• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Definitely not.
kph = kilometers per hour

Pffff, km/h is the unit.

There's a chance some of the specs are wrong; mostly I saw that in race cars in Forza 3/4 (e.g. red line limit is wrong on the C6.R/LS7.R).

If the truck in question can rev high enough, 200km/h in third isn't out of line. Have driven Dodges that can hit 150km/h in third (I didn't), and the 5.7 HEMI stops at 4000RPM.

You know the real way to describe what speed you are at. Not that silly mph you guys have which doesn't make any sense.

I'm Canadian. It's km/h.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Took a break from single player to check out some of the multi stuff, didn't really intend to stay on too long. 22 levels later...This game.

IISANDERII

Definitely does, the stock Horizon Raptor gear ratios match up to the real life counterpart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gQHeEW9xWE
You right. The game gave me the truck with an upgraded gearbox that has taller gears.
If the truck in question can rev high enough, 200km/h in third isn't out of line. Have driven Dodges that can hit 150km/h in third (I didn't), and the 5.7 HEMI stops at 4000RPM.
See above; it wouldn't have been out of line, it woulda been out of this entire universe since it was nearly reaching its top speed when only halfway through the gears.

edit: Hold on, it definitely is reaching 100mph in 3rd gear and 100mph is its real life top speed. I don't know wtf is going on, I'll post later.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
How are the Barn Finds #8 and #9 and the last showcase triggered? won every street race, every festival event, popularity level at 39.

Thanks in advance!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
How are the Barn Finds #8 and #9 and the last showcase triggered? won every street race, every festival event, popularity level at 39.

Thanks in advance!

Patience. Took ages after the end game for them to trigger for me. Doesn't seem to be anything special you can do to get them to show.

The_Monk

Thanks in advance!

It took me a lot of time to get them and I'm still missing one. I've done almost everything in the game. The most strange thing was I was in Free Roam for a bit and when I checked the Map I saw a circle showing a possible Barn. Went in and found it. Did not receive a warning or tha lady calling, etc. Strange.

Also, can you use the Tokens from the Limited Edition to get those Popularity Spikes and then use on the PR Stunts? Those are way to hard for me.

CrunchinJelly you did them all right, any tips?

Arc07

I'm only 78% done with the game (1st in pop, beat Darius) and I was driving around in one of the club's Reventons and the rumor for #8 popped up. No idea what I did to trigger it.

IISANDERII

Forza removes the speed governors, which a lot of trucks have. Look at all the German cars that can exceed 155mph.
Well yeah, they also remove any semblance of real life gear ratios along with it...in all the cars I've tried but one: Nissan GTR. At 200kph you're in the upper range of 5th gear and could comfortably be in 6th already. Now that's much more inline with my real world experiences.

Lima

Thanks in advance!

Barn finds are randomly triggered. Just cruise around and you will get them eventually. The last showcase will be unlocked once you hit popularity level 1.

Also, can you use the Tokens from the Limited Edition to get those Popularity Spikes and then use on the PR Stunts? Those are way to hard for me.

CrunchinJelly you did them all right, any tips?

Yes you can. Buy the 120 minute pack with 3 tokens go do the combo stuff. You get a x2.0 multiplier instead of the x1.0 which helps a lot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the more i play this game, the more i love it - particularly the lap races. in the towns and cities this feels like pgr. on multisurface, its like rsc2. the game is at its very best when it mixes and matches a variety of surfaces, elevation changes, and speed. open road is like no other, maybe nfs/burnout, but these cars feel like cars.

a few nitpicks for future iterations though; remove the goddamn rubber banding, increase traffic (in city areas at least), improve traffic ai, and improve collision physics with traffic.

Klocker

Am I missing something or is there no way to launch directly to a Rival event from the message box leting you know a rival beat your time?

I could swear in F4 you could launch directly to the event.

All I am seeing is a link to set a waypoint back to race central and then you need to scour the lists to find said event and then find your rival??

anyone?

Dave_6

Lets see it.

Here it is:
Rustybug.jpg

:)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
alice should revoke your wristband for bringing such a car to the festival

So now that we've all had the game for awhile how do we think the rally expansion is going to work? New roads? A whole new area? Or just new events on already existing roads? Will the rallies just be time based (one car at a time) or will they be staggered starts? Other than new cars and I would assume official liveries, will there be any other goodies? Will the events just show up on the map we already have or will it be a new map or a new option from the main menu?

I just got this and wanted to purchase a 350/70z but they do not seem to be in the game. Are they available later on or not at all?

RawNuts

So now that we've all had the game for awhile how do we think the rally expansion is going to work? New roads? A whole new area? Or just new events on already existing roads? Will the rallies just be time based (one car at a time) or will they be staggered starts? Other than new cars and I would assume official liveries, will there be any other goodies? Will the events just show up on the map we already have or will it be a new map or a new option from the main menu?
I'm hoping they will be expanding on the existing map with a new area, or a separate map area altogether. If they have a game set in Colorado where you can drive on dirt roads and they're releasing a rally expansion for it, I would cry if they're not taking advantage of Pike's Peak.

I think the whole thing will be more officially structured and you won't be racing as your festival character, though I don't think we'll be seeing official liveries. I'm hoping for staggered starts as well as a ghost race option online.

Arucardo

I'm hoping they will be expanding on the existing map with a new area, or a separate map area altogether. If they have a game set in Colorado where you can drive on dirt roads and they're releasing a rally expansion for it, I would cry if they're not taking advantage of Pike's Peak.

I think the whole thing will be more officially structured and you won't be racing as your festival character, though I don't think we'll be seeing official liveries. I'm hoping for staggered starts as well as a ghost race option online.

Oh yeah, a Pikes Peak from the era where it still has dirt sections would me awesome (they've paved it completely now so no more dirt parts).

Shaneus

Here's an interesting thing I noticed the other day. I was reading an article where Bizarre talks about the tech in Blur and something quite interesting... the in-house engine they used when working on the game is called "Horizon". I wonder if the name of Forza Horizon was at least somehow inspired by it and possibly even has some of the techniques in Blur implemented?

Anyway, just thought it was interesting. Maybe there's more ex-Bizarre influence and DNA in FH than we think?

On that note... I really wish we had the clicking sound from the PGR games when you're earning Kudos or whatever in FH. So satisfying.

Shaneus

I just loved it when they still had the sound clicking over at the start of the PGR4 intro when the bike was doing donuts... so effective.

The best (driving) game intro movie ever. All using the in-game engine, captures the feeling of the game perfectly.

*sigh*

PS. Also love this one (E3 trailer?), especially that little edit at around 1:06 where the name flashes up perfectly in sync with the music. I want that back in my racing games again.

Give me PGR5, Playground. I have no doubt you'd do it justice. FWIW that's about the biggest compliment a Bizarre fan could give anyone ;)

purg3

slept with Malkin
I just loved it when they still had the sound clicking over at the start of the PGR4 intro when the bike was doing donuts... so effective.

The best (driving) game intro movie ever. All using the in-game engine, captures the feeling of the game perfectly.

*sigh*

PS. Also love this one (E3 trailer?), especially that little edit at around 1:06 where the name flashes up perfectly in sync with the music. I want that back in my racing games again.

Give me PGR5, Playground. I have no doubt you'd do it justice. FWIW that's about the biggest compliment a Bizarre fan could give anyone ;)

Those were awesome, makes me want to play it now.

It's going to be weird having a new Xbox launch without a PGR. :( Although, I would be perfectly happy with Forza 5/Horizon 2 at launch or launch window.

Well I ordered the game and the speedwheel on that Gamespot/Amazon deal, should get them tomorrow. This will be my first Forza game, but the demo really clicked with me. I got NFSMW and while the multi in that is great, I found the single player lacking. Hopefully this scratches that itch.

Would love an invite to the car club, GT is Greendomo

Also this is my first post, been lurking for a while, account finally got activated!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not trying to start no beef or nothing, but after a few hours with MW.

...It really can't compete with FH. It feels like a multiplayer shell with not much inside.

Well from what I've seen both are very different games, even though they are both 'open world racers'. But as someone who LOVED Burnout Paradise, there's just something missing for me in MW. Especially in the single player. I do love the frantic aspect of the multiplayer, and the speed lists, and the variety of challenges, but the single player really doesn't have the depth or character I was hoping for.

But excited to try out Horizon, and to see if this speedwheel is any good! Any of you guys use and recommend it?

Shaneus

Those were awesome, makes me want to play it now.

It's going to be weird having a new Xbox launch without a PGR. :( Although, I would be perfectly happy with Forza 5/Horizon 2 at launch or launch window.
I'm cautiously optimistic about it, to be honest. I mean, they now have an FM game as a likely candidate for a launch title, but FM games lack the real Hollywood-esque excitement of racing around city streets that PGR has. As I said before, given how well Playground did with FH, I would have no doubt that if they were given the keys to the Gotham franchise, they would do it extremely proud.

Hell, FH basically IS a PGR game in almost everything but name.

Well I ordered the game and the speedwheel on that Gamespot/Amazon deal, should get them tomorrow. This will be my first Forza game, but the demo really clicked with me. I got NFSMW and while the multi in that is great, I found the single player lacking. Hopefully this scratches that itch.

Would love an invite to the car club, GT is Greendomo

Also this is my first post, been lurking for a while, account finally got activated!

The game won't let you invite someone until they have already started playing. So remind us again when you start up the game and we will add you.

Since both Subaru and Toyota went Rally with 86 what's better way to celebrate this then bringing Iconic paint to the Horizon, not necessarily on the classic car ;)

Coming soon...

8156823513_9c9eb2805f_z.jpg

Top Bottom