I dig, and I didn't quite mean it that way. Lol More of a response to the common "well just play more" crowd who think its terrible that you can buy those things.

Bender.+I%2527m+Back+Baby%2521.jpg

saladine1

Yeah, no more DLC cars for me. I still have a shit load of them to through in FM4.
The rally pack is the most interesting for me. Hopefully it'll be worth it..

Oh, and Darius Flynt is such a cocky fucker...

derFeef

I will finally join this madness tonight, got my package to pick up. Not sure if I should join the club, I am a sunday-driver ;)

Shaneus

Yeah, no more DLC cars for me. I still have a shit load of them to through in FM4.
The rally pack is the most interesting for me. Hopefully it'll be worth it..

Oh, and Darius Flynt is such a cocky fucker...
I really, really wish they made M. Rossi more prominent than he was. He deserves to have a face to put to the name. Shit, even if he was just that cocky media personality during the intro, I'd have been over the moon.

Chili

I started playing this yesterday and got pretty hooked. Only meant to do a few races and then to go back to Borderlands 2/Dishonored but ended up playing for about five hours. So addictive, the blend of sim/arcade gameplay is perfect for me, the cars control great, the world looks beautiful and actually feels alive with the festival stuff going on and even the Arctic Monkeys manage to sound good in it. And I haven't even started using my wheel yet.

Stocked up on points for the DLC, don't think I'm going to bother with the cars now.

There's a few I miss from F4 but they aren't special enough to rebuy them.

So if I'm doing the math right, Season Pass saves me five bucks overall, assuming there's a car pack along with the expansion in December? (And nets me five extra cars.)

The one thing I am noticing about the cars in Horizon and the DLC are they are starting to add more of the "boutique" tuner cars. This might open them up to add Lingenfelter Corvettes, Hennessey Vipers, that 1700HP Ford GT that has the standing mile record, etc. I would love to see more "one off" famous tuner cars.

The one thing I am noticing about the cars in Horizon and the DLC are they are starting to add more of the "boutique" tuner cars. This might open them up to add Lingenfelter Corvettes, Hennessey Vipers, that 1700HP Ford GT that has the standing mile record, etc. I would love to see more "one off" famous tuner cars.

All my Forza nostalgia has come flooding back.

Nov car pack details:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/November_Bondurant_Car_Pack

People moaning already that 4 cars already exist in Forza 4.

Do they know:

1. Available space leftover on the disc to fit these car assets?
2. Development and testing time required to migrate a car from Forza 4 to Horizon?
3. Where do you draw the line?

I can't be mad at any decision T10 make which adds to the base game for a price because this is the open world game of my dreams since Test Drive on C64, and that game only had 5 cars to choose from which didn't feel all that different to be honest!

1) There still is LOTS of space free in the disc, the game is 6.5 gb (the disc can hold another GB easily). Also they could have used a second disc like in Forza 3-4 and many many other games.

2) And yet they save LOTS of time because the 3d model, sound and other things are already done, they did whole job for past Forza DLC but this time they do less and charge more per car.

3) If the car pack have more than 2 Forza 4 cars i wont buy it, the first car pack was decent because they put 4 new cars, this this case the 50% of the cars are from Forza 4 and clearly left behind to be sold as DLC because they are popular cars (for how many years we have people requesting the 240sx?)
Also is disappoiting they are releasing variants of the car already in the game (which is probably done to save time in modelling), i want to see new models.

Im not supporting DLC like this and its saddens because i have bought every DLC of every Forza (because they were great), i want to support them but i feel cheated.
I guess i have those cars in Forza Horizon 2.

Nista

I had to stay at a friends house who had power yesterday, and he was nice enough to loan me a setup to play Horizon on.

Too bad I still can't seem to beat that helicopter with the corvette. Always just a tiny bit behind.

harrytang

i dont know whats wrong with me but im not enjoying any of the cars over B. DLC holds no interest seeing that it's mostly A or above rides. Going to fast in this game means i hit the wall, or a bump that sends me flying. the races in A or above or just crash festivals. not a fan. the B and lower are just so perfect.

I dont know, i love high speed raced evading the traffic, yesterday i had more time to play and i did this awesome hiper speed races againts Marko Baran for his GT-R, it was soo much fun then i did the same in the rivals mode event and it took me several tries to beat one of club guys because my F40 wasnt as fast as the GT-R.

With the retries and all the stupid amount of points that i got i went from popularity rank 18 to 1 very fast.

By the way, i have been checking the Leaderboards, theres 325K users which is means the sales are very close to that, i hope the game sales more, it deserve it and we need another Forza Horizon in the next console.

Jamesways

I dont know, i love high speed raced evading the traffic, yesterday i had more time to play and i did this awesome hiper speed races againts Marko Baran for his GT-R, it was soo much fun then i did the same in the rivals mode event and it took me several tries to beat one of club guys because my F40 wasnt as fast as the GT-R.

With the retries and all the stupid amount of points that i got i went from popularity rank 18 to 1 very fast.

By the way, i have been checking the Leaderboards, theres 325K users which is means the sales are very close to that, i hope the game sales more, it deserve it and we need another Forza Horizon in the next console.

Yeah, I can't get enough of the R3-R1 races. Some of those super long ones in traffic are an absolute blast.

Dave_6

Well I only have 3 races to win (except for the one on one versus Darius) and they are all B class. For whatever reason (I'm guessing the AI) they are absolutely the most difficult to win. Even with a B500 car that is nothing but lightweight, race tires and suspension and still can't win the fucking things. I hate FWD cars too and that isn't helping...

Coldsnap

Anyone upgrade the Ford Focus to grade A top? I had to for some hatchback event and wtf, this car accelerates so fast but caps off at like 125mph and is so light the moment you go over a bump the wheels spin... sorta fun but useless in the race I needed it for. It's frustrating when you upgrade a car and it turns out to drive like shit because of the upgrades or is still too slow to win the race.

Beat Darius a couple hours ago. It was so much harder because they took you from the last race to the challenge race, without letting you change cars. I was driving the Venom......

Any hoot I got 12mil in the bank and about 7 gold races left. I still enjoy just going to the highpoints in the game and doing down hill runs. So much fun :)

Edit: The Fiat Abath upgraded to A class is a thing of beauty.

Jamesways

Beat Darius a couple hours ago. It was so much harder because they took you from the last race to the challenge race, without letting you change cars. I was driving the Venom......
Any hoot I got 12mil in the bank and about 7 gold races left. I still enjoy just going to the highpoints in the game and doing down hill runs. So much fun :)

Edit: The Fiat Abath upgraded to A class is a thing of beauty.

Hahah, oh man, I bet that was fun. Near the end there's some seriously twisty roads. I beat him last night with the Zonda R. Then went on a huge spending spree, now I pretty much have every car I wanted out of the list fully upgraded.

It's fun to take different cars back to festival or street races. I wish they had way more street races in this.

The race I'm having the hardest time with is the damn helicopter one. Just can't seem to do it.

Krakatoa

Anyone using the Smart Glass Android App? If so how do you get the map from Forza. I cant see any option to show it on my tablet.

Putty

Had a few hours on it. So far so good. Plays really well, looks great bar the pi$$ yellow tone (i'd love to see it with more natural lighting, especially as there's day/night cycles) just too much yellow everywhere.) which i'm just not keen on, had the same issues with all those Codemasters games. The draw distance is fantastic, Playground have done a grand job on the LOD side of things, a lot less noticable than other racers out there.

A lot of people were worried about the color filtering before it came out, but...it doesn't seem that yellow to me at all during the day time? Maybe it's just my TV.

Dave_6

A lot of people were worried about the color filtering before it came out, but...it doesn't seem that yellow to me at all during the day time? Maybe it's just my TV.

It's really only "yellow" during certain parts of the day depending on where the sun is.

p3tran

Banned
Well I only have 3 races to win (except for the one on one versus Darius) and they are all B class. For whatever reason (I'm guessing the AI) they are absolutely the most difficult to win. Even with a B500 car that is nothing but lightweight, race tires and suspension and still can't win the fucking things. I hate FWD cars too and that isn't helping...
try using the '98 impreza or the '83 audi quattro I have in the gaf garage. they are both dark matte. also a scirocco there. I think you will have no problems :)

Broman1978

This game is so awesome! I Love it!
One question thou.. I am sure this has been asked already in the thread but is there a secret road or something because I have looked everywere on the map but I am still missing just 1 road to drive but I cannot find it=P

Dave_6

I'll give it a shot tonight but I swear I tried to use a 599XX from the club garage before and it wouldn't let me.

p3tran

Banned
no I tested, it doesnt work.
I tried to gift you my scooby to play, but then I found out I can only gift to members of my friend list(?) ..unless I'm missing something.
so when you want, shoot me an invitation and I will give you the car

Sorry guys for a delay with that Red Devil Subaru but I have super hard time finding three logos I need for that car. If anyone could help or know what those logos are of...

8142304516_e57146ac3b.jpg

Got the Oberon and Syms logos done, can't find the last three, FBK, TCA (or at least it look like it) and SLCO.

Badned, maybe you know? You always know stuff :)

Holy crow, DO NOT go into the official forums for this game: 'WE'VE BEEN LIED TO AND CHEATED!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A FORZA GAME AND WE WERE PROMISED A FORZA GAME!!!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!'.

I will never say another negative thing about the GAF community again. Ever.

Arucardo

Sorry guys for a delay with that Red Devil Subaru but I have super hard time finding three logos I need for that car. If anyone could help or know what those logos are of...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8054/8142304516_e57146ac3b.jpg

Got the Oberon and Syms logos done, can't find the last three, FBK, TCA (or at least it look like it) and SLCO.

Badned, maybe you know? You always know stuff :)

EDIT: Nevermind, can't be that. I'll keep looking.

Holy crow, DO NOT go into the official forums for this game: 'WE'VE BEEN LIED TO AND CHEATED!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A FORZA GAME AND WE WERE PROMISED A FORZA GAME!!!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!'.

I will never say another negative thing about the GAF community again. Ever.
Heh - I honestly felt like that from playing the demo.

But after a bit it dawned on me that I was playing all that time in a single car, and the muted sounds and vibration make a tremendous difference to how things "feel", especially when using a controller.

Once I got the full retail game I understood what they meant by "Forza DNA". Its doesn't feel or sound exactly like Forza, but its pretty damn close in most ways, and in some ways even better.

Those folks screaming bloody murder should just pretend this game has nothing to do with Forza (even with all the cars, livery editors, rivals mode, upgrades, etc.) and judge the game they have on its own merits. It'll still come out ahead I think.

Krakatoa

i think you have to download the free dlc on the xbox to enable it

Thanks I will download it tonight.

Anyone else notice that it does not detect your sound settings from the Xbox. I had to go into Forza Options and change it from TV to Home Theater.

Shaneus

I don't know if it'll help or not, but I have a killer B-class Lancia Delta that helped me get through one of the earlier races against Ramona Cravache that I just couldn't beat with any other cars. I don't know if it'd help you get past the ones you need, but say the word and I'll share it on the GAF club tonight.

Edit: Okay, just noticed that you can't use group cars in SP races. I think I just gave it an entire running gear upgrade (max diff, trans, clutch etc.), stability mods (max anti-sway bars, rollcage, weight reduction, suspension etc.), flywheel and some small power upgrades (I think just the exhaust?). From memory, that left me with a few points to spare to upgrade the wheels. Changed the wheels themselves and tyre width. Didn't have enough to change the compound, though.

Drives like a dream and seems to be a bit of a giant killer.

So Forza vets - what is the key to getting the best launch off the line?

That seems to be the biggest factor for how difficult a race will be for me against the AI. They all seem to get near perfect launches and I'm almost always playing catch up right from the get-go.

I've only ever known the trick to doing it in NFS: Shift, but they have graphics to help you out.

Top Bottom